PDA

View Full Version : SP2 for 64-bit Vista

j2k4
05-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Anybody done it yet, with/without stories to tell.

Frankthetank1
05-30-2009, 10:03 PM
no i heard it was available but when i went to updates in my vista ultimate it wasn't available. Anyone know why?

j2k4
05-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Ah, it was the same deal with SP1.

SP2 can be DLed directly from MS now:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd262148.aspx

msalman
06-01-2009, 08:27 AM
y00 instal windows 7 its alot better then vista i test it on quad core with 2gb ram works v fast v nice smooth lovely os u need about 14gb for that baby instal in 13 mins make image from ghost enjoy it :)

j2k4
06-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Here's the low-down:

SP2 for Vista may not install on vlite versions of the OS, owing to any of a number of optional deletions/configurations available.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Perhaps one or more of you are aware of the particular particulars.

peat moss
06-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Sounds like a real cluster fuck , just like SP1 . Found some tips here :

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=767722&st=0

http://www.msfn.org/board/vLite_f153.html

SonsOfLiberty
06-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Best solution would be to grab the MSDN image and then slipstream SP2 into it.

peat moss
06-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Best solution would be to grab the MSDN image and then slipstream SP2 into it.

Oh their coming out , saw a 32 bit today .

Ultimate and Home Premium in 1 CD
Based on Windows Vista SP2 Final 32 Bit English
Auto Installation
Auto Activation (No Serial or Activation needed)
Minmum 265 MB Ram required only
Intergrated SP2 into OS (not an add on)
Very fast and stable
Aero theme
Side Bar
Printer support
Accept updates
Super fast install time
Only 2.8 GB hard drive space required for install
ISO Size: 699 MB
Compression Size: 682 MB

42er
06-09-2009, 09:27 PM
I haven't had any problems with the SP2 (yet).
My OS: Vista Home Premium

Appzalien
06-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Here's the low-down:

SP2 for Vista may not install on vlite versions of the OS, owing to any of a number of optional deletions/configurations available.

Forewarned is forearmed.

There's one thing I could never figure out. Why all these special integrated versions of OS's floating around. As if I couldn't decide for myself if I wanted IE7 or 8 or WMP11. I've slipstreamed SP's but not too much else, I don't want to put a sata driver on the disk that will be obsolete when I buy my next motherboard, unless the disk is an RW. And talk about Corporate editions of XP with cd keys integrated, there everywhere. The problem is the disk becomes usless or at least a pain if the key becomes blacklisted like they tend to do. But they still seem to be the most popular downloads around. There can't be that many stupid people out there can there? OH! Wait they elected Bush two times in a row, yep there's alot of stupid ones out there.

I installed SP2 on Vista 64 bit and everything went fine. The way Vista is put together, the SP cannot be integrated onto the disk, you have to get a retail version with SP2 on it and then you can use your original key to install it without having to update with sp2 afterwords..

j2k4
06-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Here's the low-down:

Forewarned is forearmed.

There's one thing I could never figure out. Why all these special integrated versions of OS's floating around. As if I couldn't decide for myself if I wanted IE7 or 8 or WMP11. I've slipstreamed SP's but not too much else, I don't want to put a sata driver on the disk that will be obsolete when I buy my next motherboard, unless the disk is an RW. And talk about Corporate editions of XP with cd keys integrated, there everywhere. The problem is the disk becomes usless or at least a pain if the key becomes blacklisted like they tend to do. But they still seem to be the most popular downloads around. There can't be that many stupid people out there can there? OH! Wait they elected Bush two times in a row, yep there's alot of stupid ones out there.

I installed SP2 on Vista 64 bit and everything went fine. The way Vista is put together, the SP cannot be integrated onto the disk, you have to get a retail version with SP2 on it and then you can use your original key to install it without having to update with sp2 afterwords..

Maybe the point is that owners of legitimate versions of Vista have treated their own discs to the vlite treatment, using the legit serials, etc., only to discover the version they've created thereby will not accomodate SP2.

I have two of one and two of the other...I suppose if I get a bug to do again it before Win7 comes out, I'll fix it.

But probably not.

SonsOfLiberty
06-28-2009, 04:29 AM
I've got XP legit (well I didn't buy it, but it's true legit, no cracks and perfectly legit, but I did not pay for it and legal :lol:).

Also I've installed 7 and I've forgotten my favorite OS XP and used it since when ever it first shipped, till the beginning of this year and got a new rig (yeah 8 years) and installed Vista first thing and what a shit for turds that experience was, I used Vista, till I finally got a leaked version of Windows 7, and then onto the RC and I'm not looking back, I think 7 is that good at least for my needs, but I do eventually one day installing XP on another partition just in case any bugs to arise, which none really haven't yet. But if I get Ultimate (which I do now with the RC) it will have XP Virtual OS Disk with it (you can grab the XP Vitrual from here and about anywhere else) and will have best of both worlds.

Appzalien
07-10-2009, 07:53 PM
I tried 7 too but I didn't like it at all. It really just ticked me off with stupid changes like add/remove programs no longer there, they had to change the name and all the double directory tree's half of which I'm not allowed to access. The darn folder has my name on it and I can't access it? To me its just change for change sake, nothing new all they did was fix all the crap they screwed up on Vista. Win 7 is Vista Junior, I want XP junior or XP2, an XP with directx10 and all the other goodies like the more efficient file system. I get sick and tired of having to learn the whole dang thing all over again everytime they make a new OS. Face it MS sucks, always have sucked and will suck to the end of time (dec2012).
When I got into PC's I thought every new OS would be more efficient, load faster and do more. HA! was I an Idiot or what?

Frankthetank1
07-16-2009, 06:25 AM
just takes time to get use to it and i suggest removing the account restrictions so you dont get those annoying popups. Also you can search in the control panel or what you want in the top right hand corner.