PDA

View Full Version : Y TL is Better Than SC[X] & More....

bassam319
04-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Well HeRE Is what i got after exploring the whole sc[x] site .. i mean the scene sites such as sct-scc-scl-gft

1) content :

TL now has over 20000 without XXX where Sct has about 23000 with XXX

So it comes too close to hit it and it well .

2) TL has over 100000 member so files are rarely dead due to the activity of their members rather than GFT where u cant find a 2 month ago episode or a movie -->2500 users and free ratio

3)The ability of seeding .. Because of the massive number of users , members can seed and raise their ratio for a long time + speed where sct & scc r usually if not always impossible by leeching the scene releases .. (*people should get a box and leech the free packs for weeks to survive even if they dont need it or maybe stay wake up to be the 1st downloader....)

4) TL is expanding their uploads out of scene area by uploading privates like [Eureka-ESiR] and a lot of unscenes to cover all the categorize and make it as a second store for the bad speed sites with rare content .

5) About the Pretime ... maybe TL is late about 5-10 minutes in their releases .. but u wont gonna die for that and eps wont end in that 5 minute .. maybe subs be released in time loooool

This is my point of view after a long experience in torrenting :D

Thx .... :)

Roooney
04-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Good for you. I like ScT.

Simplistics
04-29-2009, 09:18 PM
I agree.
Sorta.
TL > ScL.
ScL just blows now, no wonder they have invites every-so-often, Unlike ScT or SCC

tippertime
04-29-2009, 10:08 PM
ScT community is waaaay better...TL forums are a wreck and with the expectation of a few users most of them are idiots…TL also has Ads and they want you to donate which is just greedy (pick one or the other)

RevTT > TL – both are basically the same site in terms of content, but it is easier to seed at TL

ScT and SCC – are both crazy fast in terms of pre times and download speed…but are a bitch to build a ratio when you are just starting out…I have been downloading my torrents from other sites and seeding them there to build my buffer up.

So RevTT FTW!

saulin
04-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Good for you. I like ScT.

How long does it take you to seed back what you get at ScT?

I found that seeding back at Sct took days or weeks while seeding back at TL was easy. Just hours usually. And yes ScT is not much better than TL in content. It has big packs of movies but movies that can be found not in packs somewhere else and a lot of them are on TL as well.

brento
04-29-2009, 10:16 PM
not sure which tracker your talking about...

if your talking about sct, then i would have to disagree with you. sct's speeds, pretimes, and forums crap all over tl. plus music and packs is free.

if your talking about scl, then i would say tl wins by a small bit. although many despise scl, i think the community is great, plus all packs are free.

if you are talking about scc, then i would say scc wins by a hair. better pre-times on scc

killercam101
04-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Why He-Man is the master of the universe: He has da POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

http://startswithabang.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/he-man.jpg

cinephilia
04-29-2009, 10:26 PM
@OP: you seems to persuade yourself that TL is the best for the simple reason that you don't have ScT.
if TL was so 'great', why would you have made 2 threads proposing trades for ScT ? :rolleyes:

IdolEyes787
04-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Well HeRE Is what i got after exploring the whole sc[x] site .. i mean the scene sites such as sct-scc-scl-gft

1) content :

2) TL has over 100000 member so files are rarely dead due to the activity of their members rather than GFT where u cant find a 2 month ago episode or a movie -->2500 users and free ratio

3)The ability of seeding .. Because of the massive number of users , members can seed and raise their ratio for a long time + speed where sct & scc r usually if not always impossible by leeching the scene releases .. (*people should get a box and leech the free packs for weeks to survive even if they dont need it or maybe stay wake up to be the 1st downloader....)

4) TL is expanding their uploads out of scene area by uploading privates like [Eureka-ESiR] and a lot of unscenes to cover all the categorize and make it as a second store for the bad speed sites with rare content .

5) About the Pretime ... maybe TL is late about 5-10 minutes in their releases .. but u wont gonna die for that and eps wont end in that 5 minute .. maybe subs be released in time loooool

You failed to mention another first; that of the all the big Oday trackers TL is probably first one the authorities want to/will shut down.

NA_Magus
04-29-2009, 10:34 PM

1) content :

You failed to mention another first; that of the all the big Oday trackers TL is probably first one the authorities want to/will shut down.

That's completely based on conjecture.

1000possibleclaws
04-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Idoleyes point is actually why I've never chosen to register at TL before. There are good alternatives that are equivalent to TL in terms of content (ScT, RevTT, and dedicated trackers) which made TL completely unnecessary.

Some of the newer torrenters might be used to the idea that TL is a closed tracker and not easy for just anybody to get into, but go back a year or two and it was just as easy to register there as it was for demonoid. If new laws come in place I would put my money on this site being one of the first to get targeted.

IdolEyes787
04-29-2009, 10:55 PM

That's completely based on conjecture.

Pretty much my whole life is.

DouglasQuaid
04-29-2009, 11:06 PM
To me, TL is getting too large. No doubt its easier to seed, but it also cuts down on a private sites main goal of keeping a low profile.

shipwreck
04-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Some of the newer torrenters might be used to the idea that TL is a closed tracker and not easy for just anybody to get into, but go back a year or two and it was just as easy to register there as it was for demonoid. If new laws come in place I would put my money on this site being one of the first to get targeted.

That's no argument against TL though, because 3-4 years ago, it was piss easy to register on almost any torrent tracker. Times have changed, can't hold it against TL just because the site has been around longer than most of the others. And thankfully, it's still going strong.

As far as 'being first to be targeted' is concerned, I'm pretty sure that any tracker that relies heavily on donations / 'paid accounts' risks to be targeted sooner than others. Sure, big sites will always be on the 'hitlist' of authorities and content lobby groups, but TL clearly isn't the only big one.

TL is a great site, the content is great and very complete, speeds are excellent, seeding is easy. It's a 'balanced' site so to say, would not want to miss it. Probably the last site I'd want to miss.

mrnobody
04-29-2009, 11:07 PM
1) content :

TPB has <toomanytolist> number of torrents...

Files never die on TPB...

TPB is ratio free...

TPB already has...

prethyme on TPB is good too...

seriously, comparing trackers is stupid. Every tracker is unique on it's own...they all have cons and pros. Some will like one tracker b/c of it's pros and others won't like it b/c of it's cons. You might like private trackers b/c of speed....meanwhile, there are others who dislike private trackers b/c of low # of files, ratio, and rules. Point is what tracker is better than what is not universal...it all depends upto an individual.

tippertime
04-29-2009, 11:47 PM
TPB is also virus infected but you make a great point...arguing about which tracker is best is pointless...because each has its own strengths that might be suited better for you then it is for some one else...if all you care about is downloading content and could care less about the community or contributing to the site then yeah TL might be best for you...
basically all trackers get the same stuff...

hell if IPtorrents was a level6 tracker people would be in here arguing about how it is the best...

saulin
04-30-2009, 12:39 AM
I said it once and I said again. The really good trackers are those with unique content. All other trackers have the same stuff. One could vanish today but you can just get your stuff from another one.

Oh but wait tracker a got something 30 seconds before tracker b. Oh shit I guess tracker a is better lol.

That1Guy
04-30-2009, 12:57 AM
If you just base your choice on sheer number of torrents (as well as retention), then TL is one of the best private trackers out there.

That being said, I rarely use tl or sct for the reason that Idoleyes gave. I feel safer using smaller more exclusive sites.

shipwreck
04-30-2009, 01:02 AM
I feel safest when I turn off the internet. You should try it, too.

http://www.turnofftheinternet.com/

IdolEyes787
04-30-2009, 02:44 AM
I did like ten minutes ago .I have no idea why I'm still here.

Cabalo
04-30-2009, 03:10 AM
ScT owns TL big time, unless you like some dubious reencodings.
I completely agree with IdolEyes, IF there's one tracker that's in the international authorities scope, it's them and IPT. and ofc what and waffles.

personally, i like revTT over TL.

Di@monds
04-30-2009, 04:26 AM
damn wasted 5 min of my life.

piratebot
04-30-2009, 06:10 AM
I agree with this. There's a lot of people who just assume that because it's reencoded by whoever, that it's magically better now.

On TL, I think the pay2leech helps with seeding along with the massive userbase.

manu1991
04-30-2009, 06:22 AM
TL is better only in terms of being asy to seed , thats because there a lot of VIP users who have immunity to low ratio banning

The_Martinator
04-30-2009, 07:44 AM
I completely agree with IdolEyes, IF there's one tracker that's in the international authorities scope, it's them and IPT. and ofc what and waffles.

personally, i like revTT over TL.

Everything I was gonna say was said here. Still most of the OP's points are right, but these are more important to me.

Security is very important, imo.

Stellar
04-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Are we allowed to give BT Rep for troll posts?

baconomist
04-30-2009, 12:32 PM
I don't know what all of those acronyms mean, but I think it is safe to say that XYZ is going to be better for one person and ZYX will be better for another. It's why some people are emo, some are gangsta and some are crossdressers. De gustibus non est disputandum. In matters of taste, there is no dispute.

Swift
04-30-2009, 12:39 PM
I like

wine more then beer

but in the summer i like beer more then wine

merwais
04-30-2009, 04:12 PM
If you have IPT, no need TL,RevTT,ScT,SCC... etc

IPT FTW :yup:

wiseD
04-30-2009, 04:40 PM
ScT and SCC... ...are a bitch to build a ratio when you are just starting out…I have been downloading my torrents from other sites and seeding them there to build my buffer up.

So RevTT FTW!

Freeleech packs on ScT, and Freeleech Archive & 0day/MP3 on SCC. How is that hard to keep a ratio :huh:

saulin
04-30-2009, 05:05 PM
ScT and SCC... ...are a bitch to build a ratio when you are just starting out…I have been downloading my torrents from other sites and seeding them there to build my buffer up.

So RevTT FTW!

Freeleech packs on ScT, and Freeleech Archive & 0day/MP3 on SCC. How is that hard to keep a ratio :huh:

What if I don't need anything from the freeleech packs on ScT?

Oh yeah on SCC there should be no problem keeping a ratio since a lot of it is freeleech.

VinX
04-30-2009, 05:20 PM
well content wise TL rox .. but SCC , ScT are kinda content + comm trackers imo

Villalltheway
04-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Idoleyes point is actually why I've never chosen to register at TL before. There are good alternatives that are equivalent to TL in terms of content (ScT, RevTT, and dedicated trackers) which made TL completely unnecessary.

Dont need to say much because all my sentiments on the subject are summarized here.

tippertime
04-30-2009, 09:20 PM
If you have IPT, no need TL,RevTT,ScT,SCC... etc

IPT FTW :yup:

I am a member at all of those sites you mentioned...and I just joined IPT a couple of days ago(out of curiosity), and I must say I am really impressed with it...the site layout is great, and I like that you can +Rep people in the forum(even though there are a lot of idiots in there) I was able to upload 70gigs over night off of 3 torrents…however, my download speed was awful, that’s one thing ScT will always be the king of.

As I said earlier in this thread, if it was a higher level site…people would be begging for invites to that site.

FACE_TO_FACE
04-30-2009, 10:02 PM
stupid discussion, sorry :dabs:

Prog
04-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Do SCC or SCT ever open up signups? Or are they strictly invite-only? If the latter is true, I'm never getting in :(

james223
04-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Very strict invite systems.
Got to know someone to get in.

cinephilia
04-30-2009, 10:34 PM
let's put it another way:
SCC invite: 10€
ScT invite: 20€

Villalltheway
04-30-2009, 11:18 PM

Or easier just come a member of what or waffles and come a power user.

Pickerel
05-01-2009, 01:36 AM

Or easier just come a member of what or waffles and come a power user.

:) I actually did it the other way. Was a member of SCC and then realized they were offering members invites to other great trackers as a bonus.

Nemrod
05-01-2009, 05:18 AM
Congrats mate, your contribution is priceless.