PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 -- Broken Steel, Is Here!

SonsOfLiberty
05-06-2009, 02:14 AM
http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3170103

Once again, the download is broken, this time it's the PC one, so if you going to grab the DLC for PC, don't do it now, it's buggy and Bethsoft is blaming DRM, go figure :rolleyes:

1000possibleclaws
05-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Is there point in installing these extra content packs if I haven't started the game yet? I have Fallout 3 installed but haven't found time to start yet. Should I install all the extra content before creating a character or does it not matter until I've gotten far into the game?

callme
05-06-2009, 12:13 PM
if ull pass a game without any addons, i think u have no desire for playing it again anymore

SonsOfLiberty
05-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Is there point in installing these extra content packs if I haven't started the game yet? I have Fallout 3 installed but haven't found time to start yet. Should I install all the extra content before creating a character or does it not matter until I've gotten far into the game?

Well if you do, the best part is Operation Anchorage, you'll will get the Power Armor ability right away instead of waiting till about 50% into the game...and yes it's better to install them all now....because the first two can be done during any point during the game, and Broken Steel takes off after the last mission in the game and continues the game...btw, I've beat it twice now, and going a 3rd time to complete all goals and get every hidden item.

Vash999
05-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Also, it's better to install them before hand, and any other mods you might want to add if you're on the PC version (I personally recommend if nothing else adding the "GNR, More where that came from" to up the radio playlist from 20 to 100 songs). It doesn't always cause problems, but there seem to be more odd problems if you add things after leaving the vault, rather than a clean start.

As an aside, that goes double for removing a mod you want to try but don't like. Best to make a save prior to a new mod install

VinX
05-09-2009, 03:47 PM
i m downloading Fallout 3 atm ,, heard that its shite without mods ... hope that the mods work out good :)

SonsOfLiberty
05-09-2009, 04:22 PM
I think it's excellent without mods, everyone is bitching about the level cap, and that's addressed in the newest DLC.

For you GNR mod, it's much easier just to use 1by1 player (lower low cpu usage player) and just use your own music (playlist) and NJOY!

1000possibleclaws
05-09-2009, 04:35 PM
With Oblivion and Morrowind, I need to play with Galsiah's Mod, or nGCD because the leveling up system is ridiculously shitty in the vanilla games. I assumed Fallout 3 had a different system where you didn't need to count the skills you leveled to maximize your attributes, but if not I might have to start it with a few tweaking mods..

VinX
05-09-2009, 04:49 PM
I think it's excellent without mods, everyone is bitching about the level cap, and that's addressed in the newest DLC.

For you GNR mod, it's much easier just to use 1by1 player (lower low cpu usage player) and just use your own music (playlist) and NJOY!

ohh ... well i saw many many people bitching about Fallout 3 without mods ... seems diff opinion here .. thanks .. i will tryout without mods now .. :)

SonsOfLiberty
05-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Well I have the 360 version so don't go by what I say, I've not tried any mods, so maybe it does make the PC exp better, I have no idea, sorry if I meant that differently.

Yes you level up, but you can go all the way to 30 with the BS DLC, which by then you pretty much invincible. It's much more fun to do it this way, and build your charecter how you would if you were really there, at least that was my thinking, the story just took me in.

Go to here: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3 for the best Fallout 3 insight around, including leveling, character development and more...and very top notch site and is organized all in one place. Read it before you start playing so you know about Karma, Exp, and leveling.

1000possibleclaws
05-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally you had to train up enough minor skills before you level up so you get a x5 attrib bonus instead of a x4, x3, etc.. With mods you can skip the leveling screens where you choose your attributes, and they will level up based on the skills you do train. Therefore you can't possibly have a high strength if you use mostly ranged and magicka attacks, and you don't have to think about training X number of skills before you choose to level up. I have no idea if Fallout 3 follows the same leveling scheme TES series does or if it follows Fallout's earlier games leveling systems. Something I'll look into before choosing to mod it or play it vanilla.

Thanks for the link SOL, I'll definately be reading that wiki page before I create my character :D

rdtphd
05-09-2009, 10:08 PM
been waiting for broken steel for a while. i'm glad it works without and new loaders. just update to v1.5 and turn broken steel on in the data files and works fine so far on pc

SonsOfLiberty
05-11-2009, 07:25 PM
_-19LLwhs9E

tejaslok
05-12-2009, 02:38 AM
i love it all their series

Vash999
05-12-2009, 02:31 PM
One important caviate kiddies (sorry, Three-dog's quote fit too well there). If you use pretty much any mods (PC version), then don't even think about using the 1.5 patch. It will break your game, no ifs, ands or buts. If you're playing without any mods, by all means go to 1.5, but otherwise, grab the "fake patch" mod, and add in the unofficial fallout patch (fixes a lot of minor issues in the game, including the VATS problem). The fake patch will still open up BS (possibly with a few minor gliches) until Bethesda has time to resolve the issue.

As for the extended GNR mod, the plus of that as opposed to your own playlist is the developer(s) of the mod went to great lengths to fit it in with Bethesda's own theme of GNR (albeit with some music that is slightly newer but fits). Of course, that only matters if you liked the GNR playlist.

SonsOfLiberty
05-12-2009, 07:41 PM
As for the extended GNR mod, the plus of that as opposed to your own playlist is the developer(s) of the mod went to great lengths to fit it in with Bethesda's own theme of GNR (albeit with some music that is slightly newer but fits). Of course, that only matters if you liked the GNR playlist.

Or like I said earlier, you can download 1by1 http://mpesch3.de1.cc/1by1.html

and then download my GNR playlists here: and here:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-music-nzbs-106/t-fallout-3-gnr-rado-ost-delial-330701

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-music-nzbs-106/t-fallout-3-apocalypse-avenue-cst-anonymous-329686

I found that the in-game radio songs got old rather quick once I've been 20+ hrs into the game, thus welcome to the very first fan-made Soundtrack Album for the marvelous Fallout 3, courtesy by Bethesda Softworks. Within this selection, I've tried to preserve the original spirit and retro flair of the game, so the release contains (with two notable exceptions) only classic scores, songs and themes from the 30's-60's of the 20th century, the time when cultural development stopped in the USA of the Fallout Universe. Many of these tunes will be commonly recognized, but put in the dystopic and violent context of Fallout 3, they often gain a darkly humorous twist. Oh, and keeping in mind that Rock'n'Roll never happened in this Universe, towards the end I've added a little bit of old school Rhythm'n'Blues to represent rebellion and change.

Vash999
05-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Ah, sorry I was thinking more along the lines of playing more modern music instead of something in line with the theme of the game. In that case it accomplishes the same goal, and keeps "Civilization" from getting stuck in your head, which is always a good thing :)