PDA

View Full Version : Vcd 2 Avi

MetroStars
09-25-2003, 03:35 PM
I have a horror movie that is in VCD format, but i want 2 copy it 2 my hard drive 2 share, so it will have 2 change into mpeg/avi format...

i just treid Virtual Dub 2 extract the mpeg, but the files size wos 2 gig and it had only extracted 5mins...

does any 1 know of a better program so i can get the mpeg from the VCD

ck-uk
09-25-2003, 03:46 PM
Its on vcd..just put the cd in>right click open,in one of the folders will be large dat file>copy and paste that file to your hard drive and just rename the extension to mpg.U dont need to convert it its still an mpg.

MetroStars
09-25-2003, 03:59 PM
i tried copyig and pasting it, but i just stayed a DAT file, even tho i named it MPEG & AVI

iam just checking out the guide on DOOM9.org

Gre1
09-25-2003, 04:05 PM
To save u some time and trouble just upload it as a vcd unless it's a new movie that hasn't been released.

ck-uk
09-25-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@25 September 2003 - 15:59
i tried copyig and pasting it, but i just stayed a DAT file, even tho i named it MPEG & AVI

iam just checking out the guide on DOOM9.org
Once the dat files on your harddrive..where ever u put it.At the top if the window click tools >folder options>view>then remove a tick from hide known file extension>then right click the file>rename and just change the DAT not the whole name to mpg or mpeg.Then put the tick back if u like.And yeah u may as well share the mpg ..if u re-encode it to avi u'll lose quality

Gre1
09-25-2003, 04:16 PM
I recommend instead of doing that u just get isobuster and open it up in there then go to the mpegav folder then clik on the aveseq01.dat then right clik and select extract but filter mfm2 frames then when it asks u where to save just change the file extension to aveseq.mpg then after than it has to be re-encoded back to .avi if this isobuster thing doesn't work let me know. Also, yes encoding to .avi will lose quality.

ck-uk
09-25-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Gre1@25 September 2003 - 16:16
I recommend instead of doing that u just get isobuster and open it up in there then go to the mpegav folder then clik on the aveseq01.dat then right clik and select extract but filter mfm2 frames then when it asks u where to save just change the file extension to aveseq.mpg then after than it has to be re-encoded back to .avi if this isobuster thing doesn't work let me know. Also, yes encoding to .avi will lose quality.
I dont quite understand u there Gre1..U'd rather install an unneed program just to rename and extension.When all u have to do is click afew buttons to do it manually..which will be done by the time isobusters even installed

Gre1
09-25-2003, 04:31 PM
That's just what I do. I was just recommending that.

Dapadipz
09-25-2003, 04:34 PM
isnt there a way to do it using VCDGear?

Gre1
09-25-2003, 05:06 PM
Yep, almost as easy as renaming it u just input the file select the format (in this case dat>mpeg) then hit start.