PDA

View Full Version : Been banned on what.cd for being a good member... what to do?!

Floydian
05-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Guys, I truly don't know what to do... let me explain to you.

I have acquired a seedbox slice of 100gb shared with 13 users on what.cd forum. Yes, that is true, on what.cd forums I got a seedbox from a member.

Everything was nice, I got the seedbox last thursday, and have snatched several freelech flac torrents in order to increase my ratio. A friend of my asked me to seed for him, and so I did it. I have uploaded 250gb for me and 30gb for my friend, which is not impressive for 7 days with 100mbits shared connection.

The thing is, today I woke up and connected to what.cd. My account was disabled. In order to get the irc channel and server, I connected with my friend's account. Got the info and went to what.cd disabled channel. The moment I set foot on the channel, the OP said "You're a cheater, go away", and banned me.

I rejoined the channel, this time with screenshot from the seedbox, and explained the whole situation. Again, the OP said "You're a cheater and you got your friend banned too", and banned me from the channel.

I even said to the OP tha I could send him the username and password from the seedbox, but he just can't listen to my arguments. I have used seedbox three times in the past, but this is the first time that I have a problem like this.

What can I do now??? I can't ask anyone on what.cd tracker because me and my friend are banned, and on the irc channel the OP doesn't even listen to my arguments. I'm really really sad with this attitude, since I got the seedbox mainly to seed on what.cd, for my other tracker's ratio are good, and they just banned me for thinking that I'm a cheater...

Polarbear
05-14-2009, 10:39 AM
If they're convinced that you cheated, there's nothing you can do.

Stellar
05-14-2009, 10:41 AM
You're also a trader, which doesn't look very good either.

What.cd will not let you back in. Find another site.

Floydian
05-14-2009, 10:50 AM
I just can't see why they won't hear me... I have offered the seedbox account information, they could log in and see for themselves, I offered the paypal receipt, I showed screenshots... I have done everything I could.

What bothers me is that they won't even hear what I have to say, they won't consider anything...

I guess Polarbear is right, once they put it on their minds, there's nothing I can do.

RedRansom
05-14-2009, 10:53 AM
what a lucky tracker they have many good/seedbox members!
Fisrtly understand this: If you have a this shit boxes this wont provide you as a good member...I saw there is/was a freeleech on %100 logs lossless files for first 6 hours and ppl just jumping new files and after got buffer shif+dell but what content is saying

Introducing Quality Time

Now here's your chance to help make up for the lost torrents and make this site even better! Rather than focusing on just quantity of torrents, we're focusing on the best quality rips you can make in FLAC. Now introducing the "Quality Time" Contest for your quality lossless CD cravings. so sorry but most seedbox users not helping with this issue if someone could look for a specific torrent they wont find a seeder;) after hours/days unless some really superb seeders aint at there,who seeding thousand of files over months.(there is really good members at there:yup:)

if they said you cheat this is about auto ban and they wont re-active your account again...this is why above members saying they wont re-actine your account...But maybe someone cheated which using same ip adress on box but i think what.cd's boxes have dedicated ip adress for every member so your chance is really low but who know?
You're asking "what to do" there is no solutin than go to irc but look like this is already done!
I hope we wont meet someone who cheated on box and saying i never cheated, what the hell is going, i am really good member have/had seedbox which called my friend is not my spare account :cry::lol:
hmmn i am a little bit rude but we meet this kind of ppl at the past who cheated on hdbits on his seedbox and your story remind me a little bit he:naughty: I hope to be wrong...

Floydian
05-14-2009, 11:03 AM
I assure you I'm not this guy. I have used this forum for a long long time, and I don't even have account on hdbits, and never had.

I guess you are right on the "quality time" point. Seedbox can really be a bad thing, but the thing is, they banned me for cheating.

Maybe some user from the box was cheating and got banned, and there is not a dedicated IP. The ip is one for all users. But I don't think that is the case. I have snatched almost 200 freeleech torrents to build my ratio, and I think that's why they think I was cheating... maybe they are not used to seedboxes, I don't know, because 250gb on 7 days is not much compared to 100mbit dedicated servers...

Maybe there is no solution, I tried contacting them on irc, but with no success. I'll try talking to the other OPs at the irc channel.

Oh, and that was not a spare account either. I just logged there once, to upload for about 6 hours or more.

Skiz
05-14-2009, 11:54 AM
PM a mod?

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/sexten-214281

Floydian
05-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks skiz! I contacted another OP at the what.cd irc channel. He thinks the transmission client is somehow hacked (I just can't see how that is possible). He is looking into the case. I just hope everything goes ok.

n00bz0r
05-14-2009, 12:13 PM
try contacting sexten.
He is a balanced guy and a patient listener.
good luck!

zedex
05-14-2009, 01:39 PM
good luck to you but remember m8 , its only torrenting .....

meelad
05-14-2009, 02:49 PM
One friend of mine got banned recently due to misunderstanding that he was a cheater. Apparently he seeded the hell out of his seedbox and seeded 400 gb in two days. They thought he was cheating and disabled his account. But he went to #what.cd-disabled and one of the mods enabled his account. So good luck with your case.

saulin
05-14-2009, 03:27 PM
One friend of mine got banned recently due to misunderstanding that he was a cheater. Apparently he seeded the hell out of his seedbox and seeded 400 gb in two days. They thought he was cheating and disabled his account. But he went to #what.cd-disabled and one of the mods enabled his account. So good luck with your case.

I think is retarded when you need a seedbox for your torrent needs. At what.cd I have downloaded like 250 megs total lol and uploaded like 600 emgs. That's how much I use this tracker. That's in like 80 weeks or so I think.

In order to seed 400 GB in 2 days mmm how much do you have to download? like 300 gigs? wow that must be some fast seedbox. And I guess he really chosed the right torrents. In music trackers you will find that a lot of stuff gets seeded so damn quick and partial seeding will work only on really popular brand new torrents. It certainly sucks for mp3 albums. By the time you grabbed the album there are more seeders than leechers.

I think ratio is ok but it's stupid when it's a pain in the ass seeding back. It's a good thing there is usenet.

shipwreck
05-14-2009, 03:53 PM
You can't compare your experience with your home line to a seedbox - you don't need to download 300GB to seed 400GB with a seedbox, it's considerably less.

MATEE100
05-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Or just try to earn them in their iRC ;) (Tracker reviews topic)

Floydian
05-14-2009, 04:23 PM
good luck to you but remember m8 , its only torrenting .....
Sure, I agree with you, but when you spend money with something and see it going away, it's not that nice. Although it was relatively cheap.

Good news is that I got the account back, but since I'm not at home, I don't know what the OP said to me on IRC. It seems that the problem was with Transmission torrent client. He thought the client was hacked, so the seedbox owner disabled this client.

yayyyyyy
05-14-2009, 04:43 PM
did you uploaded something to yourself? (another user on the same seedbox/ip?)

uploadloading and downloading via localhost is cheat, and you deserve to get banned for that! ><

Floydian
05-14-2009, 08:16 PM
did you uploaded something to yourself? (another user on the same seedbox/ip?)

uploadloading and downloading via localhost is cheat, and you deserve to get banned for that! ><
No, I did not.

cinephilia
05-14-2009, 08:43 PM
My account was disabled. In order to get the irc channel and server, I connected with my friend's account.
:unsure:

klixexhha
05-14-2009, 09:41 PM
May seedbox is fake, mod hack client seedbox.

lukee
05-14-2009, 10:38 PM
I just can't see why they won't hear me... I have offered the seedbox account information, they could log in and see for themselves, I offered the paypal receipt, I showed screenshots... I have done everything I could.

What bothers me is that they won't even hear what I have to say, they won't consider anything...

I guess Polarbear is right, once they put it on their minds, there's nothing I can do.

Karmas a bitch :P

If they think you cheated then you did.

magushun
05-14-2009, 11:22 PM
I think is retarded when you need a seedbox for your torrent needs. At what.cd I have downloaded like 250 megs total lol and uploaded like 600 emgs. That's how much I use this tracker. That's in like 80 weeks or so I think.

thats you, there are some people (/wave) who are more into music... what is one of my finest source of music, there is also something nice there to download.

anyway, calling retarded someone who uses a seedbox, don't know where you are from, but with 10mbit/0,5mbit internet connections, maintaining a good ratio is, well, not impossible but sure is hard...

Floydian
05-14-2009, 11:29 PM
My account was disabled. In order to get the irc channel and server, I connected with my friend's account.
Well pal, I don't have to prove you anything. As long as what.cd see that we use different IPs and see that our host is also different, I'm cool because they know we are different users.

You can think what you will. Nowadays you guys think everybody is a cheater and everybody has a spare account. Instead of criticizing, try helping out.

saulin
05-14-2009, 11:45 PM

thats you, there are some people (/wave) who are more into music... what is one of my finest source of music, there is also something nice there to download.

anyway, calling retarded someone who uses a seedbox, don't know where you are from, but with 10mbit/0,5mbit internet connections, maintaining a good ratio is, well, not impossible but sure is hard...

Using a seedbox is retarded. Because you are paying so that you can keep a good ratio. Not only are you paying but usually people with seedboxes have to download just about anything. Even if they don't need it in order to seed back and build a ratio.

If you are going to pay, you might as well just switch to usenet or pay for a rapidshare account, then you don't have to worry about seeding back plus you get your max download speed.

Also if you are downlaoding stuff you want with your seedbox then you have to upload the stuff to your own PC. That's even more retarted. Of course this is my opinion. I just can't justify the use of seedbox.

In fact, it's seedboxes that make it hard for normal connections to seed back. Now I do believe that What.cd has a very low ratio requirement which is good so really I don't think there is a need for a seedbox but you have to watch what you download. I have to say though that if you download just mp3s it still can be challenging to keep a descent ratio on a regular connection. That's why I don't use what.cd or waffles for music. Is not that I don't like music lol.

cinephilia
05-15-2009, 12:22 AM
Well pal, I don't have to prove you anything. As long as what.cd see that we use different IPs and see that our host is also different, I'm cool because they know we are different users.

You can think what you will. Nowadays you guys think everybody is a cheater and everybody has a spare account. Instead of criticizing, try helping out.
i didn't ask you to prove anything.
logging into a tracker with a second account is forbidden, no matter what your intentions were so i guess it's one reason more for what.cd staffers to think that you deserved to get disabled.
honestly, i'd like to help you but there's absolutely nothing to do.

good luck.

Stellar
05-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Good news is that I got the account back, but since I'm not at home, I don't know what the OP said to me on IRC. It seems that the problem was with Transmission torrent client. He thought the client was hacked, so the seedbox owner disabled this client.
He says he got the account back. Why is this thread still open?

Floydian
05-15-2009, 02:09 AM

i didn't ask you to prove anything.
logging into a tracker with a second account is forbidden, no matter what your intentions were so i guess it's one reason more for what.cd staffers to think that you deserved to get disabled.
honestly, i'd like to help you but there's absolutely nothing to do.

good luck.
If you had read the whole topic, you'd see that I already got my account back. But thanks anyway.

And thanks to all the users who helped me!
Please someone, close this topic.

AkaiDoresu
05-15-2009, 02:14 AM
Welcome to What.cd

Having 100,000 users makes them think they can ban anyone for no reason since they will always have full house. Be careful.

n00bz0r
05-15-2009, 02:15 AM
gratz you got the account back mate. :)
why the continued debate? what is the fuss all about?why the Unnecessary posts? :lol:
Guys get a life. There is a lounge section, and a drawing room.Hell there is a word games and funny stuff section as well, post there and move the discussions and games forward.

Skiz
05-15-2009, 02:16 AM
We can't read every post on the board. If you want your topic closed, click the report button and say so. ;)