PDA

View Full Version : Thundernews 50% Off Lifetime Special For May - All Plans

newsgroup67344
05-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Hello all

Been on here before but i dont even remember the email i used since then..

Anyhow, needed a new provider - found this special on thundernews hidden away and i thought id be nice and share.

http://www.thundernews.com/mayspecial.php
coupon code is on there.

It's 50% off all the plans located here:
http://www.thundernews.com/signup.php

Reading up on them, they seem to be a solid service and giving em a try. So far, so good.

b1scu1t
05-21-2009, 02:06 AM
My 2 cents worth below.

I was curious and I signed up for a trial account and I must say, I am quite happy with their performance.

I am currently using astraweb and as much as I don't have much to complain, I did notice that astraweb's data center seems to be in San Jose CA, whereas thundernews which seems to be a highwinds reseller have their datacenter here in Northern VA

I am noticing a slight improvement in performance using thundernews vs astrweb I must say(3300-3400 kBps vs 2800 kBps). Performance may vary for other users obviously.

ericab
05-21-2009, 03:58 AM
I *love* how this is coming from people with under 5 posts.

absolutley *Love* it.

/me winks

SonsOfLiberty
05-21-2009, 04:14 AM
I am currently using astraweb and as much as I don't have much to complain, I did notice that astraweb's data center seems to be in San Jose CA, whereas thundernews which seems to be a highwinds reseller have their datacenter here in Northern VA

Right next to FBi/CiA head quarters sweet!

unoriginal
05-21-2009, 05:55 AM
[

Um, you know that Giganews also colos their setup in Ashburn, VA as well right? And AT&T was caught with their spying equipment in a phone room in San Francisco a few years back. It doesnt really matter where you have things setup. If the feds want to watch someone there really isnt much that we end users can do to stop them from dropping their equipment into an isp's data stream.

thadiyan
05-21-2009, 02:51 PM
What relevance does my your comment about my having 5 posts pertain to your snarky comment? Some people don't post incessantly in all forums they browse.

SonsOfLiberty
05-21-2009, 03:31 PM
[

Um, you know that Giganews also colos their setup in Ashburn, VA as well right? And AT&T was caught with their spying equipment in a phone room in San Francisco a few years back. It doesnt really matter where you have things setup. If the feds want to watch someone there really isnt much that we end users can do to stop them from dropping their equipment into an isp's data stream.

Ummm, yes I do...do I use Giganews?

What relevance does my your comment about my having 5 posts pertain to your snarky comment? Some people don't post incessantly in all forums they browse.

What the hell are talking about? You arent' either of those people above unless your using 2 nicks, and when people post about this type of stuff and it's their first post advertising a Newsgroup service, well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out :whistling

Mpeace
05-21-2009, 10:18 PM
I use ngroups..I have loved them minus a few downtimes on the ssl servers..

SonsOfLiberty
05-21-2009, 10:23 PM
You use Newsgroups? Or do you use what this thread is talking about, as in Thundernews?

Mpeace
05-21-2009, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't use thundernews..I use a company called Ngroups.net they seem ok used them for about the last 1 yr or so. I haven't tried giganews but I have heard good things about them. I have been here since 06 using newsgroups. Wouldn't touch torrents ever again. I prefer to use news servers that are somewhat established rather than a 5 poster talking about a new one..always makes me wonder

SonsOfLiberty
05-22-2009, 03:37 AM
You get good prices? If you thinking about switching, Astraweb has the $11 a month special and is unlimited and is on par with Giganews, except of course the price, you get exactly the same thing with Astraweb as you would with Giganews and SSL is free with Astra.

ericab
05-22-2009, 04:09 AM
You get good prices? If you thinking about switching, Astraweb has the $11 a month special and is unlimited and is on par with Giganews, except of course the price, you get exactly the same thing with Astraweb as you would with Giganews and SSL is free with Astra.

this is very true;
however id like to add that i believe astraweb *does* take the cake when it comes to giganews & DMCA takedown notices.
when i was with giganews, i ran across that problem many, many times.
it makes sense though, take the biggest fish down first, and the others follow.
astraweb in my book, is king.

hands down.

Mpeace
05-22-2009, 09:05 AM
I pay 9.00 a month US for an SSL connection with 220 day retention and unlimited dl..8 connections..I like ngroups..

SonsOfLiberty
05-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Just like Astra except it's 20 connections but I barely use 4 :lol: Astra takes down the big name shit, but it takes awhile for them to do it, then Giganews follows shortly after.

MrBackup
05-23-2009, 10:49 AM
I pay 9.00 a month US for an SSL connection with 220 day retention and unlimited dl..8 connections..I like ngroups..

What is the provider in which you pay $9 US/month? Ngroups has no such service for that price.

Thanks very much.

rippinitup4fun
05-23-2009, 01:52 PM

What is the provider in which you pay $9 US/month? Ngroups has no such service for that price.

Thanks very much.

They had some special awhile back offering it. I think it was called Shocktober special or something.

hdjunky
05-24-2009, 05:23 PM
You could get these prices from other resellers of Highwinds News.

MrBackup
05-24-2009, 07:04 PM
You could get these prices from other resellers of Highwinds News.

Thunder, Thunder, ThunderNews!!, for example?

zot
05-27-2009, 11:22 PM
In case anyone doesn't already know, Thundernews and Newsdemon are run by the same people.

MrBackup
05-28-2009, 09:20 AM
And what difference does exist between them? Or are they equal?

SonsOfLiberty
05-28-2009, 07:06 PM
If Thundernews and Newsdemon are the same, well I wouldn't expect them to be much different, maybe by server locations.