PDA

View Full Version : Type O Negative

razorsharp013
09-22-2003, 11:04 PM
I'm asking because I've seen them in concert 3 times and even though they are one of my all time my favorite bands, damn they suck! Well I guess they're not terrible, but they're not so great either. Maybe it's just the poor excuse for a city I live in - Orlando Fl. - that doesn't motivate them. Is it just me, or have anyone one else seen them?
They played at the House of Blues her 2 weeks ago and the opening band, (which I am ashamed to say I had never heard of before), was absoloutly awesome! -Lacuna Coil. They put so much passion into their performance, and the lead singer - a girl - sung her heart out. The girl I was with bought me their CD on the spot. Type O seemed like they were just there to pick up a pay check, they only played 7 or 8 songs!
So is it just my bad luck, or do they always suck that bad live?

summerlinda
09-22-2003, 11:50 PM
Type O Negative [especialy Peter, he gets homesick] doesn't like touring, and when he's sick of it, i guess it shows, and it shouldn't....
I saw them [only] 1 time :( But they were good, not great, just good. They dont have much of a show, they just play, drink, make some jokes etc. But i have seen live material in which they were awsome, fucking the whole show up with Pantera foodfights etc [its on After Dark DVD which is hilarious!]

If you really want to see a "show kinda show", i dont think Type O is the place to be...

:wub: I am not sure if i am objective because i just LOVE Type O Negative! :wub:

Jayhawk
09-23-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by summerlinda@22 September 2003 - 17:50
:wub: I am not sure if i am objective because i just LOVE Type O Negative! :wub:
i really like Type O Negative never seen them live but everything seems good.

HMM who knows

Jayhawk

razorsharp013
09-23-2003, 12:49 AM
I know what you're saying, and like I said, Type O are one of my all time favs if not at the top of the list. I just found the shows I've been to very dissapointing. I don't remember any talking to the crowd except, "Goodnight Orlando!"
Don't get me wrong, I'll still spend my money everytime they come to town. I just think they should at least try to fake enjoying themselves while they are on stage.
And I wasn't really expecting a "show kind of show" as I knew what to expect. But the openers Lacuna Coil poured their heart into every song and they alone were worth the price of admission.

summerlinda
09-23-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by razorsharp013@23 September 2003 - 01:49
I don't remember any talking to the crowd except, "Goodnight Orlando!"
Don't get me wrong, I'll still spend my money everytime they come to town. I just think they should at least try to fake enjoying themselves while they are on stage.

You are right, you paid as much as anyone else who pays for a concert that the band does enjoy, it should not matter. Like you said, if they dont like it they can just pretend.

Next time chant: You Suck [not live at Brighton beach] :P

You could go complain at the forum and send Johnny an e-mail [he's the only one who actually reads them from time to time] ;)

lotep
09-23-2003, 02:45 PM
I've seen them twice and both time they were great! The best thing about a type o show is what covers they'll throw your way, the last one i went to they played born in the ussr,light my fire and bad moon rising man they just do the best covers.

razorsharp013
09-23-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by lotep@23 September 2003 - 09:45
I've seen them twice and both time they were great! The best thing about a type o show is what covers they'll throw your way, the last one i went to they played born in the ussr,light my fire and bad moon rising man they just do the best covers.
You're lucky! It's not fair!
I didn't get any covers, all I got was 7 or 8 songs that were just flown right though. Can't argue with that point though, they do play the best covers.

summerlinda
09-23-2003, 03:46 PM
I'm glad to see some other Type O fans :D
[sometimes i was wondering if i was the only one...] ;)

Did you guys see the I Dont Wanna Be Me video? It cracked me up, really hilarious!

razorsharp013
09-23-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by summerlinda@23 September 2003 - 10:46
I'm glad to see some other Type O fans :D
[sometimes i was wondering if i was the only one...] ;)

Did you guys see the I Dont Wanna Be Me video? It cracked me up, really hilarious!
HELL NO!!! Type O are Gods!
And no, I didn't know there was one. Is it on Kazaa?

summerlinda
09-23-2003, 06:48 PM
I guess its on KL yes, i believe i took it from the Roadrunner site (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/video/) site [its not great quality] its a quicktime file.

Enjoy :lol: