PDA

View Full Version : Why do traders apply or make their own GAs and REQs?

The_Martinator
06-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I don't get this part. I would leave them alone if they stayed in the trade section. I think I only have one post there, because I once saw something funny there (tbh, I don't remember).

I guess some want to show people they're one of the good guys now or what? Are they out of stuff to trade?!

Really, I'm interested in this.

VinX
06-02-2009, 10:47 AM
maybe get invites from giveaways , buffer them up and trade them for cool offers , thats what i think ... i m also interested to hear much about this topic :P

Louie
06-02-2009, 10:48 AM
I don't get this part.

Virgin nuns cant understand it.

The_Martinator
06-02-2009, 10:55 AM
I don't get this part.

Virgin nuns cant understand it.

So you're saying you have to try trading to understand it eh?:naughty:

VinX
06-02-2009, 10:55 AM
I don't get this part.Virgin nuns cant understand it.

so can uber leet , 100 year old like u can explain it ? eh ?

Louie
06-02-2009, 11:01 AM
so can uber leet , 100 year old like u

???

So you're saying you have to try trading to understand it eh?

If you dont know how to read betwen the lines...all you have to do its put you in that place,if you would trade what should keep you to dont make a giveaway or a request?

The_Martinator
06-02-2009, 11:04 AM
open signups anyone?

Louie
06-02-2009, 11:06 AM
open signups anyone?

And if you miss them?

The_Martinator
06-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Ok, I get it.

They're counting on finding users stupid enough to invite them. It's all starting to make sense.

Honestly, there are always some trackers open that close for a while or forever soon after. It wasn't like this a couple years ago, but now it is.

Louie
06-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Ok, I get it.

They're counting on finding users stupid enough to invite them. It's all starting to make sense.

Well you can be one of those that invite a trader without know it so it doesent mean nothing that they do it in the trade section or in the giveaway hiding as an anti-trader.

The_Martinator
06-02-2009, 11:53 AM
They could alway make a dupe account for the GA section. That's why I don't have GAs here (anymore). I go over the req threads and if I like something, I talk to the OP in PM. That said that happens very rarely.

Louie
06-02-2009, 12:01 PM
One way or another still a lot of chances that one of them will disappoint you,and if not now,maybe the next day.

IdolEyes787
06-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Ok, I get it.

Honestly, there are always some trackers open that close for a while or forever soon after. It wasn't like this a couple years ago, but now it is.

Of course there is another possibility that they simply don't want to continue trading. I know this is not the usual case but still you can't always think the worst of people and not expect them to do the same to you.

Besides and although I an not suggesting anyone start inviting people with dubious pasts, think of it akin to a criminal released from jail who no one will give an honest job to.By never giving them a break you are pretty much condemning them to continue a life of crime.

Of course the obvious thing for someone who was a trader but wants to stop to do is simply keep what they've got and forget about the rest.

sez
06-02-2009, 12:28 PM
i would think its part of capitalism,the books call it corporate social responsibility(CSR).Sort of like exxon mobil bankrolling research into green energy.nothing suspect.

Its not for us to stop them if they are doing good,now is it?if you don't want their invites you keep away from their giveaways(not referring to the OP by the way)at least they have the balls not to do it in secret unlike some 'pm' traders posing as 'anti-traders'.

Another thing,a tracker loses trust with its members i.e are suspected to be mostly traders and sellers,so it chooses to close its doors,no more invites,months down the line,trades for that tracker go down at supersonic speeds and the tracker's suspicions come to realise that indeed the bad ones are the majority.Now,how do you think that staffer from that tracker would react to such a thread?

I used to love threads like these till i came to realise how stupid they were.

Louie
06-02-2009, 12:29 PM
think of it akin to a criminal released from jail who no one will give an honest job to.By never giving them a break you are pretty much condemning them to continue a life of crime.

Something like that,of course for most of them its a little harder to became a reliable person again but with some help...

Now,how do you think that staffer from that tracker would react to such a thread?

Well you cant have everything,as more harder to get in you make it as more "bad" users will want to get in not to say anymore how stupid some rules are,once you make a tracker you asume you'll have some black sheep in there.

The_Martinator
06-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Ok, I get it.

Of course there is another possibility that they simply don't want to continue trading. I know this is not the usual case but still you can't always think the worst of people and not expect them to do the same to you.

Besides and although I an not suggesting anyone start inviting people with dubious pasts, think of it akin to a criminal released from jail who no one will give an honest job to.By never giving them a break you are pretty much condemning them to continue a life of crime.

Of course the obvious thing for someone who was a trader but wants to stop to do is simply keep what they've got and forget about the rest.

I know it seems like I'm thinking the worst of people. If someone is genuine about stoping trading, he'll be able to write about it in more than 2 sentences (that's what they usually do). You don't need to know perfect english if you don't want to get there by not trading, but it would help.

For me, it's been great. I've learned some new words everytime I wrote a req. I always had a dictionary open when writing one. The fact that my english has improved helps me in RL too.

cinephilia
06-02-2009, 01:34 PM
why do traders (even hardcore ones) make their own GA ? rep points are the key :whistling

Villalltheway
06-02-2009, 07:01 PM
why do traders (even hardcore ones) make their own GA ? rep points are the key :whistling

Have to agree with this.

Also end of the day maybe they just like to be nice and give some invites away. Nothing wrong in that and if u see that they are a trader its up to u if u want to take an invite from them or not, so no big deal.

shipwreck
06-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Some of those "giveaways" aren't giveaways at all, at least in the original sense, but rather a way to find out who has which sites. The OP asks for 'proof' before giving an invite, however, those requesters who post 'less attractive' sites (from the trader perspective) as proof are flat out denied an invite.

This probably goes on until someone 'interesting' posts, and gets contacted. They may give away an invite then, but only to 'befriend' that person and maybe get something in return in future. But that's just speculation on my side.

sez
06-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Some of those "giveaways" aren't giveaways at all, at least in the original sense, but rather a way to find out who has which sites. The OP asks for 'proof' before giving an invite, however, those requesters who post 'less attractive' sites (from the trader perspective) as proof are flat out denied an invite.

This probably goes on until someone 'interesting' posts, and gets contacted. They may give away an invite then, but only to 'befriend' that person and maybe get something in return in future. But that's just speculation on my side.

In all fairness,that actually happens even with non-traders(i saw you dancing along that trader/non-trader line and i figured why not do you the favor :)) and it shall continue to happen till when people shall stop taking these ratio doodlings too seriously.

I want to go ahead and say its a pity but i guess we as people are all always upto something.Some want that tracker quicker so they trade,some are patient hence they wait while others like in our case are well calculated and rightfully so,get there quicker having played along that thin line that separates the trader,a non-trader and an anti-trader like pros(though to some it may still echo of a trade).But like they say,can't beat them,don't join them....fucking cheat!

Pity is reserved for those who get played and don't know they are getting played.

Louie
06-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Some want that tracker quicker so they trade,some are patient hence they wait while others like in our case are well calculated and rightfully so,get there quicker having played along that thin line that separates the trader,a non-trader and an anti-trader like pros

Did you care how get in a tracker or is about what others thinking of you?

shipwreck
06-03-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm not always up to something. I try to always be into something though, but that doesn't always work out unfortunately...

But yeah, don't hate the player, hate the game. Or something along those lines...

sez
06-03-2009, 11:21 PM
But yeah, don't hate the player, hate the game. Or something along those lines...

lulz,and beat up the ref. :P

Albo Da Kid
06-04-2009, 12:10 AM
I guess some want to show people they're one of the good guys

since when being a trader makes you a bad guy?!! According to these idiotic statements then being a non-trader labels you as a good guy automatically

bored beings like the "anti-traders" have instilled this thought for ages so i get where you and some others are coming from, but traders aren't necessarily bad ppl. They just dont know how to do things properly

Taders don't even do much damage compared to the Delusional power-hungry whores who think they control everything. Look at MelviMewo when he tried exposing Detale's personal info etc.. It's peopel like that plague and disturb the bittorrent not the traders
Shame on you(not directed at you Martinator) if you can't think for yourself and base your opinions based on what these lowlife's say. "I am the best, the funniest and i will destroy anyone that goes against me because im better than everyone" ..that's exactly how they think

funny how these bored beings have established their own movement now though lol "Traders are the worst of the worst. Im number one and I will katch and punish everyone that disobeys me":lol: ..pathetic

The_Martinator
06-04-2009, 06:29 AM
I guess some want to show people they're one of the good guys

since when being a trader makes you a bad guy?!! According to these idiotic statements then being a non-trader labels you as a good guy automatically

bored beings like the "anti-traders" have instilled this thought for ages so i get where you and some others are coming from, but traders aren't necessarily bad ppl. They just dont know how to do things properly

Taders don't even do much damage compared to the Delusional power-hungry whores who think they control everything. Look at MelviMewo when he tried exposing Detale's personal info etc.. It's peopel like that plague and disturb the bittorrent not the traders
Shame on you(not directed at you Martinator) if you can't think for yourself and base your opinions based on what these lowlife's say. "I am the best, the funniest and i will destroy anyone that goes against me because im better than everyone" ..that's exactly how they think

funny how these bored beings have established their own movement now though lol "Traders are the worst of the worst. Im number one and I will katch and punish everyone that disobeys me":lol: ..pathetic

Wow, I've pissed of Albo, lol. I was talking about the traders that know they're doing something wrong, not the people who don't know how to do stuff proprely. I'm all about helping them. I hope they do see my posts in the GA section.

Louie
06-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Wow, I've pissed of Albo, lol. I was talking about the traders that know they're doing something wrong,

They dont do nothing wrong:dry:

shipwreck
06-04-2009, 09:21 AM
As I wrote earlier before, I am neither a trader or 'anti-trader'. I just see no point in trading, but it definitely is not my mission to "hunt down" traders, for whatever reason (to please siteops?). Everyone is responsible for what they do, and has to deal with the consequences. For traders, it's usually to get purged from sites and going nowhere in the long run. But who am I to 'convince them' to stop trading? It's their choice, they must know what they are doing.

But there is a specific kind of trader I just can't understand: Those who do everything to join rare ("high level") sites just for the sake of joining them, they don't even care about the content of the tracker, as long as the site is rare and 'exclusive'. I mean, what's the point? Why all the fuss, all the shit they have to go through to finally get what they want? I just don't get it, but whatever makes them happy I guess.

The_Martinator
06-04-2009, 09:25 AM
As I wrote earlier before, I am neither a trader or 'anti-trader'. I just see no point in trading, but it definitely is not my mission to "hunt down" traders, for whatever reason (to please siteops?). Everyone is responsible for what they do, and has to deal with the consequences. For traders, it's usually to get purged from sites and going nowhere in the long run. But who am I to 'convince them' to stop trading? It's their choice, they must know what they are doing.

But there is a specific kind of trader I just can't understand: Those who do everything to join rare ("high level") sites just for the sake of joining them, they don't even care about the content of the tracker, as long as the site is rare and 'excluive'. I mean, what's the point? Why all the fuss, all the shit they have to go through to finally get what they want? I just don't get it, but whatever makes them happy I guess.
One word: e-penis. nuff said.

The_Martinator
06-04-2009, 09:26 AM
sorry double post, please delete.

shipwreck
06-04-2009, 09:36 AM
But what can you penetrate with your e-penis? Know what I am aiming at?

The_Martinator
06-04-2009, 09:48 AM

I do. tbh idk, you need a big one to get into the even more hard to get sites?

I don't know any traders that well to know that. It would seem they're not very sociable, :lol:

Louie
06-04-2009, 09:50 AM

e-pussy

shipwreck
06-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Great, site is fucked again. Can't see Martinator's last post, which is shown as the last post of the thread in the forum index.

e-pussy

But who has the e-pussy? And does size matter? And what about reaching the climax in a torrent of bits and bytes? Questions...

Edit: Now I can see it, must have been a delay or something. Still, something is wrong with the site, it lags like hell.

shipwreck
06-04-2009, 09:54 AM

e-pussy

But who has the e-pussy? And does size matter? And what about reaching the climax in a torrent of bits and bytes? Questions...

Louie
06-04-2009, 10:01 AM
But who has the e-pussy?

Their small geeky world or ebay.

djerholler69
06-04-2009, 10:09 AM
the epussy is like Shangri-la or Babylon. It is a nirvana where people who seek for it hope to penetrate into.

shipwreck
06-04-2009, 10:12 AM
I see, so it's similar to the holy grail. The hunt for it does remind me of Monty Python at times indeed, (the knight who loses his limbs and keeps 'fighting' in particular).

shipwreck
06-04-2009, 10:14 AM
wtf? the posts keep coming out of nowhere. :D

Delete, please. Site is broken.

shipwreck
06-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Delete, site hickup.