PDA

View Full Version : Opera

Skiz
06-07-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm convinced FF is getting slower with every update.

I just downloaded Opera to give it a test run but there doesn't appear to be a popup blocker built in. Googling around a bit I've seen users saying they use 3rd party programs to block them but that doesn't sound very appealing to me.

Any suggestions on how to block ads in Opera? :unsure:

Ufologist
06-08-2009, 01:15 AM
Here
http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/ad-block

peat moss
06-08-2009, 05:57 AM
Slower on every update ? Maybe its your extensions . By all means try another browser if unhappy but good luck with Opera . Been there done that got the t shirt .

Try Avant with the built in pop up blocker . http://www.avantbrowser.com/

Skiz
06-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Perhaps not in the literal sense, but it just doesn't seem to be the speed it once was. I only run a couple plugins and none of them seem to make a difference when enabled or disabled.

I had to view something in IE a couple days ago and was amazed at how blazing fast IE8 was. :ermm:

peat moss
06-08-2009, 07:00 AM
Ya well the nice thing is you can run multiple browsers and then pick your poison . If you need IE to browse you know Fox has a plugin called IE tab .

As I said I don't mean to discourage you from trying a different browser but found Opera lacking in many ways , plug ins and support were few and far between .

Skiz
06-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Ya well the nice thing is you can run multiple browsers and then pick your poison . If you need IE to browse you know Fox has a plugin called IE tab .

As I said I don't mean to discourage you from trying a different browser but found Opera lacking in many ways , plug ins and support were few and far between .

Yeah, I've found the lack of plugins pretty much a deal breaker at this point.

I've also got the IETab but it only displays web pages like IE would. There won't be any increase in browsing speed as you're still using FF.

mbucari1
06-08-2009, 07:58 AM

Yeah, I've found the lack of plugins pretty much a deal breaker at this point.

I've also got the IETab but it only displays web pages like IE would. There won't be any increase in browsing speed as you're still using FF.

Not true about IETab. It opens an ie window in the firefox tab so it actually IS IE. Notice that the context menus are IE as well.