04-26-2009, 10:20 PM
dwdm can you please PM me..about something important..about an order

Thank You

dwdm
04-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Sorry, no PMs. Once I start this it will never stop :-/

Z3RO70
04-27-2009, 09:59 PM
well..we ordered a server almost 2 weeks ago and no word..about anything..no comformation no nothing..just wondering if you could check into it?

dwdm
04-27-2009, 10:35 PM
That's a hell a lot of information ... :/

Z3RO70
04-27-2009, 10:44 PM
well..i didnt want to give out the email and stuff...in public...thats why i asked for a pm..i mean geesh we paid like 160 euros to your company..would a pm be that much to ask for..we just would like to know whats goin on?

dwdm
04-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Order ID, Ticket ID or anything similar should do it, without revealing anything private here.
You ordered and paid something two weeks ago, and you don't have it? Sounds strange to me, because there is not one single pending order in our system that is older than 5 days. There are some unpaid orders in the system that are 12 days old.

so either you belong to the unpaid orders (wire transfer?) or something has gone wrong.

In real case of trouble, contact support (at) server.lu or even grab a phone. This is something I would not like to fix in PM.

Z3RO70
04-27-2009, 11:07 PM
we have put in a support ticket days ago..ill give ya the number..
... #2816 it has the info for order in there..put in friday...customer 2682

dwdm
04-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Huh? You've been a customer since end of December with a clean balance and a server assigned for more than 4 months... !?

Giggly
04-27-2009, 11:28 PM
dwdm - I am a customer since December, yes. I've tried ordering another server with no response. My friend has ordered AND paid for a server well over a week ago with no response. I put in the support ticket # that Z3R0 gave you.

Z3RO70
04-27-2009, 11:32 PM
ok..ill let you guy sort it..thanks for getting on Giggly and thanks dwdm for responding...

iam1337
04-28-2009, 12:19 AM
I have this server, just thought I'd say its been great so far. One hell of a box.

Z3RO70
04-28-2009, 12:20 AM
yeah its nice if ya can actually get one...:p

Giggly
04-28-2009, 12:23 AM
we are trying to get 2 ds7000... guess they have enough customers already lol

Z3RO70
04-28-2009, 12:25 AM
the problem is one is PAID for already...and still nothing

xantra
04-28-2009, 07:08 AM
I been waiting a few days myself for a server.... heard nothing from them regarding my tickets and emails to support.... not very good communication at all.

OmarH
04-28-2009, 02:19 PM
yeah me to paid 2 weeks ago opened a ticket about it but still no answer so far!

andra
04-28-2009, 03:30 PM
I just hate when people dont respons their custumers. I did ask a small question to their support about ordering 4 servers. After 2 days i did order from a diffrent provider.

Giggly
04-28-2009, 08:17 PM
I love my ds7000 server i have... just would like to get another one and my friend is trying to get one as well. I ended up going through ovh reseller instead. :/

Box is reliable as anything! (shared with 4 people):
[uptime] System: 75 days, 19:10, 0 user(s), load: 0.42, 0.68, 0.53

Six66Mike
04-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Longest I had to wait for a box so far was 6 days, most delivered within 1-2 though. Did you guys complete the order, including confirmation email & payment?
If you haven't received a reply, why not pick up the phone and have a quick chat?

OmarH
04-28-2009, 08:38 PM
cuz thats what they want and earn some more €'s...

Giggly
04-28-2009, 08:39 PM
When you go through the order process, it says to wait for an email with pmt instructions, which never comes. My friend went ahead and paid for his like 10 days ago. Still no word.
I put in a support ticket Friday night about his order and my own. No response at all. I think the only way I was able to get a box from them was to take it over from someone else. Wish I knew someone getting rid of one again lol.

xantra
04-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Well my box got delivered... so I'm no longer waiting, however my ticket remains open and no response to email... not that it matters anymore, but don't expect a quick response from them lol.

Giggly
04-28-2009, 08:59 PM
can i have yours? :p

OmarH
04-28-2009, 09:09 PM
anyway im getting a OVH SuperPlan Mini since its only a couple euros more than the DS2000 but with a better cpu and 2x500gb hdd's...

unknownman
04-28-2009, 09:26 PM
I've ordered a DS2000, sent 3 tickets and 2 emails before I got a reply to say they will set it up either tonight or 2moro morning. From the 2 emails and 3 tickets, only one response and it didn't answer my other questions, just told me ETA. I wish they would read the other tickets and reply.

darknforce
04-29-2009, 05:05 AM
My email was also not reply yet i think they got problems will mail servers or already had enough customer.

Only once reply buy support the rest was ignored.

Six66Mike
04-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Quit emailing them and they won't be bogged down by requests :) Only email if you have a legit issue, not "where's my server" emails that just flood the system. You'll end up getting the server before you get a reply probably. (Says the guy who just had a colleague submit a NEW ticket for something already being discussed in an ongoing ticket! lol dufus people are dufus')

dwdm
04-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Actually I don't understand your concerns...

NOBODY is waiting 2 weeks for a server, so stop claiming things like that. If you ordered something without getting a confirmation link and you felt like paying, then you did not follow the process and we have no real trace.

I just want people to put things right.

xirvflux
04-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Quit emailing them and they won't be bogged down by requests :) Only email if you have a legit issue, not "where's my server" emails that just flood the system. You'll end up getting the server before you get a reply probably. (Says the guy who just had a colleague submit a NEW ticket for something already being discussed in an ongoing ticket! lol dufus people are dufus')

Well, if they don't want to get tickets about servers they should give a tentative delivery date when they get the order.

From their FAQ:

# How fast can you deliver?

[...]
Sometimes it can happen that we receive more orders than we have spare hardware available. Unfortunately this is something we cannot control but we try hard to deliver on the same day that you have ordered.

Everybody can understand that delivery on the same day is not always possible. But from the wording, one'd think that if they don't deliver the same day they'll deliver the next day, not the next week or two weeks after.

Also, slow server delivery shouldn't mean slow (or plain nonexistent) ticket reply.

Except if you order a server for you and your pals, businesses depend on their suppliers. A delayed delivery of say, 5 servers, may mean 20 lost customers. So it's a big deal.

Now, don't take me wrong. Their servers are great. Not so sure about all the infraestructure because last week one my servers was rebooted due to a power loss, but all in all, server.lu pricing is good considering what they give. We have several seedboxes with them and they will remain one of our suppliers - however, right now, we can't rely on them. Whenever our seedboxes get full (and this happen often), we need to go to other suppliers to meet our demand.

We have a pending order with server.lu, and these servers will probably remain unused for a few days, since we are adding our new users to server.lu's competition.

Xirvik

dwdm
04-29-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm now going to tell something I should probably not tell, but:

Every second ticket is a "When will I get my server?". We are not going to respond to that any longer, because it takes a lot of time.

BUT...

We are currently implementing an ETA feature in the control panel, where you will see WHEN your server is expected to be released (with no real guarantee, but more sort of a guideline).

We are currently selling 10 times more servers per day thatn 6 months ago, so YES, it has become a real challenge to keep up, especially with our suppliers who are having a hard time with us :-)

@xirvik: power loss? I'm not aware of that.

unknownman
04-29-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm now going to tell something I should probably not tell, but:

Every second ticket is a "When will I get my server?". We are not going to respond to that any longer, because it takes a lot of time.

BUT...

We are currently implementing an ETA feature in the control panel, where you will see WHEN your server is expected to be released (with no real guarantee, but more sort of a guideline).

We are currently selling 10 times more servers per day thatn 6 months ago, so YES, it has become a real challenge to keep up, especially with our suppliers who are having a hard time with us :-)

I'm not sure how it takes so much time to respond saying :
1. A time
2. A Date
I reckon I can do that in about 5 seconds.
I'm pretty sure it took you more time to reply to this post than it would take you to reply to a where is my server ticket.

And yes, if you reply then it doesn't make the customers open new tickets since they think you did not get the last one...

If you are getting 10x more customers and its been 6 MONTHS surely that has been enough time to say get some extra staff? I can't imagine it taking longer than 6 months to hire a few extra people. And maybe look at getting some extra suppliers?

As for the "Servers are usually set up within a day", here is a response I got to a ticket I submitted:

28.04.2009 - 17.47

The ETA for your server is either today or tomorrow morning.
New hardware is currently being assembled.

28.04.2009 - 17.29

I have sent an email and have got no reply and have opened 2 tickets and still no reply. Please can you let me know what is going on and why it takes so long for a ticket/ email to be answered?

Funny thing is, its the next day, in the evening and still no server. :yup:

dwdm
04-29-2009, 03:46 PM
I don't think you are in a position to judge how we do our internals. And new staff is constantly recruited, but you don't find people matching a specific profile on every corner. Same counts for good suppliers.

Snarkyone
04-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Could be worse, Hosting-IE told me 6-8 days for my server a long time ago and it took over 30 days and withholding payment with a complaint through paypal before it was finally delivered. I played hell getting a intelligent response from them. I have heard nothing but good things about Server.lu so I would hope that this is just an aberration and not the standard operating procedure with these guys. I can understand your frustration though, when you pay that much for something you would like to be aware of what the delay is if any is happening and it only takes a few minutes to communicate to the customer whats going on. A little patience and communication could avoid any unpleasantness. On the down side, I was looking at getting one these, but if it has been a hassle lately maybe I can wait until things get smoothed out.

dwdm
04-29-2009, 03:51 PM
... it's not like we would not try to improve ourselves. Just give us a chance to act and a little bit less ETA flooding would be nice :)

unknownman
04-29-2009, 03:52 PM
I don't think you are in a position to judge how we do our internals. And new staff is constantly recruited, but you don't find people matching a specific profile on every corner. Same counts for good suppliers.
Read my post again, I am NOT judging your company. I merely posed suggestive questions. And there is no need for me to put down your company, since I thought you were good enough that I actually purchased from you. I am hoping you take your customers views into mind so that future customers can benefit from constructive criticism. If anything, I was helping you.

... it's not like we would not try to improve ourselves. Just give us a chance to act and a little bit less ETA flooding would be nice :)

Since you are online now, can you answer Ticket #2893 please?

Snarkyone
04-29-2009, 03:57 PM
I take it that now is not really a good time to order from Server.lu then? Is the backlog that bad? Not that it matters but I see that Unknown is from the UK or at least thats the flag he is flying, you can order a server pretty cheap from OVH why not just go there and get one in 24 hrs?

unknownman
04-29-2009, 04:00 PM
I take it that now is not really a good time to order from Server.lu then? Is the backlog that bad? Not that it matters but I see that Unknown is from the UK or at least thats the flag he is flying, you can order a server pretty cheap from OVH why not just go there and get one in 24 hrs?
Yes I am from the UK :D
OVH prices, when you add on the VAT, is more expensive. And I thought I'd try out server.lu since I had a seedbox from Xirvik from there and it was ok.

dwdm
04-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Currently we need about 24-48 hours to release a server that is not available, because the ratio staff vs. new orders is not good anymore. There is new staff joining us soon, so this will hopefully get better.

But please please please stop whining about delivery speed. If you really need your server yesterday when you order it today, then my personal advise is to look somewhere else. We don't need that pressure right now, because we are already aware of all this and we are doing a lot to get this straighten up.

I can understand you though. If I needed a DS I would also want it at once. But right now it's hard to do so... we have to deal with it and so do you. And if you can't, well... OVH is not far away.

Snarkyone
04-29-2009, 04:10 PM
24-48 hrs is perfectly acceptable. If that's all it takes then you should not see too many complaints from people. Sometimes delays happen and sadly there is nothing you can do about it other than communicate effectively so that there is no question of what is going on with the order from customers. I think it's when 48 hrs turns into a week with no word of explanation is when people will start to get hot under the collar and I don't think anyone could blame them at that point. Good luck in getting it sorted. From what I have heard once you get this server you will be pleased, so hopefully you will have it in the next couple of days.

dwdm
04-29-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't blame anyone - I would probably not act differently.
I am getting angry if one of our upstream's NOC is not answering fast enough. This may be something different though, because this is _really_ critical. Doesn't mean a server is not critical, but low cost is always combined with "less" priority than high end and server.lu is low cost.

So, to summarize: everybody should get their server before the long weekend arrives. This evening we are going to release some 50 servers that have been pending. Most of you people should be part of this load.

xirvflux
04-29-2009, 04:27 PM

Well, that's what the ticket response said :-)

Doesn't mean a server is not critical, but low cost is always combined with "less" priority than high end and server.lu is low cost.

Don't know about the other guys (each business has it own needs) but to me delivery speed is not critical; what it's critical is to have a delivery date. For example, if you said I need to order a week in advance, that'd be fine.

In fact if you order system allowed to enter a "requested date of delivery" it would be perfect. You would be able to schedule setups, and we would be able to schedule costs, queues, and so on.

I realize that most casual clients who order a server or two would always choose 'give me my server now!', but us, who order a server or two every week, can perfectly help you by not requesting a high priority, ordering well in advance, etc.

Xirvik

dwdm
04-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Interesting thought... I'll bring that along on the next technical meeting.

solaris
04-29-2009, 05:03 PM
any updates about internal gbit :whistling

dwdm
04-29-2009, 05:06 PM
No

solaris
04-29-2009, 05:11 PM
sad :sadwalk:

Six66Mike
04-29-2009, 07:47 PM

Well, if they don't want to get tickets about servers they should give a tentative delivery date when they get the order.

You get a rough delivery time on the invoice that comes with the order. An example is I bought a server on March 27. The server period on the invoice was April 1 - May 5. So the ETA would be April 1, and order was complete on April 2 so the ETA was pretty good.

I am curious though if hardware fault tickets still get treated with priority, we submitted one for a RAM problem on the 25th and hasn't been replied to yet.

I did submit a less urgent ticket yesterday though to further the pile regarding invoicing, that one can takes its place in the queue and no real rush, keen to get the hardware issue resolved though as it seems to be on atleast 3 servers.

Ooh also dwdm any news on the new discount/reseller plan? Still have a lot of clients looking for custom configured servers etc and I can't give them any information :( An ETA or estimated discount value would be enough to keep them & myself in the loop to work on prices & provide them some sense of timeline.

dwdm
04-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Generally hardware issues have the utmost priority. Sometimes these issues cannot be solved within minutes, which should be obvious. I see one issue with boot device priority and I know that someone was looking after it. He is offline right now, but I will contact him.

About discounts and so:

please do not advertise something that we do not offer. The resale thing is something that really isn't easy to implement, especially (and now you are going to bite me) for heavy users who use every Bit they can get, leaving us no real margin for profit. We are still waiting for our new switches to arrive. With these ones we can handle that problem better, because we get better port stats and figure out who is really consuming a lot and probably mix this into the resale algorithm.

Are the prices not good enough for seedboxers? :)

Six66Mike
04-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Our hardware issue is under-reported RAM, booting up seems to be ok but I can't create the final VPS on a server because the system thinks there's less RAM then there should be.

Prices are good for servers, I'm just trying to set some value on dedicated servers with custom setup for customers without losing money. With the retired discount I had it worked out pretty good but never got to use it :D

Thanks for the reply.

FransTormer
04-29-2009, 08:27 PM
LOL... What if I come to the data-centre personally in June to purchase a server; can it be arranged on the spot? :lol:

Nah, I do understand the things a host needs to go through to deliver a good allround service and keep an eye on the bad peeps but on the other hand; regular/speedy feedback to existing customers is just as necessary (or even more important).

Hope server.lu is/stays on the right track and can maintain their standards they became known for!

xirvflux
04-29-2009, 08:29 PM

Depends :-) At the prices our customers demand (and the support they require) you'd be surprised at the number of servers you need to make a decent profit.

Anyway, regarding the port usage, why don't you ask on order? I have no problem telling you exactly which servers are going to be used for seedboxes are which ones will the used for webservers (in fact in my last -pending order- I mentioned it).

Seedboxes need -obviously- a lot of traffic, but when put together lots of it is internal to the datacenter. I don't have real stats but from what I see in our own seedboxes, I'd say more than 80% of them are distributed in less than 10 datacenters around the world.

FransTormer
04-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Anyway, regarding the port usage, why don't you ask on order?
It would be even better if ANY hosting-party would just say: listen, you get x TB on the speeds listed (like 100Mbit) regardless of the protocol, after that it depends on the VLAN or whatever if we cut you down.

I mean, I live in Holland and it's very hard to find unmetered speeds here plus bandwidth is expensive. I would have no issue hearing something like that from OVH or server.lu or whatever. And peeps will understand more that bandwidth is not for free and if they really need it, they have to dig up their wallet and cough up!

/edit: example: we all know parties like LeaseWeb; they charge up to 10 Euro per TB of excess traffic after the default 2 or 4TB in the low-end packages

dwdm
04-29-2009, 09:04 PM
We expect a lot to change until August.
We are in the process of building a new datacenter (yes, that's right) and this one should be operational mid August. There will be a new website with new products.
AMD, Intel with similar configurations as right now
High End servers with SAS disks, up to 64 GB Ram, and so on...
and GBIT Speeds

The traffic graphs in the current control panel are bullshit - you can throw them away. New graphs generated by SNMP will be made available soon and lots of small things.

I don't mean to advertise too much, but I just want to explain that we have lots of plans at the moment and there are improvements made everywhere, including support, which used to be fast but got slow due too much demand and too many tickets to handle within a reasonable time.
That's the bad side of being "cheap". You have got to save costs somewhere...

@FransTormer

Bandwidth prices are falling every day. We are probably the toughest bandwidth negotiator in our region. We get good prices, so I would not worry too much. But still there is an eye to be kept on this, since some seedboxers really tend to buy 10 servers and use 10x 80 MBIT/s, which is hurting somewhere because we must pay for it.

We will deal with this, but we will be more careful and respectful than OVH. Nobody will be harmed. If we had bad intentions, I would not be here and lead constructive discussions with you folks. What I like is that some seedboxes really seem to understand the issue, while others just want to use as much as they can and if it drops by a few bits, they will move on.

Anyway - would it be possible to close this thread? The initial problem should be solved by now.

Giggly
04-29-2009, 09:47 PM
It isn't solved as we have never received any email or acknowledgement of order. I am a current customer, ordered another server on the site and still have no confirmation (over 2 WEEKS AGO). The other person in question went ahead and paid since we thought that was the hold-up. You sound a bit rude for a business that relies on customers.
If I had an email or some sort of message saying the order is pending, it might help. I have had NO communication whatsoever.

Does your email server block certain domains? I know mine was comcast.net email.

dwdm
04-29-2009, 09:56 PM
don't use comcast mails. their smtp is blocking too much.

Giggly
04-29-2009, 09:58 PM
alright... well that is good to know then LOL. *switches email and tries again*

Personal information:

Your new information were saved. They will be validated by our team in the next hours...

hmmm...

ok, what email should i use to order???

Warning: Due to the amount of fake orders, we are not accepting orders from free e-mail accounts. These include: Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo Mail.
Please contact us first, if you really have no other e-mail address.

v1r3d
04-30-2009, 08:00 AM
I have one server.lu ds4000, but the problem for me is that they use KVM on kernel that is a pain to remove. lsmod is blocked, itīs not a dedicated a semi-virtualized kernel on dedicaded server :/
Canīt install Vmware workstation, and vmware server is pretty bad (donīt work with windows 2003 well, bridge mode is confusing, donīt suport AMD VT, cloning etc....).
For the rest server lu is great.

Tiberius
04-30-2009, 08:57 PM
I think the problem is more one of you not having a clue what you're doing than it is their configuration :lol:

Giggly
05-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Used a different email and chose 'credit card' for pmt option, got email right away this time! woohoo. Server not released yet but at least I have a login this time and some communication. :)
My problem is now sorted.

unknownman
05-01-2009, 06:30 PM
An update for people following my posts:
I've finally got my DS2000. Speeds are good, haven't been able to fully test it but got around 9.5MB/sec up and 8MB/sec down, might have gone higher if I had a better torrent.

djc
05-01-2009, 11:17 PM
ordered a server on the 1st of may, email confirmation of order and login information all came within an hour.

The invoice shows the bill period starts on the 6th which I'm taking as the ETA for the server to be available.

The only thing I would suggest changing is including the bill period within the email text of the invoice as my guess is some people dont open the invoice pdf.

dwdm
05-01-2009, 11:49 PM
The billing period always starts 5 days later, no matter what happens.
Not sure why we did this, but initially there was a reason for this... I just don't recall...

Six66Mike
05-02-2009, 03:08 AM
Hmm that's one thing I didn't account for when reviewing all my invoices was start date. So if renewal invoices come on the 27th of the month but the period for that server was 1st to the 1st, I could cancel it and be able to use it until the 1st of the month, not the 27th?

Makes more sense now that you mentioned that, was rather confusing though up until this point.

I just found some that had period starting from the day I ordered and others that are invoiced 8+ days before I received the hardware :|

Giggly
05-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Any chance servers get released on weekends? Can't wait to get the new ds7000 :D

unknownman
05-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Over the past week, out of some 10 tickets I've only had a response on 1. What do they do in their office? :s

lysine
05-02-2009, 09:53 PM
I think some of you don't realize this is a professional hosting company who have legitimate customers, not just people renting servers for seedboxes.

there's no legitimate reason that I can think of for anyone to open 10 tickets in one week.

unknownman
05-02-2009, 10:10 PM
I think some of you don't realize this is a professional hosting company who have legitimate customers, not just people renting servers for seedboxes.

there's no legitimate reason that I can think of for anyone to open 10 tickets in one week.

what? are you being serious? so you are saying that:
1. they automatically disregard all tickets from people suspected for setting up seedboxes? (in thier terms they do not strictly forbid seedboxing)
2. if i pay Ģ49 a month, i am not a legitimate customer yet the next guy who also pays Ģ49 is alright? how does that work if we both pay the same price?

how professional is a company who can't respond to a ticket, even if it is to say "stop doing this"?

as for the multiple tickets, it seems that with server.lu you need to do it to get a response, 1 just is not enough, you need to nag them.

Giggly
05-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Anyone got a server released on a weekend? or should i give up hoping?

FransTormer
05-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Over the past week, out of some 10 tickets I've only had a response on 1. What do they do in their office? :s
Did you even read what dwdm had to say over the last few days or considering this topic your personal rant-topic? Yes, there seem to be several flaws concerning answering support-tickets and yes people seem to wait long (especially if they use certain mail-domains) and yes they are kinda reorganising at server.lu. Waddaya want now; all your tickets answered, a nice cookie for a treat and maybe a server?

In all fairness; it's even nice for dwdm to be on these forums and possibly pay attention to what people say. For all I care, he/she is hiding behind the official support-pages and never look at these forums ever again.

lysine
05-03-2009, 12:49 AM
as for the multiple tickets, it seems that with server.lu you need to do it to get a response, 1 just is not enough, you need to nag them.

I opened a ticket this morning, and it was answered in four hours.

what? are you being serious? so you are saying that:
1. they automatically disregard all tickets from people suspected for setting up seedboxes? (in thier terms they do not strictly forbid seedboxing)

certain tickets are probably assigned priority over others. a ticket regarding a legitimate/serious issue is more likely to get answered before one asking how to setup the additional ip addresses on a server, what's the eta for a server delivery, etc...

I just can't comprehend why someone would need 10 open tickets with their hosting company.

Six66Mike
05-03-2009, 12:50 AM
haha right on :D They don't need to be here responding to any posts but they are, and giving us insight into what's happening, telling us where their focus is etc.

People keep bugging for ETA's is a waste of time, would you rather they work on your server or answer your ticket asking when the server is ready? The fact so many tickets are being pushed into the system needlessly means those who actually have a legitimate billing/hardware issue need to wait even longer while staff trudge through the nonsense tickets.

xantra
05-03-2009, 02:37 AM
Server.Lu should change their website to reflect the time to setup and make a server available then. They seem to consistently be late on delivering... scrap the part that states they "try hard to deliver on the same day" cause I haven't heard of too many people receiving their server on the same day!

If you can provide a rough ETA in your invoice when you send it, why not put it on your webpage too? Might stop all these tickets that get opened asking you about them? and in turn save you time having to answer the tickets ?

Six66Mike
05-03-2009, 04:15 AM
The website has been getting updates recently, but as earlier mentioned the billing period is on the invoice & quite often accurate.

djc
05-03-2009, 07:51 AM
People keep bugging for ETA's is a waste of time, would you rather they work on your server or answer your ticket asking when the server is ready? The fact so many tickets are being pushed into the system needlessly means those who actually have a legitimate billing/hardware issue need to wait even longer while staff trudge through the nonsense tickets.

Plus my guess would be that on weekends they may work with a reduced staff and those staff would prioritise production issues over server set ups.

I reckon 5 business days would be enough time to set up a server after that sure raise a ticket or contact them by phone/email.

I do think server.lu should actually give you a server eta when you order though even if it's as simple as ETA=todays date + 7 days, it would stop a lot of the wheres my server tickets ive read about in this thread.

And really, its just a seedbox its not life and death a couple of days wait aint going to kill anyone

unknownman
05-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Did you even read what dwdm had to say over the last few days or considering this topic your personal rant-topic? Yes, there seem to be several flaws concerning answering support-tickets and yes people seem to wait long (especially if they use certain mail-domains) and yes they are kinda reorganising at server.lu. Waddaya want now; all your tickets answered, a nice cookie for a treat and maybe a server?

In all fairness; it's even nice for dwdm to be on these forums and possibly pay attention to what people say. For all I care, he/she is hiding behind the official support-pages and never look at these forums ever again.
Firstly, I didn't start this topic, so don't call it my personal rant, especially since other people have had the same concerns. And yes I did read through it, and I reported back that I got my server ok, but when I sent support tickets they were not answered, and there lies the concern.
I don't see why you are taking it within yourself to try and make fun of me...
No I don't want a cookie, I want what I PAID for... A server to be set up on time AND the fact that I also paid for their support services to respond to me, otherwise I could have just co-located. It is within certain laws in the EU for a company to adhere to their customers. It's like saying "I'm selling you this car with 1 year warranty", and then when something breaks, they don't want anything to do with you.
And do you have ANY idea what the tickets are about? I don't think so. So don't make a comment on them, or how many there are. The fact is, I have paid for a service and I am not receiving it.
Yes its nice for dwdm to be here, but as an employee I can't see why he is on here during office hours if there are unanswered tickets on the system? Surely if this was the place to raise matters by customers, then they should say so and everyone can post in here...

FransTormer
05-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Well, what's wrong with the phone then? I mean, they do have a phone-number as well. And if this company is privately owned and registered as such at the chamber of Commerce in Luxmbourg, I can pretty safely say that a pretty big amount of EU laws don't apply (that goes for the UK and Holland as well if they were based there). Have to agree I don't know the contents of your support-tickets but in case of hardware-failure I certainly can imagine them troubleshooting the machine first before blindly replacing (expensive) parts.

And honestly; how do you know what dwdm's office hours are and if visits to there forums are within those hours? I work in IT and sometimes have "office hours" from 1PM to 1AM or from 7AM to 3PM; how can anyone else than my co-workers judge if I'm posting on the internet during office-hours?

And really, its just a seedbox its not life and death a couple of days wait aint going to kill anyone
Spot on there, buddy.

unknownman
05-03-2009, 11:05 AM
I tried callin, it just rings forever, no one picks up, no voicemail. Also I can't see too many international buyers being happy to call a phone in Lu.

xirvflux
05-03-2009, 12:00 PM
I tried callin, it just rings forever, no one picks up, no voicemail. Also I can't see too many international buyers being happy to call a phone in Lu.

I phoned them once, the (very polite) lady who picked it up just told me to email [email protected].

Anyway, they obviously can't keep up with orders, so the best course of action is to be aware of this, and just order well in advance, or go somewhere else.

We (Xirvik) do both things, when you have many servers and need many providers anyway it's no big deal. But I understand the frustration when the one server you want doesn't arrive when you expected it.

By the way: Their servers are good and so is their infrastructure.

unknownman
05-03-2009, 07:30 PM
maybe they hate me...
Xirvik are you on msn nowdays? I never can get in touch with you.

xirvflux
05-03-2009, 08:35 PM
maybe they hate me...
Xirvik are you on msn nowdays? I never can get in touch with you.

Of course we am :-) But if you say hi and disconnect in 2 minutes we can't get back to you unless someone is looking at the screen exactly when you are typing.

Most of our support is IM based, so it's connected 24 hours a day. We don't reply immediately in every case but we always do unless the user logs off.

Six66Mike
05-04-2009, 12:09 PM
dwdm I'm trying real hard to be patient and understanding right now about the current situation but here's my problem.

A request to add new servers was replied to & invoiced in under 24 hours, while a hardware fault has no reply in 24 hours and a major billing concern hasn't been responded to in nearly a week since it was submitted.

There's no rush that I can see to respond to faults/issues but the response time in filling a nearly 600 Euro order was done with such amazing speed it caught me totally off guard. And when I phoned to try & discuss this (the billing issue primarily) with someone so I can put my mind at ease, I'm cut off and told someone will reply to the ticket soon.

I've had some pretty wicked experiences in the past few months but this past week is driving me a bit nutty & I'm sure the reception are sick of hearing my voice & telling me the same thing, send an email/ticket and a reply will come...but they rarely do. I don't much like doing these things in a forum like this but there's not really any other open form a communication at the moment that I have at my disposal.

unknownman
05-04-2009, 12:20 PM
dwdm I'm trying real hard to be patient and understanding right now about the current situation but here's my problem.

A request to add new servers was replied to & invoiced in under 24 hours, while a hardware fault has no reply in 24 hours and a major billing concern hasn't been responded to in nearly a week since it was submitted.

There's no rush that I can see to respond to faults/issues but the response time in filling a nearly 600 Euro order was done with such amazing speed it caught me totally off guard. And when I phoned to try & discuss this (the billing issue primarily) with someone so I can put my mind at ease, I'm cut off and told someone will reply to the ticket soon.

I've had some pretty wicked experiences in the past few months but this past week is driving me a bit nutty & I'm sure the reception are sick of hearing my voice & telling me the same thing, send an email/ticket and a reply will come...but they rarely do. I don't much like doing these things in a forum like this but there's not really any other open form a communication at the moment that I have at my disposal.
now you know how i felt! let us know if you can get it sorted.

Six66Mike
05-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Err sure.. but I'm not writing 10 tickets about 1 DS2000. I'm trying to resolve hardware issues for servers in my possession and billing concerns on dozens of servers that i have spent thousands of Euro on. There's a bit of a difference between ignoring your ETA requests and a fairly large customers concerns regarding their account & servers. :)

unknownman
05-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Err sure.. but I'm not writing 10 tickets about 1 DS2000. I'm trying to resolve hardware issues for servers in my possession and billing concerns on dozens of servers that i have spent thousands of Euro on. There's a bit of a difference between ignoring your ETA requests and a fairly large customers concerns regarding their account & servers. :)

you are so narrow minded. firstly, FFS my request is not an ETA ticket. what is your problem?
secondly, i'm a customer just like you, so don't think you are better than me.

Six66Mike
05-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Well, I do think big customers spending a lot of money should get premium support, yes. That's how any business I've ever worked at has operated, the more you spend the more the company holds your hands & tries to keep you on. By those characteristics, I'm no better than you as a person but as a client I *should* be in the eyes of the company. But who knows, I chew up more bandwidth and maybe that puts us on equal footing in terms of margins lol.

"I've ordered a DS2000, sent 3 tickets and 2 emails before I got a reply to say they will set it up either tonight or 2moro morning. From the 2 emails and 3 tickets, only one response and it didn't answer my other questions, just told me ETA. I wish they would read the other tickets and reply."

Then why so many tickets & emais before you got a box, and why in a later post did you continue to go on about it not being hard to provide an ETA for you?

I don't get how 10 tickets is appropriate though. At worst I had 4-5 tickets open at a time for individual faults/questions etc and when there was no reply, I picked up the phone & was told all the tickets confused them and they didn't know what I wanted lol. So now I use 1 very long ticket for ongoing things, and report faults in a new ticket when needed.

unknownman
05-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Well, I do think big customers spending a lot of money should get premium support, yes. That's how any business I've ever worked at has operated, the more you spend the more the company holds your hands & tries to keep you on. By those characteristics, I'm no better than you as a person but as a client I *should* be in the eyes of the company. But who knows, I chew up more bandwidth and maybe that puts us on equal footing in terms of margins lol.

"I've ordered a DS2000, sent 3 tickets and 2 emails before I got a reply to say they will set it up either tonight or 2moro morning. From the 2 emails and 3 tickets, only one response and it didn't answer my other questions, just told me ETA. I wish they would read the other tickets and reply."

Then why so many tickets & emais before you got a box, and why in a later post did you continue to go on about it not being hard to provide an ETA for you?

I don't get how 10 tickets is appropriate though. At worst I had 4-5 tickets open at a time for individual faults/questions etc and when there was no reply, I picked up the phone & was told all the tickets confused them and they didn't know what I wanted lol. So now I use 1 very long ticket for ongoing things, and report faults in a new ticket when needed.
well to start i asked about the hardware, then there was a network issue, then there was a problem with the box not rebooting properly and a few others i wish not to mention. happy now? either way it looks like neither of our tactics show much result recently.

as for the "and why in a later post did you continue to go on about it not being hard to provide an ETA for you?" i thought the people of this forum should know my experience with this company, i know if i was researching i would like all the information i could get.

xirvflux
05-04-2009, 04:04 PM
I just checked our control panel and they've added an ETA next to the unreleased servers:

ETA: 05/05/2009

(We've got plenty of them expected for tomorrow)

Well, thanks server.lu for adding this...

dwdm
05-04-2009, 06:26 PM
I think the ETA problem should be solved by now. There have been some additions in the control panel.

This does not solve the ETA issue _before_ you are ordering, but we are working on that as well. It's a little bit more complicated, because right now it is hard to predict numbers accurately.

Over and out.

Giggly
05-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Server not yet released!
ETA: May 5,2009
Reason: Waiting for RRB device

yay!! This makes me happy. :)

Six66Mike
05-04-2009, 07:22 PM
I think the ETA problem should be solved by now. There have been some additions in the control panel.

This does not solve the ETA issue _before_ you are ordering, but we are working on that as well. It's a little bit more complicated, because right now it is hard to predict numbers accurately.

Over and out.

So no comment about my last few posts? Now I wake up to see that in fact after calling & being told someone would reply... there's no response, yet again. :frusty:

djc
05-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Server not yet released!
ETA: May 5,2009
Reason: Waiting for RRB device

yay!! This makes me happy. :)

I got one of these too!

No idea what a RRB device is but they are probably important :D

lysine
05-04-2009, 09:10 PM
most likely remote reboot.

dwdm
05-04-2009, 09:27 PM
So no comment about my last few posts? Now I wake up to see that in fact after calling & being told someone would reply... there's no response, yet again. :frusty:

Afaik Ticket 2987 has been answered a while ago and we are waiting for further details from your side in order to proceed.

Has this thread really escalated to a 1st level support thread? I hope not :(

Six66Mike
05-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Yeah soon after I posted my bit of venting it was replied. Now waiting for the clean install :) I am more concerned with the lack of response on 2887 though as it's been a week now. I would love to just talk to someone over the phone before 3pm today if possible to explain what's happening there.

Has this thread really escalated to a 1st level support thread? I hope not :(

Much like the Whirlpool forums in Australia, people will seek out support wherever they can get it so when staff post on public forums its like a swarm to the hive ;)

PS: What's an RRB device? :D

djc
05-05-2009, 10:24 AM
PS: What's an RRB device? :D

Relative Rev Backup is my guess :happy:

unknownman
05-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Update: got a reply to one of my tickets! Date submitted: 02.05.2009 - 01.33
Reply Received: 05.05.2009 - 21.10

djc
05-05-2009, 10:03 PM
my server turned up this morning right on the eta

dwdm
05-06-2009, 06:55 AM
RRB = Remote ReBoot

haroldoftheroc
05-06-2009, 12:01 PM
RRB = Remote ReBoot
You guys got those back in stock? ETA was yesterday, and I'm still waiting as patiently as i can :D

solaris
05-06-2009, 03:50 PM
nice they have windows server 2008 available now :)

bolehvpn
05-11-2009, 08:42 AM
dwdm: it seems that all of my server.lu servers are down. I am customer ID 2443 and am unable to access your remote reboot panel either or your main website.

Appreciate some updates. Many thanks.

PS: I wouldn't post here if I could get a support ticket in :(

Just a quick note that all my servers are now back online :D

FransTormer
05-14-2009, 10:36 AM
nice they have windows server 2008 available now :)
Problem is that the Web-edition is quite expensive and the normal editions even more so while some other companies offer Web for free. Might have a look into it to see if companies accept my own license for Server2008; I absolutely love that OS but not that much to shell out 20 or 30 bucks a month for it.

OmarH
05-14-2009, 02:10 PM
anywayz using windows on a seedbox is big no no!

FransTormer
05-14-2009, 02:52 PM
anywayz using windows on a seedbox is big no no!
Because? Judging by your extensive arguments, you certainly seem to be MCITP at least so there must be some truth in not using Windows on a seedbox? Or are you possibly confused by the age-old limitations that were put into place on the tcpip.sys on XP pre-SP2 and it's bigger brother Server2003 Web?

Well, a machine running the specs of a DS4000 @ Server.lu can most definitely handle Server2008Web or Server2008Standard as an OS and perform just as good, in throughput and caching, as a rivalling Linux-OS. Plus it seems more suited for a number of people on these forums since these people seem to have very little knowledge concerning Linux.

Your truly,
TransFormer
MCITP: Server Administrator / MCITP: Enterprise Administrator / MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator / MCITP: SQL Server 2008 Database Administration:whistling

OmarH
05-14-2009, 04:26 PM
OK mr bigshot if u wanna use windows on a seedbox thats fine by me!
but in my experience linux performs better, uses less resources AND is free..

and there are enough guides on teh interwebz for people who dont have any linux experience

Zlivver
05-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Have problem to get any contact with Server.lu. I was sendning a mail 1 week ago but have't recived any answer.

If any one here represent server.lu, please contact me via PM.

unknownman
05-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Have problem to get any contact with Server.lu. I was sendning a mail 1 week ago but have't recived any answer.

If any one here represent server.lu, please contact me via PM.

They usually take a while to get back to you, sometimes its within a few hours but mostly its a few days. If you don't get a reply within a day or 2 then start a new ticket.

Zlivver
05-14-2009, 06:12 PM
The problem is that i can't login and my e-mail adress seams to be gone from the database.
I have paid the server (setup fee + one month = $ 98) but have not accessed it yet seans i can't login anymore...

FransTormer
05-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Dunno where you live, but they do have a phone-number listed on their site as well. I know, old-fashioned, a phone number but that might take justa few minutes as opposed of waiting for a week for a mail to be replied

unknownman
05-14-2009, 06:29 PM
The problem is that i can't login and my e-mail adress seams to be gone from the database.
I have paid the server (setup fee + one month = $ 98) but have not accessed it yet seans i can't login anymore...

remember you have to login with your customer number so make sure your not accidentally trying to log in with your email.

Zlivver
05-14-2009, 08:16 PM
yea, i'm using my customer-number. But I can still not login...

And they don't answer my emails.