PDA

View Full Version : The.Dark.Knight.2008.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ESiR

Ashed
05-04-2009, 10:07 AM
I've been wanting to download this release from usenet but having problems. I'm currently using astraweb as my provider and get my NZBs off binsearch but I can't seem to be able to download this particular release. It just gives me 430 error.

This release has been uploaded twice, the first one that I can find is from 158 days ago and the other one was uploaded 61 days ago. Both give me the same 430 error.

Anybody know why? I can download releases older than this one fine but this one just seems broken.

UsenetGuy
05-04-2009, 10:18 AM
I think astraweb were probably asked to remove it for copyright infringement, seems to be there on a highwinds server.

dutchmaster420
05-04-2009, 10:40 AM
yea i was late on x-men origins on astraweb and got errors cuz astraweb took off every single uploaded copy of it....never ran into anything else that i cudnt get off astraweb tho

edit: just tried the dark knight and yes its definatly been taken off their server

cooldude75ph
05-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Is this just an astraweb isolated incident? Makes me want to just ship to another newserver if this is the case...

MultiForce
05-04-2009, 02:29 PM
A couple of missing block but fine on GigaNews

Ashed
05-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Very interesting. :o

SonsOfLiberty
05-04-2009, 04:00 PM
It shows complete (Dark Knight in super search) and X-men wolverine workprint show complete on supe search as well..oh I'm with Astraweb though and using SS and both show complete.

mikeHD
05-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Maybe this was the issue I ran into when I made my thread a while back. That combined with my crappy former ISP so my bandwidth was 1/3rd of what I was paying for during peak times.

I'm curious why some say there are errors and SOL, who knows a whole lot, says it is complete. Could it be different servers? Or that the information in the client is wrong?

SonsOfLiberty
05-04-2009, 09:13 PM
It could be a number of things, the server it's situated on, the ISP, or even that my SS is tied to Giganews, but they are propagate to the same, at least from my experience. BTW, your pretty rich if you want to pay 3x more at Giganews, do you honestly expect them not to remove copyright work if asked? All providers will if asked.

mikeHD
05-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Hmm I'm interested in the fact that SS is tied to GN. If it is complete there, then it has little bearing on the OP's problem with AW.

I'm sure GN removes posts too. And I have both AW and GN but I don't feel like downloading a 1080p film twice to test this out.

rippinitup4fun
05-05-2009, 12:02 AM
Most likely it was uploaded by someone who used Astraweb and not another provider this is why Astra complied with the DMCA takedown. Giganews does and has done the same in the past, they have to in order to comply with the law.

SonsOfLiberty
05-05-2009, 12:04 AM
It will download parts of it, so it's incomplete, but that could also be due to bad propagation too, not just them removing it, I'm not getting 430 error, it's trying to download parts of it.

rippinitup4fun
05-05-2009, 12:10 AM
It will download parts of it, so it's incomplete, but that could also be due to bad propagation too, not just them removing it, I'm not getting 430 error, it's trying to download parts of it.

Ahhhh, I see. Well most likely that is like you say just bad propagation. Like others I had similar issues with X-men and just assumed they got a takedown because I noticed in SABnzbd that the full article header showed it was uploaded VIA Astra. But have not tried the Dark Knight being referred to here.

EDIT:
This is the error I am getting:
Article: [email protected], bytes=394033, partnum=120, art_id=None> => missing from all servers, discarding

Same for all parts

SonsOfLiberty
05-05-2009, 01:12 AM
NL downloads at least trys, don't know how much is actually there if any, did the NFO's and NZB's down fine?

I was wrong, I looked into NL's download log and see it is a 430, no such article, so it has been removed. That is very odd, that's the first one I've ever encountered, but Astra did remove my Xbox360 AIo falshing kits though or someone did from that group

But if I remember right, in Newsbin pro, it gave me the option of "deleting the post" from the 'server', is that right? Anybody use NB Pro, and could that also be a 'cause?

Edit, Edit, and Edit: Also, this would mean my SS searches shwoing complete are showing GN's (to an extent) indexed, but then again, GN could have it pulled to, like I said in SS it shows complete as well on search engines. Edit done :lol:

rippinitup4fun
05-05-2009, 01:27 AM
The only part that came through for me was the .sfv file. Indeed it has been pulled from astraweb. This is only the second one I have come across, first one was X-men workprint. But they have to pull it if they are served with a take down notice. I remember reading comments on Newzbin awhile ago when I had giganews that giga was removing some TV shows, some completely others just enough so Par files could not repair it. So they all do it, they have to or they would face serious lawsuits/shutdown.

SonsOfLiberty
05-05-2009, 01:54 AM
I've had one TV show I couldn't get, it was Reaper S2E1, and a few other user and we were all with Astraweb, everyone else got it though...so it really is hit and miss, I tried a few other dark knight releases and there still there.