PDA

View Full Version : Nzb Indexing Pre Times??

Prog
04-30-2009, 10:22 PM
I've been using usenet for a short while now, and until recently, was under the false impression that usenet pre times were faster than torrent trackers. But it seems that private 0-day torrent trackers such as SCC, SCT, etc... are actually much faster. What's your favorite nzb-indexing site, and which one has faster pre times than the rest?

Wwwildthing
04-30-2009, 10:47 PM
We already settled this in another thread...

MythBusters S07E04 YouTube Special HDTV XviD FQM

Added To Usenet - 04/30/2009 9:49:24 AM GMT
Added To NZBMatrix - 04/30/2009 1:23:22 PM GMT
Added to Your Favorite Tracker - ?????

'Added to Usenet' refers to 'reading the headers'.

Windy72
04-30-2009, 10:57 PM
I've been using usenet for a short while now, and until recently, was under the false impression that usenet pre times were faster than torrent trackers. But it seems that private 0-day torrent trackers such as SCC, SCT, etc... are actually much faster. What's your favorite nzb-indexing site, and which one has faster pre times than the rest?

Yawn

saulin
04-30-2009, 11:05 PM
If you really want to find the pre times. Look at the header date and time. This is easy accomplished with easynews without having to download headers. Keep in mind that headers may show up faster on one server though, for example on the server that was used for the upload. I don't see why you would want to though. There are many things that get uplaoded to usenet really fast though. I remember that I used to grab music and apps from usenet and use them to seed on Waffles or What.cd

tesco
04-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Some things have really fast pre times.
For example new Simpsons episodes that air on sunday nights are uploaded just a few minutes after finishing. They usually show up on supersearch (newsleecher) about 10 mins after it finishes airing, and around 15-20 on binsearch.
There's similar times on torrent trackers too BUT the difference is that on usenet it's already fully uploaded while on torrent trackers it's only the torrent file that has been uploaded, the file still needs to seed.

SonsOfLiberty
05-01-2009, 12:24 AM
We already settled this in another thread...

MythBusters S07E04 YouTube Special HDTV XviD FQM

Added To Usenet - 04/30/2009 9:49:24 AM GMT
Added To NZBMatrix - 04/30/2009 1:23:22 PM GMT
Added to Your Favorite Tracker - ?????

'Added to Usenet' refers to 'reading the headers'.

This one actually was added quicker:

Mythbusters S07E04 YouTube Special 720p HDTV x264-DHD

And yeah, SS shows almost all TV/Movies to be very very quick...Lost came out less than 20 minutes after showing, and most shows I grab/add come out less than 10 minutes after airing, one logical conclusion is, that the "release groups" (some) just up there content to usenet and then let it propagate out to those torrent trackers/ed2k/etc.....

Prog
05-01-2009, 03:25 AM
I use SABnzbd+, so usually I have to wait for tv shows and such to upload to binsearch.info. That SuperSearch feature of NewsLeecher sounds pretty cool, though.

SonsOfLiberty
05-01-2009, 04:21 AM
They don't upload, there just indexed. It is only a few extra minutes compred to the search engines.

Atroc
05-01-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm fairly new to Usenet so forgive me if this question seems foolish but from what I can gather in this thread "pre time" is the delay between when content is released to when it is available on usenet?

Is this correct?

tesco
05-01-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm fairly new to Usenet so forgive me if this question seems foolish but from what I can gather in this thread "pre time" is the delay between when content is released to when it is available on usenet?

Is this correct?
Sort of.
From my understanding Pre time means the time between when the release group releases content until the time it is available.

It applies to all file sharing though, not just Usenet.

You can have a read here to learn some more of the words used in filesharing: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-the-official-scene-dictionary-311830

iLOVENZB
05-02-2009, 01:40 AM
It also depends on when TV shows were capped and the user downloading it/

eg. When a Simpson ep gets capped and then pred it's usually xxx PM but in another country it's his/her nap time.

It depends on the content but I agree some trackers have faster pre times then Usenet but it isn't allways the case :)

captive
05-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Just for info;

a grp uploads its release to the topsite server via ftp, then "PRE`s" it, that gives you its "PRE" time the moment it was released to the internet to the second. its then ftp to newsgroup servers, usually with at least 100mbit or gbit connections.

so it would be transfered in a matter of seconds, specially if a tv or film file.

so having watched both of these i can say the pre times and newsgroup times are very close, as are the top torrent site pre times.

hopefully helps a bit

UsenetGuy
05-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Pretimes are better for 0sec torrent trackers. It's because of the way it works, on trackers you would have several guys with access to sites using a script so that as soon as the sitebot announces a newdir or sitepre line in the sitechan they grab it from the ftp server and then post it to the torrent tracker. Whoever has the fastest source and manages to get it to the tracker first will post the torrent. The admins/coders would have put a system in place to prevent dupe torrents, thus having only one torrent for each release and a very good pretime. This works the same for TV, Movies.. pretty much all sections.

With Usenet it's an entirely different system and afaik most stuff isn't autoposted. TV releases are autoposted by one bot/autofiller but last I checked it was getting them from torrent trackers so it would probably get it 20-30 seconds later.. only a slight delay, 20-30 seconds is not much. But then it needs to generate the parity (par2) files, depending on the size of the files this could add quite a bit of time. Luckily TV releases are fairly small so it doesn't take long to generate them. So as you can see the good torrent trackers win with pretimes. Remember though, pretimes aren't everything, releases would be on usenet for atleast 365 days now on good servers, outliving most torrents by far. Even if the torrent for the specific release you want is still active on the tracker, there is a chance that whoever is seeding has a slow connection. Usenet is good with other sections too such as movies, games etc. These may be autoposted by some people, i'm not sure on that though. I do check often and pretimes for these are pretty good, not as good as the top 0sec trackers but still good.

Forgive me if i've messed up this post somehow, hard to type when you are tired :P

captive
05-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Just for info;

a grp uploads its release to the topsite server via ftp, then "PRE`s" it, that gives you its "PRE" time the moment it was released to the internet to the second. its then ftp to newsgroup servers, usually with at least 100mbit or gbit connections.

so it would be transfered in a matter of seconds, specially if a tv or film file.

so having watched both of these i can say the pre times and newsgroup times are very close, as are the top torrent site pre times.

hopefully helps a bit

Pretimes are better for 0sec torrent trackers. It's because of the way it works, on trackers you would have several guys with access to sites using a script so that as soon as the sitebot announces a newdir or sitepre line in the sitechan they grab it from the ftp server and then post it to the torrent tracker. Whoever has the fastest source and manages to get it to the tracker first will post the torrent. The admins/coders would have put a system in place to prevent dupe torrents, thus having only one torrent for each release and a very good pretime. This works the same for TV, Movies.. pretty much all sections.

With Usenet it's an entirely different system and most stuff isn't autoposted. TV releases are autoposted by one bot/autofiller but last I checked it was getting them from torrent trackers so it would probably get it 20-30 seconds later.. only a slight delay, 20-30 seconds is not much. But then it needs to generate the parity (par2) files, depending on the size of the files this could add quite a bit of time. Luckily TV releases are fairly small so it doesn't take long to generate them. So as you can see the good torrent trackers win with pretimes. Remember though, pretimes aren't everything, releases would be on usenet for atleast 365 days now on good servers, outliving most torrents by far. Even if the torrent for the specific release you want is still active on the tracker, there is a chance that whoever is seeding has a slow connection. Usenet is good with other sections too such as movies, games etc. These may be autoposted by some people, i'm not sure on that though. I do check often and pretimes for these are pretty good though, not as good as the top 0sec trackers but still good.

thats true, usually have a mirc script that auto grabs it [similer to some of the racing scripts i used to use], sends to seedbox, makes the torrent and uploads it. all within a few mins, especially if the topsite/seedbox is gbit to gbit.

SonsOfLiberty
05-04-2009, 04:20 PM

With Usenet it's an entirely different system and afaik most stuff isn't autoposted. TV releases are autoposted by one bot/autofiller but last I checked it was getting them from torrent trackers so it would probably get it 20-30 seconds later.. only a slight delay, 20-30 seconds is not much. But then it needs to generate the parity (par2) files, depending on the size of the files this could add quite a bit of time. Luckily TV releases are fairly small so it doesn't take long to generate them. So as you can see the good torrent trackers win with pretimes. Remember though, pretimes aren't everything, releases would be on usenet for atleast 365 days now on good servers, outliving most torrents by far. Even if the torrent for the specific release you want is still active on the tracker, there is a chance that whoever is seeding has a slow connection. Usenet is good with other sections too such as movies, games etc. These may be autoposted by some people, i'm not sure on that though. I do check often and pretimes for these are pretty good, not as good as the top 0sec trackers but still good.

Forgive me if i've messed up this post somehow, hard to type when you are tired :P

I think you're right on the money, but I've noticed on the TV shows that I fill, they are way before the trackers (not all the time), and some don't even make it to torrent trackers for a day or so, not all some, high profile shows like Lost, etc...are there really quick...I just pre'd The Mentalist, 2 full days before it even airs.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-tv-nzbs-120/t-the-mentalist-s01e21-720p-hdtv-x264-2hd-348641

Hecks
05-04-2009, 05:26 PM
The bot in a.b.mm grabs from a private tracker and 'fills' (i.e. actually posts to usenet) automatially usually minutes after pre (i.e. the real 'pre time', meaning the time it's pre'd to the scene, the time that's recorded (approx.) in predbs and dupecheckers like http://www.orlydb.com). Only release groups can 'pre' anything, of course.

iLOVENZB
05-05-2009, 07:40 AM
@Hecks - Like loder on TPB?