PDA

View Full Version : Video How to convert DVDs into iPhone, iPod, PSP or AVI formats (for free)

SonsOfLiberty
05-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Take from FreewareG

This article will describe an easy, straightforward way to convert DVD videos, including commercial/encrypted DVDs, into any of a handful of popular video formats; specifically iPhone/iPod/PSP (MP4 or M4V), as well as AVI. It will use two freeware titles in the conversion process: Handbrake and DVD43.

If you’re looking for an extremely easy and relatively fast method to convert your DVDs into video files for use on your computer or in your portable device then read on. The method described here is notable for the following reasons:
It is written in English (not geekese) for the layman and advanced users alike.
Unsure what decisions to make? Do not worry; I will suggest decisions for you based on my favorite configuration (see “important note” below”).
You will be able to convert commercial/encrypted DVDs (or at least 99% or them).
You will NOT need to rip (i.e. copy) your DVD to your hard drive first. Conversion will be done straight from your DVD, which means that (a) you will NOT need 5-8 gigs of free hard drive space to rip your DVD onto, and (b) you will save the time that otherwise would be spent waiting for the ripping process to finish.
Uses all freeware programs; Handbrake and DVD43. Both are excellent and have been around for a while. Handbrake now comes with all codecs/filters needed for the encoding process, so you will not need to install any codecs or filters separately.

Important note: this article will describe an example where I convert a DVD to iPhone MP4 format using a handful of settings that I like to use; however, I will also indicate what to do if converting to AVI as well. Also note that at any point you could customize the settings as they come along to something that may be more to your liking.

Go to the url to read the guide, it's too long for me to reost and too long for me to actually make it worthy of the way the guide is.

http://www.freewaregenius.com/2009/04/28/how-to-convert-dvds-into-iphone-ipod-psp-or-avi-formats-including-commercial-encrypted-dvds/

weedpeople
08-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Nothin new but for some people this could be useful .