PDA

View Full Version : Bittorrent Support Section

Skiz
05-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Bittorrent Support Section (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-support-176/)!!1!½ :O

Stellar
05-21-2009, 07:29 AM
ZOMG!!!1!

That section has been needed for a long time. Better late than never!

The_Martinator
05-21-2009, 07:48 AM
ZOMG!!!1!

That section has been needed for a long time. Better late than never!

+1 There's been a lot of threads titled help, cannot log in is FSC down,... etc.

Allthough, most of those just got disabled for trading, but still, it was needed.

zedex
05-21-2009, 08:38 AM
will need to get used to it but its for the best

Benjamin
05-21-2009, 11:55 AM
No more reading "My account is banned for cheating/trading anyone know the iRC?!"

Thank you.

The_Martinator
05-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Btw, why is Stellar disabled? He seemed a good guy to me.

cinephilia
05-21-2009, 03:42 PM
yeah, i'd be curious to know why he got disabled.

stoi
05-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Because he gave the OP in the PSone thread an invite and posted his email.

or at least, thats what i presume its for

The_Martinator
05-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Because he gave the OP in the PSone thread an invite and posted his email.

or at least, thats what i presume its for

Yep, confirmed by the staff.

shipwreck
05-21-2009, 04:16 PM
So he / she got disabled for being nice, while there are dozens of scamming trader tards still running havoc? Way to go.

1000possibleclaws
05-21-2009, 06:02 PM
He got temp disabled for trying to give an invite to a new member, which so obviously broke the rules in public. It was a little harsh so it's gone now.

So he / she got disabled for being nice, while there are dozens of scamming trader tards still running havoc? Way to go.

Yeah? Well why don't you report them then. I disable as many of them as get reported with proof. If you're not a trader I wouldn't even know how you can make the assumption that there are tons of scammers right now.

shipwreck
05-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah? Well why don't you report them then. I disable as many of them as get reported with proof. If you're not a trader I wouldn't even know how you can make the assumption that there are tons of scammers right now.

I don't need to trade myself to notice the complaints about scams in the trading section. Neither do I need to be Einstein to figure out that quite a few of those "ratio proofs" posted there are obviously faked / cheated. And the last thing I need is to become a Gestapo-like informer to make your life as a moderator easier.

However, I need common sense to see that banning nice people like Stellar, who basically wanted to help a newbie out and did not 'gain' anything out of it, is wrong, especially if it happened without warning.

1000possibleclaws
05-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey, I've got nothing against Stellar, ffs I've even invited him places. He got the standard infraction for what he did and now it's been reversed cause it was a little harsh. Didn't think he needed a warning originally because he had another active infraction. Hope that explanation satiated you. Now don't be a troll, piss off eh?

shipwreck
05-21-2009, 06:52 PM
I just replied to your question(s) without sucking up. If that's 'trolling', it's fine with me.

I did notice however that you removed the 'ban'. Kudos for that.

1000possibleclaws
05-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Wouldn't it be grand if I nailed you on rule 14? I'm not as much of an asshole as you think I am and don't like suck ups either. Guess I'm just misinterpreting your vagueness and naivety in "she got disabled for being nice" with trolling. :dabs:

Anyways this has gone way off-topic.

shipwreck
05-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Do as you wish, it's your choice.

Just for the record though, I never said that you are an "asshole", nor did I imply anything like that, I don't even know you! And I don't even know who banned Stellar in first place. I just strongly disagreed with the decision, and refused to suck up, that's all.

I agree however that this is going way off topic.

Villalltheway
05-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Whats the porblem T.S.O.L is only up holding the rules, but even he thought it may have been a bit harsh and reversed his dicision so whats wrong.

KFlint
05-21-2009, 07:50 PM
That's a nice addition, it will keep the BT section cleaner. I just hope people will think of visiting the sub-forum to help others.

Stellar
05-21-2009, 08:14 PM
I was actually kinda thrilled that I'd have more time on my hands for the next couple of days. :lol:

Anyway, I can't wait to see more topics in the support forum (yeah weird I know). It's young so there's not much to contribute at the moment, but I'm sure some clueless people will come stumbling in soon. I put a link to the support forum in my sig to bring attention to it. ;)

1000possibleclaws
05-21-2009, 09:11 PM
That's a nice addition, it will keep the BT section cleaner. I just hope people will think of visiting the sub-forum to help others.

Ya I hope this one will catch on :lol:. I'll be leaving redirects if users post their problems in the BT forum to hopefully get people who skip over this thread to realize we have a new section for help.

IdolEyes787
05-21-2009, 09:13 PM

He didn't get disabled for being nice he got disabled for breaking the rules.Although in this case the disabling for 2 days should be viewed as more a reinforcement against doing it again than any real penalty .

And if your are suggesting that minor offenses are best overlooked and that only major ones matter I think that's a slippery slope to go down and I can find you about 10,000 policemen who might disagree with the philosophy.

Paracetamol
05-21-2009, 10:01 PM
I can find you about 10,000 policemen who might disagree with the philosophy.

Yes, but policemen are dicks. No need for dicks on the internet. Shouldn't we get a reprieve somewhere for crying out loud?

IdolEyes787
05-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Everyone hates policemen until they are in need of one.

Stellar
05-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Sorry to butt in, but can we all just get along? Come on folks... hug it out. :wub:

I'd like to talk about the pressing issues that face the BT support forum.

IdolEyes787
05-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Why do you equate having a simple discussion with not getting along?

No wonder you were disabled.:rolleyes:

Stellar
05-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Well in the previous pages there appeared to be an argument. Or maybe it was a friendly conversation? :P

The hugs thing was in jest, obviously. I'd rather have all of you spilling gore.

shipwreck
05-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Just for the record: I only didn't reply to your post IdolEyes787 because there have been enough off topic posts in this thread already, as mentioned earlier.

This said, I didn't see this little discussion as "not getting along" either, even if I have been accused of trolling, for whatever reason. I disagreed with a decision and expressed my view on it. So to sum it up: I'm cool. You cool? We cool.

Paracetamol
05-22-2009, 01:47 AM

I hate them then, too. Blanket statements make you look stupid.

IdolEyes787
05-22-2009, 02:07 AM
The hugs thing was in jest, obviously. I'd rather have all of you spilling gore.
Sadly no encouragement needed.

Just for the record: I only didn't reply to your post IdolEyes787 because there have been enough off topic posts in this thread already, as mentioned earlier.

This said, I didn't see this little discussion as "not getting along" either, even if I have been accused of trolling, for whatever reason. I disagreed with a decision and expressed my view on it. So to sum it up: I'm cool. You cool? We cool.

I'm always cool unfortunately people don't always see that.

I hate them then, too. Blanket statements make you look stupid.

I could attempt to explain that it is just a saying and not a personal belief but maybe it's better in this case to just agree

Yes ,yes they do.

Yes, but policemen are dicks.

kondrae
05-22-2009, 06:11 AM
Great idea on new section. now lets hope people post their questions in the right place, considering how lost they are sometimes and cant searchfst/google

brightsid
05-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Fantastic idea, a really useful section :)
Maybe someone could gather trackers irc channels in sticky topic ;)

1000possibleclaws
05-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Fantastic idea, a really useful section :)
Maybe someone could gather trackers irc channels in sticky topic ;)

Ya we've got one of those already. The only reason I haven't copied it over into there is that I haven't done the work of compiling it and it hasn't been censored at all or anything. I guess it would be good to have it'll be in there soon.

brightsid
05-22-2009, 07:38 PM
yea you have to censor a lot of things

Cabalo
05-22-2009, 09:06 PM
http://magculture.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/yummy_coverphoto_real.jpg
hmm, that new section sure looks yummy !