PDA

View Full Version : which tracker could be recommended as best for classical music then?

jincandoit
05-02-2009, 03:06 PM
hi,folks.
currently,I am a member of What CD/ Waffles.Fm, both dedicated to, as you knew, music songs.
but,I am a huge fan of classical. so, I am wondering if there are much better trackers for classical than these two.
any help appreciated.
:)

aoshivx
05-02-2009, 03:37 PM
From my experience and since you said you're a member of W.cD & W.Fm, I can't think of any tracker that is better than both. But I Personally built and still building my classical Collection from DDl forums - rapidshare, megaupload etc and Ftps -Humongous Collections- The reason because whenever I cross check certain albums ( not the popular ones )on both sites, the seeders are usually very low between 0-2 most of the time, hence My defection away from both.

cinephilia
05-02-2009, 03:51 PM
what.cd seems to be the best one for classical music but i'd suggest you to try LzTr, a recent tracker dedicated to soundtracks/classical/jazz/blues music.
513 classical torrents have been uploaded so far and the tracker is growing day by day.
if you're interested to get invited there, pm me your what.cd profile link with your email.

jincandoit
05-02-2009, 04:52 PM
From my experience and since you said you're a member of W.cD & W.Fm, I can't think of any tracker that is better than both. But I Personally built and still building my classical Collection from DDl forums - rapidshare, megaupload etc and Ftps -Humongous Collections- The reason because whenever I cross check certain albums ( not the popular ones )on both sites, the seeders are usually very low between 0-2 most of the time, hence My defection away from both.

many thanks for your sincere reply, good luck.

what.cd seems to be the best one for classical music but i'd suggest you to try LzTr, a recent tracker dedicated to soundtracks/classical/jazz/blues music.
513 classical torrents have been uploaded so far and the tracker is growing day by day.
if you're interested to get invited there, pm me your what.cd profile link with your email.

gee,...what a policy then...they say I am not qualified to pm anyone in this forum due to 30 days must-wait period since I registered to this site.
so, I can't pm you even though I have an interest in LzTr you suggested. anyway having a decent ratio/upload at WHAT CD, I might be power user qualified to invite someone sooner or later.
as soon as pm-restriction on me at this site is lifted, I would gladly pm you. you can check my profile on this anyway.
many thanks for spending your time on me.

The_Martinator
05-02-2009, 05:57 PM
As cine suggested LzTr is great for classical music. Atm not much classical music there, but the owner of the site is known to have a huge collection of classical music...

cinephilia
05-02-2009, 06:58 PM
gee,...what a policy then...they say I am not qualified to pm anyone in this forum due to 30 days must-wait period since I registered to this site.
so, I can't pm you even though I have an interest in LzTr you suggested. anyway having a decent ratio/upload at WHAT CD, I might be power user qualified to invite someone sooner or later.
as soon as pm-restriction on me at this site is lifted, I would gladly pm you. you can check my profile on this anyway.
contact me on the email address you can find in my profile ;)

jincandoit
05-02-2009, 08:11 PM
contact me on the email address you can find in my profile ;)

I just sent my email to you, please check for me.:)

As cine suggested LzTr is great for classical music. Atm not much classical music there, but the owner of the site is known to have a huge collection of classical music...

you know, cause I have never heard of that LzTr particularly. I would like to try that. many thanks for your tips.:D

snowman
05-02-2009, 10:43 PM

This sounds very interesting. Didn't know for that one. Tnx

newmy51
05-03-2009, 03:35 AM
Cinephilia: wrote you at the potentially fake address listed in your profile as per your prior post in this thread. What's required of those interested in obtaining LzTr invites?

b3owulf
05-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Here's an example of short and informative answer (LOL): LzTr is the tracker with classical music and soundtracks ONLY.
Dunno about Pedro's BTMusic...

Stellar
05-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Pedro's has 1469 classical torrents at the time of writing this--all lossless of course. :happy:

JohnnieWalker
05-04-2009, 12:35 PM
I find Demonoid to be the best for classical music. They have the largest collection, with many new torrents uploaded daily and it's very easy to seed there.

piratebot
05-04-2009, 06:46 PM
how many classical music torrents on lztr

jincandoit
05-04-2009, 06:52 PM
cinephilia,
many thanks for sending me LzTr invite.
it does not fail me, as you suggested.
you are a decent dude, cinephilia. no question about that !!

AkaiDoresu
05-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Happens I am a lossless clasical music ripper at Pedro's (and generally on lossless torrent scene) and can tell, you won't find a better place for this kind of music. All rips at BTMusic are high quality(perfect, lossless), rare, and usually with artwork. almost 2000 torrents within the classical genre.

LzTr is kinda small classical music tracker but they really don't know too much about it. To make my point, I uploaded my rip of a rare renaisance classical music at LzTr and it was a hit that everyone was like shocked about while at Pedro's such uploads are just normal.

Plus, listening to classical at @196 or even higher qualities different than lossless is for me pure savage and barbarism :D

cinephilia
05-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Happens I am a lossless clasical music ripper at Pedro's (and generally on lossless torrent scene) and can tell, you won't find a better place for this kind of music. All rips at BTMusic are high quality(perfect, lossless), rare, and usually with artwork. almost 2000 torrents within the classical genre.
i can't agree on this one.
ok btmusic has a nice selection including some less known composers but the major part of the 1469 torrents are the most famous works from the major figures of classical music (Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Brahms, Vivaldi, Wagner, Liszt etc...) while what.cd offers more than 7780 torrents in the same category. don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that btmusic has only the best-known works from crappy record labels but my point is that what.cd has clearly a larger variety of classical torrents.

LzTr is kinda small classical music tracker but they really don't know too much about it. To make my point, I uploaded my rip of a rare renaisance classical music at LzTr and it was a hit that everyone was like shocked about while at Pedro's such uploads are just normal.
LzTr is still a recent tracker and they don't have much classical torrents at the moment so i don't see anything wrong in being 'amazed' by a good addition..

Plus, listening to classical at @196 or even higher qualities different than lossless is for me pure savage and barbarism :D
obviously, you don't know what you're saying..
unless you have an excellent hi-fi equipment and the musical ear, you won't feel any difference between a mp3@320 (even a good v0) and a flac...

VinX
05-05-2009, 03:24 AM
well i used btmusic and it has lot of old releases the classic ones . and the plus point is that its all in FLAC wohoo .. so the quality is 10/10

Falchion17
05-05-2009, 06:28 PM
I still think LZTR is the best place for classical since their community is focused on that genre so anything that isn't on the site will be found and posted quickly.

Stellar
05-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Demonoid is certainly another great resource for classical as said above. Obviously one has to use different sources to find everything. I tend to use a few different sites to fullfill my classical needs. Pedro's is just one resource, and best for me when I intend to put the music on a CD. Most of the time I use What or Waffles as they do indeed have more albums available.

I'll be checking out LzTr later on, as cine has convinced me that it's worth looking into.

AkaiDoresu
05-05-2009, 10:49 PM
i can't agree on this one.
ok btmusic has a nice selection including some less known composers but the major part of the 1469 torrents are the most famous works from the major figures of classical music (Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Brahms, Vivaldi, Wagner, Liszt etc...) while what.cd offers more than 7780 torrents in the same category. don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that btmusic has only the best-known works from crappy record labels but my point is that what.cd has clearly a larger variety of classical torrents.

LzTr is still a recent tracker and they don't have much classical torrents at the moment so i don't see anything wrong in being 'amazed' by a good addition..

obviously, you don't know what you're saying..
unless you have an excellent hi-fi equipment and the musical ear, you won't feel any difference between a mp3@320 (even a good v0) and a flac...

I'm not considering amount of torrents while making this judgment but rather I consider the ratio between quality (which in terms of classical music is crucial) and amount - and if we allow this kind of judgment Pedro's is #1. You obviously don't listen too much to classical music. If you ripped more than 5 classical CD's you would notice something that is known as the "peak level" (which is more or less loudness) -it's very low in classical music comparing to other modern pieces. Therefore listening to this kind of tracks at low quality other than FLAC is really "hardcore". Listen to FLAC for 1-2 years and go back to 192+ and you will know what I'm talking about. And despite all the things people tend to say about hi-tech equipement, these differences are noticable using the crappiest headphones for 5$ - especially if we are talking about classical. (or any type of music that uses harmonic/melodic sounds created by keyboard/string instruments). In other words, you happen to make slight mistake by saying that I am lacking the knowledge in this topic.

So if you tend to care about quality of music, go with Pedro's and it will be the best choice you will ever made. Trust me you will find there everything you need.

patiesmiz
05-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Demonoid has a nice community dedicated to classical music

Lossless:

What.cd: 5.487 torrents tagged as 'classical'

Demonoid: 5.164

Waffles: 1.392

Pedro's: 1.471

All fomats:

What: 7.837 torrents tagged as 'classical'

Demonoid: 7.076 torrents

Waffles: 3.240 torrents

cinephilia
05-06-2009, 03:41 AM
I'm not considering amount of torrents while making this judgment but rather I consider the ratio between quality (which in terms of classical music is crucial) and amount - and if we allow this kind of judgment Pedro's is #1. You obviously don't listen too much to classical music. If you ripped more than 5 classical CD's you would notice something that is known as the "peak level" (which is more or less loudness) -it's very low in classical music comparing to other modern pieces. Therefore listening to this kind of tracks at low quality other than FLAC is really "hardcore". Listen to FLAC for 1-2 years and go back to 192+ and you will know what I'm talking about. And despite all the things people tend to say about hi-tech equipement, these differences are noticable using the crappiest headphones for 5$ - especially if we are talking about classical. (or any type of music that uses harmonic/melodic sounds created by keyboard/string instruments). In other words, you happen to make slight mistake by saying that I am lacking the knowledge in this topic.

So if you tend to care about quality of music, go with Pedro's and it will be the best choice you will ever made. Trust me you will find there everything you need.
i didn't compare flac with mp3@192 and i didn't say there wasn't any difference between flac and mp3 (most of the torrents i use to download are flac) but let me tell you once again that the major part of the people won't feel the difference between a well-encoded mp3@320 CBR and a flac unless they have a good audio equipment.
it would be useless to come into technical details since it's a matter of 'ear' but i'd suggest you to do a test on your own with 'crappy headphones'; trust me you'll be surprised by the results.
personally, i dl flac cause my equipment allow me to exploit all the fullness and subtleties of flac which is not the case of many flac fans. i don't mean to show-off, i'm just saying that this 'flacmania' is more a trend than anything else for most of the torrentusers...

unfortunately, you think you're a purist for the only reason you're (supposedly) aware of all this technical bullshit... i'm actually surprised you didn't say anything regarding my first point concerning arguable btmusic's variety of classical torrents.
"So if you tend to care about quality of music, go with Pedro's and it will be the best choice you will ever made" unlike you, i'm rather obsessed by the quality of the interpretation and the performers/conductors skills than a useless .log if you know what i mean.
you can't even imagine how many (rare/old/import) discs/collections i own so i don't think you're in the position to say that i don't listen too much of classical music.
sad to see that people like you are focused on technical issues rather than the version, the record label, the performer(s), the conductor...

to summarize, i'd say you tend to confuse the melomaniac with the audiophile... first one is a music amateur, second one is a wanker.

AkaiDoresu
05-06-2009, 04:41 AM

i didn't compare flac with mp3@192 and i didn't say there wasn't any difference between flac and mp3 (most of the torrents i use to download are flac) but let me tell you once again that the major part of the people won't feel the difference between a well-encoded mp3@320 CBR and a flac unless they have a good audio equipment.
it would be useless to come into technical details since it's a matter of 'ear' but i'd suggest you to do a test on your own with 'crappy headphones'; trust me you'll be surprised by the results.
personally, i dl flac cause my equipment allow me to exploit all the fullness and subtleties of flac which is not the case of many flac fans. i don't mean to show-off, i'm just saying that this 'flacmania' is more a trend than anything else for most of the torrentusers...

unfortunately, you think you're a purist for the only reason you're (supposedly) aware of all this technical bullshit... i'm actually surprised you didn't say anything regarding my first point concerning arguable btmusic's variety of classical torrents.
"So if you tend to care about quality of music, go with Pedro's and it will be the best choice you will ever made" unlike you, i'm rather obsessed by the quality of the interpretation and the performers/conductors skills than a useless .log if you know what i mean.
you can't even imagine how many (rare/old/import) discs/collections i own so i don't think you're in the position to say that i don't listen too much of classical music.
sad to see that people like you are focused on technical issues rather than the version, the record label, the performer(s), the conductor...

to summarize, i'd say you tend to confuse the melomaniac with the audiophile... first one is a music amateur, second one is a wanker.

Well, it's not just log. Try for example to listen to SHM Japanese remastered pieces or vinyl rips. Trust me there is a huge difference that is noticeable in default iPod earphones.

You might need some really sophisticated equipment while listening in home from your Hi-Fi but if it comes to earphones, the concentration of the sound is way higher and there is no or minimal airflow. So thereby I still would argue that $5 earphones are sufficient to notice the difference.

I personally use Shure 210 earphones that cost 100-150 bucks which isn't really an audiophyle gear and trust me when I listen to Chopin in these, I feel that heaves are openining up just for me.

Just to mention, Pedro's is not only leading in terms of music quality. If you actually look at the content of the upload; Self-scanned Artwork at minimum 600dpi and really nice description while at waffles it is usually an useless soundtrack list.

jincandoit
05-06-2009, 06:47 AM
so far, as far as classical music are concerned,
they could boil down to LzTr/Pedro's/What.CD/Waffles/Demonoid to the best torrent sites as mentioned above.

to patiesmiz, thanks for your accurate files numbers on those sites.

to cine, AKai, both of you guys are great !
actually, I am enjoying reading you guys informative, well grounded opinion.

lux
08-23-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm looking around for a good classical tracker too... Demonoid is the best I've seen so far.

I've heard rumblings that Libble might have a decent classical selection. Any members know for sure?

realityhd
08-24-2009, 05:17 AM
Demonoid is the most expansive, easiest to access and easiest to seed back. For classical music, stick with that.