PDA

View Full Version : Which Nintendo DS Cartridge?

{I}{K}{E}
05-28-2009, 02:42 PM
My mother just bought a new Nintendo DS. :yup:

I'm looking for the best media adapter/cardrigde that allows me to play homebrew / downloaded games.

I found several but i'm totally new to the DS so I don't know which is the best.

EDGEcard
R4/R4DS
EZ-Flash

Which would you recommend and why?

Thanks!

saulin
05-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Probably something by the M3 Team. I have a G6DS Real and I haven't found a game that doesn't work on it. Normally patches for the newest games are released very soon when needed. I don't think you can buy this one anymore, the M3 Team also has the M3DS Real which has better support by the team, I think they also made the M3 iTouch DS for the new DSi.

You can get better advice at www.gbatemp.net (http://www.gbatemp.net) because that's where most people with these devices hang out. Plus they have many reviews for flash carts. You want great features and great support. Not something that won't be supported that good.

Busyman
05-29-2009, 12:23 AM
I use the TT DS and have paid less than $7 for each.

No problems whatsoever.

R4DS sucks since you can't use more than a 2GB SD card.

respawn40
06-03-2009, 10:59 PM
I would definitely have to say that the CycloDS Evolution is the best Slot-1 card out there. It has a built-in anti-piracy fix, you don't need to do any patching of any sort for most games, there's an in-game text reader so that you can read walkthroughs, there's plenty of awesome skins, built-in cheats, a great support forum, it supports MicroSDHC cards, and so much more! It is a bit pricey, however, but I would say that it is well worth it.

And if you would want to play GBA games/use the Opera browser/have rumble, the CycloDS Evolution is also compatible with the EZFlash 3-in-1.

S!X
06-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Anyone heard of "Acekard2i" ? If so, is it any good?

saulin
06-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Anyone heard of "Acekard2i" ? If so, is it any good?

Is it for a DSi? If not then probably the DS Evolution or the M3 Real would be a better buy!

S!X
06-08-2009, 08:27 PM
:frusty:

S!X
06-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Bump...So I picked up a Acekard 2i the other day. Works great, loads fast, has a nice interface and you can download different skins for it as well. Would definitely recommend it. Only problem is I don't have a microSDHC card reader so I can put anything else on it yet!!

http://www.acekard.com/

{I}{K}{E}
06-12-2009, 03:19 PM
I bought a M3DS, works great!!

Came with a vibrator for the DS :P and a USB stick for the microcard

Disme
06-12-2009, 04:50 PM
It's too late since you already bought the M3DS, but i always recommend the DSTT.

I've used them for many years and whn using a trusted reseller they are the cheapest and best value for their money cards imo.

Good luck with it.

r_black
06-18-2009, 04:42 AM
If its a DSi, then Acekard 2.i
DS Lite should get Acekard 2.1

S!X
06-18-2009, 05:04 AM

The Acekard 2i works on both the DS Lite & DSi.

abu_has_the_power
06-18-2009, 03:37 PM
my friend has the cyclonds thing. i don't know if u can still buy it tho. i think it was targeted by Nintendo

r_black
06-18-2009, 07:51 PM

But if you have it on a DS Lite you would not be able to play games that would require the slot 2, such as "My Weight Loss Coach".

How you get the peripheral is another business though :whistling

S!X
06-18-2009, 11:47 PM

But if you have it on a DS Lite you would not be able to play games that would require the slot 2, such as "My Weight Loss Coach".

How you get the peripheral is another business though :whistling

Yes, that's true. The DS lite requires another expansion cart of somesort in order to play GBA games :pinch:

respawn40
06-21-2009, 05:42 PM
my friend has the cyclonds thing. i don't know if u can still buy it tho. i think it was targeted by Nintendo

I know that the R4 was targeted by Nintendo, but I don't think that the CycloDS was. There are still plenty of places that have it listed.

brento
06-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Definitely get the Edge card. It's inexpensive but it's terrific

SingaBoiy
07-10-2009, 08:12 PM
I use the R4i. Supports SDHC. Works great. Got a ton for cheap over at dealextreme

vegasx
07-10-2009, 10:04 PM
I always thought the R4 was the best. Very recommend by my friends.