PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra Offical Trailer (New)

SonsOfLiberty
05-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Qd2JUyvK4g4

mr. nails
05-03-2009, 09:09 PM
gi joe pwnz face

gi joe pwnz u

gi joe pwnz

ps: pwnz!

sevenlife
05-05-2009, 07:33 AM
this is another one i am wtg for when is it due out

Tribot
05-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Great trailler,great movie!

random_
05-08-2009, 11:47 PM
that looked like a lot of action :P

crystalcake
05-12-2009, 09:59 PM
looks pretty random D:

random_
05-13-2009, 01:48 PM
maybe ur right :D

clocker
05-14-2009, 12:24 AM
I hear the next GI Joe movie will feature weaponized Bratz.
I might see that one.

IdolEyes787
05-14-2009, 12:33 AM
Ninjas are cool and hot women in tight leather will always get my attention but am I alone in thinking that the level of retardedness of that trailer was off the scale.

The old trailer looked promising this is just stupidity and Michael Bayish cg effects.

clocker
05-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Well, it's not like they had a lot of backstory to work with.

dadelor
05-17-2009, 04:52 PM
I hope this doesnt flop, this was one of my favorite cartoons i even had the action figures.

IdolEyes787
05-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Actually G.I. Joe was an action figure long before they made the cartoons.

clocker
05-17-2009, 05:20 PM
(Well confirmed) rumor has it that Stallone learned everything he knows about acting from G.I. Joe.

EhNam
05-18-2009, 02:07 AM

Very true....They where some big toys to.
But I think the movie will be bad.
Stephen summers just can't cut it.

IdolEyes787
05-18-2009, 03:22 AM
And neither can Stephen Sommers:happy:

Actually Deep Rising was almost interesting and The Mummy was passable but there is an vast difference between what Mr Sommers thinks are good FX and what actually are .
I mean his skill with that sort of thing is so bad I honestly don't know if he is intentionally going for camp or not.

Van Helsing was seriously one of the least enjoyable monster movies that I have ever seen.It was a failure of expectations on so many levels and on such a massive scale.

Snee
05-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Well, it's not like they had a lot of backstory to work with.

There are years and years of comics to fall back on, on top of the cartoons, and the flavour texts for the toys. Granted, most of it reads like some sort of soap opera, but there is a lot.

Some of the casting choices make me wonder, though. Damon Wayans as Ripcord, wtf.

http://streetknowledge.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/ripcord.jpg -> failed comedian. (http://www.flickscribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/ripcord-0418-00.jpg)

SonsOfLiberty
05-18-2009, 06:02 PM
They have tons to fall back on, GI Joe was my favorite, and had a shit ton of the toys, and I agree with the cast, where's the "real" Cobra Commander?

IdolEyes787
06-12-2009, 04:49 PM
A number of sites today are pushing forward the story that G.I. Joe director Stephen Sommers has been locked out of the film’s editing room, based on a post from film producer Don Murphy’s message board (now removed). The story is picking up steam, in part thanks to vaguely corroborative posts . Common word is that it is a disaster for Paramount, and that a lot of unplanned post-production work was done to amp up the action and excitement factors and possibly just to make the thing watchable.

The condensed version goes like this: A disastrous test screening led production exec Brad Weston to push for Sommers’ firing. Stuart Baird was brought in to rework the edit, while producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura was also let go from the project. (di Bonaventura getting the boot seems unlikely.) There’s a lot of talk in the post about how di Bonaventura and Sommers didn’t know anything about ‘the mythology’ and how that led (somehow) to the ruin of the film. The issue doesn’t seem to be that the movie is bad by GI Joe standards, but by any standard. Jeff Wells quotes an unnamed source that says Sommers “was given total freedom but he melted down and has made the biggest bomb in many a moon.”

Who would have believed that the director of Van Helsing could make a bad movie?

maxehhh
06-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Nice trailer, there's a lot of action movies lately, i don't think all of them are going to have a second part... i still can't believe how people would rather see Night at the Museum than Terminator 4.

IdolEyes787
06-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Because parents are constantly on the lookout for something that they can take their kids to.(Fanboys think that they drive the box office but nothing could be further from the truth).

That and people's memories are short. Few dating age people ( the core group to see a movie like this) were even alive when The Terminator first came out and most were barely cognizant when Judgment Day premiered so those names mean nothing to them.

A Night at the Museum was a fairly good movie and the current crop of movie goers are familiar with the brand so they would rather take a chance on it rather than a sequel to the only Terminator movie that they know, the atrocious Terminator 3 .

Besides T4 sucks more ways than Paris Hilton.

SonsOfLiberty
06-17-2009, 07:53 PM
A number of sites today are pushing forward the story that G.I. Joe director Stephen Sommers has been locked out of the film’s editing room, based on a post from film producer Don Murphy’s message board (now removed). The story is picking up steam, in part thanks to vaguely corroborative posts . Common word is that it is a disaster for Paramount, and that a lot of unplanned post-production work was done to amp up the action and excitement factors and possibly just to make the thing watchable.

The condensed version goes like this: A disastrous test screening led production exec Brad Weston to push for Sommers’ firing. Stuart Baird was brought in to rework the edit, while producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura was also let go from the project. (di Bonaventura getting the boot seems unlikely.) There’s a lot of talk in the post about how di Bonaventura and Sommers didn’t know anything about ‘the mythology’ and how that led (somehow) to the ruin of the film. The issue doesn’t seem to be that the movie is bad by GI Joe standards, but by any standard. Jeff Wells quotes an unnamed source that says Sommers “was given total freedom but he melted down and has made the biggest bomb in many a moon.”

Who would have believed that the director of Van Helsing could make a bad movie?

Well I sure in the hell won't watch it if he didn't stay in the GI Joe lore...well that sucks..

hackdevil
06-23-2009, 07:29 PM
the trailer in youtube not working