PDA

View Full Version : I've Never used eDonkey Or eMule.

brotherdoobie
05-15-2009, 03:26 AM
Never.

True story.

-bd

SonsOfLiberty
05-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Well you missing out of some good shit, shit you won't find on Usenet or shitty torrents. I mod here: http://phantomp2p.com take a look around and see if anyting ticles your butthole.

captive
05-15-2009, 05:02 PM
never used it, have no idea how it works i got my NG + FTN so pffft

SonsOfLiberty
05-15-2009, 07:42 PM
eMule was after Kazaa, maybe before and it's still around if that tells ya anyting. Fileheaven is better than any torrent tracker (except for iTS because most of FH's releases are there) for movies and even have AFR's...if you seen what's inside FH you might change your mind about that last statement.

iLOVENZB
05-15-2009, 11:53 PM
So what is it you're asking?

eDonkey is discontinued isn't it?

SonsOfLiberty
05-16-2009, 03:35 AM
Yes eDonkey got taken over by the MPAA or someone of that nature, eMule is still kicking strong...check it here:

http://phantomp2p.com
http://sharevirus.com
http://sharethefiles.com
https://forum.dead-donkey.com
http://tvunderground.org.ru/

etc.etc..and there's a ton more I can't even think right now, I've got a ton bookmarked, it's like using torrents it might take extra time to get your file, but movies will still be shared years after the release.

iLOVENZB
05-16-2009, 05:04 AM
Havn't touched eMule in ages.

*fires up aMule* :P

cinephilia
05-16-2009, 05:06 AM
thanks for letting us know brotherdoobie but what's the point ?

captive
05-16-2009, 07:18 AM
eMule was after Kazaa, maybe before and it's still around if that tells ya anyting. Fileheaven is better than any torrent tracker (except for iTS because most of FH's releases are there) for movies and even have AFR's...if you seen what's inside FH you might change your mind about that last statement.

so i googled fileheaven and found fileheaven.org, im assuming thats the right one, its a invite only it would seem. what is it ?, i never heard of it before..im intriuged now...if it can be talked about...:unsure:

SonsOfLiberty
05-16-2009, 01:54 PM
It can, I'd rather not, there's a few FH'ers here, if you ever here anything about cl0npr0n that's us, except we really dont have any pr0n :lol: I posted some stuff from there, screeny's and what not for the movie index, it's in one of the ed2k threads, sorry no invites either, the last time we opened our doors was a few months back, and before that, it was 3-4 years.

cinephilia
05-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Fileheaven is better than any torrent tracker (except for iTS because most of FH's releases are there) for movies and even have AFR's...if you seen what's inside FH you might change your mind about that last statement.
this must be a joke... take a glance at Karagarga, cinemaggedon, & cinematik and then, we can discuss again.

Cabalo
05-17-2009, 01:48 AM
Let's not forget that ShareReactor is back.
It was a legend comparable to ThePirateBay back in the times.

SonsOfLiberty
05-17-2009, 02:01 AM
Fileheaven is better than any torrent tracker (except for iTS because most of FH's releases are there) for movies and even have AFR's...if you seen what's inside FH you might change your mind about that last statement.
this must be a joke... take a glance at Karagarga, cinemaggedon, & cinematik and then, we can discuss again.

I pitty the fool, well for one, they've been around since 2001 before even, we've indexed well over 300,000 movies that are actively shared, and some you won't find anywhere else but there, just ask "Something Else" if you don't believe me.

Cabalo
05-17-2009, 02:31 AM

I pitty the fool, well for one, they've been around since 2001 before even, we've indexed well over 300,000 movies that are actively shared, and some you won't find anywhere else but there, just ask "Something Else" if you don't believe me.
so iTS has more than 300000 movies ? :ermm:

SonsOfLiberty
05-17-2009, 03:55 AM
No, FH....most of FH's releases are there...that is if you like AFR.

cinephilia
05-17-2009, 01:10 PM
many of the rarest gems from emule have been upgraded with better VHSrips, Japan releases or new dvd releases exclusive to Karagarga.
ok, emule can always be useful but many rips are bad-encoded with a poor resolution, even the ones from emule forums.

SonsOfLiberty
05-17-2009, 05:00 PM
many of the rarest gems from emule have been upgraded with better VHSrips, Japan releases or new dvd releases exclusive to Karagarga.
ok, emule can always be useful but many rips are bad-encoded with a poor resolution, even the ones from emule forums.

Sure alot of content comes from else where, but they (FH) started AFR, this is where it originated, so unless people there are multiple network people, which most aren't, those rips are staying there, you can movies dating back to the 1900's.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-edonkey-emule-42/t-looking-fileheavenorg-accinv-194224/page4

why do think that thread is so long for?

cinephilia
05-18-2009, 04:15 AM
don't get me wrong, i'm pretty sure fileheaven is a awesome ressource and i probably wouldn't refuse a membership there (especially for rarities i don't manage to find on the trackers i previously mentionned) but it can't really be compared with torrentsites, that's two different ways of sharing/thinking.

Skiz
05-18-2009, 04:41 AM
Never.

True story.

-bd

Same. I never saw the need. For the longest time I only downloaded music, and by the time I started downloading TV/movies I was into Bittorrent or Usenet.

Wasn't eMule full of viruses or something?

Disme
05-18-2009, 05:58 AM
Wasn't eMule full of viruses or something?

Nope ... it all depends where you get your files. If you are on a trustworthy ed2k-forum the chances off getting virus-filled files are virtually non-existent.
If you decided to use the search function built into the ed2k-client you could get virusses.

But it would be the same as just clicking whatever link you find during a Google-search, the chances of getting a virus are way higher than when getting your files from a trustworthy source.

I used emule a lot years ago. It is very usefull for rare and older stuff you won't find elsewhere. After some time I discovered torrents and when i compared speeds between the two of them I shifted to torrents gradually up to the point I hardly ever use emule anymore.

Boards like Fileheaven are an unendless source of files and I'm glad my account there is still 'intact', although my last visit dates from late 2006 :)

SonsOfLiberty
05-18-2009, 06:09 PM
You can google ed2k sites and check the threads, it's still a valuable source to file-sharing as a whole, and what's indexed on ed2k can found years and years later, s Disme said, FH is a un-end-less supply of links. Usenet is not a classic P2P source, I consider that ed2k/torrents/magnet. Virus's are easy to spot, same as when you searching Binsearch and you see Fallout 3-Reloaded at 56kb? Same goes for eMule. I beat anyone who downloaded the newest Apple software from torrents sites got that nasty trojan. Both have it's pros/cons, torrents are by far the fastest and easiest, ed2k is slower but index's stay for more than a year, and yes I know some torrents are still staying seeded for more than a year, but that's not on alot of them.

cinephilia
05-18-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm glad my account there is still 'intact', although my last visit dates from late 2006
can i hazzz? :cry:

Swift
05-18-2009, 08:12 PM
me neither some tips for me ?

Skiz
05-18-2009, 09:08 PM
What?

Something Else
05-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Clownpr0n is amazing, and beats any torrent site for me. By quite a long way. :smilie4:

brotherdoobie
05-30-2009, 12:16 AM
thanks for letting us know brotherdoobie but what's the point ?

The point is rather obvious. I've never used either of those programs, obviously.

-bd

SonsOfLiberty
05-30-2009, 03:09 AM
Clownpr0n is amazing, and beats any torrent site for me. By quite a long way. :smilie4:

Everyone should experience Clownpr0n, well not really, we'd have a bunch of dildo's muching up the forum, and FH has enuff of those :lol:

Something Else
05-30-2009, 07:56 PM
:lol:

I like the fact that the links are public and it's only the forum that's private. That works wonderfully. I see it outliving most torrent sites.

SonsOfLiberty
05-31-2009, 02:12 AM
I think it's pretty much outlived any ed2k site....I'm sure some are close....and ShareReactor is just lucky. Yeah ya can find FH's content, you just have to search.

kikou
06-02-2009, 03:35 AM
eMule was after Kazaa, maybe before and it's still around if that tells ya anyting

SonsOfLiberty
06-05-2009, 02:55 AM
eMule was after Kazaa, maybe before and it's still around if that tells ya anyting

Some history lessons:

eMule Wiki (http://emule.software.informer.com/wiki/)

"The eMule project was started on May 13, 2002 by s (also known as Merkur) who was dissatisfied with the original eDonkey2000 client. Over time more developers joined the effort. The source was first released at version 0.02 and published on SourceForge on July 6, 2002. eMule was first released as a binary on August 4, 2002 at version 0.05a. The 'Credit System' was implemented for the first time on September 14, 2002 in version 0.19a. The eMule project website started up on December 8, 2002. Since its inception, eMule has been downloaded over 420 million times as of August 5, 2008 making it by far the most downloaded project on SourceForge.[1] Current versions (v0.40+) of eMule have added support for the Kad network. This network has an implementation of the Kademlia protocol, which does not rely on central servers as the eDonkey network does, but is an implementation of a distributed hash table. Also added in recent versions were the ability to search using unicode, allowing for searches for files in non-Latin alphabets, and the ability to search servers for files with complete sources of unfinished files on the eDonkey network. In new versions, a "Bad source list" was added. The application adds an IP address to this list after one unsuccessful connection. After adding an IP to the "Bad source list", the application treats this IP as a "dead" IP. Unavailable IPs are banned for a time period from 15 to 45 minutes. Some users have complained that it leads to a loss of active sources and subsequently slows download speed. Other recent additions include: the ability to run eMule from a user account with limited privileges (thus enhancing security), and intelligent corruption handling (so that a corrupted chunk does not need to be re-downloaded entirely). The 0.46b version added the creation and management of "eMule collection" files, which contain a set of links to files intended to be downloaded as a set. Recently, many ISPs are bandwidth throttling default P2P ports resulting in slow performances. The 0.47b version adds protocol obfuscation; eMule will automatically select two ports at random in the startup wizard. eMule is now considered a stable product, and new versions are not released as often as they used to be; five to six months is now a typical time interval between releases. The latest version is 0.49c which was released in February 2009."

Kazaa and FastTrack were created by Niklas Zennström, Janus Friis, and Priit Kasesalu (all of whom were later to create Skype and later still Joost). It was introduced by their Dutch company Consumer Empowerment in March 2001, near the end of the first generation of P2P networks typified by the shutdown of Napster in July 2001.

Initially, most users of Kazaa were users of the Morpheus program, formerly a client of MusicCity. But once the official Kazaa client became more widespread, its developers used their ability to automatically update it, changing the protocol in February 2002 to shut out Morpheus clients when its developers failed to pay license fees. Morpheus later became a client of the Gnutella network.

Consumer Empowerment was sued in the Netherlands in 2001 by the Dutch music publishing body, Buma/Stemra. In November 2001, the court ordered Kazaa's owners to take steps to prevent its users from violating copyrights or else pay a heavy fine. Consumer Empowerment responded by selling the Kazaa application to a complicated mesh of offshore companies, primarily Sharman Networks, headquartered in Australia and incorporated in Vanuatu. In late March 2002, a Dutch court of appeal reversed an earlier judgment and stated that Kazaa was not responsible for the actions of its users. Buma/Stemra lost its appeal before the Dutch Supreme Court in December 2003.

In 2003, Kazaa signed a deal with Altnet and Streamwaves to try to convert users to paying, legal customers. Searchers on Kazaa were offered a free 30 second sample of songs for which they were searching for and directing them to signup for the full featured Streamwaves service.[1]

Kazaa Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazaa)

But eMule can give access to old files gone in public domain, to user's files like tons that are on the network (images, mp3, videos) and to many other interesting stuff.

antivirus
06-17-2009, 10:20 PM
same here never use emule

Rashean700
07-27-2009, 11:28 AM
i haven't in wow like 4 years i think i used Direct Connect then as well

ice76
07-30-2009, 02:57 PM
unless I really have to

Tuxman
08-29-2009, 09:57 PM
In these days when a bunch of BitTorrent trackers are shut down people should really consider giving eMule (with the decentralized [!] Kad network) a second try. They can't put it down.

(DHT is not decentralized, you'll still have to get .torrent files anywhere.)

10-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Could you offer some trustable site for emula whitout virus ...
i saw those site in page 1 and in other topics
but we need more :D
and what is cl0npr0n?can you explain more?

Tuxman
10-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Who needs a website? Well, I usually release on HQShare.net, but this is only for audio CDs...

duynghia
10-10-2009, 06:57 PM
To who has never used eMule ( eDonkey network ) before: it's extremely easy to use ( easier than Newsgroups and BitTorrent in my opinion ) and 100% free, you just download the eMule client, search(there is a built-in search engine) and start downloading stuff. However if you modify some options, add some servers (for eMule to connect to), configure port forwarding, your eMule client will run faster.

I use both Newsgroups ( UseNet ), BitTorrent and eMule but I would never give up eMule because I still can find some old ( rare ) stuffs only with eMule.

Tuxman
10-10-2009, 07:39 PM
No-one needs servers these days. In fact they are a security leak.

juantreb
10-12-2009, 05:22 PM
what´s the configuration of emule? for more velocity, etc

Tuxman
10-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Run it 24 h a day to gather credits. If you use a mod which allows different credit systems, use the Lovelace credit system. Some mods are optimized for better source finding (like my beba mod).
If there was a special setting for improving overall speed, don't you think it would be active by default? Play around a bit.

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 12:50 PM
used it in the past...one of my cousins still does

its a decent alternative to torrenting...but i'm pretty much addicted to torrents now hehe

Tuxman
10-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Why do you think torrents are "better"? BitTorrent is not even decentralized.

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 02:19 PM
i don't...i just find it more convenient and more easier to browse

i was a big fanatic of napster and kazaa back in the days (and shareaza and soulseek soon after)...but the day i stepped into the torrents zone...i've never looked back

it just feels so much more convenient...agreed i've never been on sites like FH which have organized emule content so that probably plays a big part (i admit)...but i have been on sites like warez-bb among others that organize RS, MU, etc content...and it just doesn't feel the same

Ofcourse, I could be entirely wrong about how FH and the likes work (i probably am) but at the end of the day - I can only comment on what I have seen...and FH I have not ^^

Tuxman
10-15-2009, 02:22 PM
It is "easier" to browse Google, Bing or another global search engine for .torrent files and then to hope that they aren't dead than just using a built-in search mask? I think I'll disagree.
(Never used sites except the great HQShare.)

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 02:34 PM
i wasn't talking about public trackers ofcourse...i mean private sites with specified contents + list of seeders and so on

i didn't even know people actually searched for torrents on google and such...that'd be a royal PITA

oh and never heard of HQShare so I have absolutely no comments on that

Tuxman
10-15-2009, 02:45 PM
i mean private sites with specified contents + list of seeders and so on
And "private sites" (which also means "a closed number of participants") have a file diversity and a file lifetime that can - at least almost - beat eMule's? I seriously doubt that...
File diversity is the major point in file sharing, isn't it?

oh and never heard of HQShare so I have absolutely no comments on that
You srsly should have a look there. :)

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 03:01 PM
agreed the retention is limited...but i prefer to keep what i want on my hdd...so content's lifetime really isn't an issue...besides its all about sharing, so anything that isn't up can always be re-upped

i agree though, this is something that is always going to be a plus point of the likes of emule

also i'll def. give a look into HQShare but is it open for all...i.e. can i access it, say, right now?

Tuxman
10-15-2009, 03:04 PM
but i prefer to keep what i want on my hdd...
For that you'll have to actually find it first. :naughty:

also i'll def. give a look into HQShare but is it open for all...i.e. can i access it, say, right now?
You'll have to register first for obvious reasons, but yes, then you can. No invitation system AFAIK.

Yet.

:whistling

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 03:08 PM
lol believe me...with my sources, finding what i want "generally" isn't very tough...more so since i d/l stuff in packs (like i prefer to d/l the whole album than a single song) which makes finding stuff all the more easier

also i'll try finding more details on HQShare...it'll take a "lot" to convert me though...i'm a torrent maniac :P

Tuxman
10-15-2009, 03:14 PM
like i prefer to d/l the whole album than a single song
So eMule is a real choice for you. Not actually made for files smaller than 9.28 MB.

(And finding stuff is easier there.)

it'll take a "lot" to convert me though...i'm a torrent maniac :P
On HQS there is currently a discussion going on if eMule is "dying" because of ppl like you. :naughty:
(Another one. Yawn. If so, it had been dying for seven years now... :lol:)

Well, I still believe in the bright side of light. It will convert you, I'm sure...

Come into the light!

:D

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 03:18 PM
well that's interesting...i like the part about not allowing files smaller than a certain size...i'm intrigued! haha

as for getting me in...well yeah i'll be there...whether i'll stay for good or not...we'll see ;)

Tuxman
10-15-2009, 03:20 PM
i like the part about not allowing files smaller than a certain size...
That's not the point (although you can filter your search results by file size). It's just that eMule is optimized for larger files. :D

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 03:30 PM
that's what i meant actually...just couldn't word it as well lol

Tuxman
10-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Ah, OK. Sorry for misunderstanding you then.

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 03:39 PM
naah that's my fault...i'm just no good with words :P

btw i'm on the site now...so far so good

i can't see myself using it as a replacement for torrents but i can def. see myself using both at the same time

pretty good site

cheers!

Tuxman
10-15-2009, 03:42 PM
OK, you're right. It is your fault. But that's normal for you BT guys. You make faults all the time. :D

Yep, I saw you as a new member. Great to know that you found the way. Now I'll just have to persuade you that there is much more in the eD2K/Kad networks than "just" HQS.

:D

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 03:50 PM
heh good luck on that :D

Tuxman
10-15-2009, 03:51 PM
I'll do my best. You'll see. :P

kooltilldend
10-15-2009, 04:02 PM
lol either way its all the better for me :P

cheers!

Talkaboutfiles
10-15-2009, 05:58 PM
People still use Edonkey aka Emule:shutup:

Tuxman
10-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Ehm, yes. What exactly is your problem with that?

ionut94
10-18-2009, 05:07 PM
i have never uset it ..

Tuxman
10-18-2009, 05:10 PM
That's your fault then. :P

finalchip
11-11-2009, 06:05 PM
How do you use emule and/or edonkey? Thanks in advance.

Tuxman
11-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Unpack it, get a recent nodes list, done.

Sonnentier
11-11-2009, 10:37 PM
http://nodes-dat.com/ -- fresh nodes file, and

http://edk.peerates.net/metlist.php?lang=0 -- fake-free ed2k servers

Funkin'
11-12-2009, 03:54 AM
I was thinking about giving this a shot after looking around dead donkey. And knowing that Fileheaven has AFR's.

I'm guessing edonkey is like torrents, where the uploaders speed depends on how fast you get the file? And what's a good client for Linux?

Tuxman
11-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Yep, it is like torrent, but better...

aMule would be a Linux alternative, see amule.org.

Funkin'
11-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks Tuxman.

ddt
11-12-2009, 08:02 PM
If you will install e/aMule Use http://sharethefiles.com/forum/ it's great :)

Tuxman
11-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Don't forget hqshare.net :P ... srsly, one major advantage of *mule is that you don't need linksites.

Funkin'
11-13-2009, 10:10 AM
I'll look into both sites. Thanks. Any music only sites that I should know about?

Tuxman
11-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Yep, hqshare, see above ..

Funkin'
11-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Oops, I didn't actually check out that link before asking. Only sharethefiles.

Thanks again.