PDA

View Full Version : Not again...The RevTT vs TL faceoff round 2

Buddha.net
05-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Since the last thread comparing RevTT and TL was 8 months ago, http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-tl-revtt-310101, I wanted to do another comparison thread, comparing the 2 sites and seeing if anything has changes in the months since then.

What I have gathered from the old thread is that TL is the overwhelming favorite, but that both are very equal in quality with differences. Some posts have said RevTT has a nicer site and a better forum community. Others like the request feature on RevTT. Others talk about large number of files on TL and the better retention, or more seeders on older torrents in TL.

What has changed since then on both sites? Is TL still the overwhelming favorite?

Faceoff Results (5/17/09)
After tallying up all the votes RevTT pulled the upset and won round 2 of the RevTT TL faceoff.
The dark horse IPT, without even being entered as a faceoff contestant itself pulled off a respectable 4 votes.
Total count:
1st place RevTT= 11 votes
2nd place TL= 6 votes
dark horse IPT= 4votes

The reasons given for each vote are:
TL
Two people noted the pretimes for TL.
Also noted were the torrent packs,
availability of non scene torrents,
and easy ability to seed back (2 votes).
RevTT
Four people gave safety as their reason for choosing RevTT over TL, as the lower user count and SSL had them feeling more secure.
Also noted were the ease of seeding,
file retention,
more files available,
the request system,
the better design of the site,
and the better forums.

Some posts from the previous thread (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-tl-revtt-310101).

TL literally has everything I could throw at it and thats what makes it a little bit better. RevTT is good and has a really nice design but once you have TL or higher quality sites it becomes kinda obselite.

well tl is lot better in revtt in terms of collection of apps but revtt is having that 1500 extra torrents bcoz of xxx section in tl there is no xxx section it leads pt.org site.

RevTT has a great deal of rare files that are not available on TL, but that may be of no use to you.

The feature of RevTT is the request section.

I don't feel comfortable downloading from TL, so I rarely use my account anymore. But I would use RevTT more anyway. It's a smaller userbase, their pre's are faster(not that I care really), and the speeds are pretty good. Personally though, I think IPT is better than either of these two, and gets used most out of any other tracker that I have.

iam1337
05-16-2009, 12:50 AM
TL is so much better....not even a discussion.

The pretimes 8 months ago were not even good as they are currently.

VinX
05-16-2009, 12:53 AM
TL - 150k users .. anyone can get into TL even RIAA and MPAA

RevTT - 44k users .. pretty decent imo

i prefer revtt and IPT more

unknownman
05-16-2009, 01:01 AM
TL as a tracker has grown over the past few months, they have excellent pre times AS WELL as having great packs, and non scene encodes which are nice. This makes it appealing to a huge number of people, and seeding back is easy too, it seems TL is the perfect site for the above-average bittorrent user.

Villalltheway
05-16-2009, 01:09 AM
RevTT for me all the time just a nice site with good retention, couldnt give a fuck about pretimes and its really easy to seed at revtt. But to be honest i say revtt but all these oday general trackers are pretty much the same for me these days.

Funkin'
05-16-2009, 01:28 AM

This sums it up for me too. IPT has over twice the content of both sites, and I feel safer downloading from RevTT than TL.

VinX
05-16-2009, 01:36 AM
also RevTT has SSL which is more secure than TL and IPT .. so imo RevTT is da best :) also if i need stuff very fast , i prefer ScT or SCC .. :)

cinephilia
05-16-2009, 01:58 AM
TL is so much better....not even a discussion.

The pretimes 8 months ago were not even good as they are currently.
honestly, who gives a fuck to pretimes ?

RevTT for me all the time just a nice site with good retention
good point. revtt has a better retention than TL and even more files (last time i check, revtt had ~24.000 torrents)
speeds are more than enough for anyone's needs and you can find many old scene releases. the request section is also pretty active and many requests are filled.

so in my opinion, Revtt is better than TL (except for packs).

colbert
05-16-2009, 02:20 AM
I prefer TL. Speeds can be average at times, but the large userbase makes it easy to seed. I let my RevTT expire because I never found the need to keep it.

Alien5
05-16-2009, 02:26 AM
How do i get into IPT?

1000possibleclaws
05-16-2009, 02:27 AM
RevTT is one of my most used trackers. Have never used TL but they are very comparable and having either one should be fine.

I care about pretimes when it comes to getting The Office in HD every thursday. That's where FTN comes in :wub:

VinX
05-16-2009, 02:40 AM
How do i get into IPT?

by a invite or donating
also keep a check on giveaway section

IdolEyes787
05-16-2009, 02:46 AM

Never seen anything but stupidity in the pissing contest that is pretimes .Never seen the appeal of packs either.TV seasons sure but to put a couple of movies that I want to see in with a dozen that I don't .:dabs:

speedrabbit0
05-16-2009, 02:53 AM
I agree that TL is so much better.

Stellar
05-16-2009, 02:54 AM
TPB and Kazaa beat both of them in all aspects, especially community.

But seriously... I prefer RevTT just because TL takes longer to load due to its image-heavy site design.

cinephilia
05-16-2009, 03:06 AM
Never seen the appeal of packs either.TV seasons sure but to a couple of movies that I want to see in with a dozen that I don't .:dabs:
yeah, especially the [insert actor name] packs or the random movie packs.
i tend to think that packs are actually the biggest hypocrisy ever in BT - i'm pretty sure none of the snatchers never watch all the films included in the torrents and the truth is that they only grab packs to buffer their account, nothing more nothin less.

Buddha.net
05-16-2009, 04:04 AM

Never seen anything but stupidity in the pissing contest that is pretimes .Never seen the appeal of packs either.TV seasons sure but to put a couple of movies that I want to see in with a dozen that I don't .:dabs:

You dont have to download all of them. You can filter out the ones you dont want, and then just be happy you have all those choices in one spot.

1000possibleclaws
05-16-2009, 04:08 AM

You dont have to download all of them. You can filter out the ones you dont want, and then just be happy you have all those choices in one spot.

No shit sherlock.

Alien5
05-16-2009, 04:12 AM
How do i get into IPT?

by a invite or donating
also keep a check on giveaway section

sorted.

redMonster
05-16-2009, 04:42 AM
Never seen the appeal of packs either.TV seasons sure but to a couple of movies that I want to see in with a dozen that I don't .:dabs:
i tend to think that packs are actually the biggest hypocrisy ever in BT - i'm pretty sure none of the snatchers never watch all the films included in the torrents and the truth is that they only grab packs to buffer their account, nothing more nothin less.Not everyone does that. I, for instance, download most packs from my home connection and seed them for a long time. I also watch most movies of the packs.

Its kinda difficult for me to choose between RevTT and TL. But I will still go for TL because of the content and retention. But RevTT does take the lead when it comes to old requested content. They are still well seeded. Plus it has a better design and forums. TL forums are really dead.

fstrulz
05-16-2009, 06:29 AM
RevTT -- mainly because of security... Plus, RevTT has a very good Request section. My request are usually filled between a couple of hours or days by helpful members.

Swift
05-16-2009, 06:51 AM
pointless thread is pointless

TheMegaKing
05-16-2009, 07:30 AM
Probably TL, that because I don't have RevTT.
:)

unknownman
05-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Why is the thread pointless? The guy was asking a valid question, its been 8 months since the last thread and he wanted some more upto date answers. In the world of technology and bittorrent sites a lot can happen in 8 months...

Swift
05-16-2009, 08:10 AM
but nothing changed.. so stfu and go back and sit in the corner , TL got infiltrated with some spy's it's not safe anymore

eric13
05-16-2009, 09:46 AM
i think tl is much better cause they make mpaa members torrent :p

seriously after 8 month ipt grew much more than both of them

sez
05-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Are you kidding me,TL of course,just look at their balance sheets and tell me who can buy who :P .
But seriously though,P2P release groups like DEViSE and STG were born on TL plus a whole host of others and more are always popping up(i think DD5 releases got invented on TL)so for variety,i'd definitely go with them but for speed i think revTT most definitely takes it.

IdolEyes787
05-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Never seen the appeal of packs either.TV seasons sure but to a couple of movies that I want to see in with a dozen that I don't .
i tend to think that packs are actually the biggest hypocrisy ever in BT - i'm pretty sure none of the snatchers never watch all the films included in the torrents and the truth is that they only grab packs to buffer their account, nothing more nothin less.

My thinking entirely.

I am sure that there are a few people like redMonster that actually watch the the entire pack but they are in the tiny minority.Mainly packs are used as a means to an end : ratio building -so hopefully you may at some point be able to download something that you actually want without suffering adverse consequence.
Either that or being able to move as quickly as possible to the all important higher userclass .Which of course for the most part is just another way to cajole people into being more active than they otherwise might be .
Userclass perks as most know are usually not worth the associated effort .I think the only useful one that I have ever seen is protection from autopruning if you happen for whatever reason to go AWOL . But since that still doesn't protect you from the vagary of staff even that is of limited usefulness) .

As for picking and choosing certain files from a larger whole, I am adamantly against it .It creates the illusion that there are a lot more leechers on a torrent there there actually are.
To quote Seinfeld "What's up wth that?"

And for making a convenient package,it surprises me that while most people seem to have far greater knowledge than I on most technical issues associated with trackers they lack the ability to do a search.:dabs:

redMonster
05-16-2009, 01:08 PM
I am sure that there are a few people like redMonster that actually watch the the entire pack but they are in the tiny minority.Well I don't watch the entire pack always. Only those which seem good from the imdb plot and rating.

I used to download packs only for buffering only in the initial days of my torrenting. Now that I have got decent buffer on all trackers, I download everything from home connection and seed from there.

The_Martinator
05-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I was never fond of TL. RevoTT for me.

Btw, I don't feel safe downloading at IPT. It's even easier to get an invite than TL. Allthough RevoTT does have open signups periods...

Cabalo
05-16-2009, 05:23 PM
RevTT any day of the week.
there are a lot of reasons to make me think that way, bearing from the request section to the staff, passing through so many other issues, that i won't go in details.

epx
05-16-2009, 06:08 PM
i had tl before and joined revtt without realising i had stopping using my tl account and it got disabled for inactivity. I think revo is one of the best tracker out there.

Overlord
05-17-2009, 04:41 AM
I think it's better to have a bunch of sites to check on a regular basis, because they've all got stuff that the other sites don't have. There is no "best," only "best for you."

dickytricky
05-17-2009, 05:02 AM
Never did find RevTT any good.It has open signups but within a short time the numbers are back to where they was ,so others think the same.Content is always slower to reach there than Torrentleech and IPT.Members who post on their forum are so unfriendly to newcomers
,that the forum is dead.Torrentleech is full of adds with mods that think they are god.IPT is the only membership that i cherish

Buddha.net
05-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Faceoff Results

After tallying up all the votes RevTT pulled the upset and won round 2 of the RevTT TL faceoff.
The dark horse IPT, without even being entered as a faceoff contested itself pulled off a respectable vote.
Total count:
1st place RevTT=11 votes
2nd place TL=6 votes
dark horse IPT=4votes

The reasons given for each vote are:
TL
Two people noted the pretimes for TL.
Also noted were the torrent packs,
availability of non scent torrents,
and easy ability to seed back (2 votes).
RevTT
Four people gave safety as their reason for choosing RevTT over TL, as the lower user count and SSL had them feeling more secure.
Also noted were the ease of seeding,
file retention,
more files available,
the request system,
the better design of the site,
and the better forums.

tippertime
05-18-2009, 03:03 PM
RevTT - safer(maybe), request section, no ads, more torrents, waaayyy better forums, better looking and faster loading site, awesome staff...

pretty much a no-brainer

sceneA
05-18-2009, 04:24 PM
The retro section, the retention of packs coupled with ease of seeding makes TL my most used tracker.

RexNex
05-18-2009, 04:29 PM
how the hell is revTT winning.... If safety is a concern then revTT is way tooo big... you need something along the lines of FTN/GFT (5000,2500 users respectively)

Since neither are that "safe", TL has better retention, better PRE's, more content, making it the clear winner.

oh, and SSL makes NO difference whatsoever, all MPAA has to do is join the swarm, and they instantly have all your IP's

Night0wl
05-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Sorry for the off topic, but do RevTT and IPT have only scenereleases, or do they have some of the same P2P rips, that are on TL? e.g. DEViSE, FLAWLESS, ZON3 etc.

RexNex
05-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Sorry for the off topic, but do RevTT and IPT have only scenereleases, or do they have some of the same P2P rips, that are on TL? e.g. DEViSE, FLAWLESS, ZON3 etc.

A search for devise on IPT gave me 300 results.

Devise/Flawless both release first to TL, then someone snatches from there and releases on other sites such as IPT and revtt...

KushBlow
05-18-2009, 04:53 PM
TL has become a cesspool. With all the advertising and anti-piracy groups and shit.

Well then again it has lots of members, but still the admins need to restructure it somehow.

Night0wl
05-18-2009, 04:58 PM
TL has become a cesspool. With all the advertising and anti-piracy groups and shit.

Well then again it has lots of members, but still the admins need to restructure it somehow.

Adblock Plus and Element Hider extension ;) We only need an Anti Piracy hider, then we're all set.

cinephilia
05-18-2009, 05:01 PM
is that the same KushBlow who strangely disappeared from FST after being invited to FTN ? :rolleyes:

tippertime
05-18-2009, 05:52 PM

wrong...any kind of rip can be on revTT with the request section :whistling

storys like this pretty much put the nail in the coffin for me to use TL anymore
hxxp://fileshar*freak.com/2009/05/14/anti-piracy-group-baytsp-infiltrates-torrentleechorg/#more-2810

* = e

I also think this story is the real reason why TL's forums have been down for the past week, they don't want people talking about it :whistling

Night0wl
05-18-2009, 06:33 PM

wrong...any kind of rip can be on revTT with the request section :whistling

storys like this pretty much put the nail in the coffin for me to use TL anymore

hxxp://fileshar*freak.com/2009/05/14/anti-piracy-group-baytsp-infiltrates-torrentleechorg/#more-2810

* = e

Ok first of all, please do explain to me how a question can be wrong.

But guess you in a way (weird way) answered my question. Only scene crap on RevTT unless requested.

Second, is this really the first time you hear of an infringement letter being sent to someone, who has downloaded from TL? It's not like it's news to most here.

tippertime
05-18-2009, 06:36 PM
sorry, I read your post wrong...I thought you were making a statement (it was early in the morning)

Second, is this really the first time you hear of an infringement letter being sent to someone, who has downloaded from TL? It's not like it's news to most here.

no...but if it keeps happening why would anyone want to still use TL?

Night0wl
05-18-2009, 06:44 PM
They can't do shit to me. That much I know. Also the odds are slim to get a letter.

Only reason I asked is because it's nice to have options open in case something happens.

apocasmodis
05-18-2009, 07:10 PM
oh, and SSL makes NO difference whatsoever, all MPAA has to do is join the swarm, and they instantly have all your IP's

indeed :yup:

KushBlow
05-19-2009, 07:32 AM

Adblock Plus and Element Hider extension ;) We only need an Anti Piracy hider, then we're all set.

Yeah, but see, you need add-ons and extensions to have an enjoyable experience. I want TL no strings attached :).

is that the same KushBlow who strangely disappeared from FST after being invited to FTN ? :rolleyes:

If you're gonna act like you know something at least do it right.

merwais
05-19-2009, 03:27 PM
If you have IPT then no need to ask for TL nor RevTT.

IPT = More Powerful!
IPT = More content!
IPT = Faster Pre then TL ( RevTT doesn't have Pre-timing at all, they normally release TV/Movies after 25-30 minute pre time LoL ) IPT max pre is 1-3 minute which beats RevTT easily and indeed beats TL 80% !!!

IPT = Friendly staff!
IPT = Only IPT is releasing all scene TV/Movie releases in format of iPod/iPhone/PSP which no other tracker have it. for all Scene Movie/TV MP4(iPod/iPhone/PSP) releases, you can get only from IPT ;)

IPT = Have Freeleech and bonus points which beats both trackers. :D ( Most important: IPT is not Pay2Leech Like RevTT/RevTT )

and many more extra features which TL/RevTT doesn't have.

Weak points of TL/RevTT.

RevTT = Very Very slow Pre timing ( NO FREELEECH TORRENTS AT ALL + NO Bonus points ).

TL = Pre timing is fine but full of ads, ads content virus also sometimes ( NO FREELEECH TORRENTS AT ALL + NO Bonus points + 2-3 Annoying Advertises in every single page ).

That's why my Vote Goes to IPTorrents :)

MATEE100
05-19-2009, 03:43 PM
I think TL is better in everyones' eyes ;)

Cabalo
05-19-2009, 03:44 PM

IPT = More Powerful!
IPT = More content!
IPT = Faster Pre then TL ( RevTT doesn't have Pre-timing at all, they normally release TV/Movies after 25-30 minute pre time LoL ) IPT max pre is 1-3 minute which beats RevTT easily and indeed beats TL 80% !!!

IPT = Friendly staff!
IPT = Only IPT is releasing all scene TV/Movie releases in format of iPod/iPhone/PSP which no other tracker have it. for all Scene Movie/TV MP4(iPod/iPhone/PSP) releases, you can get only from IPT ;)

IPT = Have Freeleech and bonus points which beats both trackers. :D ( Most important: IPT is not Pay2Leech Like RevTT/RevTT )

Weak points of TL/RevTT.

RevTT = Very Very slow Pre timing ( NO FREELEECH TORRENTS AT ALL + NO Bonus points ).

TL = Pre timing is fine but full of ads, ads content virus also sometimes ( NO FREELEECH TORRENTS AT ALL + NO Bonus points + 2-3 Annoying Advertises in every single page ).

no one was talking about IPT in this thread.

honestly, do you use a template each time you post something about IPT ?

merwais
05-19-2009, 03:53 PM

IPT = More Powerful!
IPT = More content!

IPT = Friendly staff!

Weak points of TL/RevTT.

no one was talking about IPT in this thread.

honestly, do you use a template each time you post something about IPT ?
:lol: it's not a template.

It's about TL/RevTT/IPT.

For Games i use: BCG
for all 0day Torrents: IPT

It's about opinion, you may leave your opinion. don't bother others smart@ss :)

RexNex
05-19-2009, 04:00 PM

IPT = More Powerful!
IPT = More content!

IPT = Friendly staff!

Weak points of TL/RevTT.

Ur an idiot... 80% of that information is wrong/misleading, and I can rebut almost all of it.

IPT = More Powerful! ** Um what?

IPT = More content!
** Although that is true, its due to their weak uploading requirements. IPT has a minimum upload speed requirement of 100KB while TL has an upload speed req of 100mbit... Quite a huge difference...
So while u IPT has more content, alot of that content is slower, not to mention it is MORE likely to have viruses since almost anyone can be an uploader.

IPT = Faster Pre then TL **
Proof? Tracing channels don't seem to even bother tracing IPT, while they trace both TL and revTT... HMMMMM

IPT = Friendly staff!
** I haven't had to deal with the staff on any of the sites, but i'm sure they are all comparable.

IPT = Only IPT is releasing all scene TV/Movie releases in format of iPod/iPhone/PSP which no other tracker have it. for all Scene Movie/TV MP4(iPod/iPhone/PSP[/B]) releases, you can get only from IPT ;) ---
[b]I suppose thats a plus, but if u look at the # of snatches these get, its miniscule, so its only a plus for people who give a shit...

I consider this a BAD thing rather than good... IPT download speeds are horrendous compared to TL... why? Because ppl can just H&R a Freeleech torrent when their ratios go low, why bother seeding regular ones? The P2L dosen't bother me that much because TL speeds are still leagues ahead of IPT...

[b]Nope, FF + addblock + TL = 0 annoying adds on any page

Rigel9
05-19-2009, 04:00 PM
I think TL is better in everyones' eyes ;)

nope, I prefer RevoTT

MATEE100
05-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Maybe you're right,TL's forum is dead :D

eric13
05-19-2009, 11:38 PM
well i grabbed huge brazzer pack on revtt so my vote goes to rev :P that site is damn fine tl revtt and ipt all complete each other really fine trackers each has own advantage

shipwreck
05-19-2009, 11:47 PM
I'm not on RevTT, so I can't say anything about that tracker. However, I have been on TL since the beginnings, and IPT for a short time (thanks to Stellar), and while I really like the site, you really can't say that it has everything TL has (and vice versa btw.). Two obvious examples: daily 0day apps and scene mp3 packs.

Both the 0day apps and scene mp3 packs have rather good retention also. It's not easy to have dedicated uploaders for those kind of daily packs, hence not many sites have them (again, don't know about RevTT).

P.S.: Both sites are rather easy to seed on, so this can't really be an argument.

zetah
06-15-2009, 11:51 AM
TorrentLeech rules .I got both but tl is GREATER

thishead
06-17-2009, 10:44 AM
TL sucks now and is no longer technically private.
too many users getting letters from their isp for downloading.

the staff response to this is basically get a vpn or seedbox

MATEE100
06-17-2009, 11:45 AM
I prefer TL.Whatever you say.

SunKing
06-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Why are we having this discussion? TL is better. Simple as that...

Buddha.net
06-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Why are we having this discussion? TL is better. Simple as that...

Because most people voted for RevTT?

Qlix
06-17-2009, 11:37 PM
All those big trackers are a security risk. Oh, did I mention they suck? Out to make as much profit as they possibly can. Twats.

NSMB
06-18-2009, 09:57 AM
ZON3 release on several trackers, among them bitturk and TL. Their .nfo states something like that.

mal1f2
06-18-2009, 10:12 AM

So you think revTT is safer bc they have 'only' 44k users? :pinch:

mal1f2
06-18-2009, 10:14 AM

So you think revTT is safer bc they have 'only' 44k users? :pinch:

MATEE100
06-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I love the site still I'm in.Every torrents what uploaded there is great,and no prob with speeds.

IdolEyes787
06-19-2009, 12:00 PM
All those big trackers are a security risk. Oh, did I mention they suck? Out to make as much profit as they possibly can. Twats.

Unless you would like to back that statement up with cold hard fact (ie financial records comparing cost versus profit ) I wouldn't be so quick to assume.

Sure it looks on the surface ( and perhaps it's true) that TL ( in particular) is bleeding people ,but I think the truth is closer to the fact that for all the size of their userbase a very small percentage of their members willingly donate to help in the expenses so the tracker(s) have to resort to other means.
Is that right ,debatable, but regardless I don't see any arm twisting going on here no more than at several "high end" trackers that use other means( which I haven't seen you denouncing ) .

Btw I am only posting this in response to your apparent lack of sympathy to those less "fortunate" than yourself .

Qlix
06-19-2009, 02:04 PM

Unless you would like to back that statement up with cold hard fact (ie financial records comparing cost versus profit ) I wouldn't be so quick to assume.

Sure it looks on the surface ( and perhaps it's true) that TL ( in particular) is bleeding people ,but I think the truth is closer to the fact that for all the size of their userbase a very small percentage of their members willingly donate to help in the expenses so the tracker(s) have to resort to other means.
Is that right ,debatable, but regardless I don't see any arm twisting going on here no more than at several "high end" trackers that use other means( which I haven't seen you denouncing ) .

Btw I am only posting this in response to your apparent lack of sympathy to those less "fortunate" than yourself .

I was FLS on TL for a long time. Trust me, it's about profit. At TL it is. There is no reason arguing about it.