PDA

View Full Version : Monitor has flashing pixels

mbucari1
04-27-2009, 08:14 PM
I woke up this morning and noticed that my monitor had some flashing pixels. They don't seem to be consistent though. I first noticed them on my dexktop background which is a dark blue. They flashed white and then back very rapidly. I opened up mspaint, painted the canvas black and placed it in front of the flashing pixels and the flashing stopped. When I went to newegg.com, their flash banner was flashing in some spots, but when the banner changed it started flashing in completely different spots. Below is a screen capture I made of the newegg banner.

http://securechat.atbhost.net

I made sure that all of my cables were securely attached, I reinserted the vid card, checked the temperature (vid core is running at 43c), tried reducing the core clock and I plugged the monitor into the secondary output port. Nothing has worked.

So, any ideas?

EDIT* I hooked up another pc to the monitor and it doesn't flash, so it's not the monitor.

orphess
04-27-2009, 09:50 PM
What type of cable are you using? Is it a DVI- or VGA connection?

Detale
04-27-2009, 09:58 PM
My suggestion would be to check the connection between the monitor and the card for dust or even any corrosion. What monitor/Vid card? and as Orphess said DVI/VGA/HDMI connection is it?

mbucari1
04-27-2009, 11:43 PM
k, I checked the dvi cable and it didn't look corroded. I wire brushed it to a sparkle, and no more speckles! Thanks a heap Detale!

Detale
04-28-2009, 02:31 AM
Glad it worked man.