PDA

View Full Version : C:\pagefile.sys Error

sharedholder
09-23-2003, 09:53 AM
I installed NOD32 antivirus , and everytime i scan my disk gives me this error :

C:\pagefile.sys error opening (file locked).File cannot be open.It is being exclusively used by another application or operating system.

Then continue to scan my files succesfully.

3rd gen noob
09-23-2003, 09:54 AM
i get this too...i just ignore it though

Sarkie_2002
09-23-2003, 11:54 AM
set the exclusions list to pagefile.sys since its a part of NT's systems so is always used and will not have a virus :D

exeus
09-23-2003, 02:10 PM
to the best on my knoledge the pagefile sys at any given time can have a virus on it but a virus located there it is benign (ok i cant spell lol ) and files such as the pagefile sys windows locks the file and wont allow any other software on the os to do anything with it so there is no need to scan it as such anyway as your av should pick the virus up if it attemps to load into memory(ram)

sunrat
09-23-2003, 04:41 PM
I get that with NOD32 too.I reckon most other virus scan programs don't scan it either, but they don't tell you about it.
NOD32 is without doubt the best antivirus around. Been using it nearly 2 years, and never notice it running in the background because it's resource usage is so small. Well unless it finds a virus!
Also does a full system scan like lightning, 40Gb in 4 mins! B)