PDA

View Full Version : Hoi Bo

Sextent
05-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Check this out.

http://www.themusicking.co.uk/build-your-own-&-guitar-parts

Loads of different styles, and lefties available.

Proper Bo
05-02-2009, 07:43 PM
That looks like a win idea, however I wouldn't be very surprised if the end product was fookin shite sounding.

Sextent
05-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Thing is if it was you could replace the pickups later if they weren't up to muster. There's plenty of positive feedback from customers but that could all be made up pish I suppose.

There's some pics of one's people have done.

Sextent
05-02-2009, 07:49 PM
http://www.themusicking.co.uk/files///Red%20Les%20Paul%20-%20DeeRoy%20Barker.JPG

http://www.themusicking.co.uk/files///ron%20p%20smallest.JPG

Proper Bo
05-02-2009, 07:50 PM
If you're just going to replace the pickups anywai, why not just buy a cheapo ready-built guitar in the first plaice.
I'm assuming the rest of the parts in that kit probably aren't any better than those on a cheapo guitar

Sextent
05-02-2009, 07:51 PM
You could change them if they sounded pish. they might not sound pish tho'

by Geoff Turner
on Aug 16, 2008

lovely guitar kit this think its one of there best ( but the others are very good quaity as well ) have made lots of kits,
this kit is fantastic not made yet , you can see the quaity jump out of the box when its opened , dont know how they do it for the price ? service is second to none from this company . will again use nitro that i mix myself ( if you need advice on nitro paint ,email me will help free advice [email protected] , ) would give it 10 out of 10 , have to finnish another guitar befor i can start this one ( cant wait ) , i keep buying them so i have a stock building up that i havent started yet , making music kings guitars take my mind off the busy life style we all have . tip, take your time , dont rush it. all will come good in the end , there was no bits missing , thanks geoff ,ps the neck on this guitar was one of the best ive ever seen,

Proper Bo
05-02-2009, 07:52 PM
You could change them if they sounded pish. they might not sound pish tho'

by Geoff Turner
on Aug 16, 2008 Filled StarFilled StarFilled StarFilled StarFilled Star

lovely guitar kit this think its one of there best ( but the others are very good quaity as well ) have made lots of kits,
this kit is fantastic not made yet , you can see the quaity jump out of the box when its opened , dont know how they do it for the price ? service is second to none from this company . will again use nitro that i mix myself ( if you need advice on nitro paint ,email me will help free advice [email protected] , ) would give it 10 out of 10 , have to finnish another guitar befor i can start this one ( cant wait ) , i keep buying them so i have a stock building up that i havent started yet , making music kings guitars take my mind off the busy life style we all have . tip, take your time , dont rush it. all will come good in the end , there was no bits missing , thanks geoff ,ps the neck on this guitar was one of the best ive ever seen,

I refuse to take notice of a review written by an obvious moran.

Sextent
05-02-2009, 07:53 PM
:lol::earl:

Good point.

Proper Bo
they do look nice tho'.

Proper Bo
*The guitars, not morans.

Snee
05-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Some morans do.

Sextent
05-02-2009, 08:08 PM
:lol:

Indeed. I suppose it's just down to how much time you want to put into getting the finish right. That's the thing about cheapo guitars. They do things like putting on one thick coat of lacquer, or whatever, rather than building it up to get a finish.

You also have the advantage of totally customising the look. which is quite cool. Especially for you lefties with the limited availability of stuffs.

Proper Bo
05-02-2009, 08:22 PM
I do like the idea of them, like, I just don't believe they'd actually be any good for owt but looking at.
Not all of us can afford to collect guitars just to line the walls of our music lounges:no:

Wizard Scuff
05-02-2009, 08:28 PM
I do like the idea of them, like, I just don't believe they'd actually be any good for owt but looking at.
Not all of us can afford to collect guitars just to line the walls of our music lounges:no:

Next one's going to be a strat, haven't decided on colour yet.

Thoughts.

Proper Bo
05-02-2009, 08:29 PM
I think they look best in black, it's a classic, like.

Wizard Scuff
05-02-2009, 08:30 PM
That's what I was thinking too

Proper Bo
05-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Mine's black, like, tho' it's not a proper strat (it's a strat squier)

Proper Bo
05-02-2009, 08:31 PM
That's what I was thinking too

yeah, that busyedit picture didn't wurk until i copy/pasted the address. I definitely think black is the way to go (or possibly red if you're feeling a bit fruity).

Wizard Scuff
05-02-2009, 08:31 PM
With white plate or all black

Proper Bo
05-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Mine has a white plate, tho' I've also got a wank tanglewood strat copy (also black) which I painted the plate black. Both ways look good, like.

edit: tho' the tanglewood has a dark neck which works better with the black plate.

Proper Bo
05-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Mine's black, like, tho' it's not a proper strat (it's a strat squier)

I've just managed to find out thro' wiki that it's from 1989 (according to the serial number). That'd explain why the wiring inside is fucked, like.

Wizard Scuff
05-03-2009, 12:17 AM
I like the white plate, it just looks right to me.