PDA

View Full Version : How can I increase my memory (short term i think)?

tesco
04-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Well when I was in high school and in the first year out of high school I had a really good memory.
I'm only 21 now but I can tell my memory is getting worse.
I guess it's because i don't do as much thinking now that i'm out of high school.
I'm starting to get really forgetful with things at work.
For example at work I will have question to ask site supervisor or my own boss when I see them, but when they show up my mind is blank and I forget to ask them, usually remembering after they've left. :rolleyes:
Obviously I can just write these things down but then I forget to look at my notepad.:frusty:

What can I do?

chalice
04-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Get reverse tattoos on your face. Look in the mirror and voila!!

Alien5
04-30-2009, 11:02 PM
Smoke some weed and forget all your worries.

Sextent
04-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Well when I was in high school and in the first year out of high school I had a really good memory.
I guess it's because i don't do as much thinking now that i'm out of high school.
For example at work I will have question to ask site supervisor or my own boss when I see them, but when they show up my mind is blank and I forget to ask them, usually remembering after they've left. :rolleyes:
Obviously I can just write these things down but then I forget to look at my notepad.:frusty:

What can I do?

Go and speak to a Doctor, this should not be happening to you at your age.

A decent nights sleep may also help.

Skweeky
05-01-2009, 04:58 AM
You may be pregnant.

Barbarossa
05-01-2009, 09:00 AM

What can I do?

You can train yourself to be good at remembering things.

Look on the web for techniques such as memory hooks, or turn things to remember into a story, or arrange things in your mind like they're in the rooms of your house, or a journey in the car, that sort of thing.

Skweeky
05-01-2009, 09:45 AM
I was watching the Mentalist last night and they mentioned something that may be of help.

It's something called a memory palace. It means you imagine in your mind a place that is very familiar to you, and you assign certain meanings to the objects that occur in it.

Does that make sense?

Skiz
05-01-2009, 10:07 AM
For example at work I will have question to ask site supervisor or my own boss when I see them, but when they show up my mind is blank and I forget to ask them, usually remembering after they've left.

I've been like that my whole life. True story.

I can't remember a fucking thing unless I write it down. I can be at work and think of something I really need to do, hustle off to a neighboring office or to speak with someone or get something, but when I get there I can't remember what I needed to do.

I live by the "to do" list. I always have to do lists in my pocket. If I think of something I need to do or if an employee asks me something that I know I need to research, I have to write it down or there is zero chance I'll remember it later.

Try it and see if it helps. Sometimes just the act of writing it down can help.

Barbarossa
05-01-2009, 10:40 AM
It's something called a memory palace. It means you imagine in your mind a place that is very familiar to you, and you assign certain meanings to the objects that occur in it.

Does that make sense?

Yes, that's the sort of thing.

Also I've noticed that if you ask someone to remind you to do something, even if they don't remind you (they forget, lol), when you see that person again you will automatically remember what you asked them to remind you of.

That might help. Maybe.

Mr JP Fugley
05-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Doctor I'm afraid it's bad news Tesco, you have alzheimers

Tesco That's a relief I thought it was alzheimers

RPerry
05-01-2009, 01:34 PM
I used to have a great memory too, but the only thing that remains is with numbers. I have found that if I write things down anyway, even if I don't look at my notebook, I have a better chance at remembering.

100%
05-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Relax, you have finally learnt to remember that which essential, and drop the rest.
Most important things to remember.
1. Breath
2. Eat
3. Find something to sexually intercourse with.
4. The weather (dinner convos)

enoughfakefiles
05-01-2009, 06:26 PM
A site admin and an old moderator with the same problem :eyebrows:

Might be to much time spent in team chat :unsure:

Look what happend to joob joob, he got stuck in there and never came back :O

Louie
05-01-2009, 06:35 PM

Last time when you've read a book?

Mr. Mulder
05-01-2009, 06:46 PM
that sounds pretty serious, you should probably just kill your self and be done with it... :emo:

Mr. Mulder
05-01-2009, 06:47 PM
or just see a doctor lyke, wutever :smilie4:

brotherdoobie
05-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Smoke pot or do something else, ffs. It's great for short term memory. True story.

-bd

RPerry
05-03-2009, 12:53 PM

I have a good excuse. I work 14 hrs a day, and have lots of responsibilities. On top of that I get asked for several hundred things a night. I have to know certain information for morning meetings, and machine settings and so forth are not something someone is going to remember when they change constantly throughout the shift.

Wizard Scuff
05-03-2009, 01:01 PM

I have a good excuse. I work 14 hrs a day, and have lots of responsibilities. On top of that I get asked for several hundred things a night. I have to know certain information for morning meetings, and machine settings and so forth are not something someone is going to remember when they change constantly throughout the shift.

Janitor is heavy shit responsibility, no wonder you went mental.

Albo Da Kid
05-04-2009, 05:51 AM
Leave fst and forget about the internet.. also try getting some pussy and you'll improve your short-term mem in no time (kill stress you know what i mean)

....or end up like this dickhead down here vv
.....True story.

bilkenter
05-04-2009, 03:51 PM
I think i found a nice guide for your tesco, http://www.emedexpert.com/tips/brain.shtml

hope it helps.

RPerry
05-04-2009, 06:49 PM

Janitor is heavy shit responsibility, no wonder you went mental.

you speak from experience ?