PDA

View Full Version : Spam Filter

Amarjit
09-23-2003, 04:02 PM
Today I received 39 e-mails, from which 37 were :swear: spam, involving the Microsoft "Critical Update" worm, the attachments were filtered via Norton AntiVirus, but I desperately need a good spam filter ... FAST! The rate of which these e-mails are entering my Inbox is growing by the day! Outlook 2003's Rules Wizard and Junk E-Mail Filter just can't keep up, please help, many thanks.

Skank
09-23-2003, 04:06 PM
Try mailwasher pro 3...it wont work with yahoo based accounts but it works fine with accounts that ya isp gives u...what it does is lets u preview the mail youve recieved while it is sitting on your isp's server BEFORE u download it to your computer..you can blacklistknown spammers using the programs blacklist data base

Amarjit
09-23-2003, 04:44 PM
Okay, I'll try that unless anyone else has a better suggestion ... but I am assuming you meant POP3/SMTP (that's okay, that's my current type :)).

Skank
09-23-2003, 04:50 PM
Heres there website address to download it http://www.firetrust.com/home/

.i can give u a loader to register it if you cant find a crack...the only difference really between the free version and the pro version is that the pro version lets u have multiple email accounts that it will check

yes I meant to say pop/smtp accounts

Amarjit
09-23-2003, 05:55 PM
This program is great, I just configure it first (POP3/SMTP) and then just leave it running in the background. It picks off any e-mail that arrives, and you just completely block it, bounce it and you're done!

shn
09-24-2003, 03:27 AM
http://www.spamassassin.org/index.html

Skank
09-24-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Amarjit@24 September 2003 - 05:55
This program is great, I just configure it first (POP3/SMTP) and then just leave it running in the background. It picks off any e-mail that arrives, and you just completely block it, bounce it and you're done!
Glad u like it...

it was made by a guy in New Zealand(where im from) and its pretty good in my opinion as well