PDA

View Full Version : Batman Vs Superman

Secret Squirrel
09-24-2003, 05:11 AM
Batman-He has battle tactics

kAb
09-24-2003, 05:20 AM
:rolleyes: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showto...63038&hl=batman (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=63038&hl=batman) :D

a while ago i upped it to batman and spiderman vs superman

celerystalksme also made this topic here:

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showto...62677&hl=batman (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=62677&hl=batman)

but movieworld people tend not to visit the lounge, so this will be good.

Monkeee
09-24-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel@24 September 2003 - 05:11
Batman-He has battle tactics
SUPERMAN!!! he's a man o steel!

{I}{K}{E}
09-24-2003, 07:00 AM
<_< <_<

olibomb
09-24-2003, 07:35 AM
Superman would very easily win it

silent VI
09-24-2003, 07:37 AM
super man cause i don tthink bat man had super pwers just a costume btw ne know what spamming is

Monkeee
09-24-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@24 September 2003 - 07:37
btw ne know what spamming is
Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.

To send unsolicited e-mail to.
To send (a message) indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups.

:P :P :P :P

chalice
09-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Batman has already slapped Superman silly in The Dark Knight Returns and in John Byrne&#39;s Generations.
However, Swamp Thing has punched lumps out of Batman and saved Superman from kicking the bucket.
So even if you put Batman and Superman as a tag team in the ring against Swamp Thing, Swamp Thing would just be busting Batbones and ripping out superspleens all over the place.

Busyman
09-24-2003, 11:44 AM
Batman has files on weaknesses of every superhero. He took precautions in case one would turn (JLA). I&#39;d have to say Batman.

Superman would in a quick fight however let&#39;s say Batman was unsuspecting.

silent VI
09-24-2003, 11:52 AM
:P Batman has already slapped Superman silly in The Dark Knight Returns and in John Byrne&#39;s Generations.
However, Swamp Thing has punched lumps out of Batman and saved Superman from kicking the bucket.
So even if you put Batman and Superman as a tag team in the ring against Swamp Thing, Swamp Thing would just be busting Batbones and ripping out superspleens all over the place. :P

but thats in a book

chalice
09-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@24 September 2003 - 11:52
:P Batman has already slapped Superman silly in The Dark Knight Returns and in John Byrne&#39;s Generations.
So even if you put Batman and Superman as a tag team in the ring against Swamp Thing, Swamp Thing would just be busting Batbones and ripping out superspleens all over the place. :P

but thats in a book
And your point?
It&#39;s not in a book. It&#39;s in a comic. The source for the films.
My, you certainly enjoy your spam.

RGX
09-24-2003, 12:01 PM
Hmm, I reckon superman would swing it, because he has super powers where as batman has to rely on human strength, and technology, but I certainly prefer batmans gothicness to supermans dayglo outfit :D

But as a character, Batman is far better for me

Guillaume
09-24-2003, 12:05 PM
You guys are all wrong&#33;

The movie producers would win&#33; :P

Darth Sushi
09-24-2003, 12:58 PM
Batman is gay. Think about it: a millionare who lives alone with a teenage boy waring short tights. :rolleyes:

Gre1
09-24-2003, 01:32 PM
This topic is self explanatory and common sense of course Batman would win.....Hell naw Superman is will kill that character. Batman is a regular man, Superman comes from a different planet.

kdm172
09-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Batman would he is smart and has tons of gadgets and everything

MetroStars
09-24-2003, 02:57 PM
I hate superhero crossovers, granted Batman and Superman r dun by DC Comics but still they sud stck 2 keeping these heros in their own world...

and how the hell does no 1 know Clark Kent is Superman they look Identical :lol:

Gre1
09-24-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by kdm172@24 September 2003 - 09:43
Batman would he is smart and has tons of gadgets and everything
What are gadget going to do to Superman. Is going to shoot the rope around Superman and tie him up. <_<

puk:))
09-24-2003, 03:05 PM
i&#39;d like to say batman as he is far cooler than superchump but as it is batman (even with all his gagets) is still only human & would have the shit kicked out of him before you can say holly brused batmess.

reasoning for this....... superman can move so fast he can make the world spin the other way...very cool party trick & nuff said me thinks :D

Hyperspam
09-24-2003, 03:40 PM
Superman would definately kick some Batman heiny&#33;&#33;
The reason for this is that all Batman has is Money and technology. He doesn&#39;t really have any Superpowers. Superman on the other hand...he may be just some poor jerk, but he is an alien with super powers that Batman could never possess not even with all his money. However if Superman ever won the lottery he would be able to afford the technology which Batman possesses. So no competition here, Superman would win...no ifs ands or buts.

MetroStars
09-24-2003, 03:52 PM
why wud Superman want 2 win the lottery he cud just rob a bank.... but if corse he has 2 b a gud guy...

if i had powers like superman i wud choose 2 b a bad guy, no doubt about it

Hyperspam
09-24-2003, 04:05 PM
well the other reason he would want to win the lottery is because he would have to rob a LOT of banks if he were to have as much money as Batman. LOL
I think Superman might be a little bit too lazy to rob THAT MANY banks. ;)

Mr. Peabody
09-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Why not just crush coal into diamonds with his emence strength.
I guess Batman could get some kryptonite,that would be it for Superman.

Hyperspam
09-24-2003, 05:34 PM
I wonder why Superman has never thought of using A biohazard Suit to avoid contact with Kryptonite? :blink:

Busyman
09-24-2003, 07:25 PM
You guys obviously don&#39;t read comics. Look in JLA. Ra&#39;s Al Ghul found the files that Batman had on the rest of the team and defeated all except Batman (including Supes). Batman has too many tricks. He has a plan for everything and then a back up (except when Bane broke his back).

MetroStars
09-24-2003, 07:30 PM
You guys obviously don&#39;t read comics. Look in JLA. Ra&#39;s Al Ghul found the files that Batman had on the rest of the team and defeated all except Batman (including Supes). Batman has too many tricks. He has a plan for everything and then a back up (except when Bane broke his back).

I have read the comics....

And when Bane beat batsy within an inch of his life, that was sum gr8 comic reading :lol:

Grimlock
09-24-2003, 07:53 PM
Superman can throw batman into the sun for christs sake&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;(batman wouldn&#39;t even know what was going on because it would happen at super speed, be prepared with your files for that bitch)

Busyman
09-24-2003, 08:02 PM
Gotta catch him first. Superman wasn&#39;t prepared when Al Ghul used those files to defeat him, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and others. This isn&#39;t speculation. It&#39;s in the books already.

I know you read&#39;em Metro.
They also fucked up using Bane like that in Batman and Robin. STUPIDSTUPID
Hollywood had a 3 movie story arc in the bag and fucked it up.
I liked the new Batman (Azrael).
He was more ruthless (had a scary suit though)

Grimlock
09-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Gotta catch him first????? It&#39;d be like a train trying to catch you if you ran down the tracks(towards it) superman&#39;s speed rivals the flash. If they didn&#39;t make him out to be a clumsy fool all the time in comics he would trash the shit out of batman hands down.
I thought azrael was too much of a nutjob bruce was way better(it&#39;s easy to stop a criminal if you just kill him).
I do however wholeheartedly agree that they really fucked up the bane character in the movie I mean what the hell he was one of the smartest guys out there he used cunning to beat bats not just his awesome strength. In the movies he&#39;s borderline retarded.

AngryChick
09-24-2003, 08:32 PM
I like Batman way more than Superman but come on people. There is no way that Batman could ever win. Not only is Superman faster than a bullet, he has x-ray vision, and heat vision (that he could use to blast poor Batman before he finished his last gasp). If bullets richochet off Superman&#39;s body then what is a Bat-a-rang gonna do to him?

Now everyone is going off on some other spin offs about Swamp Thing and Spiderman, but the question is whether or not Supe could kick Batsy&#39;s ass and the answer is OF COURSE HE COULD&#33;

Anyone who mentions kryptonite, just know that if Batman has some then Superman will also fight dirty too. I mean if it&#39;s a fight to the death.

I know Batman is smart, but he wouldn&#39;t finish a thought before Superman crushed his skull.

Busyman
09-24-2003, 08:41 PM
You gotta think though. Yes Bats would lose if ya dropped them in a ring or had them arm wrestle. But if what you say is the case, why does Supes EVER get his ass kicked (and he has been beaten many a time). Hell he&#39;s been outsmarted by frigging Lex Luthor and he has no powers either. If read Superman, Action Comics, JLA or others you&#39;ll see what I mean.
I thought the same way before. YEA SUPES HAS X-RAY VISION, HEAT VISION, SUPER SPEED AND STRENGTH, AND CAN FLY. HE&#39;S THE MOST POWERFUL.

All of that can be defeated...........if your&#39;re smart

By the way isn&#39;t Authority&#39;s Midnighter a rip-off of Batman?

Grimlock
09-24-2003, 08:49 PM
Busy I have decided to boycott replying to your posts out of self respect.

BILLY-THE-FISH
09-24-2003, 09:28 PM
Superman would Kick Batman&#39;s ass&#33;&#33;&#33;
But then again they would both get beatings if they were ever to come up against...................................

BILLY-THE-FISH&#33;&#33;
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bebi
09-24-2003, 10:50 PM
It depends, if Batman has krpytonite he would win easily, if he didnt superman would win easily, and knowing batman he will have some kryptonite (he does in the cartoons and comics)

Busyman
09-24-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Grimlock@24 September 2003 - 20:49
Busy I have decided to boycott replying to your posts out of self respect.
uhhh yea ok little bud. You&#39;ve had a bug up your ass about me for awhile so thanks.
Stop taking yourself and others so seriously. You&#39;d live alot longer.
(it&#39;s a frigging thread about comic characters DAMN&#33;)

OH YEA
BILLY-THE-FISH couldn&#39;t beat Aquaman :lol:

luh ya ;)

Secret Squirrel
09-25-2003, 12:12 AM
Ok wel u guys are debating over how " o superman has super powers" but think about it. All that power and no brains? Batman has power I.E. Tech,money, and shit and im not saying superman can&#39;t get thsoe things cuz hell HES SUPERMAN but all with ur reasoning doesn&#39;t make sense. "Superman has SUPER CRAZY POWERS SO HE"LL LOSE TO BATMAN HE CAN FLY AND DO ALL THAT SHIT" YES HE CAN&#33;&#33;&#33; But then if thats ur reasoning why does he ever get beaten at all? Have u guys guessed it yet? YES&#33;&#33; ITS BECUZ HES A DUMFUCK. ALL THAT POWER AND NO BRAINS. Face it batman has POWER + BRAIN

BATMAN WILL PWN SUPERMAN

Monkeee
09-25-2003, 12:27 AM
superman can just use his super speed and strip BATMAN&#33;&#33; :P :P :P

fr600
09-25-2003, 12:37 AM
Superman...

ObLiViOuS_1.0
09-25-2003, 12:47 AM
BATMAN WOULD KICK HIS ASS MAN HES A RICH ASS PIMP&#33;&#33;&#33;
and a ninja :ph34r:

The Horror fanatic
09-25-2003, 12:58 AM
in a fair fight batman would beat superman hands down. piece of kryptonite and batman would kick supermans ass into next week. enough said.

ObLiViOuS_1.0
09-25-2003, 01:02 AM
freddy vs. jason you think that would be scarry but think of this batman vs. superman... you damn bastard you slept with catwoman&#33;&#33;&#33; and i was as fast and as hard as a speeding bullet&#33; you peice of shit i will now cut off your genitals with a baterang. if you could catch a man as fast as a speeding train fat fuck&#33;&#33;&#33; AHHHHHHHH&#33;&#33;&#33; and the dvd would have a secret ending when the other one wins and it would be so cool come on think of the mayhem the mayhem&#33;&#33;&#33; it would be so mayhemlicious :blink: :blink: :blink:

ObLiViOuS_1.0
09-25-2003, 01:06 AM
oh my god i might make a flash movie couldnt you see it now&#33;&#33;&#33;

BATMAN :ph34r: VS. SUPERMAN :pirate: : WHO&#39;S BABY IS IT o:) ?

because we all know that catwoman is a ho ho ho :santa: :santa: :santa:

and that batman is a radioactive ninja :nuke: :ninja:

Secret Squirrel
09-25-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by ObLiViOuS_1.0@25 September 2003 - 01:06
oh my god i might make a flash movie couldnt you see it now&#33;&#33;&#33;

BATMAN :ph34r: VS. SUPERMAN :pirate: : WHO&#39;S BABY IS IT o:) ?

because we all know that catwoman is a ho ho ho :santa: :santa: :santa:

and that batman is a radioactive ninja :nuke: :ninja:
OMG MAKE IT NOW NOW I SAY&#33;?&#33;?&#33;

AngryChick
09-25-2003, 05:55 AM
Come on guys, you all know that the reason Superman ever loses (the exception being if kryptnite is envolved) is because he&#39;s a pansy-goody-two-shoes type who always tries to see the good in everyone. He knows he can kill anyone he wants to, anytime he wants but then that would make him a bad guy, and not the painfully sickening mama&#39;s boy that he is. It&#39;s not that Superman is dumb, it&#39;s just that he is too fucking nice and polite and goody-goody and that&#39;s why I don&#39;t like him. (he&#39;s no fun&#33;) Face it, Batman&#39;s big brain wouldn&#39;t have time to finish a thought if Superman was serious about killing him. The only way he would have a chance in hell is to use kryptonite.

A normal man with lots of money and brains just can&#39;t compete with a "superman" who is faster than a bullet, has x-ray vision and heat vision, who can fly and bullets richochet off his body and not to mention his encredible super strength. Like someone said before, Superman could easily take Batman&#39;s belt before he would even realize it was gone.

AngryChick
09-25-2003, 05:58 AM
Oh yeah,

Horror Fanatic, a fair fight between Superman and Batman would be if Batman had kryptonite? I think that&#39;s NOT fair. Batman would have to take his belt off then so neither of them have any type of edge.

Nesseight
09-25-2003, 06:23 AM
I would have to go by time periods, eg) expertise. Batman is smart. But Superman&#39;s IQ in some comics puts Einstein to shame, and in others he has powers that makes Vader&#39;s telekenisis seem like a slight wind. As far as Kryptonite though... everyone that Superman fights seems to have a chunk of it, and somehow he still wins.

The thing that is really hotly discussed is who would win between Superman and Goku. They both have simular powers but Goku isn&#39;t bound to physics and doesn&#39;t have any weakness short of getting beat to a pulp by someone stronger. Many would say that "Goku can win, He can blow up a planet" and others would say "Superman would easily catch that blast and save the planet" then someone else would say "Superman is weakened by Kryptonite" and others would say "Goku is too noble to use Kryptonite"

The truth is Goku is dead, I killed him, &#39;twas easy. Superman decided not to try anything against me anything in fear of his own life, he saw how many super-hero decals I had painted on my Ford and decided that it would be best not to annoy me. So we&#39;ll never know who would win between Superman and Goku.

As far as Superman and Batman... again we&#39;ll never know because I caved-in the batcave and I doubt batman will be getting out any time soon, he&#39;s probably living off of bats right now. Either that or he did get out and how he&#39;s being anonymous... like pretending to be a hobo or something. I am sure he&#39;s in fear, because if I could do that so easily to Goku... I doubt Batman would stand much of a chance.

[B][O][T]
09-25-2003, 06:25 AM
Superman was My hero :)

BOT

Secret Squirrel
09-25-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Nesseight@25 September 2003 - 06:23
I would have to go by time periods, eg) expertise. Batman is smart. But Superman&#39;s IQ in some comics puts Einstein to shame, and in others he has powers that makes Vader&#39;s telekenisis seem like a slight wind. As far as Kryptonite though... everyone that Superman fights seems to have a chunk of it, and somehow he still wins.

The thing that is really hotly discussed is who would win between Superman and Goku. They both have simular powers but Goku isn&#39;t bound to physics and doesn&#39;t have any weakness short of getting beat to a pulp by someone stronger. Many would say that "Goku can win, He can blow up a planet" and others would say "Superman would easily catch that blast and save the planet" then someone else would say "Superman is weakened by Kryptonite" and others would say "Goku is too noble to use Kryptonite"

The truth is Goku is dead, I killed him, &#39;twas easy. Superman decided not to try anything against me anything in fear of his own life, he saw how many super-hero decals I had painted on my Ford and decided that it would be best not to annoy me. So we&#39;ll never know who would win between Superman and Goku.

As far as Superman and Batman... again we&#39;ll never know because I caved-in the batcave and I doubt batman will be getting out any time soon, he&#39;s probably living off of bats right now. Either that or he did get out and how he&#39;s being anonymous... like pretending to be a hobo or something. I am sure he&#39;s in fear, because if I could do that so easily to Goku... I doubt Batman would stand much of a chance.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

silent VI
09-25-2003, 10:12 AM
:P GO goku :P

Bebi
09-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@25 September 2003 - 11:12
:P GO goku :P
damn dubbie :P

Turd Ferguson
09-25-2003, 02:02 PM
No, you&#39;re all wrong. I believe the answer is: "Who gives a toss?" :P

MetroStars
09-25-2003, 03:18 PM
No, you&#39;re all wrong. I believe the answer is: "Who gives a toss?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheDeadMeister
09-25-2003, 03:22 PM
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

You do, otherwise why would you look at this topic

Secret Squirrel
09-25-2003, 10:35 PM
I want that flash movioe that guy wuz talkin about....

The Horror fanatic
09-26-2003, 03:23 AM
man has the flash come into it now. i thought it was about how batman would kick superman&#39;s ass. As for the flash they did do a movie and then a series too. i know because i watched it. it was not brilliant, but was worth watching.

eng60340
09-26-2003, 03:29 AM
if batman can use a kryptonite vs superman. i suppose superman can just detonate a nuclear device near batman. batman would just die. and superman can still live after that.

The Horror fanatic
09-26-2003, 03:34 AM
what i would like to add to this is the fact isn&#39;t superman the more prone to save lives. it just a thought and could be his main weakness for batman to exploit. which of course put an end to any neuclear device theory in my view because it could kill others.

AngryChick
09-26-2003, 05:19 AM
Batman is prone to save lives too, though so the fact remains that Superman COULD survive a nuclear bomb whereas Batman could not.

vader
09-26-2003, 05:57 AM
first off, superman and secondly,superman and thirdly get real superman. I have never appreciated how some writters make supes out to be not to smart. I mean get real , the guy reads a book in a blink , basicaly accumulates knowledge at an unimaginable rate and think of all the senses , thousand times more in tune. Truth is Sup&#39;s would be kicking in the bat cave door while Bruce was still getting dressed. Now if you ask " Could the Batman assasinate Superman" without Superman being aware of the threat then yes, Bruce is smart enough to give it the best shot. But not in an attack fashion, he&#39;d loose . F :rolleyes: ace it GL got a better chance of actualy kicking Superman&#39;s ass&#33;

Monkeee
09-26-2003, 06:01 AM
i&#39;m just saying batman would lose to superman but batman is way cooler on all his gadgets and i prefere to ike batman better then superman&#33;

SaGe FrAnCiS
09-26-2003, 06:38 AM
:lol: i agree aqua man rules all :blink:

Adster
09-26-2003, 11:21 AM
umm batman :huh: coz hes more of a bad ass

Secret Squirrel
09-26-2003, 03:38 PM
Superman=Total Panzy/Pussy
Batman=L337&#33;&#33;&#33;

N£MO
09-26-2003, 04:06 PM
http://www.ee.washington.edu/events/1998/halloween/batman.gif

Batman to win&#33;&#33;

Secret Squirrel
09-27-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by N£MO@26 September 2003 - 16:06
http://www.ee.washington.edu/events/1998/halloween/batman.gif

Batman to win&#33;&#33;
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ultimatejester
09-27-2003, 12:22 AM
superman

Cheese
09-27-2003, 12:43 AM
Well my heart says Batman but my head knows it&#39;d be Supes all the way...

Batman needs to be fighting someone in his own league, say Judge Dredd. That&#39;s a fight that would rock&#33;

Secret Squirrel
09-27-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Withcheese@27 September 2003 - 00:43

Batman needs to be fighting someone in his own league, say Judge Dredd. That&#39;s a fight that would rock&#33;
Judge Dred? Some one refresh my memory of him plz

chalice
09-27-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@27 September 2003 - 00:43

Judge Dredd and Batman have already had a rucus in Judgement On Gotham.
Judge Dredd pretty much brutalises Batman the whole way through it but it&#39;s left open for another round. Simon Bisley does the art and it rocks.

Secret Squirrel
09-27-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by chalice+27 September 2003 - 12:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chalice @ 27 September 2003 - 12:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@27 September 2003 - 00:43

Batman needs to be fighting someone in his own league, say Judge Dredd.&nbsp; That&#39;s a fight that would rock&#33;
Judge Dredd and Batman have already had a rucus in Judgement On Gotham.
Judge Dredd pretty much brutalises Batman the whole way through it but it&#39;s left open for another round. Simon Bisley does the art and it rocks. [/b][/quote]
nonono some1 tell me WHO judge dred iz lol i for got :(

Wolfmight
09-27-2003, 06:00 PM
Heh it&#39;s really more of a 50/50.. They would fight for days

Vyrus
09-27-2003, 06:50 PM
didnt supperman give batman a kryptonite ring in case he turned evil he could use it against him? I&#39;ll say batman cus I askedmy friend and he said he remembers that but not from where <_<

Busyman
09-27-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Vyrus@27 September 2003 - 18:50
didnt supperman give batman a kryptonite ring in case he turned evil he could use it against him? I&#39;ll say batman cus I askedmy friend and he said he remembers that but not from where <_<
I don&#39;t remember that but Batman does have Kryptonite waiting for him.

nonono some1 tell me WHO judge dred iz lol i for got

Set in the future in a world where Judges are judge, jury, and executioner. You get judged right on the spot (whether your&#39;re on the street or at home). There is a movie starring Sylvester Stallone which wasn&#39;t too bad (this might jog your memory).

zinc1
09-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Sorry I know this is the wrong place to ask but all you marvel fans are here so i&#39;ll just ask you lot.

Is there a Justice League of Super Heroes Movie or series or something?

chalice
09-27-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Busyman+27 September 2003 - 20:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 27 September 2003 - 20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vyrus@27 September 2003 - 18:50
I don&#39;t remember that but Batman does have Kryptonite waiting for him.

nonono some1 tell me WHO judge dred iz lol i for got

Set in the future in a world where Judges are judge, jury, and executioner. You get judged right on the spot (whether your&#39;re on the street or at home). There is a movie starring Sylvester Stallone which wasn&#39;t too bad (this might jog your memory). [/b][/quote]
Busyman, I&#39;m forced to disagree about that film being "not too bad".
That film was the worst atrocity afflicted on comic fans ever.
The first and probably only real reason for this is that Judge Dredd does not remove his helmet...ever. And what happens as soon as Sly gets his mitts on it?
Helmet removed, straight out of the stalls, myth destroyed, what a load of bollocks. Man, I was personally offended.

I grew up reading Judge Dredd and 2000AD and I&#39;m sure you know that this was the place where a lot of venerated mainstream comic writers cut thier teeth. The comic, stretching back since 1977 was and still is a hub of diverse talent. Such was the mystique and unswerving nature of Dredd that to take off his helmet and reveal his face was unthinkable. Especially when the face that was revealed was Sly Stallone, ffs.

That film in no way represents what JD is about.
I can&#39;t believe I waited 13 years watching the process of that film only to be soul-shatteringly disappointed.

Busyman
09-27-2003, 10:23 PM
uhhh ok. Sorry I wasn&#39;t waiting 13 years for the movie and for me, the movie wasn&#39;t ruined just because I saw Dredd&#39;s face. The movie itself, sans the helmet removal, was no masterpiece anyway. Your&#39;re right though in that Hollywood could have left the helmet removal for a sequel at the very least (BUT THERE WILL PROBABLY NEVER BE ONE :blink: )

That film was the worst atrocity afflicted on comic fans ever.

That honor probably goes to The Punisher (starring Dolph Lundren)

As far as comic book movies go, I like (in order)

Blade
X-men
Blade 2
Spiderman
X2

Blade was the first movie in a really long time that I actually went to the movies more than once (unheard of) to see. It and part 2 are a rarity in that they are NOT made for kids.

Grimlock
09-27-2003, 11:16 PM
I can agree with this post
*edit* except I enjoyed xmen2 more than spiderman

judgeofallandnothing
09-27-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Vyrus@27 September 2003 - 18:50
yea in the HUSH storline by Lee and Leob. Batman told catwoman that superman gave him a krptonite ring. And then Batman and Superman fought

Busyman
09-28-2003, 12:34 AM
Alright&#33;&#33;&#33; another avid comic reader

Evil Gemini
09-28-2003, 02:52 AM
Bat man would win if his suit was made out of Kriptonite but in a fair fight superman would tear batman a new ass hole.

WMcheesemaster
09-28-2003, 03:28 AM
Superman would win because batman is weird and gay.
I mean he kept a small boy in a cave.

Tikibonbon
09-28-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by WMcheesemaster@28 September 2003 - 03:28
kinda like a "certain" member kept funky in a closet.............

AngryChick
09-28-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by WMcheesemaster@28 September 2003 - 03:28
no, superman would win because he is superman.
maybe you are gay if you are reading into batman and robin that way.

judgeofallandnothing
09-28-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by neattairoski@28 September 2003 - 02:52
Bat man would win if his suit was made out of Kriptonite but in a fair fight superman would tear batman a new ass hole.
u knoe krpyonite emits low levels of radiation lol?

KaZaAgurl19
09-28-2003, 08:48 AM
I think Superman would win. but i like batman so it has to be batman.

AngryChick
09-28-2003, 08:49 AM
huh?

Cl1mh4224rd
09-28-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by vader@26 September 2003 - 06:57
Truth is Sup&#39;s would be kicking in the bat cave door while Bruce was still getting dressed.
Rofl&#33;

Ok, I&#39;m not a comic book reader, so... could someone fill me in on why (in the comics) Batman and Superman duked it out, and how Batman won (now, I&#39;m thinking because of that Kryptonite ring, maybe?).

Secret Squirrel
09-28-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by KaZaAgurl19@28 September 2003 - 08:48
I think Superman would win. but i like batman so it has to be batman.
? Wait their both gonna win ?&#33;? ?

judgeofallandnothing
09-28-2003, 08:33 PM
superman is too noble and wont abuse his powers and Batman does watever is necessary to win.

The Horror fanatic
09-29-2003, 05:04 AM
i agree with the last post. superman does have the preservation of life as a huge weakness in him. batman would do whatever to win.

Busyman
09-29-2003, 05:27 AM
Hey why not just copy and paste judgeofallandnothing&#39;s post next time :lol: :lol:

THE PASSWORD IS:

COME UP WITH SOMETHING ORIGINAL

The Horror fanatic
09-29-2003, 05:34 AM
i have never done that, so that will come in handy if i ever decide to do it. I do have another point to add. let say the two fought on krypton, then batman would win by a mile, or would he? The question also being if that could be possible too with the planet supposedly blowing up. But like a certain death star that had supposedly blown up they found a way to bring that back didn&#39;t they.

judgeofallandnothing
09-29-2003, 06:01 AM
in the comic book world anything is possible as long as the artist and writers get payed enough. ahaha.

Grimlock
09-29-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by judgeofallandnothing@28 September 2003 - 20:33
superman is too noble and wont abuse his powers and Batman does watever is necessary to win.
Batman doesn&#39;t kill either because he is always walking the fine line between being gothams saviour and becoming one of the same bad guys he is saving it from. He feels that if he was to take a life he would be just as bad as the joker and the others.

MUSLEMAN
09-29-2003, 01:45 PM
superman would win he would woop some batman arse :lol:

Secret Squirrel
09-29-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Grimlock+29 September 2003 - 13:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grimlock @ 29 September 2003 - 13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-judgeofallandnothing@28 September 2003 - 20:33
Batman doesn&#39;t kill either because he is always walking the fine line between being gothams saviour and becoming one of the same bad guys he is saving it from. He feels that if he was to take a life he would be just as bad as the joker and the others. [/b][/quote]
Tru........

Snee
09-29-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Grimlock+29 September 2003 - 14:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grimlock @ 29 September 2003 - 14:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-judgeofallandnothing@28 September 2003 - 20:33
Batman doesn&#39;t kill either because he is always walking the fine line between being gothams saviour and becoming one of the same bad guys he is saving it from. He feels that if he was to take a life he would be just as bad as the joker and the others. [/b][/quote]
Depends on which version you are talking about, An earlier incarnation of the comic had him act a bit less "noble".

That was a couple of decades ago though.

Grimlock
09-29-2003, 04:31 PM
Which version was that? I&#39;m not trying to be a smart ass I am truly curious.

Snee
09-29-2003, 04:52 PM
A fairly early one, might have been as early as in the forties.

At one point, and this is a paraphrase of something I read long ago; "Batman would have calmly let criminals drown in acid".

Have been searching for something more recent to show you but the links I found that sounded about right were dead, I&#39;ll keep looking though if you are really interested. I think I have an old Wizard special edition, about zero hour that talks about earlier batman, I&#39;ll look for it.

here&#39;s something to start with:

The emotional response this produced was mainly historic interest. I was surprised to see Batman kill with so little remorse, and I was interested to see how the superhero feel that pervades so many comics today hadn&#39;t really crept into these yet. I give it 4 out of 6.

Found it here:batman Archive vol. 1 review (http://www.bureau42.com/view/1493)

Busyman
09-29-2003, 06:13 PM
The Azrael Batman would kill without a second thought

Snee
09-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Yup, but the Azrael version had nothing on Bruce Wayne when it comes to brains.

I liked him better as Azrael anyhow, I&#39;ve got the first issues he appared as Azrael (the collected issues of that part of the series)+ All the Knight&#39;s fall issues when he became batman. The best azrael-version of batman visually appeared in the Punisher/Batman crossover, if you don&#39;t have it, you need it&#33;

Secret Squirrel
09-29-2003, 11:33 PM
Did any of u guys read superman vs doomsday? gets his ass KICKED + dies + comes bak

ForbiddenDNA
09-29-2003, 11:45 PM
Batman is just a normal human, but skillful martial arts. Superman is part of human but part of super power..Cmon now, come to your sense and predict who would win..

Can Batman destroy a whole building by his own strength?

Can Superman destroy a whole building by his own STRENGTH?

Superman can fly...

Batman can fly...after he gets punched by Superman.. :lol:

Grimlock
09-30-2003, 05:28 PM
That last line was sweet. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Secret Squirrel
10-01-2003, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by ForbiddenDNA@29 September 2003 - 23:45
Batman is just a normal human, but skillful martial arts. Superman is part of human but part of super power..Cmon now, come to your sense and predict who would win..

Superman can fly...

Questions here is WOULD Superman destroy a whole buildling by his own strength and juss incase u didn&#39;t notice SMALLVILLE STARTS TOMRROW ,TODAY IS SEPTEMER 30, 2003&#33;&#33;&#33;

In case u dunno wut small ville is u got some lite reading to do : http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Show/0%2c7353%2c||126%2c00.html

ForbiddenDNA
10-01-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel+30 September 2003 - 18:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Secret Squirrel @ 30 September 2003 - 18:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ForbiddenDNA@29 September 2003 - 23:45

Superman can fly...

Questions here is WOULD Superman destroy a whole buildling by his own strength and juss incase u didn&#39;t notice SMALLVILLE STARTS TOMRROW ,TODAY IS SEPTEMER 30, 2003&#33;&#33;&#33;

In case u dunno wut small ville is u got some lite reading to do : http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Show/0%2c7353%2c||126%2c00.html [/b][/quote]
I know the show SmallVille, and i&#39;m a fan of it. But hey, it start tomorrow? you mean the new episode for season 2?

AngryChick
10-01-2003, 04:39 AM
SUPERMAN WOULD WIN.

You guys can stop pretending that you read comics now because you obviously don&#39;t know who Superman and Batman are, if you believe that Batman would win.
:angry:

Busyman
10-01-2003, 04:48 AM
I am a comic book afficionado. Batman would win :lol:

AngryChick
10-01-2003, 04:59 AM
No, he wouldn&#39;t.

Superman could kill Batman 5 times over before Batman&#39;s body hit the ground. :P

Secret Squirrel
10-01-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by ForbiddenDNA+1 October 2003 - 03:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ForbiddenDNA @ 1 October 2003 - 03:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel@30 September 2003 - 18:57
<!--QuoteBegin-ForbiddenDNA@29 September 2003 - 23:45

Superman can fly...

In case u dunno wut small ville is u got some lite reading to do : http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Show/0%2c7353%2c||126%2c00.html
I know the show SmallVille, and i&#39;m a fan of it. But hey, it start tomorrow? you mean the new episode for season 2? [/b][/quote]
No first new episode of season 3 :)

Secret Squirrel
10-01-2003, 06:15 AM
in case u guys dunno wut smallville iz iz about clark(future supaman)LOL obviously anyways last season wuz a fuckin cliffhanger and i mean a HUGE cliffhanger he and lana (kristen kreuk) finally hooked up but under the influence of "bad" kryptonite he now ran off and is now robbing banks and stuff and Lex Luther is trapped on a plane in the middle of the ocean and is about to crash AHHHHHH CAN"T WAIT TILL TOMORROW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Grimlock
10-01-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Busyman@1 October 2003 - 04:48
You are a pole smoking aficionado(spelled with one "f" :) ).

kdm172
10-01-2003, 02:41 PM
Superman would win but I would want Batman to win. The only time superman is cool is in the smallvillle tv series

Secret Squirrel
10-02-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by kdm172@1 October 2003 - 14:41
Superman would win but I would want Batman to win. The only time superman is cool is in the smallvillle tv series
STARTS TODAY&#33;?&#33;?

Wolfmight
10-02-2003, 01:36 AM
Superman would use his super sex strength to rape batman, while Buttman would use his super farting ability.

Secret Squirrel
10-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Wolfmight@2 October 2003 - 01:36
Superman would use his super sex strength to rape batman, while Buttman would use his super farting ability.
:lol: :lol:

LOL SMALL VILLE WUZ AWESOME KRISTEN KREUK SO HOT

Busyman
10-02-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Grimlock+1 October 2003 - 13:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grimlock &#064; 1 October 2003 - 13:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@1 October 2003 - 04:48
You are a pole smoking aficionado(spelled with one "f" :) ). [/b][/quote]
Hey before I posted another reply on another thread I spelled Existenz with 2 x&#39;s instead of 2. "Exxistenz" . Were you going to spell check that too? :D

Anyways I thought you were boycotting my posts (which I was happy to hear). Grimlockyourmouth on that while you RIDE poles.

Winehorse
10-02-2003, 06:08 PM
We never know what can happen.. :ph34r:

I like Batman more&#33; :P

Grimlock
10-02-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Busyman+2 October 2003 - 16:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 2 October 2003 - 16:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Grimlock@1 October 2003 - 13:30
<!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@1 October 2003 - 04:48
You are a pole smoking aficionado(spelled with one "f" :) ).
Hey before I posted another reply on another thread I spelled Existenz with 2 x&#39;s instead of 2. "Exxistenz" . Were you going to spell check that too? :D

Anyways I thought you were boycotting my posts (which I was happy to hear). Grimlockyourmouth on that while you RIDE poles. [/b][/quote]
First off Busyman I think you are over estimating the importance of your posts to anyone chances are, if I haven&#39;t replied to it telling you what a numb nutz you are I probably haven&#39;t read it and could give a rat&#39;s ass about what incoherent ramblings you are on about.

Secondly I said I was boycotting your posts untill I saw something worth replying to. Well I felt it was worth calling you a dick suck.

Thirdly when you are trying to sound important about idiotic shit like who reads more comics try sounding like it might be possible that you have ever read anything other than comics.

Also if you weren&#39;t so "Busy with Men" you might realize these things for yourself before I have to point them out to your dumb ass.

Finally The only pole I have come close to in the bedroom was your mother&#39;s wooden leg :o .

*edit* also to all the people who "like batman better". Start a thread called who do you like better... this one is called "Who Would Win".

Busyman
10-02-2003, 07:58 PM
@(G)Rimlick
1. You MUST think I&#39;m important enough to warrant replying to a post about my lack of spelling. (which you are supposed to be boycotting)

2.Calling me a what&#33;&#33; Next time I&#39;ll come on your job and kick those dicks out of your mouth.

3. I don&#39;t need to sound important. I&#39;ve read the comics that most people haven&#39;t(including yourself). I KNOW that Batman HAS beaten Superman ALREADY and vice-versa. This thread is all hypothetical. Brawn vs. brains (you have neither)

4. If your mom is a man than I guess I was Busy.

Finally The only pole I have come close to in the bedroom was your mother&#39;s wooden leg
5. And DAMN&#33;&#33;&#33; :o You even admit to riding your ass up and down on my mom&#39;s wooden leg&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; YOUR&#39;RE SICK&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hey before I posted another reply on another thread I spelled Existenz """"with 2 x&#39;s instead of 2"""". "Exxistenz" . Were you going to spell check that too?

6. I knew you&#39;d point out the 2 x&#39;s instead of 2 bit. It was there just for my personal spell checker to pick up on. There ya go.....just like a predictable good little boy.

It&#39;s amazing what people say on here when they are out reach behind their screen names.

Oh and by the way...............I LIKE Batman better

Grimlock
10-02-2003, 08:03 PM
Including you , you little punk ass bitch. At least my posts are coherrent and intelligent compared to your high school wit and prose. Also saying you purposely put errors in your posts after they have been pointed out already by your intellectual superiors is the oldest forum trick in the book. be a little less predictable yourself dick suck.

How the hell would you know which comics I have read and which I haven&#39;t. Besides the fact that this thread is in movieworld which has absolutely Jack Shit to do with comics(you&#39;d know that if you really could read) I just said I came close to your mom&#39;s wooden leg in the bedroom I would never actually touch that ugly skank I was just filming the horse on girl on donkey action to put on sale on the internet(which reminds me tell her I have that &#036;3 dollars I owe her).

Oh and I presume that you meant knock the dicks out of your moms mouth at my work or did you just put that error in there to see if I would notice it?

Busyman
10-02-2003, 08:26 PM
I live in Washington DC. Come on over. We have the Washington Monument for you to ride up and down on. It&#39;s long and hard for you to sit on(your mom ...or dad, well ...whatever she/he calls herself these days says you like sitting on things like that).

And yes dipshit right befpre -"Exxistenz" . Were you going to spell check that too?

Also saying you purposely put errors in your posts after they have been pointed out already by your intellectual superiors is the oldest forum trick in the book. be a little less predictable yourself dick suck

You know what......I will admit......

Your&#39;re the SMARTEST DICK SUCKER that I have ever COME ACROSS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
You seem to actually think about every stroke you give and you give so much.
Try not to think so much.... unless when looking in the mirror your&#39;re thinking about how to get this look off your&#39;re face

:o :o :o :o :o :o .................due to sucking so much dick

2.Calling me a what&#33;&#33; Next time I&#39;ll come on your job and kick those dicks out of your mouth

What ....I&#39;m surprised you didn&#39;t catch that error here&#39;s the corrected version:

2.Calling me a what&#33;&#33; Next time I&#39;ll come on your job and kick those dicks out of your ass and mouth.

I guess that&#39;s more of an omission.

Grimlock
10-02-2003, 08:32 PM
Wow that was such an intelligent witty response(not bad for a retarded kid). From now on why don&#39;t you just copy paste all your responses from your second last one like that one.

Gre1
10-02-2003, 09:32 PM
Hey u guys, can&#39;t we all get along don&#39;t argue about Batman & Superman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grimlock
10-02-2003, 09:40 PM
Yeah sorry Gre Busy and I don&#39;t really see eye to eye, but thanks for putting things in perspective though. A lot of mine are just to make people who are reading this stuff laugh.

Secret Squirrel
10-17-2003, 02:37 AM
I didn&#39;t want to bring this thread back up in last weeks smallville Clark Kent&#39;s ultimate weakness came back to haunt him. Some low life guy with no money made kryptonite bullets and shot his sorry ass.

SO......

whats gonna STOP a MULTI-millionaire BRUCE WAYNE aka BATMAN from making kryptonite bullets?

3bqruk
10-17-2003, 03:36 AM
Batman would win.WHY? Because he would outsmart superman.He would find a way to either block out the sun(source of superman&#39;s powers)or he would use kryptonite against him.

ZaZu
10-17-2003, 04:29 AM
Depends on weather or not Batman could get

his hands on some Kryptonite.

If he could with his skills he could probable take

the man of steel :P

Secret Squirrel
10-17-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by ZaZu@17 October 2003 - 04:29

Yo did u see lsat times small ville? A little guy with no money got it

Whats gonna stop batman from gettin it

abu_has_the_power
10-17-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel+17 October 2003 - 04:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Secret Squirrel @ 17 October 2003 - 04:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ZaZu@17 October 2003 - 04:29

Yo did u see lsat times small ville? A little guy with no money got it

Whats gonna stop batman from gettin it [/b][/quote]
yea, some crazy lunatic shot and almost killed clark with a bullet made of kryptonite. wtf. batman, if the battle takes a couple of days, might actually beat superman. but if they were to come face to face, superman would rape batman

Wrongturn
10-17-2003, 06:08 AM
kimba the whit lion would kick them both

Celerystalksme
10-17-2003, 06:11 AM
:o :rolleyes:

Wrongturn
10-17-2003, 07:49 AM
:D :lol: <_< :ph34r:

silent VI
10-17-2003, 08:46 AM
;) super man hes SUPER :lol: cant beat that (well at least not a bat)

Secret Squirrel
10-18-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by DrunkeNStylE@17 October 2003 - 08:46
;) super man hes SUPER :lol: cant beat that (well at least not a bat)
Did u read the last few posts ;)

olibomb
10-18-2003, 08:22 AM
Your just wrong, Superman would be the likely winner...i just can&#39;t be bothered to say why :P

Wrongturn
10-18-2003, 08:28 AM
batman wedges superman cuts his ass apart superman goes to his mummys to get them taken out batman wins

silent VI
10-18-2003, 01:01 PM
:P super man is SUPER SUPER thats stronger than a man in a gay bat costume :lol: :lol:

karyn
10-18-2003, 01:09 PM
wtf batman is a guy in an overpriced suit with some crappy gadgets he makes in his basement... superman on the other hand is a super powerful alien being able to leap buildings in a single bound..

come on&#33;&#33; there&#39;s no competition here&#33;&#33;

mighty mouse wins..

:blink:

silent VI
10-18-2003, 01:14 PM
mighty mouse wins..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO ;) for shure against batman