PDA

View Full Version : Should Trading be totally Stopped???

prasannab13
05-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Should Trading be totally Stopped???
Are there any BT forums allowing trade????
Why you opt for trading rather than offering them based on member???
Who first started TRADING??? BT forums or its members asked forums to start???

Post your views on above questions??

Advantages:blink: or Disadvantages:(

Added poll

The_Martinator
05-08-2009, 11:58 AM
There have been several very similar threads (with polls) if memory serves.

My answer: yes. It damages trackers' security. But there will alwaysbe people who don't care about that and those, who just want to get into a rarer tracker, so they can show off with it.

So yes it should be stopped, but I don't see it being stopped. At least not in the near future.

susiserken
05-08-2009, 11:59 AM
If people wanna trade let them, if they dont then dont its as easy as that imo :?

bilkenter
05-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Not at all,
Trading allows
1)leads to awesome friends which is to whom trackers wants invites to go to in the first place
2)dedicated people to join certain tracker, One wouldnt actually bother trading if he didnt care for the invite or an account. Also what matters is not whether one traded or not but what he did in the site when he got in via trading. If he is a good member after a trade, then it is nonsense to talk about trading being bad
3)allows you to change accounts between people who actually needs them. Because of the current system, people may end up giving invites to the people they know and trust, if the invite is to a specialized tracker like tt, then invites might end at the end of people you know and trust but not at the hands of trance fans. Honestly two real examples to this from my experience are those
a) a friend of my friend has tt with quite buffer, he is not into tt, probably someone gave him his account, yet it ended up at the hands of someone who has no interest in trance elektro house music.
b)Again a friend of my friend was invited to ftn, yet he cheated on ftn, if you are to tell this to someone, he would probably laugh at it.He might have a reason, yet if we are to let invite get into the hands that we know and trust, it might end up at the hands that really dont give a crap about it at all. This is the reason, i think he cheated anyway.

Trading Disadvantages
1)You might cause security breach by trading your accounts or invites...If you are to give account or invite to someone for profit or another account, then you actually cause a security breach because the member you invited might turn out to be an MPAA or RIAA agent who is willing to pay to get into a certain site so that it can gather information to sue the tracker. They can even apply for being uploaders get close to admin and arrest him.
2)Since you have no idea of who you invite usually, that might bring ratio-cheaters, bad users, traders, account sharers into tracker which in the end cause tracker quality to decrease. Think about it, if you invite ratio-cheaters to a tracker, then they would seem to be uploading yet they wont actually be uploading, thereby increasing the burden on other peoples shoulders. Does anyone have right to do that? I highly doubt. Also some people live in USA in which MPAA or RIAA activies are probably a lot more effective than anywhere in the world, therefore if you actually risk someone unknown to get into that tracker, you actually might cause your fellow pirates to be arrested just BECAUSE OF YOUR MISTAKE OF INVITING SUCH A USER. AGAin you dont have any right to do that.

3)Just like Stoi said, if you give trade your invites or accounts, then you might get a global ban since obviously trackers will let other trackers et cetera.
4)You will feel constant fear of getting banned. At least on some trackers.
Those points are all fine, yet as long as you know who you trade with, there is no problem regarding security breach or bad invitee.

Sorry my english, i wasnt eager to write this, just for your sake, in case i didnt enjoy it at all writing it, same issues bore you to death. Anyone willing to contribute so that we can make this a stickie and get rid of this issue once and for all.

jason1337
05-08-2009, 12:40 PM
u cant stop it.

prasannab13
05-08-2009, 12:44 PM
added some questions so please post your views on those questions

The_Martinator
05-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Are there any BT forums allowing trade???? Yes, you're looking at one.

Why you opt for trading rather than offering them based on member??? Sorry, don't understand this one. I do not opt for trading.

Who first started TRADING??? It's in people's nature. Everyone respect something in return. Except that here you get invites for free (mostly) and then you want something in return. That's just greedy and wrong imo, but that's capitalism, lol.

BT forums or its members asked forums to start???
Don't know. Tbh, does it matter?

OnEyM
05-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Who first started TRADING???

The peoples who want to get money by fraud. Accounts and invites on "high level sites" don't cost the money some people are asking for them. In fact, they don't cost sheet.

So I think that if FST prohibited trading it will not disappear. Those who want to trade will still be traders. However, if this happened, more dedicated people will join trackers, cause there won't be any l3v3l5.

Hope u anderstud me. OK kTHxbuy

Rigel9
05-08-2009, 02:00 PM
posting polls like this should be a bannable offence >.>

sez
05-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Should Trading be totally Stopped???
Yes it should and so should we totally stop using our cars in an effort to stop global warming.Go GrEEn!..but that again is highly unlikely.
Are there any BT forums allowing trade????
Yes there r.this one is one of them.pm anyone in the trades section for others.
Why you opt for trading rather than offering them based on member???
Good question.though /me mi5undaZt00dz u..but av heard of people who do it 4 fun i.e as a sport,so they dont care.
Who first started TRADING???
If my memory serves me right,trading started on tracker forums and it was very much encouraged..
BT forums or its members asked forums to start???
Mhh..the eGG or the chicken question,but to answer u,demand begets supply.so no BT forums didn't start it!

Advantages:blink: or Disadvantages:(

advantages:

-u get trackers that u dont deserve.

-You become good at this anonymity business i guess lol.

-You can afford yourself multiple lives as you can hit and run on any site,get banned and still be there tomorrow,not many are able to do that...

disadvantages:
-Its wrong.

-defeats the purpose of BT being free access.

-You are in essence snitching as you make it easier for the enemies of filesharing to gain access into these trackers.snitches get shot u know :whistling:

-You won't enjoy that FTN say you get it as like many have said b4 you will realise that the content is the same as on SCC,GFT and TL,not knowing that its community that sets trackers apart as you seldomly visit tracker forums in an effort to lay low..double slow now,but eventually they will get you.

-Global ban isn't anyone's idea of fun i would think.

-sow a thought,and u will reap an act,sow an act and you will reap a habit,sow a habit and you will reap a character,sow a character and u will reap a destiny.ask anyone attending AA sessions to elaborate that.
It will soon become an addiction,trading will get old and you will soon start selling invites,when selling gets old,shit may just decide to spill into your RL...

Its BT,so why dont we just let it be BT,clean with only scene drama to deal with!

KFlint
05-08-2009, 03:15 PM
It's been discussed to death, true. But just don't post if you think it's not worth it instead of flaming.

Posts removed. Stay on topic.

stoi
05-08-2009, 03:18 PM
1)leads to awesome friends which is to whom trackers wants invites to go to in the first place

OK not going to get involved in this, as in the OPs question, i havnt even read the other posts apart from this 1st point.

But how can trading on a public forum, where all you ask for is a speedtest and a couple of ratio proofs, lead to good friends that a tracker wants??

Sorry but you have totally fucking lost me there.

Once the trade goes down, you will never hear from them again, even if they are in your invite tree.

You never tell them how the tracker works, they dont know you, dont know anyone else on the site, so just keep themselves to themselves, and you cant get them involved, because you traded, so you have to keep a low profile as well.

Trading does the complete opposite 99.9% of the time.

Dont talk to each other
Dont help each other
Dont care about each other
If he cheats, and you get banned, not a problem, just trade again with someone else to get in again.
Both hide in the community, yes you may download and seed your asses off, but peeking out from behind that is a no no, and i mean Forums and IRC.

If every member, on every tracker, was a trader, there would be no community, and just everyone downloading but not seeding (using the buffers up from the traded account). Basically trackers would just die.

klixexhha
05-08-2009, 03:22 PM
If everything is open, there will be no trade

ĴÔĶĚŘ
05-08-2009, 03:25 PM
if u need trade stop

pm every tracker staff and tell them to open sign up alwys

and we will not need trade any more

The_Martinator
05-08-2009, 03:28 PM
If everything is open, there will be no trade

Are you on a spamming spree?

Anyway, nice thought. Just one problem: MPAA or whoever can sign up. What then?

stoi
05-08-2009, 03:29 PM
No trading will stop.

Joining, hit and running, banning, sign up again
Joining, Cheating, Banning, Sign up again

That will be prevelent.

bilkenter
05-08-2009, 03:33 PM
1)leads to awesome friends which is to whom trackers wants invites to go to in the first placeOK not going to get involved in this, as in the OPs question, i havnt even read the other threads apart from this 1st point.

But how can trading on a public forum, where all you ask for is a speedtest and a couple of ratio proofs, lead to good friends that a tracker wants??

Sorry but you have totally fucking lost me there.

Once the trade goes down, you will never hear from them again, even if they are in your invite tree.

You never tell them how the tracker works, they dont know you, dont know anyone else on the site, so just keep themselves to themselves, and you cant get them involved, because you traded, so you have to keep a low profile as well.

Trading does the complete opposite 99.9% of the time.

Dont talk to each other
Dont help each other
Dont care about each other
If he cheats, and you get banned, not a problem, just trade again with someone else to get in again.
Both hide in the community, yes you may download and seed your asses off, but peeking out from behind that is a no no, and i mean Forums and IRC.

If every member, on every tracker, was a trader, there would be no community, and just everyone downloading but not seeding (using the buffers up from the traded account). Basically trackers would just die.
I should probably have said might lead to awesome friendships. When i first started torrenting, i traded with this guy, in time, we get to know each other a lot better, i first sent him Cod4 game via cargo, then we shared invites with each other rather than trade... trade was a phase for us to pass to a friendship, he came to our university, we talked face to face, he is studying for university entrance exam, i helped him with some issues regarding issues, anyway the point is the the first accounts that i traded my seedbox for led to nice memories, thanks to him, i have seen most of the sites available, iplay bithumen, ethor, m-vid any other, well they werent stable, i havent used them at all, just seen for a few days to make up my mind. I cant say he is the ideal guy for the torrent community since he had 2 sct accounts et cetera, he even offered me one of them, all i am saying even though he isnt the ideal torrenter, he actually cared about other people too. He could trade his other sct account or tt account with huge buffer, yet he chose to share it with me, he is a good guy no matter how torrenters see him. Sometimes i kinda feel like whether i shall report him or not though, but would you? I doubt anyone would try to harm someone from whom they have only seen kindness. I shared my seedboxes with him et cetera, we still talk even though we dont need invites anymore. So i should probably said it might lead to amazing friendships. This is what he is to me, a friend that is there for you when you need even though he was the guy i traded in the beginning. He is kind enough to let other people share his seedbox, he doesnt belong to selfish, careless, irresponsible profile drawn by most torrenters. Though you are right, i traded with few guyz, i think the number is three, yet other 2 turned out to be like what you said. One of them was ovisan here. He claims to be good torrenter lecturing me about obeying rules, not to be trader, uploading stuff, being active on tracker et cetera...

cinephilia
05-08-2009, 03:43 PM
keep in mind that your story is an exception to the rule..

The_Martinator
05-08-2009, 03:46 PM

It's obvious from the story itself. IN 2 out of 3 cases trading didn't turn out to be good for him.

bilkenter
05-08-2009, 03:49 PM
This is why i am not against trading, there are always exceptions and noone holds right to punish them because of certain majority. Those guys shall actually be rewarded rather than silenced in bt communities. At least my opinion.

It's obvious from the story itself. IN 2 out of 3 cases trading didn't turn out to be good for him.

Actually they were trustworthy too, but they were quite obsessed with trade or what they could get via their invites or accounts. I couldn't set up such an amazing friendship with them, yeah. But the guy i am talking is definitely a legend. Yet the friendship i experienced with the guy is actually worth that i can lose all for his sake actually. I lost scc for his sake actually, he wanted to look at it, i let him i trust the guy a lot, i lost a 1 tb buffer yet i dont regret it at all. If i was given chance to do it again, i would have done the same thing.

shipwreck
05-08-2009, 03:49 PM
So I get it, the real intention of traders is to spread love and make this world a better place.

Trade for world peace! Let's have a group hug people!

fearthenet
05-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I definetly think that trading should be stopped I come from very nice community that believs in antitrading ;)

The_Martinator
05-08-2009, 03:51 PM
This is why i am not against trading, there are always exceptions and noone holds right to punish them because of certain majority. Those guys shall actually be rewarded rather than silenced in bt communities. At least my opinion.

Just 1 problem, who are these guys and how do we find them?
Let's say a staff at a tracker says that. Suddenly a shitload of traders comes into the open and all of them say they're the good guys bilkenter was talking about @ FST.

Stellar
05-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Should starting flame wars be totally stopped???

AkaiDoresu
05-08-2009, 04:05 PM
How does trading destroy trackers security and giving away doesn't??

If you want to stop trading be objective and stop giveaways as well because they ARE both against the any tracker's rules.

BT is free even if you trade it... you don;t have to pay money. God I wish sometimes noobs didn't have any voice on this forum. One day you condemn trading and second day you ask for free invites. Who started this idiotic anti-trading, pro-giveaway fashion? They are both technically illegal practices so please noobs be quiet I understand your pain that you can't get anywhere and the easiest to blame is people who do have invites and don't want to give them to you.

Have you read the rules of any tracker? Have you? What does it say about giving away. So you dare to point out how other people break rules while you do that on a daily basis?

Kids.

bilkenter
05-08-2009, 04:08 PM

Just 1 problem, who are these guys and how do we find them?
Let's say a staff at a tracker says that. Suddenly a shitload of traders comes into the open and all of them say they're the good guys bilkenter was talking about @ FST.
I never said all traders are cool guyz, some are jerks no denying that. Especially if one is doing it for money, if he doesn't have a special case, then ban him without no mercy, but keep in mind, the guy you are banning might be someone with great potential. Just dont be conditioned to believe that all traders are evil, selfish, irresponsible who are actually Also, you can implement a guardian system like, someone who can vouch for that trader(especially someone who actually contributed something to the site have a nice ratio et cetera) that way we would have kinda filtering system for traders, we cant get all traders, yet we can actually diminish the victims of current perception of traders. Those guys are quite rare mate, yet most of the people that are believed to be non traders turned out to be traders in fact is using someone elses account on certain trackers. This is what i learnt in bt world. There is noone clean, most of the people are dirty. They are good guys, they definitely are willing to put their trust on other people, yet they tell staff otherwise act a lot differently. Those guys shall be revealed without any punishmend, i know some. I am sure there are a lot of guys who can vouch for the kinda traders that i am talkiing about. It is a long story really. Sorry gotta go xD study xD

The_Martinator
05-08-2009, 04:14 PM

If you want to stop trading be objective and stop giveaways as well because they ARE both against the any tracker's rules.

BT is free even if you trade it... you don;t have to pay money. God I wish sometimes noobs didn't have any voice on this forum. One day you condemn trading and second day you ask for free invites. Who started this idiotic anti-trading, pro-giveaway fashion? They are both technically illegal practices so please noobs be quite. I understand your pain that you can't get anywhere and the easiest to blame is people who do have invites and don't want to give them to you.

Have you read the rules of any tracker? Have you? What does it say about giving away. So you dare to point out how other people break rules while you do that on a daily basis?

Kids.

I very rarely give my invites here and I've decided to do it in private a long time ago.

So you're saying we should all just keep our invites for our RL friends? Public GAs are against tracker rules, the ones at private forums aren't imo.

shipwreck
05-08-2009, 04:16 PM
I have never traded in my life, and I have been on private trackers from the beginnings. The only guy I invited to a site was a RL friend, and that came back to haunt me because he somehow managed to get banned (he is a relative computer illiterate, and no way has a clue about cheating and such). Took quite some effort to fix the account for him again, I don't even know if he still uses it.

So your generlisation is wrong bilkenter, there are people out there who don't trade.

bilkenter
05-08-2009, 04:21 PM
I have never traded in my life, and I have been on private trackers from the beginnings. The only guy I invited to a site was a RL friend, and that came back to haunt me because he somehow managed to get banned (he is a relative computer illiterate, and no way has a clue about cheating and such). Took quite some effort to fix the account for him again, I don't even know if he still uses it.

So your generlisation is wrong bilkenter, there are people out there who don't trade.
I didnt say all are same, i said most mate, as far as i remember though might be wrong because i was in rush, yet you are right. There are pure clean sheeps. But most are gray. I mean how is it that 4 out of 5 guys that i know are actually traders or traded in their past? some still are... I dont think this is coincidence mate. Even on elitist trackers, in fact, regarding u ftn fsc, most of the people that i know from those communities are pure traders. I am not saying they are not good guyz, yet they are traders. They believe in going with stream, if you are with a cheater cheat, if you are with someone anti trader, then be an anti trader.... that is how they conduct, actually it is wise too, i mean knowing that trackers dont tolerate traders, why would they say that i am a good trader knowing that they dont wanna hear it?

AkaiDoresu
05-08-2009, 04:25 PM
"IMO"...

Why don't you PM tracker staff and ask them what they think about you giving away invites on FST. Don't be surprised if you get disabled.

I'm not saying that we should keep invites for ourselves and our RL friends. This is what trackers want us to do. But I'm saying trading is as "bad" as giving away. If you think that some shitty ratio proofs are measures of security than LOL. Besides if you trade you can technically ask for ratio proofs as well. So trading from one perspective brings exactly same consqeuences onto the tracker - I was doing plenty of GA and guess what, half of my invitees from FST was disabled. If it comes to traders it's very rare you will see your invitee disabled.

So question of tracker security and other crap is irrelevant here. It's equally "destructive". The remaining question is pure ethics. Is it fine to trade it. And I will tell you that YES. It's fine because is totally up to you what you do with your invites. The only exeption is when you have to pay money. See, I was invited to many great trackers as a giveaway and I always felt gratitude so I invited these people somewhere esle as well. So even though it was technically a GA we exchanges invites just like trade. Do you consider that bad? I don't think so? Why? Because now days people (especially noobs) are getting very frustrated that they can't obtain some of the trackers they wish they had. They make request for FTN, and no one wants to invite then but in the trading section they see a guy trading FTN invite. What do these people think? - I would say they think: "What an f-in asshole... I want invite and he has one, but he won't give it to me". Here you go. I just explained why noobs are so anti-trading. It comes from pure noobness and hipocracy that isn't a pretty thing so they cover that and say "it's for tracker security puroses". BS.If you were concerned about tracker security you wouldnt even speak about this tracker on forum like this. (example E****).

shipwreck
05-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Just for clarification: I am no 'anti-trader' either, because I generally have a problem with 'denunciation', so for me, those anti-trader zealots are probably not any better than the 'professional' traders they try to 'hunt down'.

I just don't see any need for trading, that's all. If I want to invite someone, I do it because I trust him / her, and want to do him / her a favour, not because I want something back in return. If I get something back, fine, but that's not the motivation, it should not be at least.

Invite trades are one thing, however, there really is nothing that justifies account trading IMHO.

AkaiDoresu
05-08-2009, 04:38 PM
shipwreck I can totally agree with you.

But it also depends on one's perspective. If you feel satisfied with what do have then trading is pointless.

It is not that easy when you want some high-level tracker like FTN, TT and these aren't common Give Aways.

Glitterstep
05-08-2009, 04:41 PM
geez..the OP is a trader..
He's one helluva hypocrite...criticizes trading,but himself trades

sez
05-08-2009, 04:42 PM

BT is free even if you trade it... you don;t have to pay money. God I wish sometimes noobs didn't have any voice on this forum. One day you condemn trading and second day you ask for free invites. Who started this idiotic anti-trading, pro-giveaway fashion? They are both technically illegal practices so please noobs be quiet I understand your pain that you can't get anywhere and the easiest to blame is people who do have invites and don't want to give them to you.

Kids.

the difference between the two is a faith thing.One is wrong the other isnt...

AkaiDoresu
05-08-2009, 04:43 PM

Kids.

the difference between the two is a faith thing.One is wrong the other isnt...

You forgot to add,according your "faith".

btw.OP : http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php?searchid=4239693

shipwreck
05-08-2009, 04:50 PM
I can see the appeal of 'high level trackers', and some of them are indeed worth the trouble. For example, I heard a lot of good things about Hdbits, a tracker I am not a member of, but I am aware that it's rather difficult to join that site. Since I am pretty much into HD movies, and this is supposedly the best HD tracker, I can't deny the appeal.
Still, I would not trade invites of other 'high level trackers' I am actually on for a HDBits invite, because I generally don't like that 'trader mentality'.

bilkenter
05-08-2009, 04:59 PM
I can see the appeal of 'high level trackers', and some of them are indeed worth the trouble. For example, I heard a lot of good things about Hdbits, a tracker I am not a member of, but I am aware that it's rather difficult to join that site. Since I am pretty much into HD movies, and this is supposedly the best HD tracker, I can't deny the appeal.
Still, I would not trade invites of other 'high level trackers' I am actually on for a HDBits invite, because I generally don't like that 'trader mentality'.
what trackers you think are worth? hdbits only? seriously i am wondering because i will get in and make a review. I have been on some of the high lvls, yet was huge disappointment really. I havent been only on hdbits, ftn, e... maybe a few more aside from tt, all other high lvls were disappointment.

shipwreck
05-08-2009, 05:02 PM
TT is worth it if you are into electronic music. Especially when it comes to older, rare stuff (early 90s and earlier), TT is an excellent choice.

So I'd say that the specialised "high level trackers" are probably worth it the most.

bilkenter
05-08-2009, 05:13 PM
TT is worth it if you are into electronic music. Especially when it comes to older, rare stuff (early 90s and earlier), TT is an excellent choice.

So I'd say that the specialised "high level trackers" are probably worth it the most.
TT is great, i agree with specialised high lvl trackers, they are definitely worth. I can purely pay 50 dollar just to get in tt, tt definitely deserves it. Yet other general trackers, i highly doubt. A friend of mine asked my opinion on certain site recently, he has been looking for it for 1 year and half to get in, gosh it was such a waste of time, i kinda blame staff for it, forcing people to chase after a site that isnt worth chasing for 1 year and half... That is pretty freaking. Staff shall actually engage in dialogues regarding their sites a lot more. Or their members shall do it otherwise more and more people will end up looking for disappointment.

Falchion17
05-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Yes! I was really looking forward to getting into GFT this weekend but they closed it due to traders!

Louie
05-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes! I was really looking forward to getting into GFT this weekend but they closed it due to traders!

No they close it due to ass kissers.:hug:

shipwreck
05-08-2009, 05:33 PM
TT is great, i agree with specialised high lvl trackers, they are definitely worth. I can purely pay 50 dollar just to get in tt, tt definitely deserves it. Yet other general trackers, i highly doubt. A friend of mine asked my opinion on certain site recently, he has been looking for it for 1 year and half to get in, gosh it was such a waste of time, i kinda blame staff for it, forcing people to chase after a site that isnt worth chasing for 1 year and half... That is pretty freaking. Staff shall actually engage in dialogues regarding their sites a lot more. Or their members shall do it otherwise more and more people will end up looking for disappointment.

The attractiveness of a tracker boils down to the tracker exclusive content IMHO. Everyone needs general trackers, of course, but some of the very best ones are relatively easy to join. So a "high level" general tracker can simply not be as attractive as a "high level" tracker with specialised, tracker exclusive content, simply because you can easily find the content of that "high level general tracker" (God I hate this....) elsewhere. And as far as pre times are concerned, the differences are really marginal when it comes to 0day content.

Some sites do actually want the 'elitist' touch. This is likely influenced by the 'real scene', where this kind of attitude is prevalent.

Falchion17
05-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Invites: CLOSED!!!!!!!! \o/ There wont be any invites in saturday most you can thank to Traders! We will be open when FST closes for good ^^

This was the message.

cinephilia
05-08-2009, 05:48 PM

i agree with this point.
well-motivated requests should be the only way to get into a tracker imho.

The_Martinator
05-08-2009, 05:50 PM
"IMO"...

Why don't you PM tracker staff and ask them what they think about you giving away invites on FST. Don't be surprised if you get disabled.

I'm not saying that we should keep invites for ourselves and our RL friends. This is what trackers want us to do. But I'm saying trading is as "bad" as giving away. If you think that some shitty ratio proofs are measures of security than LOL. Besides if you trade you can technically ask for ratio proofs as well. So trading from one perspective brings exactly same consqeuences onto the tracker - I was doing plenty of GA and guess what, half of my invitees from FST was disabled. If it comes to traders it's very rare you will see your invitee disabled.

So question of tracker security and other crap is irrelevant here. It's equally "destructive". The remaining question is pure ethics. Is it fine to trade it. And I will tell you that YES. It's fine because is totally up to you what you do with your invites. The only exeption is when you have to pay money. See, I was invited to many great trackers as a giveaway and I always felt gratitude so I invited these people somewhere esle as well. So even though it was technically a GA we exchanges invites just like trade. Do you consider that bad? I don't think so? Why? Because now days people (especially noobs) are getting very frustrated that they can't obtain some of the trackers they wish they had. They make request for FTN, and no one wants to invite then but in the trading section they see a guy trading FTN invite. What do these people think? - I would say they think: "What an f-in asshole... I want invite and he has one, but he won't give it to me". Here you go. I just explained why noobs are so anti-trading. It comes from pure noobness and hipocracy that isn't a pretty thing so they cover that and say "it's for tracker security puroses". BS.If you were concerned about tracker security you wouldnt even speak about this tracker on forum like this. (example E****).

There is one place where I offer my invites and if I asked the staff about it, they'd say it's a great site. I'm sorry for you, but I didn't start of at FST. Besides I ask for profile links 95% of the time, unless I know the person.

2.) It's a whole other thing mentioning a tracker and trading your way in or making a GA/REQ. IMO.

AkaiDoresu
05-08-2009, 05:57 PM
"IMO"...

There is one place where I offer my invites and if I asked the staff about it, they'd say it's a great site. I'm sorry for you, but I didn't start of at FST. Besides I ask for profile links 95% of the time, unless I know the person.

2.) It's a whole other thing mentioning a tracker and trading your way in or making a GA/REQ. IMO.

If you havent noticed which you havent, there are no E**** GA, Trades or mentioning. LOL, what kind of tracker you are talking about. I'm talking about respected trackers that many users pursue and your probably talking about some garbage tracker that invites everyone who is willing to spend 2 minutes writing a request.

RexNex
05-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Very simple way to stop trading.... Close down invites (like Hdbits did).... and its all the better for it.

cinephilia
05-08-2009, 06:04 PM
why not simply requesting the tracker(s) you wish to get into?
no matter what the level is as long as the request is well-motivated with 'real' arguments (and not full of those sophisms we generally see in every single request).

for the record, i know at least one fst member who managed to get into FSC after making a decent request... so why not?

Stellar
05-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Very simple way to stop trading.... Close down invites (like Hdbits did).... and its all the better for it.
Then that leads to account trading. :P

Really though, I'm against trading and haven't done it before. I tend to agree with cinephilia in that with a good request it's possible to get into nearly any tracker.

This whole thread is devolving into a gigantic flamewar though. Really, with such subject matter of course that was bound to happen.
It's not realistic for trading to be stopped completely. If trading was forbade on this forum, users would just move to others. Better for there to be a large, easily monitored forum to view trading activity than to have to sort through the splinter forums that would be created if trading was stopped here. History has shown that prohibition rarely works and often backfires. Totally prohibiting trading here would just make the whole trading situation worse.

callme
05-08-2009, 06:42 PM
yes or no - nothing will change. delate started exactly the same thread not so long ago. skizo posted something about wind, i don't remember for sure what, but it was mean that trade will allowed here

The_Martinator
05-08-2009, 07:03 PM

If you havent noticed which you havent, there are no E**** GA, Trades or mentioning. LOL, what kind of tracker you are talking about. I'm talking about respected trackers that many users pursue and your probably talking about some garbage tracker that invites everyone who is willing to spend 2 minutes writing a request.

And by respected you surely mean above level 5, right? :naughty:

Anyway, I meant Waffles, for instance.

Zaxx
05-08-2009, 09:00 PM
At the risk of over simplifying things, it all comes down to respect. The people that own/run these trackers are putting their asses on the line in one way or another just running the site...the server bill(s) has to have someones name on it after all.
So, considering the staff/owners are taking that risk so I can have a place to d/l the latest stuff at high speed in a 'safer' private environment, if they say do not trade invites to their tracker, thats IT! No ifs, ands or buts about it! THEY are the ones taking the risk, therefor their invite rules (and all others) should be respected without question. I speak a bit from experience...I once leased a server in my name to help with a tracker I staffed and that 'what if?' question does sit in the back of your mind and when you see people doin stupid shit re:invites I can/does strike a nerve.

drew
05-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but people trade bittorrent sites like baseball cards? That's wild. I'm not really sure what to think about it, but the overwhelming majority in this thread seems to think it is a bad thing, so I'll trust that. I don't really see why someone would bother though.