PDA

View Full Version : Nikkid's Axeman

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 01:29 AM
Ok, I have thought about this and now it's quiet I'm gonna throw myself to the wolves and post this...........Somebody told me to ;) :P

ROCK!!!!! (http://www.cooljonno.co.uk/page1.html)

It's my web page, not flashy cos all it is , is a page of downloads..........

Videos of me Playing my guitar.

I could'nt stream them cos ...........well I could'nt :rolleyes:

So if anyone is interested just right click the file and save as :)

For those of you on Dialup there is a file with low in the title that will only take 10 ish minutes :)

Erm...........I think I'm gonna go hide now :ph34r:

Jonno B)

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
09-23-2003, 01:37 AM
:huh: When are you and Guitar Slinger going to release an Album? :huh:

Jackstermj
09-23-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@23 September 2003 - 01:37
:huh: When are you and Guitar Slinger going to release an Album? :huh:
That's not a bad Idea ;) :P

*yanks JOnno out from hiding* :rolleyes:

4play
09-23-2003, 01:39 AM
nice im downloading welcome to the jungle now.
:D

Guillaume
09-23-2003, 01:40 AM
Not bad! Only the videos tend to be jumpy...

mmmm... Leather pants and open shirt on " Sweet Child O' mine..."
Now I know how you got Nikki's attention! :lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by 4play@23 September 2003 - 01:39
Oh you would go for the one I played worst :rolleyes:

Heh, at one point in that I spilt beer on me guitar :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I was drunk :rolleyes: Nothing new there then :lol: :lol:

@FC......I'm waiting for him to teach me to play :D

@Jacks......Trust you <_< :P ;)

@Gurahl.........How&#39;d you do that so quick? :blink: Took me 59 mins to upload that one :blink: And it&#39;s 8 mins long :blink:

Yeah, Nikki liked me leathers :D

Thats why I wore em :lol:

Jonno B)

Guillaume
09-23-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@23 September 2003 - 02:43
@Gurahl.........How&#39;d you do that so quick? :blink: Took me 59 mins to upload that one :blink: And it&#39;s 8 mins long :blink:
ADSL with only one download running ( your vid ) can be fast
And I was looking mainly at your leathers&#33; You know how managers can be sometimes&#33; :lol:

Jackstermj
09-23-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+23 September 2003 - 01:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 23 September 2003 - 01:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-4play@23 September 2003 - 01:39
Oh you would go for the one I played worst :rolleyes:

Heh, at one point in that I spilt beer on me guitar :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I was drunk :rolleyes: Nothing new there then :lol: :lol:

@FC......I&#39;m waiting for him to teach me to play :D

@Jacks......Trust you <_< :P ;)

Yeah, Nikki liked me leathers :D

Thats why I wore em :lol:

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
Trust me??

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? :rolleyes: :P

4play
09-23-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by jonno
Oh you would go for the one I played worst

Heh, at one point in that I spilt beer on me guitar

beer my arse that looked like a pint of water to me. :lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 01:57 AM
@Gurahl..........you dirty git, you suppose to be...........Oh never mind everyone else said the same :lol: :lol:

@Jacks........You know :P ;)

@4play........Well it&#39;s Diamond White cider actually, very sticky on me finger board :blink: :lol:

Jonno B)

Somebody1234
09-23-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@22 September 2003 - 20:29
Ok, I have thought about this and now it&#39;s quiet I&#39;m gonna throw myself to the wolves and post this...........Somebody told me to ;)&nbsp; :P

ROCK&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; (http://www.cooljonno.co.uk/page1.html)

It&#39;s my web page, not flashy cos all it is , is a page of downloads..........

Videos of me Playing my guitar.

I could&#39;nt stream them cos ...........well I could&#39;nt :rolleyes:

So if anyone is interested just right click the file and save as :)

For those of you on Dialup there is a file with low in the title that will only take 10 ish minutes :)

Erm...........I think I&#39;m gonna go hide now :ph34r:

Jonno B)
That &#39;Somebody&#39; wasn&#39;t me. :P

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 03:08 AM
:rolleyes: No not you :rolleyes:

A couple of certain young ladies :D

Jonno B)

Afronaut
09-23-2003, 03:23 AM
An Album? With Jonno? Teach how to play...?

I could do a song, or a cover song for starters, with Jonno, yes, and them lessons costs ca 15 euros per hour, one hour is 45 min, but it&#39;ll be a bit extra given the distance between us ;)

... gotta DL and listen, maybe i dont have anything to teach after all...

Cheers:
-GS-

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 03:27 AM
Oh sheet, the master has shown up :ph34r:

Me&#39;s gonna go hide for real now :ph34r:

Yoinkshttp://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/eekout.gif

Jonno B)

Afronaut
09-23-2003, 03:32 AM
Listening Apache right now, not bad.... ;)

Cheers:
-GS-

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 03:35 AM
Cheers m8 :)

Can I just clarify something I meant to say at the start.

I got my first guitar in 1999 and thought the Tremelo bar was what gave it the OD sound :rolleyes: that&#39;s how much I knew.
I have never had a lesson, I have never had ANY help from anyone I am totally self taught by books and a passion to want it :)

Also there are mistakes, several, partly due to drink but also partly due to me never claiming to be good, all I ever said was I can play and no one can deny that :)

Just wanted to say that :ph34r:

Jonno B)

Afronaut
09-23-2003, 03:55 AM
Playing is ok, but the dancing.... :ph34r:

....j/k.

If you are passionate enuff, get some lessons, play with other ppl, its really cool. ;)

G&#39;Night, im off to bed:
-GS-

Jackstermj
09-23-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@23 September 2003 - 03:23
An Album? With Jonno? Teach how to play...?

I could do a song, or a cover song for starters, with Jonno, yes, and them lessons costs ca 15 euros per hour, one hour is 45 min, but it&#39;ll be a bit extra given the distance between us ;)

... gotta DL and listen, maybe i dont have anything to teach after all...

Cheers:
-GS-
Pfft @ Teaching ;)

He doesn&#39;t need it :)

He Rocks :D

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@23 September 2003 - 03:55

If you are passionate enuff, get some lessons, play with other ppl, its really cool. ;)

:o :o http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Cjcooljonno/cry2.gif

Ok I don&#39;t mind, just shoot me down why don&#39;t ya :P

Dancing........errr........pished when I done maost of them, can&#39;t you tell :lol: :lol: :lol: , I can play better than that :(

I was in a band, we fell out over musical tastes, they wanted to play chart stuff...........and I did&#39;nt :angry: If I don&#39;t like a song, I can&#39;t play it as well as I should, plus no one wants to hear it :ph34r:
There is also the minor fact that I can&#39;t play in public :ph34r:

As for lessons <_< Why do you think I never had any?.........No one round here does it and I&#39;m not travelling 30 miles and paying £10 for half an hour and some guy to tell me something I already know.
Believe it or not I do know quite a bit about what I&#39;m doing, whetjer or not that shows in my playing is different, but for someone who never had any help but from mags I don&#39;t think I&#39;ve done too bad really :)

Jonno B)

NikkiD
09-23-2003, 12:02 PM
*sigh* leather pants.... wait... you mean he was playing a guitar? :blink: :lol:

As someone who cannot play guitar, I&#39;ve gotta hand it to you sweetie, you&#39;re not bad, not bad at all :D

And now back to those leather pants... *sigh*

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 12:08 PM
I did wonder why you never said anything about me playing :rolleyes:

So it was the leathers that done it huh :D B)

TY ;)

Jonno B)

NikkiD
09-23-2003, 12:30 PM
Awwwww... You know I love your playing too... it&#39;s just those leather pants are distracting&#33;&#33;&#33;

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 12:32 PM
:rolleyes: I know, I can&#39;t help being a sex god :lol: :lol: :lol: or is that sex dog :blink: :blink:

Jonno B)

ezyryder
09-23-2003, 12:47 PM
sounds ok, what I am about to say isn&#39;t insults, just constructive critism. You should practice each song with a metronome more and study each note instead of "ad-libbing" them (it sounds like that anyway). If the note is an eigth, make in an eigth, if it&#39;s dotted, make sure you change it. Make sure you hammer-on/off properly and learn the weight of your strings perfectly for the bends. Another important thing is to know the fretboard off by heart, make sure your fingers are always perfectly fretted.

My advice for you is to study the songs closely. Learn a bar at a time from the notation and make sure you have it exact as the song (again, the metronome should never be forgotten, even for a professional), this will drastically improve your playing (which is good, don&#39;t get me wrong).

I really like the tone you have acheived but i&#39;ve noticed when you get to had bars you tend to ad-lib and play random fast stuff, which is very common for people to do but VERY bad. When people begin doing this, they pick up bad techniques which at first seem ok, but eventual effect other songs and cause you to get lazy and the hand will weaken, including the pinki. I think, if you make sure you learn every bar properly and learn the techniques a bit finer, you could give some amazing preformances.

Sorry if that seems harsh, you&#39;re better than a lot of guitar-players I know so don&#39;t think I was telling you that you were "awful", as i wasn&#39;t just giving you some tips. Guitar lessons - for anyone new or old - always help.

Afronaut
09-23-2003, 01:35 PM
Sorry dude, maybe i wasnt too supportive there, didnt mean to "shoot you down",
Let me try to be more into detail this time:

I was in a band, we fell out over musical tastes, they wanted to play chart stuff...........and I did&#39;nt

I doubt you&#39;ll ever find ppl who have the exact same preferences or musical taste than you, playing in a band is a bit teamwork, bending over etc. :P
Im currently playing in a band with about 60ppl, we&#39;re doing an Elvis-show, kinda like Big-Band stuff, that means i gotta be able to play from the charts and stand on the brakes most of the time. With that many ppl, it has to be coordinated, horns playing in harmony etc, thats where the sheets are very usefull. Plus i the songs are composed differently than recorded versions, which means its not quite the same versions im use to. For example, most of the songs goes in Ab , Eb , Hb etc. because of the way horns are, its easier to play for them in Ab than in A, but for me, its wicked to play in those whacko keys, cant use open strings that much.
I know i could tune my Gretsch half a step down but we git songs that goes in C and G too, and i thought that i better get use to play in all the keys...
Im not educated for reading sheets but im learning more about it. It is a good thing to be able to read notes but not necessary... Example, in practising session with a lot of ppl, we jump a lot of back and forth in a song, starting in bar nr. 34 or 47 etc, its really fast to see where we start to play if needed,
"Standing on the brakes": Im use to playing in bands with 3 to 5 guys, playing with 3 guys is the easiest, one can goof around a lot, but take another guitarist in the band and guitarists gotta start planning what to play, where and how, unless, you&#39;re in a punk-band, he he... j/k
But in this Elvis-project, i cant play as much and as loud as i might want sometimes. Gotta think of the Big Picture, the overall sound. Whats the point of having nice horn-section if some Guitar-Slinger is gonna run over the with 120db?
so, im standing in the brakes and waiting for the solos... he he.

There is also the minor fact that I can&#39;t play in public

Thats a sort of thing that one can learn to overcome.
I&#39;ve had few freaky moments myself too...

As for lessons,&nbsp; Why do you think I never had any

Didnt say that you havent had any lessons, just thought it could be cool.
I&#39;ve found out that the more one learns, the more there is to learn. ;)
Its sort of a never-ending things... One cannot know all the is to know.

No one round here does it and I&#39;m not travelling 30 miles and paying £10 for half an hour and some guy to tell me something I already know.

I thought you live in a town? Well, just shows how much i know. :D
Im currently giving guitar lessons for youngsters in this town, and im not teaching what they know allready, its been more like "What you want to learn and What you need to learn" kinda thing. One fellah wanted to learn to play Jazz, my advice was to learn to walk and then learn to run. Getting the basics together first etc. Plus there&#39;s a lot of talking about guitars, recording, sounds etc.
Its not school where one is more or less forced to learn stuff, its Private Lessons, more face to face thing, where Students needs are extremely important. (In a heterosexual way, one might add... :P )
Oh yeah, im sending you a bill of this lecture, muhahahahaaaaa.... :ph34r: :lol:
10 bucks of 1hour is the sort of minimum standard pricing around here (150 Norwegian Crones to be axact.) I could easily ask more, but i wont, money is tight in these days, for anyone. (exept mr Gates and the likes perhaps)

And before you get high up about yourself, let me shoot you down, :P
I&#39;ve seen younger players playing better that you (or me), probably never had school/lessons also. There&#39;s always somebody who is "better" than the other one. ( Depends who you ask :P )But if you have a jam session with other players, you&#39;re likely to walk out of it with new riffs, licks or whatnot stuff, something new.
In fact, there is no Best Players, just different... ;)

Cheers, and keep up the playing:

-GS-

j4y3m
09-23-2003, 02:01 PM
:blink:

monkfi5h
09-23-2003, 02:05 PM
*Watches Sweet child o&#39; mine*

:o

Thats the coolest thing I have ever seen

Better than I could ever do it Jonno

Rock on&#33;

edit: Nice Dancing man

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 02:50 PM
Ok guys

@EZ.....I thought a guitarist would notice my cheating :rolleyes:

@GS........I did.nt meant "Why??.......Do you think I ain&#39;t had lessons" I meant Why do you think I ain&#39;t had lessons, meaning I hav&#39;nt ever :(

Ok, here&#39;s how it is, probably only you two will understand what I mean here.
I started playing 4/5 years ago, 1st thing I wanted to do was play Layla :rolleyes:
But I learnt the chords instead cos you got to start at the bottom right? :)
Once I felt comfortable I wanted to play lead, I don&#39;t enjoy all rythm, that&#39;s why I don&#39;t like new stuff, not enough lead :(
I will be honest, I have no idea about 8ths 16ths scales etc, I know the pentatonic scale as you can see from my little bits on the end, just go up and down it and add some bends , hammers etc. It&#39;s not flashy I know.
I cannot pick a song out by ear, I&#39;m tone deaf as Nikki will tell you from my singing :lol: I would love to learn more but I just want to play when I get the chance, so learning the boring stuff never happens (bad of me I know)
To be absolutly honest, I never said and never thought I was that good, I see others playing in music shops and think "Jesus, I wish I could play like that"
I asked for honesty and you have given me that, Thankyou.
May I ask out of curiosity how long you 2 have been playing?? :)

I truely feel alive when playing but I can&#39;t play that well I know, but it&#39;s all about enjoying it yes, I will learn more as I go and want to know all the in&#39;s and out&#39;s, but learning them is not easy on your own and there is no one within 25 miles that can help, all the players I know tell me I play better than them anyway, so that&#39;s no help to me at all :(

I will say more about this later when I have more time to study your comments :)

@Monk..........cheers dude, very nice of you to say, and I will answer your pm when I get back ok :)

Thanks guys, it&#39;s nice to have some honesty as aposed to "Oh wow you&#39;re wonderful"

No offence to those that do tho ;) :D

Jonno B)

ezyryder
09-23-2003, 03:18 PM
Sorry, Jonno if I sounded mean. You are good and far better than some will ever be, you have progressed well from magazines. Im guessing you used Total Guitar? Great for learning and getting good songs.

I wouldn&#39;t say you were tone deaf myself and if you were, that can be changed. The saying "you&#39;ve got it or you don&#39;t" is bull, if you listen to the notes of guitar enough and experiment for hours with what does what, eventually you begin to feel the notes and the music will work for you.

You say you feel alive when playing, that there is a sign your not tone deaf, means you feel the music and it does work what you played. I remember once I saw someone play and done the whole open mouthed, closed eyed playing (they were playing voodoo child [slight return]) they were a whole second out of time more than less and thumbled every second note and couldn&#39;t cover for mistakes. They were putting on an act obviously. But By what i heard of you (havn&#39;t heard much granted) you can recover and keep time to an extent (to get a song just right, it usualy takes a stricter study of the notation, or tab). Be careful, as watching the video you do get "lifted" away sometimes and forget to listen (can&#39;t be helped, its a sin of every single guitar player from hendrix to slash... your ability at this just improves with practice).

I know what you mean about rythem-guitar, I myself don&#39;t care for it either, but it&#39;s just as important I feel. You should learn the chord progression of the song before any solo, it gives you the perfect feel for the song.

I suggest getting www.guitar-pro.com (http://www.guitar-pro.com) from kazza of course, and then using www.mysongbook.com (http://www.mysongbook.com) to get the tabs. Playing with this program and listening to the bar at a time (its a midi system) will teach you some of the theory and give you a easier experience at learning about the notes and how it should sound. Another good thing with it is the ability to mute instruments and play along.

So once you get this program, get some books too and learn your scales, learn your theory and make sure it sticks. In a few months after learning how scales fit together and stricter time-keeping, you will be shocked at your preformance difference.

The music shop scenario, I hate that. Don&#39;t let that put you down as first, most often they only know one song that well, their other preformances are terrible. Othertimes, they are those freaks who pick up everything instantly and make us people feel worthless.

Keep up the good work, and trim these left hand nails as far as you can and always make sure there is no dirt beside the fret wire, as you get nice tone from your hands it&#39;s a shame for anything to wreck it.

So basically, what i meant was if you get that program, books and learn the stuff and be strict about each song instead of looking at the tab few times then do "predictive playing" you will take a large large learning curve and then things will be a whole load easier.

edit: sorry if this makes no sense, i typed it fast.

Jackstermj
09-23-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@23 September 2003 - 14:50

I truely feel alive when playing but I can&#39;t play that well I know, but it&#39;s all about enjoying it yes, I will learn more as I go and want to know all the in&#39;s and out&#39;s, but learning them is not easy on your own and there is no one within 25 miles that can help, all the players I know tell me I play better than them anyway, so that&#39;s no help to me at all :(

I will say more about this later when I have more time to study your comments :)

Thanks guys, it&#39;s nice to have some honesty as aposed to "Oh wow you&#39;re wonderful"

No offence to those that do tho ;)&nbsp; :D

Jonno B)
:o :blink: @ what you said there&#33;&#33;

I&#39;ve seen every video on that page of Jonno playing guitar and I think he&#39;s great. I know sod all about guitar&#39;s really, but I&#39;m learning. I love hearing guitars, love watching people play them and just love guitars with a passion....and after seeing Jonno play on many videos....I will never fail to be impressed...sorry but that&#39;s just my opinion&#33;&#33; :)

Good to see other opinions though and advice&#33;&#33;

monkfi5h
09-23-2003, 06:59 PM
Since I saw Jonno doing Sweet child of mine I devoted to learning as much of it as I could today, i&#39;ve been practising it for about 5 hours now and can only do the first two bars...and not very smoothly

Ho Hum >_<

DanB
09-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Never mind. Perseverance is the key&#33;&#33; :lol:

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 08:08 PM
Ok I will be honest here, I actually took what EZ and GS said pretty hard and needed some time to get my head round it.
After reading it and watching my vids and knowing what I know I realise what both of you are saying.
My trouble has always been I wanna learn it now, which is why so much is made up from tapping and rapid pick hammers/pulloffs, purley.
The part in sweet child where I do that is because I had a lot of trouble playing that part, even though it&#39;s slower it&#39;s quite complicated, therefore I done something that is twice as fast and totally made up but sounds less real.

I really do thank you guys for your advice and will follow it :)

btw, no excuses but I really can play better than that, all of those vids I was very pissed , I had to be to play for the cam.
That is not an excuse, that is fact :)

@Jacks, you really are an angel but you so biased :P ;)
This girl will be overtaking me soon guys :D

@Monk..........Sweet Child was the first song I learnt end to end, I started learning it 5 months after starting to learn and it took me 18 months to get to what you have seen :blink:
With that said, that is partly the reason I never learnt the other licks and fills properly, I play it how I know it, but that will soon change ;) :D

Thankyou all for your imput, I hope the vids raised a smile if nothing else :)

Jonno B)

Jackstermj
09-23-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@23 September 2003 - 20:08

@Jacks, you really are an angel but you so biased :P ;)
This girl will be overtaking me soon guys :D

Being Biased wasn&#39;t the reason for my opinion, it&#39;s a separate opinion :blink: :(

and..No..i wouldn&#39;t be able to take over anyone in guitar playing

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 08:36 PM
;) You know what I mean ;) :)

Here speaks a lady with the voice of an angel and the passion to do what she wants :)

Even more than me :)

Jonno B)

namzuf9
09-23-2003, 08:45 PM
I&#39;ve watched Sweet child and welcome to the jungle and I&#39;ve gotta say you&#39;re good. Unfortunately I&#39;m not a very musically gifted kinda guy so I cant offer any advice apart from keep playing&#33;&#33; I think I can see a bit of your own style developing in the tracks and you should remember that a great player will make each chord, riff and lick his own so don&#39;t get to disheartened if you don&#39;t sound like slash&#33;&#33;
Anyways, thats enough of my amateur, quite probaly bullshit advice....
You&#39;ve inspired me to go buy my bass back of my mate and give Maxwells Murder one more try B)

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 08:53 PM
Don&#39;t like Slash???????????? :o :o :o

He is my god :D

No , your opinion as well as everyone elses means alot to me :)
Thankyou for your opinion, and I&#39;m glad you liked them :)

I done them to make people smile and to show people that I can play guitar, I never said anywhere ever that I was good, but I posted this so you all could make up your own minds :)

Thanks again :)

Jonno B)

Jackstermj
09-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@23 September 2003 - 20:36
;) You know what I mean ;) :)

Here speaks a lady with the voice of an angel and the passion to do what she wants :)

Even more than me :)

Jonno B)
That&#39;s Not True&#33;&#33; :mellow: :unsure:

@ Namzu...I&#39;m pleased someone said that about a great player making each chord, riff etc his own.

/me goes back to hiding instead :ph34r: :blink:

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Jackstermj@23 September 2003 - 20:54

That&#39;s Not True&#33;&#33; :mellow: :unsure:

I&#39;m sorry Jacks, you know I luv ya but it&#39;s true :)

Guys, this girl has an amazing vioce and more passion than me and Jimi H put together and one day she will be famouse, she&#39;s just starting out with a little help from me and I think she will supass me once she has got the bug :)

Jonno B)

Jackstermj
09-23-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@23 September 2003 - 21:01

I&#39;m sorry Jacks, you know I luv ya but it&#39;s true :)

Guys, this girl has an amazing vioce and more passion than me and Jimi H put together and one day she will be famouse, she&#39;s just starting out with a little help from me and I think she will supass me once she has got the bug :)

Jonno B)
Aherm @ famous..I don&#39;t want to be famous :blink: but..
Thankyou for your kind words..even though they&#39;ve made go all embarassed. :rolleyes: :unsure: I do have a drive for something if I really want to do it, no matter how long it takes me.

Jonno was talking earlier in the thread about how hard it can be, due to the lack of people close by that can help and encourage you to learn. That happened to me a couple of years ago. I was determined to learn, but for the lack of inspiration and encouragement around it fell by the way side. Since knowing Jonno, it&#39;s all come back again and with the inspiration and great encouragement I get from him, I won&#39;t ever put it down again...

Cheers Jonno :)

Got me own back on embarassment terms :P ;) But it&#39;s true.

JONNO_CELEBS
09-23-2003, 11:38 PM
Awwww, Jacks :">

I will encourage anyone to learn guitar, I had to learn on my own and it was hard work to get where I am now (I will never be there but I&#39;m happy) and I get a wonderful feeling that someone else is expeirencing the amazing feeling of those first chords and the feeling of creation from the heart :)

I don&#39;t believe you can pick up an instrument and just play it or learn it, there has to be passion.......there has to be fire in your heart..............you have to want it :)

And I believe I have it, and Jacks has it too, I also believe that those who keep trying, past the pain of the fingers and cramp and frustration.......if you get past it then you have got it, no matter how good you become, you have the passion to be everything you always wanted to be :)

And what ever anyone says, THAT is the bottom line.............

Play for you..........play for the passion from your heart :)

Man that sounds soppy :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

Jackstermj
09-23-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@23 September 2003 - 23:38
Awwww, Jacks :">

I will encourage anyone to learn guitar, I had to learn on my own and it was hard work to get where I am now (I will never be there but I&#39;m happy) and I get a wonderful feeling that someone else is expeirencing the amazing feeling of those first chords and the feeling of creation from the heart :)

I don&#39;t believe you can pick up an instrument and just play it or learn it, there has to be passion.......there has to be fire in your heart..............you have to want it :)

And I believe I have it, and Jacks has it too, I also believe that those who keep trying, past the pain of the fingers and cramp and frustration.......if you get past it then you have got it, no matter how good you become, you have the passion to be everything you always wanted to be :)

And what ever anyone says, THAT is the bottom line.............

Play for you..........play for the passion from your heart :)

Man that sounds soppy :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)
It can&#39;t be said any better than that, makes it complete :)

Well said Jonno... ;)

Passion is the key&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

PS..I know one thing for sure..I&#39;m pleased my fingertips ain&#39;t screaming at me anymore..;)

JONNO_CELEBS
09-24-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Jackstermj@23 September 2003 - 23:57

PS..I know one thing for sure..I&#39;m pleased my fingertips ain&#39;t screaming at me anymore..;)
God bless Nurse MacKredies Surgical Brew :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

Afronaut
09-24-2003, 08:49 AM
Awww... :)

This thread is full of Passion. he he...

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/style_images/1/icon12.gif-- Teh Luv Teh Luv --http://www.klboard.ath.cx/style_images/1/icon12.gif

Anyways, been playing guitar since 1980, took about a 20 hours piano-lessons before the guitar but that was a kinda rip off... i thought piano was for Ladies and
guitar was the kick-ass stuff. ;) ... I was young and stoopid, now im not so young anymore but... :P :lol:

Here&#39;s a thread (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=22030&hl=home%20made&st=40) about my music.

Cheers:
-GS-

JONNO_CELEBS
09-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Yeah I was a bit drunk and Jacks will tell ya, I often talk crap when I&#39;m drunk :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had a look at that thread dude, interesting stuff, I might try some of those changes meself, and I think I&#39;ll start fiddling a bit more :)

Jonno B)

Afronaut
09-24-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@24 September 2003 - 10:46
Yeah I was a bit drunk and Jacks will tell ya, I often talk crap when I&#39;m drunk :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had a look at that thread dude, interesting stuff, I might try some of those changes meself, and I think I&#39;ll start fiddling a bit more :)

Jonno B)
I highly recommend for you to get yourself a lil homestudio happenin.
All you need is a mic. (Shure-57) and some software.
Making own songs is really cool, and you&#39;ll learn so much just by listening yourself to play.

Software: (Available in our market, Kazaa..)

Cubase SX 1.06 , alltho i heard version 2 is just around the corner. There is other apps too, but Cubase is high-end stuff and pretty standard.

Waves 3.5 -> effects, reverbs, delays, etc.

If you get interested and need help/tips with this matter, PM me :)

One can DL midifiles from the net, import it to Cubase, and fiddle around, i find thats a lot of fun. Imagine, you could recreate the guitar-parts on your favorite songs, what a challence&#33; Depending on the song, naturally...

Cheers:
-GS-

JONNO_CELEBS
09-24-2003, 10:31 AM
Cool, gonna pm you now :D

I think cos this is on page 4 I might as well post the link again to save people going back to page one :D

JONNO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; HERE&#33;&#33;&#33; (http://www.cooljonno.co.uk/page1.html)

btw, which one(s) did you listen to?? :)

Jonno B)

RGX
09-24-2003, 10:32 AM
Very nice jonno, although I think you could get a little lower on that strap, for the slash style....j/k mate, some nice legato, and you got onto the feel of the music, what i would reccomend is a few songs where its just you playing over a backing track rather than over the original CD, so we can really hear your tone, as Slash (being Slash) tends to play a hell of a lot louder than the rest

v.nice though, I liked the glass slide section of welcome to the jungle as well, doing good my friend

JONNO_CELEBS
09-24-2003, 10:46 AM
Yeah I have the backing tracks for some, as I did with sweet Child, it&#39;s only me and a backing with no vocals or lead :)
And Apache is just me and a backing.
The rest are done over the cd tho :( I have got the backing for all of them but I could&#39;nt find my cd&#39;s, had a tidy up and put them somewhere safe :rolleyes:

As for me strap...........they both slung as low as they will go :D I&#39;m 6&#39;3" :blink: and I could&#39;nt bend any further on sweet child without falling over :lol: :lol: :lol:

The glass :rolleyes: .......Yeah well I could&#39;nt find me bottle neck either :rolleyes: :lol:

Cheers m8 :)

Jonno B)

Afronaut
09-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Oh yeah, got them all :)

You need a Wig, and tighter Leather OverAlls... ha ha :lol:
Piercings, a Hammer or two hanging from ears etc...
Snakes, lotsa snakes, you gotta have snakes man, it aint r&#39;n&#39;r if it doesnt have snakes, and explotions, big ones, Hot Chicks, fire, Helmet or some sorta mask...

hehe, if you can pull those out, send them files to Axel Rose, i heard Slash aint into
Guns and Roses anymore. (i could be mistaken)

Cheers:
-GS-

Playing is cool tho. :)

JONNO_CELEBS
09-24-2003, 03:48 PM
You scary :ph34r: I got a snake but I keep him under the leathers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, Axel is the only member of Guns left, he sacked everyone, he tried to sack himself but was too stubborn to go :lol: :lol:
Their new guitarist is Buket Head :rolleyes:

Jonno B)

ezyryder
09-24-2003, 06:32 PM
I just listend to Apache, and I must say that it was great&#33; You&#39;ve definatley mastered the song, with so much emotion into it. Before I had only listend to Sweet Child of Mine and Welcome to the Jungle, i&#39;ve heard most now, and its really good stuff... despite what it sounded as if I was saying. I think you should get more backing tracks to play along with them. Make your own perhaps? (if you can be bothered playing both guitar parts). The preformances with backing tracks are really good so search on the internet, im sure you can find a back-catalogue of total guitar backing tracks?

You should look into making some Mp3&#39;s Jonno, because the videos seem to jump a bit (probably my pc&#39;s problem. It&#39;s the lada of the pc age). Then try creating your own songs. Give it a try. Guitar-Slinger, cough, Steve Vai II, is the man to ask about such (like recording, tools... but I think he already filled you in)

To any guitarists into weird tunes, try bellow:

I recommend tuning: 1) D-G-D-G-B-D and 2) D-A-D-F#/Gb-A-D

Experiment arroud with these, playing mainly open notes with base notes (using your hands to pick). It gets a really nice 30&#39;s bluesy feel, and from there you can experiment to get strange - but really nice - sounding music, which is very doorsesque (as in jim morrisons band, like the song "the end")

with tuning (1)

Try five string slide to fret twelve, add a bit of vibrato and pluck (with fingers) the string a few times. then play the thicker strings open, slide to top string (thinest) fret five and play that with random open strings then do the same on fret 3 and then maybe add a bit of

||----------------------------------------------------------------||
||----------------------------------------------------------------||
||----------0--0--0--0--0--0--0--0----0-----------------------||
||-----5----3--------2--------1---------0----------0------------||
||--0-----------------------------------------2/4----------------||
||----------3--------3--------1---------0----------------0~-----||

It sounds very Robert Johnsonesque, probably is a part of his song . That was a blues example of what you can do, but experiment with these tunings and some nice songs will be discovered. Never be afraid to tune your gutiar to wacky tunings.