PDA

View Full Version : X264

ala
05-16-2009, 09:26 PM
I have taken an invite for X264.me 2 days ago and it was disabled today despite tha fact that I have done nothing. I am just wondering that why it is so. I have downloaded nothing, uploaded nothing. I have tried irc. But, I couldn't login. Please show me a way to find the reason. Actually, the first poll in the site was about the disabling conditions of the site. Thank you.

LubTheStaringCat
05-16-2009, 09:35 PM
X264 have a nasty habit of doing that, I did have an account In good standing and it was disabled or pruned.
I still don't know why, tho It's know great loss.

mievmo
05-16-2009, 09:44 PM
u have many HD sites.

pally
05-17-2009, 10:47 AM
I've never seen open invites on that site, so I've pretty much given up on trying to get in :(

MATEE100
05-17-2009, 11:05 AM
The same thing was with me.I got banned a few days after I signed up.I'm not interested in this sh*t site,bit-HDTV has a better content! :ghey:

invisible
05-17-2009, 11:21 AM
they ban many users without any reasons

Stellar
05-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Are you so sure you were banned for no reason, invisible? :rolleyes:
You were probably banned because you're a trader, plain and simple. x264 staff really, really loathes traders.

Louie
05-17-2009, 11:28 AM
You were probably banned because you're a trader

Then the next question is how did they found it?

Stellar
05-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Maybe he traded an invite for one of x264's 'buddy' sites (What.cd, for example) and got reported for it there. The tracker staff talk to each other, and know what goes on with each others' sites. I'm pretty sure most of them monitor trading forums as well.

Louie
05-17-2009, 12:15 PM
If he dont use the same user name or didnt traded with someone that was ready to report him so can share his ip few chances for this.

invisible
05-17-2009, 12:50 PM
You were probably banned because you're a trader, plain and simple. x264 staff really, really loathes traders.
i dont have this tracker and never tried to get in and i said this from what i see in the forums

ala
05-17-2009, 01:38 PM
I have received this invite from a user of UG site without making a trade. It is very interesting that I have not posted anything in the forum section of X264. I know that there are some alteretive HD sites. But, I am sure that I did nothing wrong in the site. Most probably, my inviter will think bad things about me. I have opened the topic so that I want to give some feedback suppose that there is a moderator of the site seeing the message. As I said in the first message, the first poll whenever I register X264 was about disabling conditions. Moreover, I have given blank vote to see the results. It is really strange for me. For the last 10 years, I have banned from some torrent sites like Bitme. But, this happened after sending an invite to someone else or disobeying some rules. That's why I was knowing the banning reason. But, banning from X264 is very strange.

Stellar
05-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Invites are only to be offered on other private tracker forums (where allowed) and the site must be primarily invite only. We actively scan public forums and private invite forums and we will ban anyone caught breaking this rule, and their invitees. No selling or trading of invites is allowed. Invites are the property of x264.me.
Obviously, UG is not primarily invite only. Unlikely reason to get banned for getting an invite from UG though.

You should try again to get into their IRC and find out why you were banned.

server: irc.xevion.net
channel: #x264-help

Louie
05-17-2009, 01:52 PM
For the last 10 years

What tracker is 10 years old?

ala
05-17-2009, 02:04 PM
For the last 10 years

I mean that I am dealing with private trackers for the last 10 years. Whenever I start dealing with trackers, the trackers are like Elite Torrents and Oink. Elite torrents was the best one closed early as it happened for Oink.

shipwreck
05-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Private trackers have not been around for 10 years.

Arasari
05-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks Stellar for pointing this poor soul in the right direction.
He received an answer: his inviter was a trader, he is a trader and that's not allowed by our rules.
If you lost your account somehow and you don't know why, feel free to join us on irc.xevion.net #x264-help
We don't ban people randomly, we only enforce our rules.

Have a nice day

1000possibleclaws
05-17-2009, 06:57 PM

They 'loathe' alot of kinda of people :dry: I've had a couple friends banned there for imo invalid reasons.

Stellar
05-17-2009, 07:06 PM
All I'm going to say is that they're very thorough and the staff strongly stands by their rules.

Arasari is watching... must be good :lol:

VinX
05-17-2009, 09:12 PM
they ban many users without any reasons

oh really ? u think so eh ? ... imo no one ever gets banned if u read the rules and obey them ..

Louie
05-17-2009, 09:35 PM
oh really ? u think so eh ? ... imo no one ever gets banned if u read the rules and obey them ..

I think it happens (but it seems you give only answers that everybody wants to read it you still looking for FSC?) but its not about this,its about staffers that dont know to be more kind and they are following blindly some stupid rules.

this poor soul in the right direction.
He received an answer: his inviter was a trader, he is a trader and that's not allowed by our rules.

Now if he doesent call that guy like this just for joking maybe they can point in the right direction in another way,like disable that account for trade but give him a second chance and invite him again,see if then he will respect rules or not.

brento
05-17-2009, 09:45 PM

I mean that I am dealing with private trackers for the last 10 years. Whenever I start dealing with trackers, the trackers are like Elite Torrents and Oink. Elite torrents was the best one closed early as it happened for Oink.

lol dude, bittorrent itself has only been around for 8 years...

ala
05-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Some persons are still insisting on not understanding what I am aiming to. Therefore, let me clear it again.

First of all, how can you be sure that my inviter is a trader. I didn't obtain this invite by trading. There is no doubt about this.

Secondly, I am not trying to obtain this account back. As I said you, whenever I register the site, I have seen a poll about about disabling account conditions of X264. The aim of this topic is to give a feedback the team of X264.

Thirdly, I have actively waited in IRC for 2 hours (today, after seeing help channel) by giving the link of this topic and my banned username. But, no one gives me a reply.

I hope that there will be a reasonable person from X264 seing the message and take necessary actions for future. On the other hand, if you are saying that giving invite in UG is a reason of ban, this is nonsense for me. Because,if we take your invites from famous torrent sites having invite section or from FST, this is also a reason of banning. Then, why you are giving invite rights to the person if you will ban it supposing that it is trading.

brento
05-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Some persons are still insisting on not understanding what I am aiming to. Therefore, let me clear it again.

First of all, how can you be sure that my inviter is a trader. I didn't obtain this invite by trading. There is no doubt about this.

Secondly, I am not trying to obtain this account back. As I said you, whenever I register the site, I have seen a poll about about disabling account conditions of X264. The aim of this topic is to give a feedback the team of X264.

Thirdly, I have actively waited in IRC for 2 hours (today, after seeing help channel) by giving the link of this topic and my banned username. But, no one gives me a reply.

I hope that there will be a reasonable person from X264 seing the message and take necessary actions for future. On the other hand, if you are saying that giving invite in UG is a reason of ban, this is nonsense for me. Because,if we take your invites from famous torrent sites having invite section or from FST, this is also a reason of banning. Then, why you are giving invite rights to the person if you will ban it supposing that it is trading.
It doesn't matter. If a trader is caught his whole invite tree will be banned. No questions asked.

Unstable1
05-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Not so long ago, I was caught fair and square in a trading situation by x264 staff and all they did was warn me for 2 weeks. My inviter (who I'd traded invites with) got a 4 week warning. I thought that was very lenient of them.

sez
05-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Invites are only to be offered on other private tracker forums (where allowed) and the site must be primarily invite only. We actively scan public forums and private invite forums and we will ban anyone caught breaking this rule, and their invitees.

am either too dumb to make sense out of this rule or just too smart as no matter how hard i try it just sounds ridiculous...why dont the staff just take away the invites and create recruitment threads in these private tracker forums (where allowed) that they are talking about instead of wasting time scanning BT invite forums to ban good users...
this will even further avail you time for IRC support.

you guys need to sexy up and look into this rule again,it sounds like one of those chinese laws where guys are allowed to visit some websites and not others for no good reason at all.
And don't worry you already took me out months ago for being invited from here by a very good member,together with like 15 other people on that invite tree...