PDA

View Full Version : Board Attacker

DarkBlizzard
09-23-2003, 04:09 AM
Is there anything at all that the board members ( like ME!!) can do to help you guys track down the people who attack the board and make it overload and all that? Anything we can do besides nothing? If this problem has been fixed then sorry for bothering you guys, i havent been on much in the past month.

TheMusicMan
09-23-2003, 04:45 AM
Don't worry too much about "attackers" - wehad them only once and it's pretty easy to re-route them to another route.

Once I notice it I re-route it and that's it :)

There are a few things that the admins have to change but I will tell them once they are online - nothing big just some config settings.

Hope that answers your question.

Edit: Btw yes there is something that you can do: Don't give them attention cause that's what they want hehe

wormless
09-23-2003, 05:00 AM
darker wen the board is down cant we get a temp one cus last time think last week i was bored wen this board was down

p.s. dnt make jokes bout bored and board ive done it b4 lol

[B][O][T]
09-23-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by wormless@23 September 2003 - 06:00
darker wen the board is down cant we get a temp one cus last time think last week i was bored wen this board was down

p.s. dnt make jokes bout bored and board ive done it b4 lol
We Global Moderators can activate the other phorum if this one goes down.

BOT

TheMusicMan
09-23-2003, 05:43 AM
*wonders why people think that it will be down* hehe

Well the last attack was a big one and it did result in a little slowness so I don't think this will happen.

I see only one way to bring it down and that should be fixed as soon as VB comes online ;)

asmithz
09-23-2003, 05:55 AM
Thats not good, a vunrability. :huh:

[B][O][T]
09-23-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Darker@23 September 2003 - 06:43
*wonders why people think that it will be down* hehe

I edited My post to if :D
Again great work Darker!!

BOT

Adster
09-23-2003, 08:38 AM
All I need is a name and address and gun and problem solved

Wizzandabe
09-23-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Darker@23 September 2003 - 04:45
Don't worry too much about "attackers" - wehad them only once and it's pretty easy to re-route them to another route.

Once I notice it I re-route it and that's it :)

There are a few things that the admins have to change but I will tell them once they are online - nothing big just some config settings.

Hope that answers your question.

Edit: Btw yes there is something that you can do: Don't give them attention cause that's what they want hehe
You can checge the stuff via the DB. :huh: