PDA

View Full Version : Horror Channel On It's Way

Busyman
09-23-2003, 01:05 AM
Cable television entrepreneurs Nick Psaltos and Kim Bangash have enlisted directors Wes Craven, John Carpenter and Tobe Hooper to join the advisory board of the Horror Channel, a proposed network that aims to begin operation on Halloween night 2004, Variety reported. Psaltos and Bangash have made a few formal presentations to potential investors and cable operators. Horror Channel has scared up $750,000 so far, and it hopes to harvest $3 million from the venture-capital community within the next four months, the trade paper reported.

No cable operators have signed up for the Horror Channel yet. Bangash told the trade paper that the network has more than 1,000 U.S. horror movies to draw on for its round-the-clock schedule, as well as another 1,000-plus movies and TV series from abroad.

Gre1
09-23-2003, 01:08 AM
So do u mean they will have a channel with all the old & new horror flicks on it, if so all I have say is I will be getting that channel

:beerchug: :sorcerer: :beerchug:

Monkeee
09-23-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Gre1@23 September 2003 - 01:08
So do u mean they will have a channel with all the old & new horror flicks on it, if so all I have say is I will be getting that channel

:beerchug: :sorcerer: :beerchug:
AMEN :beerchug: :beerchug:

downloadgeek
09-23-2003, 01:38 AM
In canada we have two channels like that: Scream And Drive-In Classic.

Scream basically shows anything to do with horror. All horror all the time. Mostly movies but they also have shows.

Drive In- shows only movies and they are all b grade horror movies from the past. Awesome channels! :) Both of them!

NeoTheOne
09-23-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by downloadgeek@22 September 2003 - 17:38
In canada we have two channels like that: Scream And Drive-In Classic.

Scream basically shows anything to do with horror. All horror all the time. Mostly movies but they also have shows.

Drive In- shows only movies and they are all b grade horror movies from the past. Awesome channels! :) Both of them!
i was just gonna say tht

MagicNakor
09-23-2003, 01:58 AM
There's also Space, Showcase and Bravo, which have all been known to show horror films/shows.

:ninja:

Busyman
09-23-2003, 02:01 AM
Sci-Fi channel here in America shows them also but not pure horror all the time.
Sci-Fi and horror often go hand in hand on the sci-fi side.
It does seem like Canada has the horror channels though.
America doesn't have them.

The Horror fanatic
09-23-2003, 03:29 AM
sounds a very good idea to do the horror channel. be a laugh to see what they put on it. But it would satisfy me being an horror fanatic.

Jay
09-23-2003, 07:47 AM
i might watch the channel dependin on what kind of movies they show

sickmonkey
09-23-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Jay@23 September 2003 - 07:47
i might watch the channel dependin on what kind of movies they show
Im guessing they will show horror movies? ;)

Sounds good,about time we had a channel worth watching.

Darth Sushi
09-23-2003, 10:55 AM
2004! http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/cry.gif I guess I'll just hurry up and wait.http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/nerves.gif

3RA1N1AC
09-23-2003, 12:39 PM
this makes me wanna upgrade to digital cable. if my cable provider carries this channel, there&#39;s no way they&#39;re gonna add it to the basic analogue service. they already took my Sci-Fi Channel away & moved it to the digital service a few years ago... <_<

MetroStars
09-23-2003, 12:44 PM
it better b gud horror and none of this teen shit, like scream, and i know wot u did last summer...

I c wanna c classics like

Driller Killer

Zombie Holocaust

Zomie Flesh Eaters

well all of the video nasties but, i have a feeling if wes craven and tobe hooper r involved it will b shit horror