PDA

View Full Version : Windows Xp Network Folder Shareing

Wolfmight
09-24-2003, 01:14 AM
I'm looking for a way to have more things to customize when shareing a Folder on a Network.
I need to password protect my shared folders so only the correct users can open them. I also would like other options. Windows XP Pro currently doesnt seems to have a whole lot of options when it comes to Network Folder shareing.. so what are some good programs?
ehh Windows Server 2003 is kinda like: useing a Crane to lift a few 15Ib boxes.
I just need something for your everyday file shareing on a network. (lol not kazaa.. My Network ;) )

shn
09-24-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Wolfmight@23 September 2003 - 19:14
I'm looking for a way to have more things to customize when shareing a Folder on a Network.
I need to password protect my shared folders so only the correct users can open them. I also would like other options. Windows XP Pro currently doesnt seems to have a whole lot of options when it comes to Network Folder shareing.. so what are some good programs?
ehh Windows Server 2003 is kinda like: useing a Crane to lift a few 15Ib boxes.
I just need something for your everyday file shareing on a network. (lol not kazaa.. My Network ;) )
You may want to try turning "off" simple file sharing in xp under folder options . That allows you to better customize the file permissions with the security tab even if you share them on a network.

Skank
09-24-2003, 01:57 AM
u obviously havent used XP pro for a while...lol
Turn off simple file sharing as mentioned above and learn how to use the administration tools