PDA

View Full Version : Game Controllers

Gre1
09-23-2003, 12:10 AM
This should be the right section but anyway I have had this game contoller for a week now. It's plug and play so when I first plugged it in it worked then later on that day it wouldn't work anymore I tried and tried but nothing I think I might need to unistall the drivers or something I don't really know can someone me. Thanxs.

pol
09-23-2003, 12:33 AM
hey Gre1

try opening 'device manager' (control panel - system - hardware - device manager), find the device, it will probably have a yellow '?' on it, try right clicking on it and select properties - driver - 'roll back driver'

if this doesnt work for you, the next time you plug in the controller, if the system asks for drivers, direct it to C:\WINDOWS\INF

if it doesnt ask for drivers when you plug in, go back to 'device manager', right click on the device again, select 'update driver' and then direct it to C:\WINDOWS\INF

Gre1
09-23-2003, 01:30 AM
Nope, still not working it has the drivers installed how do I uninstall and reinstall cause u lost me on that roll back driver tip.

pol
09-23-2003, 02:03 AM
u lost me on that roll back driver

right click on your 'my computer' icon, select 'properties' then click the 'hardware' tab then 'device manager'

*edited, pic subbed by host*

then you will see this, go to the game controller, it will probably have a yellow question mark on it like this

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/guys/2ABCD.jpg

then right click on the device name, select 'properties' - driver tab and then hit 'roll back driver'

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/guys/3ABC.jpg

hope it works for you Gre1 :D

Gre1
09-23-2003, 02:30 AM
U have a updated OS then me that's why I still use Windows 98 I don't get those to features roll back and uninstall

pol
09-23-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Gre1@23 September 2003 - 02:30
U have a updated OS then me that's why I still use Windows 98 I don't get those to features roll back and uninstall

sorry Gre1 i dont know much about '98

Nope, still not working it has the drivers installed how do I uninstall and reinstall

i dont think you should have to uninstall if it's plug and play, as far as i know the C:\WINDOWS\INF folder might still work with '98 (i'm pretty sure it works on 2000/me - its where some of the standard input device drivers are kept)

hoepfully someone has more experience with '98 and can help you

johnboy27
09-23-2003, 02:56 AM
Just right click on the your controller in the device manager screen and then choose properties and select "remove". Then reinstall. I am just curious,but what controller is it?

pol
09-23-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by johnboy27@23 September 2003 - 02:56
Just right click on the your controller in the device manager screen and then choose properties and select "remove". Then reinstall. I am just curious,but what controller is it?

yep, you could try that as well Gre1 :-" :"> :-" :D

Gre1
09-23-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by johnboy27@22 September 2003 - 21:56
That new Nyko Airflo controller

EDIT: By the way I did try that.

Evil Gemini
09-24-2003, 12:57 AM
Before turning your computer on have the controller plugged in and it might work.

BTW pol what theme you got installed it looks very cool