PDA

View Full Version : Aim (aol Instant Messenger)

Secret Squirrel
09-24-2003, 01:34 AM
I've been on very good terms wit it but now im getting pissed. THe one thing i hate the most is the damn limit on the profile. Any way to over come it?

shn
09-24-2003, 01:37 AM
Dont use it.

Thats a sure solution to your problem.

Secret Squirrel
09-24-2003, 01:40 AM
Lol see i thought of that too but guess what. NO ONE IN MY SKOOL USES ANY OTHER PROG EXCEPT AIM !?!?!? Nubbers

The Kiler
09-24-2003, 02:37 AM
WINDOWS XP ONLY

Go to MY computer

Go to hard drive where AIM is installed

Go to Documents and Settings

Go to your username (Has to be one where you use your AIM on or it won't work)

Go to Application and Data*

Go to AIM

Go to your screen name

Edit the file "info.htm" file

within <body></body> is the area you put your text. You have no limit. Enjoy&#33;

sparsely
09-24-2003, 02:41 AM
yes. AIM is poo.

asmithz
09-24-2003, 02:47 AM
AIM was built by saten himself, and gaven to those who follow but dont know there under the influence. Beat that demon and send him on its way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Secret Squirrel
09-24-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by The Kiler@24 September 2003 - 02:37
WINDOWS XP ONLY

Go to MY computer

Go to hard drive where AIM is installed

Go to Documents and Settings

Go to your username (Has to be one where you use your AIM on or it won&#39;t work)

Go to Application and Data*

Go to AIM

Go to your screen name

Edit the file "info.htm" file

within <body></body> is the area you put your text. You have no limit. Enjoy&#33;

AIM was built by saten himself, and gaven to those who follow but dont know there under the influence. Beat that demon and send him on its way.

WOW THANKS

Mik3ll
09-24-2003, 03:39 AM
and for other OS&#39;s, go to c:&#092;windows&#092;application data&#092;aim&#092;<screen name> and info is in there

Schuler
09-24-2003, 06:25 AM
I think I tried using that info thing once and it still cut my info off. I&#39;m not sure though rely back some information for me squirrel.

Cl1mh4224rd
09-24-2003, 07:36 AM
Yes, it still cuts it off. I believe the limit is 1024 characters. The great part is... the built-in profile editor puts in so much extra crap, so if you know basic HTML (we&#39;re talking real basic here, with it&#39;s arms and legs cut off), you can eliminate most of the fluff.

But, when I was using AIM, the trick I used to get more out of my profile was to put a link to page I had hosted on some free webspace.

&#60;a href=&#34;http&#58;//www.host.com/aim/aboutme.html&#34; target=&#34;_self&#34;&#62;About Me&#60;/a&#62;

Don&#39;t forget the target="_self", or else it will just fire up your default browser. The best part of this is that you can use server-side scripting languages, like PHP, as the link target. Using this method, a little PHP script that I wrote, and a Winamp plugin, I was able to create a list of the most recent MP3s I had listened to, which was accessable through my AIM profile.

Illuminati
09-24-2003, 08:23 AM
AIM is short for AOL Instant Messenger, which obviously is run by AOL Time Warner. I&#39;d have thought both of them points would have steered you clear of it :blink:

Anyway - There are other alternatives to the AIM program. Clean AIM is known to be AIM without any form of ad/spyware (But it could be like K-Lite and have more features as well), or you can use a multi-IM client; Trillian connects to five networks (MSN, ICQ, Yahoo&#33;, AIM, IRC) at once without many of the disadvantages of each network&#39;s primary client. If you prefer another network to AIM, you can just tell your mates about Trillian (if you want) and hook up on more than one network.

Secret Squirrel
09-25-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Illuminati@24 September 2003 - 08:23
AIM is short for AOL Instant Messenger, which obviously is run by AOL Time Warner. I&#39;d have thought both of them points would have steered you clear of it :blink:

Anyway - There are other alternatives to the AIM program. Clean AIM is known to be AIM without any form of ad/spyware (But it could be like K-Lite and have more features as well), or you can use a multi-IM client; Trillian connects to five networks (MSN, ICQ, Yahoo&#33;, AIM, IRC) at once without many of the disadvantages of each network&#39;s primary client. If you prefer another network to AIM, you can just tell your mates about Trillian (if you want) and hook up on more than one network.
Does this hav e alimit on the profile? (Trillian)

Mik3ll
09-25-2003, 01:47 AM
go here www.unlimitedprofile.com you can get an unlimited profile

Monkeee
09-25-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Mik3ll@25 September 2003 - 01:47
go here www.unlimitedprofile.com you can get an unlimited profile
noo go to infiniteprofile.com &#33;&#33;&#33;

Cl1mh4224rd
09-25-2003, 06:53 AM
Gah. Just get a Geocities, Angelfire, or some other free hosting service account, and make your own, like I described...