PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Versus Psx

Peaceplaya
09-26-2003, 03:15 AM
Hi, I am new to the gaming thing and wanted to know whats the difference between a Playstation game and a PSX console and games? Can the games be played on each of the other's console? :huh: Thanx. Peace

iMartin
09-26-2003, 03:20 AM
They are basicly the same thing, only the Playstation was an earlier verion. Lemme explain. The Playstation was ORIGANLLY desinged to be hooked up/compatible with the SNES. Remember, this was a long time ago. Anyways, Sony or Nintendo broke off the idea and became seprate projects. Since they broke off the idea, they started calling it the PSX. And the SNES remaned the same name.

So, like i said. PSX and Playstation are the same...in a sense. There were only a few (EXTREMLY RARE) original Playstation games. So, in a nut shell, they are the same thing.

(BTW, this should be in a different topic)

Peaceplaya
09-26-2003, 03:26 AM
Cool, thanx for the info, Yea, I couldnt figure out where to post the question :unsure: I appreciate the response. Peace..

kazaaliteuser007
09-27-2003, 03:40 PM
Also PSX is now the name of the New playstation which sony are going to release, it will come out as WHITE but more than likely new coloured shells will be out soon after.