PDA

View Full Version : Cd-rw

TheFilePirater
09-25-2003, 03:52 AM
ok get the flaming over wit....
ty

i just did a clean install of 98 (i kno!!) and now when i installed nero it reads and writes, but when i installedd roxio it dont read my cd-rw, at the little burn tab it says no cd-rw selected and i cant select mine....

i kno roxio sucks but i like realtime speed and the dvd thing!

ehh
win98
633mhz
128mb

Skank
09-25-2003, 04:22 AM
There is a fix for this but I cant remember what it is...You might want to check out there website

TheFilePirater
09-25-2003, 12:25 PM
my burners site or roxio?

any1 esle kno or this dead?

exeus
09-25-2003, 12:39 PM
there is a fix for that on roxios site you will have to register to download it

edit: Easy CD Creator 5xx Platinum Update5.3.5.exe <-- file name size about 18.3 megs i have had it in shared folder for a while and have seen others get it so have a look in kazaa

silent VI
09-25-2003, 12:43 PM
just did a clean install of 98 (i kno&#33;&#33;) and now when i installed nero it reads and writes, but when i installedd roxio it dont read my cd-rw, at the little burn tab it says no cd-rw selected and i cant select mine....

i kno roxio sucks but i like realtime speed and the dvd thing&#33;

i use 98 too and i had the same prob but i gave up and started to use nero andVCDeasy

lynx
09-25-2003, 02:50 PM
It is all because roxio (formerly adaptec) insist on trying to use their own drivers to communicate with the cd-rw, instead of the standard aspi drivers. Which is strange considering that adaptec virtually wrote the book on aspi drivers.
There is no good reason to use non-standard drivers except
1) to gain a tiny improvement in performance.
2) to block software from other vendors.

I stopped using roxio for that very reason.