PDA

View Full Version : Request: Invite to busy music tracker

tainted87
05-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey all,

I'd be eternally grateful to a kind soul who could spare an invite to a music tracker with a high number of torrents (e.g. what.cd / softmp3 / waffles).

I would normally offer to trade for STMusic but it's been down a lot lately and I haven't been able to access it in a while.

Thanks a hell of a lot in advance

Tainted :rolleyes:

Funkin'
05-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Yeah...admitting that you would normally offer a trade is going to have people waiting in line to invite you somewhere.

Use Demonoid if you want a great music tracker.

tainted87
05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I know it's not a great situation. but hopefully somebody will be nice to me :)

sake
05-12-2009, 01:33 PM
What kind of music are you searching for?

tainted87
05-12-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm mostly into rock and alternative music.

I do actually have a demonoid account, but haven't used it for music before. I have invite codes for that if someone wants to trade

Now that STMusic is back up I also have STMusic invites to trade as well :)

Rikikii
05-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Trading is not the best way to get in trackers you want. ;)

MATEE100
05-12-2009, 02:19 PM
SoftMP3 is over :ermm:

tainted87
05-12-2009, 02:21 PM
damn, i heard soft was a good one.

why is trading not a good way to do it?

facedownassup
05-12-2009, 03:04 PM
I got the same problem, im looking for some decent / reliable scene mp3 trackers.
I'm on filemp3 and stmusic.

But many things won't get posted on filemp3 and they are very late on releases.
Stmusic is down so much and no updates at all...
Also a member on demonoid, but they ain't got scene releases, only home made stuff.

Hard knock life :P

Stellar
05-12-2009, 04:43 PM
why is trading not a good way to do it?
Many people don't want to put their precious accounts at risk. There are many of other reasons as to why you shouldn't do it. Someone will surely be able to explain this much more eloquently than I.

Honestly if you don't ever plan on considering trading again, you should go on the What.cd IRC and take the interview on their invites channel.

VinX
05-12-2009, 04:49 PM
It is easy to think that trading will get someone where he wants. In the end, only time will prove him wrong. I mean, if one considers trackers like baseball cards and one's objective is the "thrill" of the trade itself instead of the trackers I guess he might have some fun but he'll find himself doing it for the rest of his torrenting life because those who keep on trading keep on losing accounts for various reasons... A trader has to constantly start all over again. This is specially true with trackers with better security systems which, incidentally, are usually those that also have higher levels.

He might get a BitmeT* or a ScT today only to find that his account has been disabled some days/weeks after he has become a member. Invite trees crowded with traders tend to be more targeted by staffs because the odds of someone there doing something suspicious and indeed plain wrong are much greater.

Even if he trades and eventually becomes a fine useful member there he might find himself in the middle of something like that... thus having to start all over again in order to get the same tracker time and time again. He might even get lucky and manage to keep one of his traded accounts but that will be the exception.

If someone really loves P2P and wants to have the pleasure of looking at a 50 week old account that he built from scratch then he'll soon realize that trading is not for him. Climbing on user class, becoming a recognisable and respected member on the community, knowing that people will flock to fulfil one of your re-seed requests, getting invites to other trackers on the forums just because he is a good member there - no proofs.., the proof is in front of everyone's eyes. Don't know about the rest of you but for me it's also a pleasure to see that your invitees do well. Everyone takes pride in being the origin of successful invite trees. These things are priceless.

It's such a pleasure to introduce your login data and always be sure that you'll see the home page. It's such a pleasure to know that if something went wrong it's most certainly on the part of the tracker. It's such a pleasure to disregard the fact that your torrents suddenly turned "red" not bothering what the hell is the code of the error... you know it has nothing to do with you!

took it from tR .. so u thinking of giving up trading ?

tainted87
05-13-2009, 01:36 PM
point taken. :)