PDA

View Full Version : seedbox.fr and keyweb.de

Mugur
05-30-2009, 12:36 PM
How about this providers? They are not mentioned too often here. Searching some older topics, I found out that seedbox.fr has horrible setup times and that keyweb.de is quite unfriendly with p2p. Have things changed? Would keyweb cancel your account if you use your box on private trackers?

MATEE100
05-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Seedbox.fr is slow as shit.I bought a few month ago a 100MBPS Seedbox with 30GB Storage and the max upload was 180kb/s.That wasn't a seedbox,but a leechbox!

Six66Mike
05-30-2009, 12:47 PM
I've heard you wanna stay away from Keyweb which is why I've never gone down that path. Germany isn't a place you want to host a seedbox, and from what I hear Keyweb is strict with enforcement and monitoring for that traffic.

TOrrentersOne
05-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Agree

Keyweb is not the place to go, you pay and never know how long your box will live ,
you can loss all your setup fees so far

if you need high speeds (not only local ones) and privacy I think best would be hosting-ie

Mugur
05-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Their VDS Raptor 1+ seems very interesting indeed. Anyone using it?

LE: Seems there are quite a lot of people annoyed with them.

TechnoMan80
05-30-2009, 01:45 PM
that is a vds server
on vmware I think
there are no setup fees I think so you can always try
I was using it long time a go and it was good that times

Mugur
05-30-2009, 01:47 PM
10 euros setup fee. Not including tax. All in all, it gets quite expensive in the first month.

TechnoMan80
05-30-2009, 07:03 PM
yeah it looks they have setup on it

but in my times it has only 100mbit connection now I see they are Gbit ones

so i think price is even lover than must be

BUNASSER
05-31-2009, 06:38 AM
It's a vds server

Tibbeh
05-31-2009, 06:15 PM
seedbox.fr sucks big time.
I have it now and upload speeds are terrible, torrents rare go over 1mB/s.
Download speeds are good from time to time. Max I've reached was about 15mB/s. But it stil sucks. Sometimes you have to wait minutes before you can see your torrents.
And ow jeah they give you an ftp account, but the speed is so unstable, 60kB/s then 450 kB/s ...

So I really don't recommand it.

kikou
06-02-2009, 03:40 AM
It's a vds server

Mugur
06-02-2009, 06:43 AM
It's a vds server

It's a vds server

And what's the point?

FransTormer
06-02-2009, 06:31 PM
It's a vds server

And what's the point?
Indeed, what's the point? I administer a huge amount of virtual machines and other, non-consolidated, servers in my profession yet have no problems making them work. Don't blame the technology, blame the person trying to run it.

Six66Mike
06-03-2009, 02:41 AM
Seedbox.fr dedicated plans look nice, 78 euro for 2x500gb drives and 100mbit unmetered, or 120 for 2x750gb with 8gb ram and 1gbit unmetered? That's pretty damn sweet.

Do you own/run your own hardware or are these serveres provided by someone else & you resell? There's no throttling like what server.lu are doing now and OVH have done in the past?

solaris
06-03-2009, 03:52 AM
i think seedbox.fr resell http://www.digicube.fr configs look same

(http://telecomsk.com/)

steph
06-03-2009, 08:16 AM
yes that's it (only dedicated servers).

Mugur
06-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Very strange indeed. I asked you something steph, but my post vanished and so did your older post, which I was quoting.
So, here's the question, again: how many people on server in the case of a 14 euros gigabox? But for a 28 euros one?

steph
06-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Yes Mugur, this forum is moderated, probably because messages appears like advertise. But I saw lot of other seedbox providers do it too... Contact us at support center directly.

shyman
06-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Agree

Keyweb is not the place to go, you pay and never know how long your box will live ,
you can loss all your setup fees so far

if you need high speeds (not only local ones) and privacy I think best would be hosting-ie

you say no-no for keyweb, and say yes for hosting-ie, which are keyweb resellers. why?

Six66Mike
06-04-2009, 03:43 AM
:o they are? Everyone has told me to stay clear of Keyweb, why would it be bad if a reseller can sell countless seedboxes but we shouldn't go direct to them? hmmm

Mugur
06-04-2009, 06:36 PM
[...]
Contact us at support center directly.

The ticket form asks for an order number, but I want to ask some questions before making the order.

steph
06-05-2009, 09:59 AM
there's a contact form at website, or indicate 0 (zero) in order field

seedbox.fr
06-10-2009, 10:55 AM
the max upload was 180kb/s.

Of course it's wrong.

kv0703x5
06-10-2009, 11:56 AM
it's actualy true.
I've had faster upload, but that was only for a few seconds.
Past the last days, I've had a maximum upload speed at 300kb/s. Average up speed: 50kb/s (not faster than my home connection.)
And the problem is that, even if max peer limit is @ 100, the client dosen't connect to more than ~3...
On a side note; I ordered 2 (TWO) FTP accounts, and so far I've only recived 1. I opened a ticked support and they said I'd get one within that day, but thats 5 days ago.
I'm sick of this seedbox.fr

Screenshot:
http://tinypic.com/r/15wjrxx/5
I jumped on those torrents less than 10 minutes after they were upped.

seedbox.fr
06-10-2009, 03:35 PM
http://tinypic.com/r/15wjrxx/5
I jumped on those torrents less than 10 minutes after they were upped.

You use an old transmission-remote version. A new one has been released. If you have speed problems contact support, we'll try to find a solution for you.

kv0703x5
06-10-2009, 04:28 PM
ok, so I've installed the newer remote.
But that dosen't solve the low upload speeds.

acidwash
06-22-2009, 08:26 PM
my personal opinion stay as far away from seedbox.fr/seedbox.cc as possibly

I got a seedbox from them extreemly slow set up time... the seedbox has now been down for 6 straight days... Ive messaged their support a few dozen times to get this fixed or send me a refund and they have done neither.

horrible customer service/support

steph
06-24-2009, 10:55 AM
horrible customer service/support

You forgot to talk about your problem ! You use an old tracker who doesn't accept last client version. We have downgraded your system (TWICE) and you are unhappy, always. Multiple message to support within minutes, incorrect language, no reply to our solutions. And it's too easy to report paypal dispute just at the end of period. When a customer has big problems like you, we always try to find a solution and we offer free periods if needed. But you prefer to get your money back after 25 days, don't be surprise if we don't hear you anymore.

regards

Ratio
06-28-2009, 09:38 PM
I'v used seedbox.fr. It was one of the first seedboxes I ever used (because it was so cheap lol) and to be honest it was awful. Never going to touch that again. It was so slow. For example it took like 15 minutes to add 1 torrent. Dunno how they are doing nowadays, could'nt care less.

mtwo
01-19-2010, 09:54 PM
still avoid, i signed up to use with revtt and tl. the upload speed is appaling, as for the download, well that presently doesent work for me at all, though it did work previously today. Ive filed a paypal claim for non receipt of service and am wondering why i was so stupid to not look up these people on the forum first!

youwantmyseed
02-04-2010, 02:05 AM
Stay away from the seedbox.cc/fr!

I ordered 2 similar services from obtrix.net and seedbox.fr to compare and go with one in the future. Wow! The seedbox.cc pretty much works as my internet did in 2002. 2 mbit down and 0.5 up. 3-4 times The speed reached 7 mb/s but that lasted 20 seconds tops. All torrents that were crap on seedbox.cc I stopped and ran them on obtrix. It was like downloading from another tracker. From Obtrix one will easily get 10 mb/s both ways.

My first problem with seedbox.fr appeared right away. I couldnt upload to the FTP. I created a ticket on the 27th of january and still no response.
3 days ago everything crashed and I couldnt log on anymore so I created another ticket. No response after 2 days and the seedbox still down. This morning I logged on to Paypal and requested my money back. The box was up one hour later, all data lost tho. They havent responded to any of my tickets yet.

Obtrix have good speeds but when I set up the seedbox they said 2-12 hours. 2 days later it wasnt running yet and the response I got was "we hope it will be up in the next 24 hours".

Dont wanna step on any toes but you know what they say about french people... :p

Rates:

seedbox.fr: 1/10 They get 1 because I had fun changing the app. on the web interface. Stay the hell away from this.

obtrix.net: 9/10 They promised 100/100 mbit and thats what I got. Except the late setup everything works perfectly. Downloading from the ftp gives me 8-9 mb/s.

p.s I have now 3 torrents on the seedbox.cc. 450 down and 300 up
I have also 3 torrents on the obtrix. 11.1 mb/s down and 7.9 mb/s up

vitamin
02-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Hi. I have to agree, my seedbox from seedbox.fr just worked for 6 hours. After that I havent been able to login. I have sent 5 mail, no answers. I payed the seedbox Jan 25th

@youwantmyseed, how do you claim your money back at Paypal?

SeedboxUP
02-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Hi. I have to agree, my seedbox from seedbox.fr just worked for 6 hours. After that I havent been able to login. I have sent 5 mail, no answers. I payed the seedbox Jan 25th

@youwantmyseed, how do you claim your money back at Paypal?

You can login to Paypal and open a dispute on the transaction. 5 emails and no answers within a 24 hour time frame seems poor.

vitamin
02-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Ok. Still no answer, over 13 days since the first mail... seedbox.fr sucks. Dont sign up with them!

Darude9000
03-09-2010, 05:41 PM
seedbox.fr is not worthy what it cost

UncleBob
03-09-2010, 07:14 PM
If you search for seedbox.fr, you'll find a huge thread 'bout 'em. I would never suggest using it even if it was free... Processing my order took about 10 days (and I was lucky comparing to others waiting for weeks). During 1 month my seedbox (actually entire server with only god knows how many seedboxes) was down for 1.5 weeks that were promised to compensate, but as soon as my month run out, access was disabled. When it was working, I hardly could maintain my ratio above 1.0, which sucks big time... Their support sucks million times more. Tickets remain unanswered for life. Fortunately, not so long life, coz you must be a real pro stupid to prolong your service with them. I gave away my account 1 week prior expiring to a random person and never was sorry 'bout that. (From him I actually knew they didn't compensate 1.5 weeks downtime).

mothis
03-12-2010, 02:50 PM
I used seedbox.fr for a while. The initial set-up time really sucked (it took them about a week). After I finally had access, it worked okay, but it wasn't anything special. I've switched to bytesized. If you can get an account, I definitely recommend it. €12/month for 100mb unmetered w/ 110gb of disk space. Now, I've only really gotten about 10 in either direction, but for that cheap I'm not complaining. On the FTP link, I've gotten around 4MB down. Again, it could be better, but it's not bad. Also, I haven't had any problems with reliability.