PDA

View Full Version : World's 25 dumbest laws

VinX
05-24-2009, 10:41 AM
1. The head of any dead whale found on the British coast is legally
the property of the King; the tail, on the other hand, belongs to the
Queen - in case she needs the bones for her corset.

2. In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman’s genitals
but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examination;
he may only see their reflection in a mirror.

3. In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague.

4. In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their
husbands to wear false teeth.

5. In Boulder, Colorado, it is illegal to kill a bird within the city
limits and also to “own” a pet – the town’s citizens, legally
speaking, are merely “pet minders”.

6. In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the
ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

7. In Chester, Welshmen are banned from entering the city before
sunrise and from staying after sunset.

8. In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon more than
six-feet long.

9. In Florida, unmarried women who parachute on Sundays can be jailed.

10. In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do
so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his
vehicle.

11. In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be punished by death before a
firing squad.

12. In London, Freemen are allowed to take a flock of sheep across
London Bridge without being charged a toll; they are also allowed to
drive geese down Cheapside.

13. In England, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of
longbow practice a day.

14. In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation.

15. In Miami, Florida, it is illegal to skateboard in a police station.

16. In Lancashire, no person is permitted after being asked to stop by
a constable on the seashore to incite a dog to bark

17. In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere
she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.

18. Royal Navy ships that enter the Port of London must provide a
barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.

19. In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.

20. In Alabama, it is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while
driving a vehicle.

21. Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is
illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know,
though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing.

22. In France, it is forbidden to call a pig Napoleon.

23. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the
British monarch upside down.

24. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.

25. It is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs
or corpses.

Bonus:
Detonation of a nuclear device in the city will lead to the payment of
a fine of $ 500. (Local Law in the city of Chico, California)

I would hate to live in indonesia .. rofl

TheFoX
05-24-2009, 04:15 PM
How do you conceal a weapon that is probably longer than you are tall?

Some of those laws date way back, but some of them are very recent, like the redneck laws of the southern states.

Mr JP Fugley
05-24-2009, 07:08 PM
What a load of shite.

100%
05-24-2009, 10:21 PM
It is illegal to not wear a life vest on a boat.
yet
It is legal to swim without one.

sez
05-24-2009, 10:29 PM
In rome its illegal to be a prostitute if your name is mary..

pffm
05-24-2009, 10:42 PM
In rome its illegal to be a prostitute if your name is mary..

LOL I think as a matter of marketing to be named Mary is good if you're a prostitute, the business would improve. :)

tesco
05-24-2009, 10:47 PM
It is illegal to not wear a life vest on a boat.
yet
It is legal to swim without one.
:pinch:

pentomato
05-24-2009, 10:53 PM
wasn't President Regan who signed a law making oral sex illegal?

TheFoX
05-24-2009, 11:18 PM

Bill Clinton repealed that law, specifically for Monica.

Albo Da Kid
05-24-2009, 11:34 PM
In America it's legal for black people to call each-other and white people "nigger/Nigga" but if a white person calls them a nigga, it's considered as a hate crime

pentomato
05-25-2009, 12:06 AM
In America it's legal for black people to call each-other and white people "nigger/Nigga" but if a white person calls them a nigga, it's considered as a hate crime

No it is not, please a hate crime. They don't like it, but it is not a crime.

pentomato
05-25-2009, 12:08 AM

Bill Clinton repealed that law, specifically for Monica.

The country was never better than with Clinton, that teaches us that sex is a great relaxing thing to do.

Mr JP Fugley
05-25-2009, 12:28 AM

Did you know you were a racist.

Villalltheway
05-25-2009, 01:12 AM

I could be wrong since im not from the states but isnt there a thing about freedoom of speach, so how can it be a hate crime??????

Albo Da Kid
05-25-2009, 03:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XURRzofbMc0

it's nto really a law but you can get in deep shit sometimes for using it

Albo Da Kid
05-25-2009, 03:53 AM
fukin old fashion case of "We the black people are always the victims!!!" rightt??

at least in the states.. i don't think black people around the world have this same kind of mentality.. Matter fact I've heard that blacks in Europe are more cultured and get along with the whites wonderfully.

Racism isn't even an issue over there as I've heard

pentomato
05-25-2009, 09:39 AM
fukin old fashion case of "We the black people are always the victims!!!" rightt??

at least in the states.. i don't think black people around the world have this same kind of mentality.. Matter fact I've heard that blacks in Europe are more cultured and get along with the whites wonderfully.

Racism isn't even an issue over there as I've heard

Racism ins't an issue in the United States? Of course is not, slavery didn't exist either and blacks are tha majority, and they have the best houses and they are very well educated.
I don't even think there are blacks in the united states any more, that used to be years ago, but today I think they were swept under a rug.
Albo what kind of stuff are you in?

In a serious note, in the USA if you put an add on the newspaper, about renting an apartment, and if the note say not dogs or minorities allowed,
the lawsuit is going to be huge, but today in some places in Europe, that it is still allowed.

Sextent
05-25-2009, 12:01 PM
http://memory.loc.gov/rbc/amss/cw1/cw104040/001q.gif

pentomato
05-25-2009, 01:27 PM

Oh yeah the irish were discriminated here, but today they are the ones discriminating at least in Massachusetts, it is sad that in europe in some countries you still find those signs today.

Sextent
05-25-2009, 03:36 PM

Oh yeah the irish were discriminated here, but today they are the ones discriminating at least in Massachusetts, it is sad that in europe in some countries you still find those signs today.

Where do you see them, do tell.

Proper Bo
05-25-2009, 03:50 PM
On the internets.

pentomato
05-25-2009, 04:23 PM

I read newspapers from europe and in Spain a few months ago,a gipsy coulnd't get an apartment, some signs read not dogs or gipsies allowed.
It is sad but it still happens and in the old continent where you can't say nothing positive about Hitler ( there is nothing positive to say about him anyway) You can discriminate against minorities and get away with it.

Proper Bo
05-25-2009, 04:40 PM
why would a gypsy be renting an apartment anyway?

callum
05-25-2009, 05:04 PM
The gypos can just dress like normal people for the day and not steal anything when they view the aparment, problem solved. The dogs have fuck all chance of renting an apartment.

Spider_dude
05-25-2009, 06:33 PM
like gypo's could go a day without stealing stuff from stately homes.

pentomato
05-25-2009, 06:48 PM
The three of you won the award for retards racists of the day bravo.

Spider_dude
05-25-2009, 06:49 PM
you win the grammer award.

Snee
05-25-2009, 06:59 PM

I read newspapers from europe and in Spain a few months ago,a gipsy coulnd't get an apartment, some signs read not dogs or gipsies allowed.
It is sad but it still happens and in the old continent where you can't say nothing positive about Hitler ( there is nothing positive to say about him anyway) You can discriminate against minorities and get away with it.

Gypsy != irish, mong.

And Massachusetts doesn't have many actual irish people in it, for that matter.

The rest is just stupid.

Cabalo
05-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Matter fact I've heard that blacks in Europe are more cultured and get along with the whites wonderfully.
that's not necessarily true... keep in mind most european countries had overseas colonies and there's still much of that long time hatred in the colonized ones mentalities.

Snee
05-25-2009, 07:09 PM
And this thread is kind of shit, too. Hasn't there been at least one more just like it, already?

Like this board needs more copying and pasting.

chalice
05-25-2009, 07:18 PM

Were the people who are discriminating there (as you put it) born in Ireland? I very much doubt it. In which case, they're not Irish. They're American. This makes it more a matter for your country, not mine.

Also, I've travelled extensively in Europe. Worked there and lived there in many different countries. I've yet to come across one of those signs.

Are you really this stupid or are you just being a racist troll?

I can't decide.

callum
05-25-2009, 07:35 PM

How many categorys did you win one in?

Proper Bo
05-25-2009, 07:43 PM

how the cunting fuck was my post "retards racists"?

chalice
05-25-2009, 07:49 PM
:eyebrows:

Bo, have you not read this spastic's posts before.

It hasn't got a fucking notion. True story.

Sextent
05-25-2009, 07:53 PM

Were the people who are discriminating there (as you put it) born in Ireland? I very much doubt it. In which case, they're not Irish. They're American. This makes it more a matter for your country, not mine.

Also, I've travelled extensively in Europe. Worked there and lived there in many different countries. I've yet to come across one of those signs.

I can't decide.

I vote both.

Proper Bo
05-25-2009, 07:56 PM
:eyebrows:

Bo, have you not read this spastic's posts before.

It hasn't got a fucking notion. True story.

I have, I'm just waiting for him to make himself look even more of a genius by explaining how my post was racist.

Spider_dude
05-25-2009, 08:01 PM
none of you cunts fell for me rod.cunts.

chalice
05-25-2009, 08:02 PM
none of you cunts fell for me rod.cunts.

That's cos none of us are gypos, cunt.

Spider_dude
05-25-2009, 08:03 PM
grammar

Spider_dude
05-25-2009, 08:04 PM
although a spelling mistake in a post about grammar isn't really a rod i suppose. still you all drink gypsys pish, especially that flange with the posts.

chalice
05-25-2009, 08:09 PM
grammar

Saw that, like. Thought it was directed towards the mong so I left it.

Having said that, the chances of that flid picking you up on a spelling mistake are next to nothing.

It has trouble putting its fucking socks on.

pentomato
05-25-2009, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=pentomato;3222219]

Gypsy != irish, mong.

And Massachusetts doesn't have many actual irish people in it, for that matter.

The rest is just stupid.[/QUOT

What do you know about Massachusetts anyway, arguing with you about this state it is like talking to a wall anyway

pentomato
05-25-2009, 09:05 PM

I can't decide.

Read again bro, I never said those people are from Ireland, and who cares about you anyway.
So the Irish are perfect people? I don't think so, you you, never mind I can't insult the definition of you, by the way I missed you so much, nobody insults me like you lol

pentomato
05-25-2009, 09:08 PM

Isn't this racist enough?
Are you saying that gypsies are animals? Because it sounds like it, the way you talk about gypsies in europe, is the way many talk about blacks and other minorities here in US.

chalice
05-25-2009, 09:11 PM
I only need to read once to extract the idiocy from your post.

You said that the Irish were the ones who are discriminating in Massachusetts. I said that they aren't Irish. And they're not.

You fucking spastic.

chalice
05-25-2009, 09:19 PM

I can't decide.

Read again bro, I never said those people are from Ireland, and who cares about you anyway.
So the Irish are perfect people? I don't think so, you you, never mind I can't insult the definition of you, by the way I missed you so much, nobody insults me like you lol

You insult yourself, your mother, your father, your father's father and so on, by the cluelessness of your posts.

I'm sure your forebears would be rolling in their graves at the utter nitwittery displayed by a congenital descendant of theirs.

Unless, of course, that descendant was a fucking slug-like creature such as yourself. As to which, they'd simply deny all knowledge.

Proper Bo
05-25-2009, 09:25 PM

Isn't this racist enough?
Are you saying that gypsies are animals? Because it sounds like it, the way you talk about gypsies in europe, is the way many talk about blacks and other minorities here in US.

No, explain why me asking why a gypsy would be looking to rent an apartment is racist.

Something Else
05-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Anyone got an apartment to rent. :ninja:

Skiz
05-25-2009, 11:31 PM

No it isn't. Read our First Amendment to The Constitution.

Rat Faced
05-26-2009, 01:28 PM
13. In England, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of
longbow practice a day.

This is just plain Bollocks and makes us look daft..

It's actually only 2 Hours every Sunday, and must be carried out under the supervision of the Clergy :snooty:

Barbarossa
05-26-2009, 01:32 PM
11. In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be punished by death before a
firing squad.

What's the point in shooting them when they're already dead :blink:

Rat Faced
05-26-2009, 01:36 PM
So that the Soldiers dont feel guilty, obviously

lamuller
05-26-2009, 02:01 PM

I can't decide.

I lived in many countries in Europe, and you can say all you want to, and insult the hell out of anyone here, but old Europe is a very racist continent, you get away with so much there, denying jobs to minoritie etc etc, There are not consecuences, in the United States, you discriminate been a bussines or anyone else, and I'll see you in court, there are consecuences here dear sir.
Before you insult anyone for writing the truth, get yourself inform, or better open your eyes, "there is nothing worst, that someone not wanting to see the truth"

And stop with the spelling crap already, ignorance is prevalent around here.
Been of Irish descent, makes anyone Irish period, and yes Ireland I lived there yes, and let me tell you, racism is very real there. In a country were there is not religious tolerance, you tell me the kind of country you live in.
Sincerelly
lamuller

Proper Bo
05-26-2009, 02:06 PM
he lives in ireland, like.

brotherdoobie
05-26-2009, 02:09 PM

I can't decide.

I lived in many countries in Europe, and you can say all you want to, and insult the hell out of anyone here, but old Europe is a very racist continent, you get away with so much there, denying jobs to minoritie etc etc, There are not consecuences, in the United States, you discriminate been a bussines or anyone else, and I'll see you in court, there are consecuences here dear sir.
Before you insult anyone for writing the truth, get yourself inform, or better open your eyes, "there is nothing worst, that someone not wanting to see the truth"

Been of Irish descent, makes anyone Irish period, and yes Ireland I lived there yes, and let me tell you, racism is very real there. In a country were there is not religious tolerance, you tell me the kind of country you live in.
Sincerelly
lamuller

Most obvious dupe account - ever.

-bd

lamuller
05-26-2009, 02:38 PM

Sincerelly
lamuller

-bd

Is that all you have a dupe account?

Rat Faced
05-26-2009, 02:39 PM
I think Gingers are the only Minority without legal protection to the Max here.

Feel really sorry for Skweeky's young 'un :(

/me is really glad he posted that AFTER he saw her on Sunday

Barbarossa
05-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Fat people.
Although they're rapidly becoming a majority actually.

Snee
05-26-2009, 02:42 PM

Sincerelly
lamuller

-bd
People don't magically un-become stupid idiots just because they log on with another account, you know.

Rat Faced
05-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Fat people.

They can always claim to be American and get covered by the Race Relations. :angel_not

Cheese
05-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Fat people.

I saw a fat person eating a baby the other day, I was like "Wtf dude? Babies aren't delicious." But he just carried on eating it ... :(

True story.

Barbarossa
05-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Fat people will eat anything. :no:

That's why they're so fat.

Barbarossa
05-26-2009, 02:53 PM
I saw a fat person eat a kebab once.

Skweeky
05-26-2009, 02:54 PM
I think Gingers are the only Minority without legal protection to the Max here.

Feel really sorry for Skweeky's young 'un :(

/me is really glad he posted that AFTER he saw her on Sunday

Your two are ginger as well Sir, and they don't seem bothered at all.

Rat Faced
05-26-2009, 02:55 PM
True..

However, they're female and as such are covered by the Sex Discrimination Laws..

Cheese
05-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Fat people will eat anything. :no:

That's why they're so fat.

Plus they have no souls.

Rat Faced
05-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Actually, I take it all back.

The only Minority not covered is White, British, Able, Hetrosexual, Middle Aged Men.

Skweeky
05-26-2009, 02:58 PM
True..

However, they're female and as such are covered by the Sex Discrimination Laws..

I keep an open mind about the whole thing. At the moment he is looking blonde. Maybe he's a chameleon. Or he's a magical baby and knows how to cast charms.:unsure:

Skweeky
05-26-2009, 02:59 PM

The only Minority not covered is White, British, Able, Hetrosexual, Middle Aged Men.

Speaking of able; skiving again, are we?

Barbarossa
05-26-2009, 02:59 PM
In all the phoaties you've posted of him he's looked ginger, but I've been too polite to say up until now :happy:

Rat Faced
05-26-2009, 03:00 PM
True..

I keep an open mind about the whole thing. At the moment he is looking blonde. Maybe he's a chameleon. Or he's a magical baby and knows how to cast charms.:unsure:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/80/Triquetra-circle-interlaced.svg/200px-Triquetra-circle-interlaced.svg.png

Rat Faced
05-26-2009, 03:01 PM

I am... dunno about you :unsure:

Skweeky
05-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Yeah, it does look ginger most of the time. Gem had the same colour when he was a wee boy. Now his hair is nearly black though. Strange how things like that change over the years. :ermm: :lol:

Barbarossa
05-26-2009, 03:03 PM
I expect he dyes it

Skweeky
05-26-2009, 03:03 PM

I am... dunno about you :unsure:

I put CBeebies on, I suppose that counts as skiving.

Just made myself a cup of tea and only just realised, after drinking most of it, that the milk I used was off. :sick:

Skweeky
05-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I expect he dyes it

In that case, it's really quite ingenious how he gets the individual strands of grey in there.

Rat Faced
05-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Just made myself a cup of tea and only just realised, after drinking most of it, that the milk I used was off
Thats how rumours about dirty French cheese eaters get started...

chalice
05-26-2009, 03:06 PM

I can't decide.

Sincerelly
lamuller

Being of Irish descent does not make you Irish. Not by a fucking long chalk. Irish descendants in America are reared in American culture, taught in American schools, immersed in everything American from the moment they are born. If they were drafted, they'd be fighting for America. Their children will be Americans.

What makes a person Irish is having been born in Ireland. Or at a stretch, their parent(s) having being born in Ireland and so entitling them to Irish citizenship and passport. Moreover, being born in Ireland and growing up there instils within a person a national identity as Irish. Same is true for any country in the world.

Where did I say Ireland was perfect? Or Europe for that matter? Of course there are ethnic problems. Show me a place on Earth that hasn't and I'll call you a fucking liar. Oh, and you are a fucking liar btw. I'd be very surprised if you'd travelled outside your home state, never mind lived in Ireland.

To try to say that litigation doesn't exist for the protection of ethnic minorities in Europe just illustrates how fucking clueless you truly are. There are consequences to everything and you'll be surprised to learn that this isn't limited to the good ole US of A. Equal opportunity legislation is enforced rigidly all over Europe. People just don't get away with things. Nobody is saying racism doesn't exist in Europe but nobody is saying that it is encouraged either.

As to dupe accounts. If you really wanna make a success of it, try not to make the same remedial spelling mistakes with both accounts. It could only be you. Your personal brand of monghood is unmistakably unique.

Barbarossa
05-26-2009, 03:07 PM
I expect he dyes it

In that case, it's really quite ingenious how he gets the individual strands of grey in there.

Attention to detail. I like that.

Rat Faced
05-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Thats a fucking Irish post.

Edit: Barbie, your timing is perfect, as ever.

Barbarossa
05-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Should've used the quote feature :smilie4:

Rat Faced
05-26-2009, 03:15 PM

Only good for small items IMHO :snooty:

Skweeky
05-26-2009, 03:15 PM

Attention to detail. I like that.

He's like that :yup:

Skweeky
05-26-2009, 03:17 PM

Only good for small items IMHO :snooty:

Too... many.... innuendos....

http://www.anatomorphex.com/picts/shatter/FX013_EXPLODING_HEAD.jpg

Snee
05-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Where did I say Ireland was perfect? Or Europe for that matter? Of course there are ethnic problems. Show me a place on Earth that hasn't and I'll call you a fucking liar. Oh, and you are a fucking liar btw. I'd be very surprised if you'd travelled outside your home state, never mind lived in Ireland.
He's been to Spain once. Their health care sucks because they wouldn't give him medicine when he stood in one of their pharmacies hollering like a mental, in american, or something.

Fact.

chalice
05-26-2009, 04:53 PM
He's been to Spain once. Their health care sucks because they wouldn't give him medicine when he stood in one of their pharmacies hollering like a mental, in american, or something.

Fact.

Ah, that explains it then. He has one bad experience in Europe then proceeds to label the whole continent as being openly racist with no legal structure to defend its citizens' rights.

Spain musta ran out of stupid pills that week. :01: