PDA

View Full Version : Emule

shaell
09-25-2003, 09:55 PM
I usually use emule to download softwares.So is there any credit cheat for emule
like PL cheat in k-lite.

VB
09-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Yes. But it will result in you being banned.

james_bond_rulez
09-25-2003, 10:28 PM
fucking leechers

shaell
09-26-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@25 September 2003 - 23:28
fucking leechers
How the fuck do u know i leech?I upload more than i download.I have been only uploading for the past 7 days just to get my credits up.So just BACKOFF ASSHOLE!

james_bond_rulez
09-26-2003, 10:16 AM
then why are you asking for cheats?

if you have the credits just use it to download

shaell
09-26-2003, 10:33 AM
Never say no to an added advantage.SO i suppose u dont even use the PL cheat in k-lite.

james_bond_rulez
09-26-2003, 10:39 AM
it's intergrated into the program and on by default. so are you calling everybody a liar and cheater?

I use emule too and I upload the same amount as I download. leechers can use the cheat to download freely off of others. that's not fair to the rest who contribute to the community.

balamm
09-26-2003, 10:43 AM
The emule credit system doesn't work. If you're on a monthly cap, you can't afford to have constant uploads and no downloads.
Use NetLimiter to balance that.
Set emule to unlimited downloads and 80% uploads. Then set netlimiter to your 1/3 ratio or is it 1/4 ?? About 5k to start.
Whatever, if you start getting downloads, then you can increase your upload bandwidth accordingly.
The Emule program won't know the difference. You can tweak the connection type in emule to get better results too.
If you're using XP with the built in firewall, get a different firewall to get yourself a high ID. Don't turn it off, emule is filthy with hacks. Sygate works well with emule. Just sit back and watch all the blocked connection attempts to system services coming from emule traffic.

james_bond_rulez
09-26-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by balamm@26 September 2003 - 10:43
The emule credit system doesn't work. If you're on a monthly cap, you can't afford to have constant uploads and no downloads.
Use NetLimiter to balance that.
Set emule to unlimited downloads and 80% uploads. Then set netlimiter to your 1/3 ratio or is it 1/4 ?? About 5k to start.
Whatever, if you start getting downloads, then you can increase your upload bandwidth accordingly.
The Emule program won't know the difference. You can tweak the connection type in emule to get better results too.
If you're using XP with the built in firewall, get a different firewall to get yourself a high ID. Don't turn it off, emule is filthy with hacks. Sygate works well with emule. Just sit back and watch all the blocked connection attempts to system services coming from emule traffic.
again i am stunned at balamm's experience and resourcefulness at software

:D

Edit: I use zonealarm and I notice I am being flooded after I close emule(takes a long time to close it too :(). and watch za block all those access attempts at my port 4662

i just change my mac in my router and get a new ip

balamm
09-26-2003, 11:00 AM
I get flooded for up to three days after i close emule. Even if I change mac, my ip's are leased for 3 days at a time so the ISP still directs them to my modems mac. Just reset the modem and block emule in your firewall when you exit. That's about all you can do.

james_bond_rulez
09-26-2003, 11:12 AM
i guess shaw is different than telus

if I get a new ip all the flooding is gone...

james_bond_rulez
09-26-2003, 12:11 PM
excellent i got it to work with my za

does this method work with shareaza too?

just wondering

james_bond_rulez
09-26-2003, 12:21 PM
damn it I just checked with my isp and they are capping my bandwidth now

1 GB upload a month?! that sucks

http://promo.telus.com/enhancedhighspeed/jump2pcms.html

james_bond_rulez
09-26-2003, 12:48 PM
mm yeah balam one more question

do you need to set expert rulez in zonealarm to get high ID in emule

i find if I use za I always get low ID, even if i grant emule full access rights and server rights?

any thoughts?

balamm
09-26-2003, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure how that works cause with sygate on full stealth and max protection, And ISA server and BlackIce installed as well, I still get a high ID in win2k server. In XP, I get a low ID with the XP firewall, but not if I change it to sygate only.
I'm not sure what it's blocking. With the low ID I notice I hardly get any uploads but still get downloads. I just have to drop the firewall for a minute to connect to a server.
I think it's just a screwy system all round.

james_bond_rulez
09-26-2003, 01:29 PM
well i dont know either

i find if i dont use za and just rely on my router, i get high id

maybe i'll check out seagate firewall

yeah emule has its disadvantages with the servers and the credit system

otherwise it'd be a great p2p.

balamm
09-26-2003, 01:39 PM
I just looked at your plan. That sucks big!@! I was considering a change but not anymore.
That $44.95 for three months is only $25 a month for 6 months through the "buy a modem" plan at futureshop. The terms of service still suck too much though.

Three email accounts? I get 7 plus 70mb webspace, 6 gig down, 2 up per month, loosely monitored. Oh and up to 4mb total bandwidth.

james_bond_rulez
09-26-2003, 01:45 PM
maybe you could enlighten me with shaw's packages

i got a phone call from a telemarketer telling me to switch to shaw.

shaw's got the screwy "light" plan, i dunno what the hell that was

:D

balamm
09-26-2003, 01:51 PM
I think it's equivalent to adsl. About 512k instead of the advertised 2mb line on regular broadband. $20 - $25 a month for lightspeed. You should be able to get 6 months at about $25 with high speed. No need to buy the modem.

james_bond_rulez
09-26-2003, 01:58 PM
High-Speed Internet - $37.95**

At last, the Internet becomes your faithful servant, delivering vibrant multimedia and rich interactivity to your desktop. Shaw High-Speed is the ultimate Internet connection and includes everything you need to enjoy the World Wide Web for one low monthly price.

70 MB of personal webspace (10 MB per email address)
Download speeds of up to 100 times faster than dial-up
Multiple internet connections - first 2 IP addresses free
Webmail - Global access to email
7 personal email addresses
Always on connection
No time limits
24/7 customer service
Secure and reliable access
Access to Shaw's Customizable home page
Modem rental option also available
Constant network performance monitoring

*Must subscribe to Shaw Basic Cable, otherwise $29.95/mth. Introductory offer. One time only. Only available in Shaw Digital and Shaw High-Speed Internet areas.
**Requires the purchase of a Shaw Cable Modem. Monthly rental option also available. Minimum system requirements for Shaw High-Speed Internet: For Windows 98 or NT - Pentium or greater, 32 MB of ram. For Macintosh - Power PC 601 or greater, System 7.6.1 or higher, 32MB of ram - 24MB minimum. Networking not included. Extra charges may apply for specialty Ethernet cards.

I'd say it's the same, yeah. I am paying something like 43 dollars a month including tax. I dont really care about the personal webspace or the emails, cuz i dont use them. shaw is a little better att he download speed...4 Mb. other than that i'd say it's the same with my telus adsl.

I never download above the 1Mb speed. not sure why but just rarely download at that speed.

so i am ok with it. if I switch now i'd have to buy the cable modem again. it's another investment

I think you have to buy the modem or you have to pay a monthly fee to rent the modem.

balamm
09-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Well that $39.95 turns into $49.95 pretty quick, then add utilities tax, GST, PST, Transit, blah blah blah and it's up around $65 a month. Maybe a bit more.

The 4mb would be rare, if you had 10 occurances of directx downloading at full speed you might see 2mb. No servers can give that kinda speed generally. Not basic file or website servers anyway.

james_bond_rulez
09-26-2003, 02:10 PM
why are you considering a change? no enough upload bandwidth?

edit: hey balamm does that trick of yours work on shareaza? I am limiting my upload at 5k but I dont see my download increasing, it's locked at 5k as well.... :D

balamm
09-26-2003, 02:15 PM
Never tried any of those other peer to peers. It works with all I have tried though.

I was just getting tired of bandwidth restrictions and don't want to pay $10,000 :blink: to have a dedicated line put in. I ain't that serious about it but I would like to play with some more protocols and features in win2k advanced server.
Shaw claims I'm not even allowed to connect to them with this OS.

james_bond_rulez
09-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by balamm@26 September 2003 - 14:15
Never tried any of those other peer to peers. It works with all I have tried though.

I was just getting tired of bandwidth restrictions and don't want to pay $10,000 :blink:  to have a dedicated line put in. I ain't that serious about it but I would like to play with some more protocols and features in win2k advanced server.
Shaw claims I'm not even allowed to connect to them with this OS.
10,000? are you putting in a optic fiber or something? :D :D

ps: never believe what shaw says :D

I never did!! :P

heh are they stupid or something? as long as you use TCP/IP protocols you can connect with any OS.

what BS from shaw :angry:

james_bond_rulez
09-27-2003, 01:42 AM
according to my observation

balamm's method with shareaza doesn't work. I've been uploading locked at 5k and the download never exceeded that.

looks like shareaza has a better credit system than emule? :blink: