PDA

View Full Version : chicken deforstage?

Mr. Mulder
04-26-2009, 08:58 AM
rite, if i take chicken out of the freezer now (10am) will it be defrosted for about 6pm? And also, how do you defrost it lyke? just take it out the freezer and put it to one side or put it in the fridge or something else? :eyebrows:

it's breasts.

(breasts, lol :blushing: )

Mr. Mulder
04-26-2009, 08:59 AM
made us steak, jacket potato and veg last night it.fucking.rawked but the steak was bought chilled so there was none of this confusion :unsure:

chalice
04-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Put it on a plate, cover it and stick it in the fridge.

Best to leave it for about 12 hours, though.

Depends on what size it is, like. Like so many other things in life.

Mr. Mulder
04-26-2009, 09:23 AM
12 hours!? what if i leave it to defrost out of the fridge? :eyebrows:

...i wanna eat it tonight :emo:

chalice
04-26-2009, 09:25 AM
You can, but put it somewheres cool.

Just read that it's breasts (breasts, lol). Might now take that long after all.

It would take longer if it was on the bone (bone, lol). Might be alright for about 6 this evening.

Mr. Mulder
04-26-2009, 09:30 AM
how do ewe know when its defrosted lyke? and the microwave seems to have a button with defrost written on it? :unsure:

chalice
04-26-2009, 09:31 AM
You'll know it's defrosted if you can't break a window with it.

You can defrost it in the micro but I wouldn't know about that cos I don't trust the cunts.

Mr. Mulder
04-26-2009, 09:40 AM
its skinless boneless breast fillets, is that kewl? :unsure:

i've put them on a plate on the counter and covered them with a towel, is that good? :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
04-26-2009, 09:41 AM
and what if it gets to lyke 6 o'clock and they almost ok but only just a little bit frozen? if i just george forman the fuck out of it would that be ok by the rules? :unsure:

chalice
04-26-2009, 09:48 AM
They should be fine.

Pick them up and give them a grope. Hard is bad. Soft is good.

DO NOT attempt to Foreman them if they're even a wee bit hard in the middle.

Mr. Mulder
04-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Hard is bad. Soft is good.

that goes against everything i stand for :no:

what if rite, they're a bit hard in the middle and i just use that microwave button to make them all the way soft and then george formang them? :unsure:

chalice
04-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Phone your mum ffs.

Mr. Mulder
04-26-2009, 09:56 AM
racist.

Mr. Mulder
04-26-2009, 12:36 PM
chicken update: just got back from town and the chicken seems to be doing quite well, its slimy to touch and i closed all the windows and put the heating on and that seems to be helping :smilie4:

Mr JP Fugley
04-26-2009, 12:52 PM
If they feel soft they are fine, even if cold.

If you fondle the breasts and they feel as if there are ice crystals inside there are probably ice crystals inside. Don't cook them, defrost in the microwave. A minute at a thyme until they feel right.

You will know.

Breasts (titter)

Titter (glag)

Glag (guffaw)

Biggles
04-26-2009, 12:52 PM
See that towel Mulder - put it in the wash basket after you are finished defrosting the chicken (unless you want salmonella with your next meal). I would be surprised if the breasts (lol) were still remotely frozen by 6pm. If it was a whole chicken it would have needed to come out last night (gay chickens FTW).

Proper Bo
04-26-2009, 01:14 PM
ffs, chicken, microwave, switch microwave on. done, yes?

peat moss
04-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Leave in the fridge then last half hour run under cold water to finish defrosting ( leave in package ) . You''ll end up with Chicken Al La Shits if you leave on the counter all day .

Mr. Mulder
04-26-2009, 03:28 PM
fuck! really!??? its been on the counter since 10 this morning, why's that bad? :unsure:

chalice
04-26-2009, 03:37 PM
fuck! really!??? its been on the counter since 10 this morning, why's that bad? :unsure:

Cos the higher the temperature, the more germs will proliferate, like. True story.

Biggles
04-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Wash it well and cook it thoroughly and it will be fine though. But wash your hands after you put it on to cook and put that feckin towel in the wash!!!

Mr JP Fugley
04-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Ignore them mulder.

Flash fry the fecker but remember to leave it a wee bit pink in the middle for texture. Just wipe your hands on the same towel, no point in making another towel wet ffs.

Any you don't eat freeze it again for later.

Proper Bo
04-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Ignore them mulder.

Flash fry the fecker but remember to leave it a wee bit pink in the middle for texture. Just wipe your hands on the same towel, no point in making another towel wet ffs.

Any you don't eat freeze it again for later.

I can't see anything wrong with that whatsoever, I say you should go with what jp says, mouldy.

Mr. Mulder
04-26-2009, 04:34 PM
...well ......if the interwebs say i should then.... :unsure:

Skweeky
04-26-2009, 04:48 PM
FFS. How did you make it to 22 without defrosting a chicken breast?

If you left it on the counter, do NOT eat it ffs. Or your arse will be looking like the Japanese flag for the next 48 hours.
Never defrost chicken by leaving it out on the counter, it is too high a risk for salmonella infection. If you don't want to defrost it in the microwave, then leave it in the fridge overnight.
Defrosting by microwave is absolutely fine, but do it as JP says. If going from fully frozen, wack it on defrost for 3 minutes, then do it 1 minute at a time. Otherwise you might end up with a very dry bit of meat indeed. If your chicken is not packed in a seperate pouch, put a tablespoon of water in the dish with it before putting it in the microwave.

Mr. Mulder
04-26-2009, 04:50 PM
oh shit. the chicken has been on the counter since this morning, do i have to throw it out now ffs?

Proper Bo
04-26-2009, 04:51 PM
just fucking cook it

Skweeky
04-26-2009, 04:56 PM
oh shit. the chicken has been on the counter since this morning, do i have to throw it out now ffs?

Mate. If you had left it out, and covered it up so no air could get to it and you wacked it in the grill or whatever as soon as it had been defrosted, you probably would get away with it. That thing has been out there for 10 hours, and I assure you, it will have been defrosted hours ago.

It's your stomach and I guess a wee game of diarrhoea roulette is always good fun.

Mr JP Fugley
04-26-2009, 05:02 PM

Mate. If you had left it out, and covered it up so no air could get to it and you wacked it in the grill or whatever as soon as it had been defrosted, you probably would get away with it. That thing has been out there for 10 hours, and I assure you, it will have been defrosted hours ago.

It's your stomach and I guess a wee game of diarrhoea roulette is always good fun.

Cook it, eat it, see what happens.

You know it makes sence.

Skweeky
04-26-2009, 05:04 PM
If you do eat it, let us know, so we can get a wee sweepstake going.

Mr JP Fugley
04-26-2009, 05:05 PM
:lol:

I never buy frozen poultry, even if I did Mrs JP would bin it instantly. It's just not worth it.

Biggles
04-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Personally I would just wash it really well and then cook it thoroughly - attractive though the pink option is.

Depends how susceptible you are to the skits though. If you can eat a Doner with no ill effect I think this would prolly be OK.

You could wash it in dosmestos to be really really sure but it might flavour the meat a little - extra garlic if you go down this route.

What are you cooking btw?

Skweeky
04-26-2009, 05:13 PM
:no:

Don't do it mouldy.

Mr JP Fugley
04-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Personally I would just wash it really well and then cook it thoroughly - attractive though the pink option is.

Depends how susceptible you are to the skits though. If you can eat a Doner with no ill effect I think this would prolly be OK.

You could wash it in dosmestos to be really really sure but it might flavour the meat a little - extra garlic if you go down this route.

What are you cooking btw?

Chicken I thought. :blink:

He doesn't do cooking mate, grilled or fried as is.

Mr JP Fugley
04-26-2009, 05:16 PM
:no ::yup:

Don't do it mouldy.

I agree with the mad lassie

enoughfakefiles
04-26-2009, 05:34 PM
http://cherie.net/photos/that-wasnt-chicken.jpg

Unless it's moving on it's own, you'll be fine :j2smilie:

tesco
04-26-2009, 06:30 PM
But shouldn't you start the sweepstakes before he eats it and posts the results?:unsure:

Mr JP Fugley
04-26-2009, 06:33 PM
But shouldn't you start the sweepstakes before he eats it and posts the results?:unsure:

Oh right, you muck about with centuries of tradition.

Homophobe.

tesco
04-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Stop using such big words.
Just say what you really mean. :cry:

Mr JP Fugley
04-26-2009, 06:40 PM

OK, decades of tradition.

chalice
04-26-2009, 06:42 PM

Fuck sake, what did I do now?

Skweeky
04-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Tesco, the sweepstake would be about how long it would be before he dies. It would be more difficult to do that if he didn't eat the chicken.

tesco
04-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Tesco, the sweepstake would be about how long it would be before he dies. It would be more difficult to do that if he didn't eat the chicken.
:blink: I thought it was going to give him the shits, who mentioned death?

Mr JP Fugley
04-26-2009, 06:51 PM

Fuck sake, what did I do now?

Think of it as an Easter Egg, mate.

I'm quite sure you know what I mean.

Other folk are probably all like ... wtf. What's chavis on about.

Skweeky
04-26-2009, 06:54 PM

Salmonella can kill :snooty:

The little ones are more susceptible as well.

Mr JP Fugley
04-26-2009, 07:09 PM

Wee Bo's wobble but they don't fall down.

chalice
04-26-2009, 07:12 PM

Wee Bo's wobble but they don't fall down.

Fucking genius.

http://melodyross.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/weeble3_1.jpg

Barbarossa
04-27-2009, 10:17 AM
FFS. How did you make it to 22 without defrosting a chicken breast?

I've never defrosted a chicken in my life, and I'm much older than 22 :unsure:

Skweeky
04-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah, but look at the fucking state of you.

Barbarossa
04-27-2009, 11:45 AM
*looks*

:eyebrows:

Skweeky
04-27-2009, 11:46 AM
It's never too late Barbie. You can still go and defrost that chicken

Barbarossa
04-27-2009, 12:12 PM
You need to ask yourself, does the chicken even want to be defrosted. And if so, are you the person to do it. Hmmm?

Skweeky
04-27-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm just wondering what state mouldy is in at the moment.

brotherdoobie
04-27-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm just wondering what state mouldy is in at the moment.

Hopefully...he's in a state of rehydration.

-bd :mellow:

Mr. Mulder
04-27-2009, 05:41 PM
the misses told me to throw it out so i did, i fail to see how you can all give different advice and all be alive at the same time ...i smell shenanigans :eyebrows:

bought some fresh chicken instead and made a korma :smilie4:

Mr JP Fugley
04-27-2009, 06:31 PM
the misses told me to throw it out so i did, i fail to see how you can all give different advice and all be alive at the same time ...i smell shenanigans :eyebrows:

bought some fresh chicken instead and made a korma :smilie4:

:yup:

Don't buy frozen poultry. Just don't do it.

If you can get free range, corn fed that's the boy to go for.

Biggles
04-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Morrisons do nice free range chicken breasts. They taste like, well, chicken really. A rare thing these days.

Snee
04-27-2009, 07:03 PM
I had chicken wot had been defrosted yesterday, and I did not die.

True story.

Also: chickin safty advies. (http://www.foodreference.com/html/artchickensafety.html)

Biggles
04-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Given some of the shite Mulder has eaten I doubt very much if it would have troubled him. However if he was entertaining a laydeee I think he was perhaps wise to err on the side of caution.

Mr JP Fugley
04-27-2009, 07:19 PM
I had chicken wot had been defrosted yesterday, and I did not die.

True story.

Also: chickin safty advies. (http://www.foodreference.com/html/artchickensafety.html)

SAFE DEFROSTING
FSIS recommends three ways to defrost chicken: in the refrigerator, in cold water and in the microwave. Never defrost chicken on the counter or in other locations. It's best to plan ahead for slow, safe thawing in the refrigerator. Boneless chicken breasts will usually defrost overnight. Bone-in parts and whole chickens may take 1 to 2 days or longer. Once the raw chicken defrosts, it can be kept in the refrigerator an additional day or two before cooking. During this time, if chicken defrosted in the refrigerator is not used, it can safely be refrozen without cooking first.

They don't say anything about towels though.

Snee
04-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Exactly.

I think we've established that the nay-sayers just say nay, by now :yes:

Mr JP Fugley
04-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah, it's all very good and easy to be a nay sayer. Anyone can nay, it's much more difficult to yay.