PDA

View Full Version : How did you get there?

Stellar
05-12-2009, 05:51 PM
So how did all of you come to be members of the private torrent sites you use? Some people are well-connected, others trade, a number of people get lucky, and a few have a combination of all three.

For me, it's mostly been about luck as I don't know anyone IRL who uses private trackers.

killercam101
05-12-2009, 05:57 PM
snakes and ladders --join 1 site (has access to another)... easiest way of course

VinX
05-12-2009, 05:57 PM
So how did all of you come to be members of the private torrent sites you use? Some people are well-connected, others trade, a number of people get lucky, and a few have a combination of all three.

For me, it's mostly been about luck as I don't know anyone IRL who uses private trackers.

for me it has been like luck + friends .. have very good friends .. i was a newbie and got many friends on IRC ... made very good friends and they invited me to bigger , better sites ... but i still dream of only one ... u know what .. i had a request :|

susiserken
05-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Friends,from torrent invites threads or sections on other trackers. Ive traded once it was a TL invite was scammed and he was banned for cheating the same day that was the end of trading for me :rolleyes:

Stellar
05-12-2009, 06:22 PM
snakes and ladders --join 1 site (has access to another)... easiest way of courseYeah I've done a lot of that as well. Waffles + What got me into a lot of really useful sites.

for me it has been like luck + friends .. have very good friends .. i was a newbie and got many friends on IRC ... made very good friends and they invited me to bigger , better sites ... but i still dream of only one ... u know what .. i had a request :|If you stop trying maybe you'll get into it eventually. :P

mrnobody
05-12-2009, 07:09 PM
rlf

staff

known fellow torrenters

unknown fellow torrenters

and of course open signup

cinephilia
05-12-2009, 08:05 PM
acquaintances and open signups.

respawn40
05-12-2009, 08:09 PM
rlf

staff

known fellow torrenters

unknown fellow torrenters

and of course open signup

Everything is the same for me, with the exception of the first ^

ĴÔĶĚŘ
05-12-2009, 08:11 PM
by luck in trade in the last

now by my friends

tippertime
05-12-2009, 08:22 PM
got into 1 pretty early in the game when it was open signups, only site I used for almost 2 years...then became a pretty high ranking member a p2p-talk(its gone now) and that got me into few other sites, which lead to meeting uploaders from other places in the forums and irc...and then it just snowballed from there...

took me longer then it should have to realize I only needed about a 1/4th of the sites I was a member of and I just let the others die..

DarkLured
05-12-2009, 08:44 PM
My introduction to private trackers came by accident when I stumbled upon a torrent on a public network that had been taken from Oink. I dug around a bit to find out what Oink was and got in during open signups, and got into other private trackers from there.

gionman
05-12-2009, 08:55 PM
a friend irl invited me to demonoid.
From there, I came across, thankfully anti-trading boards, and established myself and requested invites in ga's.
I've been pm'd out of the blue as well asking if i would like to join certain trackers.
And of course, establishing myself on trackers.

Funkin'
05-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I started at BCG with open signups. Then I just went from there. Made friends and they offered to bring me into other sites.

Albo Da Kid
05-12-2009, 09:41 PM
bcg with open signups and the rest through friends and giveaways

Funkin'
05-12-2009, 09:45 PM
I like your sig Albo. :)

Albo Da Kid
05-12-2009, 09:48 PM
well, thank you.. i wrote it with passion and great inspiration

Il_Professore
05-12-2009, 10:18 PM
kc101 hooked me anywhere...he dman

Albo Da Kid
05-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Hiiell yea.. killercam's a gangsta.. his OG days go back to the treetops

pentomato
05-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I learned on my own, reading a lot on ZP first and them slyck, never asked for invites or help from anyone, I just joined a forum like the one here, with open sign ups, the rest is history.

stoi
05-12-2009, 10:32 PM
No fucker liked me, so i opened my own.

lamuller
05-12-2009, 10:36 PM
But you are a nice guy stoi, how can nobody liked you?

stoi
05-12-2009, 10:39 PM
well it was a joke, but i bet there are a shit load of people that hate me now lol

AkaiDoresu
05-12-2009, 11:35 PM
networking with people + building good ratio / getting invites.

Also for trackers that are based around a specific topic like E****, AOM etc it's important to get involved in that topic, show some contribution, interest and these invites will come easily.

drew
05-13-2009, 04:57 AM
When The Pirate Bay decision was handed down, I began searching Google for possible alternatives. I came across a registration key to PreToMe and some blogs about torrents as well as this forum. I am just starting out, but the fear of getting caught on The Pirate Bay was what prompted me to find something better. Boy am I glad to have found PreToMe. I feel safe and the download speeds are fantastic. Plus it is cool to have a profile to track my progress.

Rigel9
05-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Joined OiNK when it was open and built my way from there.

sez
05-13-2009, 09:25 AM
People ought to start retiring :D

got invited to demonoid by a similarly n00b mate,who got in through googling for emails of people handing out invites till he got lucky..
Later on taught myself to IRC and 3hrs on TLs channel an upper invited me.The rest is history as they say but basically all the trackers that I frequently use i got through IRC..(got kicked alot of times from support chans. but eventually my stubborn-ness paid off :) )

all that said,i think its worth to give an honorable mention to http://filenetworks.blogspot.com
taught me alot!

manhunt007
05-13-2009, 09:59 AM
luck and trade

DanielleD87
05-13-2009, 10:58 AM
helping staff out on a bt site. you're guaranteed to go far if you are good to the community.

Polarbear
05-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Be yourself and you'll get invited to every site you deserve.

The_Martinator
05-13-2009, 11:45 AM
At the start through open signups (BCG, RevoTT). Then I discovered tracker invite forums (by that I don't mean FST, lol). I didn't just get into trackers with the help of those forums, I also made friends and have learned a lot from them (not just bt related as they are aged very differently).

n00bz0r
05-13-2009, 11:52 AM
get there?
FST: open signups (i didnt trade for an account here)

Trackers: signing up on open ones, being a responsible member there, joined a few boards and made good friends, got to know members and staffer alike, and eventually found my way to places that proved sufficient for my needs.
Amen
:P

Swift
05-13-2009, 12:14 PM
friends from the internet mostly and some open signup does the trick be polite / respectfull and everything will be okay

Kyl3KK
05-14-2009, 04:58 AM
I pretended to be a girl. It worked wonders.

n00bz0r
05-14-2009, 05:08 AM
it helps even more if you claim to have kids lmao :naughty:

1000possibleclaws
05-14-2009, 05:19 AM
Hmm I first discovered punktorrents cause of friend of mine had signed up and asked me how to play the torrents. He had dled torrent files without a client thinking they were music :lol:

Soon after got into demonoid via open reg as well, and way down the road discovered bt forums and started to use private trackers routinely.

Stellar
05-14-2009, 06:09 AM
Funny thing is, I'm really a girl and it hasn't done jack shit for me.

Hmm I first discovered punktorrents cause of friend of mine had signed up and asked me how to play the torrents. He had dled torrent files without a client thinking they were music :lol:

Soon after got into demonoid via open reg as well, and way down the road discovered bt forums and started to use private trackers routinely.
Oh wow punktorrents :lol: That's how I found out about Kraytracker years ago. Also lol @ thinking torrent files are music. That's gold.

Waay back when, I thought Demonoid was some secret society and felt blessed when I found an invite code. :mellow:

LeNoR
05-14-2009, 06:12 AM
friends

james223
05-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Luck, becoming power users, invite boards and having awesome ratios.

Disme
05-14-2009, 07:44 AM
I honestly don't have a fekking clue how I got there?

Seriously ... everybody has their own way of getting 'there'.
I just participated here at FST in some GA's and met some nice people everywhere I came. I tend to speak my mind and I guess some people appreciate that more than the occasional 'Good luck' and the likes.

Stellar
05-14-2009, 08:14 AM
It seems like there's a common trend in this thread. Disme, personality seems to play probably the biggest role in getting invites... at least on forums like this. I've given people invites just because I like them, and it has worked out splendidly so far.

I'm wondering why so few traders have come here to comment. Are they just quiet people? :rolleyes:

manu1991
05-14-2009, 08:38 AM
They lurk in th3 corners

I got mine mostly in open signups and GA's

Glitterstep
05-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Through a very good friend i got into TT,TR,and Elek
I am not a collector..just a good user

Cabalo
05-14-2009, 12:54 PM
i despised bittorrent, i owned a FTP stro and time to time used newsgroups.
Once, some member got in a discussion with me trying to convince me to try out bittorrent private sites and see how it works.
i said ok, and immediately i got invited to TL and revTT. The day after i signed up for TorrentBytes and Filelist.org.
Then months after i joined FST and applied in a few giveaways, made some real good friends and got to some other sites, and that's my story. Never made a request thread, which annoys so much some people around here.

never a RL friend of mine invited me anywhere, though i got them everywhere :) it's so much more satisfying when you get hold of an invite for a friend that you know he is going to get a real good use out of it.

tippertime
05-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Never made a request thread, which annoys so much some people around here.

haha...yeah that and also when people say they need so and so tracker...especially once they rattle off 3 trackers they already have that are exactly the same

Night0wl
05-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Browsed some user in Limewire, found torrent files. Googled my way to H33t, Demonoid and Zeropaid, found out about OiNK. Annoyed the living shit out of everyone who could possibly be a member, until someone finally invited me. Made PU there and the rest is history.

yayyyyyy
05-14-2009, 04:48 PM
I made sex favors

Polarbear
05-14-2009, 04:49 PM
found out about OiNK.

I think OINK in early 2007 was the best time I ever had on a tracker. Sharing was really fun back then.

Dnurg
05-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Hard work.

F-Sicx
05-14-2009, 05:41 PM
luck+ friends + joining one site through other top trackers

DanielleD87
05-15-2009, 03:54 AM
found out about OiNK.

I think OINK in early 2007 was the best time I ever had on a tracker. Sharing was really fun back then.
agreed! and the cute rule was AWESOME! the whole site and the forums felt kind of like home away from home for me.

Pickerel
05-15-2009, 12:23 PM
For me, I don't know anyone in real life that's into torrents enough to use private trackers. So, I had to do it all on my own. But as already stated, the hard part is getting into your first decent private tracker and then you can use that account as proof to get into more. So long as you have good stats.

cinephilia
05-15-2009, 02:31 PM
agreed! and the cute rule was AWESOME! the whole site and the forums felt kind of like home away from home for me.
same here, that was the best time of my 'torrenting career' (i was only using KG, cinema-obscura, OiNK and Demonoid).

The_Martinator
05-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Now I feel bad that I didn't use private trackers when OiNK was around. :(

ehochen
05-15-2009, 03:18 PM
google