PDA

View Full Version : Nuked

browser
09-23-2003, 09:13 PM
what does NUKED, at the end of a movie name, mean. Is it that the movie doesn't work any more?

Dapadipz
09-23-2003, 09:18 PM
can mean a numerous amount of things

Bad Cropping
NO IVTC
Bad Audio

Also More Complex things

most cases the movie still works but the group will normally release a REPACK which is a fixed version of the movie

4play
09-23-2003, 09:19 PM
nuked is a scene term.

it means there is something that is non standard about the film.

browser
09-23-2003, 09:19 PM
So do i d/l or wait?

{I}{K}{E}
09-23-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by browser@23 September 2003 - 22:19
So do i d/l or wait?
yes NUKED versions are better then the same movie that is not NUKED

4play
09-23-2003, 09:27 PM
check out vcdquality (http://www.vcdquality.com) and find out why the film was nuked.

i remember the lord of the rings : two towers dvd screener i downloaded was nuked but it was still very good.

sometimes things are nuked because of stealing sources from other groups. Like prt stole tcf files and did not bother renaming them so that release was nuked.

vcdquality's faq (http://www.vcdquality.com/faq.php#4) will explain loads of terms you should learn.

browser
09-23-2003, 09:42 PM
It doesn't say that it is nuked on vcdquality. Does that mean the movie is fine.

The King
09-23-2003, 10:24 PM
i thought that nuked ment that the file had something wrong with it. Weather it be audio, video, or something else ;)

4play
09-23-2003, 10:29 PM
It doesn't say that it is nuked on vcdquality. Does that mean the movie is fine.

which film was it and why did it say it was nuked. and can you find a better quality version that is not nuked it wuld be a safer bet.

browser
09-23-2003, 10:35 PM
It was Pirates of the Caribbean by TWisCO or sumthing like that. I want a DVD-R and it was the only one i could find.

Gre1
09-24-2003, 12:52 AM
IF it's nuked it is a bad file because of some of the reasons posted above so it's not a good file, but basically it doesn't meet vcdquality's standards on a movie so that's why they nuke it. But it should still work.

ehnoismemu
09-24-2003, 07:56 AM
NUKED means it has something out of standards. that can be bad, good, or not affect considerably the quality.

some movies are nuked because the bitrate used is too high, so it's out of standard. if it is a vcd, maybe it won't play on some stand-alones dvd players. it will play on other, though.

i got a copy of hulk, dvdscreener, xvid, ac3. it was nuked because the audio was slightly out-of-sync with the video. but it's so slightly that it's almost unnoticeable. not a problem for me.

there are some movies that are nuked because the quality is just crap. bad quality of the video, or audio. if you see a NUKED on nforce, there's an icon that explains why it's nuked. if you're in vcdquality, check the comments. then u can decide to download it or not.

NotoriousBIC
09-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by browser@24 September 2003 - 00:35
It was Pirates of the Caribbean by TWisCO or sumthing like that. I want a DVD-R and it was the only one i could find.
That particular release was nuked cause the source isn't DVD as stated in the info, but an inferior Russian PDVD.

As far as I know it's still a good release, but I'm waiting for a better one before I d/l 4,6 GB ;)

browser
09-24-2003, 04:40 PM
yea, i'll wait too. Thx evryone. But if it is from a rusiion PDVD, wouldn't it be nuked on VCDQuality?