PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Tracker torrents

mbucari1
05-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Hey, does anyone know stats are reported for multi-tracker torrents? Is the total upload and download reported to both trackers, or does the client keep track which which tracker the peers you're connected to are from?

lysine
05-05-2009, 12:46 AM
the stats report to both trackers.

cinephilia
05-05-2009, 12:50 AM
i've downloaded a multi-tracker torrent from Demonoid once and as far as i remember, the total download and upload have been reported to the tracker (i found it surprising though).
that said, you have to know that multi-trackers torrents are generally forbidden on private trackers..

mbucari1
05-05-2009, 01:26 AM
that said, you have to know that multi-trackers torrents are generally forbidden on private trackers..
OK, didn't know that. I had already downloaded win 7 rc1 from one tracker and forgot about it. I grabbed the same torrent from a different tracker and loaded in in utorrent. It said the torrent was already present and asked if I wanted to load the trackers from it. That just got me wondering how stats report with multi-tracker torrents.

cinephilia
05-05-2009, 01:59 AM
never do that on any private tracker, you would get banned for cheating.

Wwwildthing
05-05-2009, 05:03 AM
OK, didn't know that. I had already downloaded win 7 rc1 from one tracker and forgot about it. I grabbed the same torrent from a different tracker and loaded in in utorrent. It said the torrent was already present and asked if I wanted to load the trackers from it. That just got me wondering how stats report with multi-tracker torrents.

The reason it said that the torrent was already present, is that there is still a copy of it on your system. It will be found at - C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

zedex
05-05-2009, 01:40 PM

not true at all ! the only trackers who dont allow it are the high level one's

and yeah the stats on the client are for both trackers .

cinephilia
05-05-2009, 03:46 PM

huh? :huh:
could you name me a private tracker that allow multi-trackers torrents (except Demonoid) ?

patiesmiz
05-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Demonoid is not private, but public.
And there's NO private tracker that allows multitracked stuff, upload a torrent set as public on your client with more than an address to a private tracker and you get banned immediately

cinephilia
05-05-2009, 04:01 PM
for the record, Demonoid is semi-private :closedeye

patiesmiz
05-05-2009, 04:07 PM
No, it's public.
Non registred users can d/l the new torrents, only, from the website, and can get most of the old ones from any public engine such as isohunt, mininova, etc
No need to be registered on the site to get the torrents.

cinephilia
05-05-2009, 04:12 PM
non-registers visitors are limited to 3 torrent downloads per week and you must register to download torrents older than a few days.
that's why Demonoid is a semi-private (or semi-public) tracker.

patiesmiz
05-05-2009, 04:16 PM
ok, if you want to call it like that, but AFAIK -and I am a staff member on Demonoid- it is, technically, a public tracker.
It's just a matter of words.

zedex
05-06-2009, 01:12 PM
i think we'e not talking about the same yhing ..lol
im talking about uploading a torrent to 1 tracker and then uploading it to a second tracker .

cinephilia
05-06-2009, 01:23 PM
im talking about uploading a torrent to 1 tracker and then uploading it to a second tracker .
that's not what the OP was talking about.

patiesmiz
05-06-2009, 03:18 PM

It seems we are talking about several things.

And to answer your question:

You can upload a torrent tracked by some public site to demonoid as 'external', and you can make a multitracked torrent by adding several addresses of public trackers (when I say 'public' I include Demonoid in the list) and upload it to several public sites, also.

BUT, as you were told:

jincandoit
05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
the term-external-has put me in the dark all the time about what it stands for anyway at demonoid. I can get it now. thanks.patiesmiz.

Wwwildthing
05-25-2009, 10:04 PM
ok, if you want to call it like that, but AFAIK -and I am a staff member on Demonoid- it is, technically, a public tracker. It's just a matter of words.

Then I guess you can turn ratio tracking and invites off, huh?

As long as they're on, it's a semi-private tracker.

Get a clue.

Mugur
05-26-2009, 07:03 AM
that's not what the OP was talking about.

No, it's not, but they are closely linked. When you open in utorrent the torrent you created for the second tracker, you will get the same message about the torrent already existing and the two trackers will be put together. Is there a workaround for that?

Tiny
05-26-2009, 12:15 PM
What is a multi tracker?

redMonster
05-26-2009, 03:12 PM

and yeah the stats on the client are for both trackers .You should get your facts cleared. How are high level trackers different from 'so-called' low level trackers? They all use the same tracking system.

Bone.W.Machine
05-26-2009, 04:29 PM

and yeah the stats on the client are for both trackers .You should get your facts cleared. How are high level trackers different from 'so-called' low level trackers? They all use the same tracking system.All of them don't use the same... :P

OTO
05-26-2009, 05:30 PM
What is a multi tracker?
Multi-tracker torrents feature multiple trackers in the one torrent. This way, should one tracker fail, the others can continue supporting file transfer.

SPY
05-26-2009, 05:33 PM
What is a multi tracker?

Trackers like Demonoid i think... :shifty: