PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2 in-game teaser trailer

kaffeine
05-11-2009, 06:55 PM
UPDATE:
Check out the first multiplayer gameplay preview.

ZBJcOy6iuUc

////

Teaser:

Djjg79fsZIc

In-game teaser:

cvha8Dz_G_E

:01:

respawn40
05-12-2009, 08:05 PM
I saw that second trailer while watching the Celtics game. I can't wait until my issue of Game Informer gets here, as Modern Warfare 2 is the cover story! Also, I'm making sure to watch the Eastern Conference Finals on the 24th ;)

n00bz0r
05-13-2009, 12:28 PM
i am definitely waiting for this one :)

1000possibleclaws
05-15-2009, 06:08 PM
COD World at War is 50% off on steam. Might check that out, it's got decent reviews and 25$ is pretty good for such a new game

kaffeine
05-16-2009, 05:15 PM
That's a very good deal indeed.

I didn't like World at War that much though. After playing COD4, it feels like a downgrade.

1000possibleclaws
05-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Yeah I've been wanting to get COD4 but just got COD5 cause it's same engine and it's quite a bit cheaper. I'm betting COD4 will get a steam sale sometime over the summer anyways.

Cabalo
05-16-2009, 06:38 PM
That's a very good deal indeed.

I didn't like World at War that much though. After playing COD4, it feels like a downgrade.
Agreed 100%.
i still prefer Modern Warfare any time of the day. Actually, it's the game i most play in my free times.

respawn40
05-17-2009, 12:50 AM
I am eagerly awaiting this game's arrival. It's a midnight purchase for me :)

lostdemon
05-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Well I guess I'm the only one who prefers WaW over Modern Warfare.

I am addicted to World at War so much so that I'm in the top 150 in the world.

Don't get me wrong I liked COD 4 but 5 is better to me although I can't wait for modern warfare 2 to come out.

EhNam
05-18-2009, 02:12 AM
WAW would have been a great game if Modern Warfare never came out.

captain_dog
05-22-2009, 03:09 PM
I just saw the trailer and it looks promising.I really enjoyed WAW but Modern warfare was pure fun.If only it was longer...

kaffeine
07-29-2009, 06:44 PM
UPDATE: read the first post.

lolxd
07-29-2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks
we wait for it

karma1
08-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Can't wait for this

I love the part where u shoot and drive

Skiz
08-03-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm very aroused. :smilie4:

akirabou
08-19-2009, 12:05 AM
here is the new trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUmTdeaoiQ

enjoy

Johnny10
08-23-2009, 06:49 PM
I can't wait to play the game. I curently play COD Moder Warfare 1 and I think It will be a great modern game.

kaffeine
09-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Moar MP gameplay:
(we are finally going to have host migration!)

qmIycM9uOzk

mr. nails
09-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Moar MP gameplay:
(we are finally going to have host migration!)

was about to post this.

had to rub 1 out after watching this. looks excellent! one thing tho and i guess it's a console thing. if my game EVER stopped/resumed like it did @ the end of the clip i would stop playing. that's gotta be sum of the stupidest console shit i've ever seen. lol, hf with that. pc4life!

swizZ8
09-06-2009, 09:35 AM
i miss those CTF games, in q3 that was the best fun ever

towerblocks
09-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Some nice info i just came across for this super duper game.

NEW MAPS

A quick description of some of the new maps we've played...

Afghan: A rocky desert area with the ruin of a jumbo jet in the middle. We'd avoid hanging around here for too long as it's surrounded by some high cliffs and bunkers that snipers will love. We suspect most of the action will come at the top and bottom of the map where caves and ledges make everything a bit more intense.

Favela: A claustrophobic shanty town broadly divided into high-up rooftops and narrow ground level passageways.

Highrise: A more unusual urban setting, Highrise comprises of a half-finished highrise building with interior and exterior areas and a series of metal beams high above that can be used a sniper points. If you're clever it's possible to work your way from one side of the map to the other without being detected to launch a surprise attack from behind.

PERKS

Perks are now upgradeable - each perk has its own 'challenge'. When you've completed it you unlock a pro-version of the perk.

There are obviously a whole load of new perks but so far we've seen:

Bling: This gives you the ability to use two attachments on a single weapon, ie. you can tote the red dot sight and the grenade launcher at the same time.

Scavenger: Using this you grab ammo from enemy corpses automatically, ensuring you never run out of grenades.

Commando: Rubbing in the humiliation of a melee kill even further, the Commando perk gives you longer range on your stabbing attacks.

KILL STREAKS

Fist-pumping when you unleash one, potentially devastating when someone unleashes one on you, kill-streaks are back, upgraded and renewed. As well as the unlockable AC130, already teased by Infinity Ward via a much-analysed YouTube video, these are your basic kill streaks:

Get 3 kills: UAV - So how's this different to the last UAV from CoD 4 you might well ask? Ah, well you see, you can shoot this little bugger down.

Get 4 kills: Counter UAV

Get 4 kills: Care Package - By calling in an airdrop with a smoke grenade, a random reward is jettisoned to you. We've seen it give out a simple ammo refill and an instant advanced kill streak. Which was nice.

Of course, these are open to rest of the players on the map too, and show up on their radars. The tactical side of this is they can be used as cannon-fodder magnets.

Get 5 kills: Sentry Gun

Get 5 kills: The Predator Missile - This fly by wire missile not only lays the smackdown on its targets but also gives you a brief aerial view of the battleground so you

Get 6 kills: Precision airstrike

Get 7 kills: Attack helicopter

Get 11 kills: AC130

DEATH STREAKS

These are aimed at assisting less able players (read n00bs) and are the opposite of the Kill Streaks. If a player dies four times in a row without scoring a kill they are awarded a bonus (which has to be unlocked first). Here's the two we saw. (We died three times on PURPOSE, of course):

Copycat: This is the first you unlock and gives the player the chance to steal his killer's class for one round. Now they can see what it's like to have a good weapon.

Painkiller: Gives players an extra ten seconds of health after they respawn.

SECONDARY WEAPONS

You are no longer limited to a pistol as your secondary weapon. Available to you are a selection of machine pistols, shotguns and rocket launchers.

We can see this pleasing (spit) career snipers the most, as now they have a more powerful option if they get caught in close-quarters. Those rocket launchers come in useful for blowing UAVs AC130s and choppers out of the sky too.

ATTACHMENTS

These no longer refer to just red dot sights and scopes (which are still there), in MW2 attachments refer to 'skills' as well. The already revealed 'Akimbo' attachment for example allows a player to dual-wield weapons, and 'Rapid Fire' which is kind of self-explanatory. Suppression has also been made available on sniper rifles.

NEW SWAG

To up the ante in the war zone Infinity Ward has added a number of new weapons that you'll be able to use in your special grenade slot. We can see advanced players becoming experts with these very quickly so our advice is get in there early:

Semtex Sticky grenades (Anyone remember how good the sticky bombs were in TimeSplitters 2? No? Oh.)

A throwing knife (Getting killed by this is going to suck.)

A blast shield (Offers greater protection from explosions)

Tactical insertion (Sounds like it should be painful, but actually grants you the ability to chose your own respawn point. Useful for nobbling the person who just killed you from behind).

RIOT SHIELDS

By swapping out your primary weapon for a riot shield you can completely change your strategy. You're limited to using the riot shield as a defensive wall (it takes a fair few bullets) to distract and hold up an enemy but the advantage is you can can cave their heads in with it as well. If you swap to your secondary weapon the riot shield is hoisted onto your back to act as an ass protector.

Incidentally, using the riot shield in objective based matches like capture the flag still gets your team points, even if you are just using it as a distraction method rather than to kill enemies.

CALLSIGNS

Callsigns are a new way of rewarding players. Acting as a kind of big customizable plaque, they pop up when you get a kill or perform a specific action. Callsigns include a title, an insignia (not tied to your level), a background (there are loads of these to unlock) your gamertag and rank. More on these when we've explored them a bit.

HOST MIGRATION

This should stop those baby players quitting out and ruining the game for everyone else. Now games won't terminated if the host switches of their machine. A small, but fairly significant improvement.

Skiz
09-16-2009, 03:17 PM
The "Scavenger" perk is long overdue. I've been wanting this since the first CoD. :)

Cabalo
09-16-2009, 03:21 PM
/me drools

icarus
09-21-2009, 03:15 PM
yeah. this game's gonna be great. cant wait to lay my hands on it.

towerblocks
10-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Alot of new footage for single player campagin and mulitplayer, Also keep a look out for amanda mackay's tits in part 1 lol.

Exclusive Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Content - Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPMtIvA2MXw

Exclusive Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Content - Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-CpSlbiIx0&feature=channel

UZUMAKI
10-11-2009, 01:02 PM
For me, Game of the Year :happy:

kasuser
10-11-2009, 02:04 PM
those riot shields seem useless...a pistol can shoot through them?

love the ending of that video...