PDA

View Full Version : Seems like the last one falls too...SwedVDR

Sylar666
04-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Sad news...

For BitTorrent trackers that are hosted in Sweden, these are indeed dark times. Once a safe heaven for torrent sites, Sweden’s BitTorrent tracker scene has been collapsing ever since The Pirate Bay lost their case in Swedish court. In addition to the bunch of private trackers that closed earlier, two more popular Swedish trackers have decided to shut down their operations; SoftMP3 and SweDVDR. Another popular site based in Sweden, TTi.nu, has undergone major changes fearing legal action - It looks as if TTi will refrain from tracking copyrighted content in the future.

tti swedvdr

We have quoted below some of the messages posted on these sites informing members of the shutdown/changes. Note that some of these are translated versions since the original messages were in Swedish/Hungarian.

And quoted below is a new post from SweDVDR – a large torrent site that tracked untouched DVDR releases of Swedish and English movies. They were apparently threatened by Swedish Anti-Piracy Agency with legal action:

2009-04-22 - Swedvdr's future
Most Swedish trackers including Swedvdr has received threats from the Anti-Piracy Office so torrent activity must stop.
Since I do not want litigation against me will be sadly Swedvdrs tracker and torrents disappear within a week.
Like Swebits page will still be evident, including the Forum remains. / / Soft

Source: http://href.hu/x/8tqt

mievmo
04-22-2009, 10:06 PM
damn... that is sucks !!

cstrik3
04-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Wow, i think all trackers that rest in Sweden must move to another country atm..

Spooky
04-22-2009, 10:51 PM
This is sad news :-(
It is never good when trackers are forced to shut their doors.

Dretskol
04-22-2009, 11:05 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henrik_Pont%C3%A9n

Blame him

sez
04-22-2009, 11:24 PM
At least they won't be part of this bullshit.
www.p2pon.com/2009/04/19/swedish-isp-protect-customers-fight-ipred/
but this is really fuckd.kinda beats the purpose of the fast internet speeds...

*goes to search for jap trackers

MyName
04-23-2009, 12:15 AM
bad news

CaptanAmerica
04-23-2009, 12:32 AM
changing country where serv will be located (wo new bt law) + fake owner can solve da problem?

Glitterstep
04-23-2009, 02:28 AM
No no...really feeling sad about the shite thats happening!!...But i got a message for those anti-piracy fuckers...BT is never gonna die!!...

1000possibleclaws
04-23-2009, 03:08 AM
Hmm let's see if TDC will leap at this chance. ATM I think they offer too many freeleech packs, and users don't seed the actual dvds well resulting in terrible speeds. If they fix their ratio economy system this could be the push they need.

cinephilia
04-23-2009, 03:16 AM
that's also a chance for NB to gain scandinavian members from SweDVDR.
not sure it is their wish though.

willsmith099
04-23-2009, 03:40 AM
Whats all this happening in Sweden,Someone told me that there are no restrictions on hosting torrent sites there
So what is this crap?

djerholler69
04-23-2009, 04:48 AM
I guess everyone's just playing it cool for now. no one knows whats going to happen next.

If this temporary closure is going to be able to reduce the attention paid to our beloved websites, I guess its a tough sacrifice for the community as a whole. Too much attention to BT as it is now already...

Funkin'
04-23-2009, 06:13 AM
You would think they would just switch hosters/countries rather than shutting down.

Sylar666
04-23-2009, 06:18 AM
What worries me even more that TL seems to also be hosted in Sweden...

johhn
04-23-2009, 07:01 AM
I heard TL was hosted in Netherlands. and hope the upcoming mininova case wouldnt do much damage to it since mininova is in Netherlands too.
any idea where hdbits is based ?

Swift
04-23-2009, 07:26 AM
SceneHD is semi shut down

maddoxro
04-23-2009, 07:31 AM
From my point of view, i don't care if all swedish trackers will close down, especially those like SWEDVDR who were exclusively for nordicks

puckface
04-23-2009, 07:34 AM
hahah. he said 'dicks'

Swift
04-23-2009, 07:35 AM
From my point of view, i don't care if all swidish trackers will close down, especially those like SWEDVDR who were exclusively for nordicks

amin to that the only tracker i used was scenehd but not so much

soulreaper
04-23-2009, 04:38 PM
From my point of view, i don't care if all swedish trackers will close down, especially those like SWEDVDR who were exclusively for nordicks

:lol:

RedRansom
04-23-2009, 06:45 PM
I heard TL was hosted in Netherlands. and hope the upcoming mininova case wouldnt do much damage to it since mininova is in Netherlands too.
hdbits at sweden but not sure about tl...(aint tl usa? maybe this is just a ghost domain for ddos)

0Ri0N
04-24-2009, 07:44 PM

Look at the mirror and what do you see? A selfish bastard. :frusty:

hagckz0r
04-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Glad I didn't have an account there. Pretty sure that I would have regretted tracker's dissparition

mossy123
04-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Damn I never realised all this shit was happening. I was pissed when I saw TTi decision to turn into a free music site. I had 700GB up only 100gb down. I wish I sucked all the downloads I could and never kept such a good ratio. Damn I wish I was a super leech :( Closed my account down and lost the lot.

Green Goblin
04-24-2009, 09:24 PM
where will i get my PAL dvds from now, what a shame, leeching like crazy till it shuts the doors.

maddoxro
04-24-2009, 09:44 PM

Nope, all i see is a cool dude who doesn't give a crap about SWEDVDR :ermm:

Mister Moo
04-24-2009, 10:16 PM

Nope, all i see is a cool dude who doesn't give a crap about SWEDVDR :ermm:

screw Swedvdr, then disabled my 90 week old "Divine" Account, simply because I have an American IP. That site is full of racist Sweden nationalists.

FACE_TO_FACE
04-25-2009, 02:06 AM

IMPORTANT NEWS!

Sorry fellow SceneHD users but we will close down the tracker (download/upload) on 28th April. Due to emails from the Swedish Anti-Piracy Bureau. We don't want to risk getting sued.

Forum and IRC will works as usual.

If you got any question you can send a staff pm or contact us on IRC.

This is only temporary, we are looking on some other options.

VinX
04-25-2009, 07:31 AM

arghh ,, i hope TL doesnt face what swedvdr and others had to face ... i love TL

Sylar666
04-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Hopefully in light of the new events some Staff change their minds. The so called letters of AntiPiratbyran are nothing more but sheer blackmail and extortion.

Bone.W.Machine
04-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Hopefully in light of the new events some Staff change their minds. The so called letters of AntiPiratbyran are nothing more but sheer blackmail and extortion.Not really, they're much more than that.

Sylar666
04-25-2009, 09:58 AM
Hej, Bone.W. Machine!
Had it been a retrial for TPB some Staff would reconsider. At least that's what I anticipate. This is far form over with a judge being allegedly fixed. What a scandal...