PDA

View Full Version : A Great Way To Reduce Cool Oversized .gif/ava/sig

silent VI
09-23-2003, 09:21 AM
:o have an great ava or sig but its too big in pix and kb ;) well theres a solution lol i had this problem and it wasnt very much fun lol so i posted under software world for help on reducing .gif files. out of all the replys only one guy really helped out he recomended using ideal animation shop so basicly im posting this to help out anyone who is having the same problem as i did the program is great very easy just read the help files i think you can download a trial verson from ideal.com :D hope i helped someone

silent VI
09-23-2003, 12:49 PM
if ya cant figure out how to use ulead i recomend you check out the help files but ill give easy instructions on how to change pix and kb size also quality

1)download the trial version of ulead gif animator from ulead.com then install

2)open ulead after the startup menu pops up click open existing image file

3)now your file is on the center of the screen click it

4)now on the menu go to edit resize image

5)now a menu pops up with your current pix size in width and height wich you can change easily also the option quality wich you can easily change the files quality

6)now your file as been converted to a smaller file yea :lol:

7)now click on the optimize option on the main screen where you can compare the old oversized file size to your newer smaller better file size

8)now click on the save option either on the optimize screen on in the file menu and tada all done

:D so easy isint it great an dtheres lots and lots of other really cool options you
can fiddle around with liek shadowing adding text converting jpgs to gifs avis mpgs etc its great its worth checking out :rolleyes: so much i had to post about it :lol: so yea check it out

Barbarossa
09-23-2003, 01:03 PM
Dude, this is supposed to be for kazaalite related tips!!

I think that's why everyone ignored your post.. PM a mod and ask them to move this to where it should be, e.g. SoftwareWorld... ;)

P.S. Nice instructions though.

silent VI
09-23-2003, 01:07 PM
your avatar and signature is a related topic isnt it :huh: :blink: :unsure:

silent VI
09-23-2003, 01:11 PM
P.S. thanx lol

Barbarossa
09-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@23 September 2003 - 13:07
your avatar and signature is a related topic isnt it :huh: :blink: :unsure:
:unsure: to the forum, yes, to kazaalite, no :unsure:

Ah, well, it's up to the Mods anyway. :)

[B][O][T]
09-23-2003, 01:15 PM
Topic's like this goes in the softwareworld.

--moved--

BOT

MediaSlayer
09-23-2003, 03:25 PM
@drunkeNstylE--care to try to shrink this??
http://home.golden.net/~weboett/oldpho4.jpg
in order to make it fit as an acceptable sig on this board it would have to be shrunk to an unacceptable size. Making it smaller is easy, keeping the quality is not.

pol
09-23-2003, 04:30 PM
hi MediaSlayer

dont want to step on anyone's toes but i noticed DrunkeNStylE want here so you can have this if you like it, 17k so plenty of room for an avatar

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/guys/mediaslayer1.jpg

(yes, i was bored :D)

Somebody1234
09-23-2003, 05:01 PM
Speaking of shrinking Signatures.

Your signature is oversize, DrunkeNStylE.

The maximum permited height is 150 pixels.

silent VI
09-24-2003, 12:28 AM
i already messeged some of the admin and they said that my sig is fine as it is :P but ill change it ne ways ;) i think every1 knows the max pixel heigth buddy lol but thanx for your concern

silent VI
09-24-2003, 12:31 AM
:huh: shure mediaslayer no prob but i really think you should try the software itself its easy and basicly very handy for having around <_< but if your gonna be lazy post you email or somthing il send it to you ok ;)

shn
09-24-2003, 12:46 AM
http://www.mihov.com/eng/ir.html

works 10 times better

silent VI
09-24-2003, 12:54 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: opps what i ment was isnt the forum a related to kazaalite though :huh: i mean i under stand the forum topic i posted on was ment for kazaalite related tips and not software :rolleyes: but if you think about it sigs and ava are releated to the forum and the klite forum is related to klite :unsure: right?. and if it is my post was a tip on ava and sigs then wasnt it a tip about klite :P ah well say la ve i was moved neways :angry:

silent VI
09-24-2003, 12:59 AM
:lol: i dont really like the program mihov its way more comp than ulead but then again i never bothered puttin in aneffort to learning how to use mihov :P but since u think its so great ill give it anouther shot but still as of now id recomend ulead its my fav :lol:

silent VI
09-24-2003, 01:05 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: omg mihov is so ghetto :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: omg i remembered it being a little better than it was but naw naw oh naw :P pls tell me you where joking about the program lol if not could you try out ulead :D if u havnt already then compare cause thats what i did for a couple of minutes and i thought mihove just looks old or somthing but ill give it more of a try <_< what does every1 think

MIHOV or ULEAD wich is better

shn
09-24-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@23 September 2003 - 19:05
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: omg mihov is so ghetto :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: omg i remembered it being a little better than it was but naw naw oh naw :P pls tell me you where joking about the program lol if not could you try out ulead :D if u havnt already then compare cause thats what i did for a couple of minutes and i thought mihove just looks old or somthing but ill give it more of a try <_< what does every1 think

MIHOV or ULEAD wich is better
Have you and ulead set a date yet? Sounds like your in love :lol: .

Anyway, I was just kidding around, I dont use mihov or any other imaging programs. Although I have in the past, lately I just have not had the need to. I actually have ulead and have never used it. I do that a lot. Install programs and dont use them for months and months but right when I think I dont need them something comes up and Im pleased that I have them anyway.. I guess I make it harder on myself by making an effort to find an image thats the correct size so i wont have to use anything to convert it or whatever. :P

silent VI
09-24-2003, 01:54 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: i think im in love :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: jk jk naw no date yet lol <_< well mabey try using ulead instead trust (not lik eu dont know) finding correct sized avatars and sigs that togeather are less than 100kb is a major pain in da ass lol but with ne sig or ava thats too many pix or kbs is reduced to a much better higher quality amaller perfict fit in pix file lol

btw i collect .gifs and :rolleyes: so much time saved with ulead so i kind of been obsesed with the program latly lol :blink:

nikita69
09-27-2003, 05:42 PM
neither programs work for me, i&#39;m looking for one that can deal (compress) with 1mb+ animated gif files without changing the dimensions as MIHOV does. I&#39;ve tried several programs, only one did it (a while back), :( i fogot it&#39;s name., yet to come across new software that would do it tho. suggestions?

Wolfmight
09-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Adobe Photoshop has a "save for the web" feature...
Best picture optimizer out there right now.