PDA

View Full Version : Best client to find music on?

vato76
05-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi. I would like to know your opinions about which is the best p2p client/network to find music on. Im looking for some Luscious Jackson b-sides from the mid 90's but i cant find them on Emule or bittorent so im open to suggestions. Anyway, thanks everyone. :whistling

cinephilia
05-10-2009, 02:15 AM
if you don't want to bother with private trackers, bittorrent clients etc, the best way to get any music you like is defintely soulseek.

saulin
05-10-2009, 03:53 AM
Usenet for me, then rapidshare forums. I'm amazed by the rare stuff you can find on rapidshare forums.

djerholler69
05-10-2009, 10:20 AM
yep, I tried soulseek thanks to the reccomendations here previously, and you can pretty much find a lot of stuff unavailable on bt ;)

Col. Skillz
05-10-2009, 03:37 PM
SLSK ftw. only downside are the speeds, which make BT preferable yet

Funkin'
05-11-2009, 04:43 AM
I'm amazed by the rare stuff you can find on rapidshare forums.

I was also surprised by all the content on warez forums. If you don't feel like messing around with ratios, than Soulseek and warez forums are definitely the methods to use.

kakolokia
05-12-2009, 11:38 AM
for me it's only emule.

sake
05-12-2009, 01:21 PM
for me it's only emule.

Is it true that you are able to download from e-mule only if you have real static IP address? :unsure:

Spillage
05-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Is it true that you are able to download from e-mule only if you have real static IP address? :unsure:

It's not true .

Rigel9
05-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Sometimes you can find real gems on Soulseek, which are nowhere else to be found.

sake
05-12-2009, 03:46 PM

It's not true .

So i`ll download an eMule client :) I`ve heard that it is a very good source for music too :) Thank you!

iLOVENZB
05-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi. I would like to know your opinions about which is the best p2p client/network to find music on.:whistling

If you like P2P then look into SS/BT are probably he best. I should probably look at eMule again.

toshiya207
05-16-2009, 04:04 PM
you can defintely find the latest rls in the rapidshare forum~

bobster13
05-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Have you tried Piolet? http://www.piolet.com/ They have a free version that has some ad pop-ups, but other than that, I have been using that application for a while.

SPY
05-26-2009, 05:31 PM
I use Pilolet , is great

Spillage
05-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Have you tried Piolet?

Have you ?
Does it in any way positively answer the original questions, ie , what's the best client to find music on, followed by a subsequent specific artist/era query .

Is Piolet just spam, or a genuine answer to this thread ?

Anyway, in answer to the OP, the best client/method of finding music is whatever system brings home the bacon . I'd suggest using Soulseek, it's my first & often last call for obscure music . There's a shed load of Luscious Jackson available, so it's not inconceivable that your vague b-sides will turn up .

bobster13
05-27-2009, 01:27 AM
Have you tried Piolet?

Have you ?
Does it in any way positively answer the original questions, ie , what's the best client to find music on, followed by a subsequent specific artist/era query .

Is Piolet just spam, or a genuine answer to this thread ?

Anyway, in answer to the OP, the best client/method of finding music is whatever system brings home the bacon . I'd suggest using Soulseek, it's my first & often last call for obscure music . There's a shed load of Luscious Jackson available, so it's not inconceivable that your vague b-sides will turn up .

Yes, if you tread my post, it said I have used piolet for a while now. It's a simple program like winMX use to be.