PDA

View Full Version : Nba 08/09

Thatsgreat
05-09-2009, 09:20 PM
It's looking really interesting this year. I hope LA Lakers will face Cleveland in the finales, but you never know. They might be eliminated before that.

But Cleavland is looking really strong this year. They had an amazing home-record, only loosing 2 games.

Boston could go and win it all. But then they would have to play really good against Cleavland in a possible semi.

But as I said I hope that we will see Lakers against Cleavland in the finales :)
LeBron vs. Kobe... sounds nice.

random_
05-09-2009, 09:55 PM
yea, finals would be great if we could see this two amazing players fighting for their glory and champion ring on opposite sides

trevor2000
05-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Cleveland is looking really good,and i hope they reach the finals, Boston has got problems without Garnett and he probably won't play til the end of playoffs, and Lakers could lose their series against Houston, i'm hoping for the Cleveland vs Denver in the finals

Thatsgreat
05-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Yeah, cavs haven't lost a single game in the playoffs yet, they're really strong.

pffm
05-12-2009, 08:27 PM
king james is playing really good.. but in the end i think it'll be lakers vs cavs and bryant > james ! :)

The_Martinator
05-13-2009, 05:45 PM
king james is playing really good.. but in the end i think it'll be lakers vs cavs and bryant > james ! :)

I hope it doesn't come to that. I hate both those guys. It's a disgrace they're even compared to his airness.

brotherdoobie
05-15-2009, 02:58 AM

I hope it doesn't come to that. I hate both those guys. It's a disgrace they're even compared to his airness.

How can you hate James? His game is a joy to watch. You're obviously not a basketball fan, obviously, like.

-bd :snooty:

The_Martinator
05-15-2009, 09:44 AM

How can you hate James? His game is a joy to watch. You're obviously not a basketball fan, obviously, like.

-bd :snooty:

You obviously think that basketball is a game for bodybuilders. It should be more than just about strength. He has gotten better this last year, but for me it's not a joy to watch. When someone starts hitting 3s in a row and crazy shots start going in, then it's a joy. When someone breaks rules and gets away with it, cause he can dunk like an animal, that's not. But I'm not from the US.

Wth am I talking about?
Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH73R9GIbXg

You liked that, huh? I didn't.

Skiz
05-15-2009, 10:18 AM
He obviously appreciates the sport. There are players such as Shaq who are quite larger and loads of players who are of equivalent size. However, it should be about whatever they bring to the game. At least that's what a true basketball fan or sports fan appreciates.

You don't have to be their #1 fan but to call players like LeBron a "disgrace" is just mind boggling. The guy has done everything from winning rookie of the year by a landslide to being the current league MVP. He's proven himself time and time again.

Googling, here is a list of mentionable achievements:

* 2003 Naismith Prep Player of the Year
* 2004 NBA Rookie of the Year
* 2004 Best Breakthrough Athlete ESPY Award
* 2004 NBA All-Rookie Team
* 3× All-NBA First Team (2006, 2008, 2009)
* 2× All-NBA Second Team (2005, 2007)
* 5× NBA All-Star (2005–2009)
* 2× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2006, 2008)
* 1× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009)
* 2008 NBA Scoring Champion
* 2009 NBA Most Valuable Player Award

I guess he has to be better than "his airness" though to get any respect. :dabs:

EDIT: And he even gets blamed for the refs mistakes apparently. :lol:

The_Martinator
05-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Well, maybeI was a bit out of line. He is good. I just don't think he's as great as most people think.

I didn't (don't like) shaq either. It's true, that you have to have these kind of players on the team. they're just not superstars imo. For instance I like Mo Williams from the Cavs a lot more than I like Lebron.

The thing about Lebron, he could be the next Magic, there's always 3 players on him. I think he's starting to realize that by passing more. Also his shooting has improved this year. Still imo, he shouldn't strive to be the next MJ. Be the next Barkley or Magic instead, imo.

jetje
05-18-2009, 12:33 PM
James isn't my 1st pick either. I rather like the pointguards kinda play more.
Jason Kid is the man.... but i must admit James and Bryant are brilliant players that can lift the game to a higher level. They're no MJ.... yet. For that they need to win at least six titles and be game winning in a few really crucial matches!

btw (i still need to see the last Celtic game) i hope the Celtics will beat the Cavs in the final and win their consecutive title :)

Townsend
05-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Cavs vs Magic and Lakers vs Nuggets.....hope for cavs-Nuggets Finals but I think the Lakers will beat the Nuggets.

Btw James is by far the best player in the league....

The_Martinator
05-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Well, the Lakers lead 1-0 (kobe actually can hit free throws, wow) and so do the Magic (yay!).

Go Nuggets and Magic!!

Thatsgreat
05-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Damn, crazy buzzer-beater.

Too bad Magic didn't win. Could be fun with a final between Lakers and Cavs, but it's always fun when underdogs win.

The_Martinator
05-25-2009, 06:37 AM
Well, the Magic now won one. It's 2-1. It ain't over till it's over, lol.

Busyman
05-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Well now the Magic and the Lakers can close out their series'.

Who knew the Cavs would go down 3 - 1?

I think Denver will force a game 7.

I don't see the Cavs rattling off 3 straight vics. Lebron is doing everything (averaging 40+ points) and for the most part has been very efficient. One game he had 49 points and was 66% shooting ffs.

Moe Williams has to step up. For such a great shooter he has kinda sucked.

The_Martinator
05-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Well now the Magic and the Lakers can close out their series'.

Who knew the Cavs would go down 3 - 1?

I think Denver will force a game 7.

I don't see the Cavs rattling off 3 straight vics. Lebron is doing everything (averaging 40+ points) and for the most part has been very efficient. One game he had 49 points and was 66% shooting ffs.

Moe Williams has to step up. For such a great shooter he has kinda sucked.

8 teams in the history of the NBA have won after trailing the series 3-1. I don't think the Cavs will be one of them. It's 3-2 now and Williams did step up, but imo the Magic are just too good for them.

I also think the Nuggets will force a game 7 and I hope they win it. They will if they let Melo guard Kobe. J.R. Smith is too short for him.

SonsOfLiberty
05-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Lebron is not the best play neither is Kobe, it's D-Wade or even D-Howard aka Superman....And I hope to god the Lakers and Cavs both get beat.

The_Martinator
05-31-2009, 06:59 AM
Lebron is not the best play neither is Kobe, it's D-Wade or even D-Howard aka Superman....And I hope to god the Lakers and Cavs both get beat.

+1, though it didn't happen. The Magic are through and so are the lakers. Ho Magic! Kobe shouldn't win another ring, 3 are more than enough for him.