PDA

View Full Version : Reactivate Astraweb with the $11 deal

the mighty
05-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Does anybody know how I can reactivate my Astraweb account with the $11 deal? I've signed up twice before with the deal using a difference username and password each time, and whenever I put in my username and password now, it'll only let me sign up to the $15 account. Do I have to create a new username and password each time. I was also wondering about the "I ISP per account" rule. What would happen if I used the account on two ISP's, but not at the same time?

Thanks.

saulin
05-18-2009, 02:45 PM
I would create a new user name and password. I have used the same user name and password for years because I only use astraweb for older stuff, so I can get stuff that Easynews doesn't have. That's why I only buy block accounts.

SonsOfLiberty
05-18-2009, 03:36 PM
They go by your IP, you can't re activate that account, unless you link to a different paypal account, or different credit card account, but with different names, because they go by names and accounts...

the mighty
05-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Sorry, I meant IP. If I use my Astraweb account on two IP addresses at different times, would it not work. Does it only work to the one that I sign up with. I ask this because I have two computers in different places, and I'd like to use the account at both places, but if I'm restricted to one then I'd just sign up on the place where I will be using the account the most.

SonsOfLiberty
05-18-2009, 05:59 PM
It's one IP per name, so technically just unplug your modem before you leave to go to the other computer and use it there.

the mighty
05-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the help SonsOfLiberty!

SonsOfLiberty
05-18-2009, 06:13 PM
I get slow downs alot, and when I unplug my modem I get a new IP and NL won't let me connect because it says I'm still logged in with a different IP, so I wait for few minutes and it logs me in with a different IP....well I think it's more my router gets something wacky going on and affects my speed, so unplug both and always get a new IP and can connect fine. But not 2 different ones at teh same time.

JustDOSE
05-19-2009, 09:03 PM
have you tried contacting customer service? :whistling

Trythepie
06-19-2009, 03:37 AM
Similar question: I was thinking of trying out Astraweb's block account- $25 for 180gb. What would happen after using up the block acct I wanted to signup for the $11 offer?

SonsOfLiberty
06-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Huh? Are you saying after you use the block account then you would signup for the monthly fee of $11? Nothing, you can sign up for the deal even having a block account...block accounts never expire, the $11 thing is a monthly based and is automatically charged.

Trythepie
06-20-2009, 04:17 AM
I wanna try a block account, somewhere. Astra has the best deal around price-wise. I don't know anything about their actual service.

This would be a test of it, I guess.

I would also see how fast i could burn thru a 180gb block.
One month, two months, three months. And how that would compare to having an unlimited $11/month account.

Let's divide 3 months into 180gb = 60gb/month.

Can I download more than 60gb a month using the unlimited $11
account. I mean realistically time-wise, physically, quality-wise, quanity-wise (i.e. find enough stuff I want).

If i can- than I would want to switch to the monthly account.
But if I find myself only downloading 60gb or less per month
than cost-wise the block acct would be cheaper.
(i.e monthy account @ $11/mo X 3months = $33).

Hope I haven't confused anyone. But my original question is this:
If I first sign up for their block account and use up all the 180gbs
then I decide hey I want to do the $11/mo Special instead- will Atstraweb let me get that $11 Special..? The OP seems to imply that the special is for new account signups only. Is that true/

SonsOfLiberty
06-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Well it would technically be a new account, email customer support and ask them that, say you want to try their service but you want to try the "block" first and if you like there service you want to switch to the monthly plan and see if you will get it for $11....I actually pay $39 I pay for 3 months just 'cause I never know when I have money :lol:

zot
06-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Similar question: I was thinking of trying out Astraweb's block account- $25 for 180gb. What would happen after using up the block acct I wanted to signup for the $11 offer?

Unless you have a static IP or never clear out your cookies, there's no way that Astraweb (or anyone else) will ever know that you are the same person when you re-visit their site.

By the time it takes you to use up your 180gig block (several months I presume) there's no guarantee that this "limited time" $11 'Kleverig' deal will still be available.

Unless you average over 80 gigs per month, Astraweb's 180GB block account should work out cheaper anyway.

Trythepie
06-21-2009, 08:15 PM
okay, thanks everyone for the good points.

SonsOfLiberty
06-22-2009, 07:08 AM
yes there is a way if you use the same credit card or paypal account duh! :lol: