PDA

View Full Version : GOEM -or- PtP

Col. Skillz
06-08-2009, 01:48 AM
Anyone know if one is better than the other? just out of curiosity. they seem like standard movie trackers to me, with similar amounts of torrents and users, but idk

are there any fundamental differences?

n00bz0r
06-08-2009, 01:58 AM
Goem has one of the cleanest communities with active forums and helpful members.
Their FLS system is pretty innovative, and seeding is pretty easy.
They also have Freeleech torrents in the form of MOTWs, which is a great way to boost your ratio.

PTP is a good if you love gazelle. They have a decent selection of torrents, but are prone to DB losses and associated probs.

1000possibleclaws
06-08-2009, 02:03 AM
I fail to see how free leech slots are innovative, but they are definitely something I appreciate.

Biggest difference imo is the coding, and that goem is an established tracker while the other one is still young.

shipwreck
06-08-2009, 02:15 AM
PtP has plenty of free leech torrents, too, and a bonus system. It's not the easiest site to seed on, but it's pretty doable, not just for those reasons.

Col. Skillz
06-08-2009, 03:49 AM
well, assuming you have the HDD space, ptp can get you massive bonus points

Albo Da Kid
06-08-2009, 05:58 AM
both good. i download from ptp more often

Lovestoned
06-08-2009, 06:12 AM
I fail to see how free leech slots are innovative, but they are definitely something I appreciate.

Biggest difference imo is the coding, and that goem is an established tracker while the other one is still young.

goem and What seem to be on good terms too if I'm not wrong.

I myself don't really ask for much eye candy in the tracker since you're there to download stuffs and share your view on forum thread, and goem suits me perfectly fine!

Custom stylesheet(s) are loved though. :P

The_Martinator
06-08-2009, 06:50 AM
I agree to most that's been said already, but I have one question for the OP: What about TC? They're also right up there.

Louie
06-08-2009, 07:25 AM
I fail to see how free leech slots are innovative, but they are definitely something I appreciate

Since you have to be PU to use them are pretty useless for someone that have a slow connection and just registered.

More users and movies on PTP,regarding content PTP have more scene rls and Hollywood movies in different quality while on goem you'll find some rare or foreign movies and tv shows too.

bluju
06-08-2009, 07:44 AM
goem, no question. One of the best communities anywhere. The site itself is top notch, the coders really pour their blood, sweat and tears into it. I've been there a long time, and they've always impressed me.

PTP is mediocre at best. Their collections are stoopid (films featuring cats, films on a farm), they've taken the tools that gazelle offers and made it a complete waste of time. I get the distinct impression that they don't really know what they're doing with the gazelle (don't ask me to back this up, its just a sneaking suspicion)
They've got a couple of good staffers over there, but god knows why.

If you want to go with straight numbers, then rarbg or zamunda (or TPB) is what you're looking for, but comparing these two is an insult to goem.

Lucifer9999
06-08-2009, 07:51 AM
i think goem and p*n are better than ptp and tc and are more nice (gazelle i like only for music sites)! but ptp has some amaizing collections, p*n also!!!

The_Martinator
06-08-2009, 09:04 AM
I must say you guys made me give goem another look. It is really good! Since when are there FL spots?!

I think I'll be using it more in the future.

shipwreck
06-08-2009, 10:00 AM
I agree to most that's been said already, but I have one question for the OP: What about TC? They're also right up there.

TC is good also, but considerably harder to seed on. Yes, they do have a "movie of the week" that is free leech, too, but less leechers in general (at least that is my impression - less users probably?), and no bonus system.

What I like about PtP in particular is that they allow to "disable grouping" when searching for / filtering torrents. I think it's my only gazelle site that (still) allows that.

TP635
06-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Re: GOEM -or- PtP ?

There is no need to choose; both are good. join both. Problem solved

IdolEyes787
06-08-2009, 12:00 PM
^^Good words of advice .Movie sites aren't like Odays that more or less all contain the same content
If you are a movie fan it behooves you to be on as many niche trackers as possible.No one ensures complete coverage and being on multiple allows you a better chance of maintaining ratio while downloading older torrents that may interest you.

Col. Skillz
06-08-2009, 01:12 PM

Not sure I'm aware of TC =p

Re: GOEM -or- PtP ?

There is no need to choose; both are good. join both. Problem solved

guess so :D

MATEE100
06-08-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't know Goem,but I was a member of PtP,not liked too much.Nice banner and style,but speeds are not too high.I think Goem may better,I heard a lot of better things about this :)

The_Martinator
06-08-2009, 01:25 PM
I don't know Goem,but I was a member of PtP,not liked too much.Nice banner and style,but speeds are not too high.I think Goem may better,I heard a lot of better things about this :)

the banner sucks at Goem, stay away. Also the speeds get nowhere near 10MB/s, so I guess you might not like it.

On top of that, they removed the invites forum! :yikes:

Seriously, mate there is more to trackers besides ultra speeds and banners, lol.

Not sure I'm aware of TC =p

Check the review at the site where you make userbars for people... ;)

n00bz0r
06-08-2009, 01:35 PM
the banner sucks at Goem, stay away. Also the speeds get nowhere near 10MB/s, so I guess you might not like it.
Speeds are getting better as more and more users have started using seedboxes. (Security reasons. ;) )

invite section aint everything. :lol:
But anyway, if ya care a lot about invites, PTP has an active section dedicated to them.

MATEE100
06-08-2009, 01:35 PM
The banner is the most minimal thing what needed for a site to be great I think. (Needed of course to be nice,but the content and speeds should be more important)

The_Martinator
06-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Speeds are getting better as more and more users have started using seedboxes. (Security reasons. ;) )

But anyway, if ya care a lot about invites, PTP has an active section dedicated to them.

I was making fun of MATEE. He proved worthy of making fun with his last post.:P

n00bz0r
06-08-2009, 03:00 PM

I was making fun of MATEE. He proved worthy of making fun with his last post.:P

:lol:
nvm, my comment was directed at such mentality.

shipwreck
06-08-2009, 04:56 PM

So you choose your sites by the sexyness of their banner?

PtP's speeds are actually pretty good, but I mainly download HD stuff, and usually (not always), those releases have a couple of seedboxes whoring them to the swarm.

DarkLured
06-08-2009, 05:24 PM
PTP has become my favorite tracker for non-0-day movies, followed closely by TC. I don't use Goem much anymore because I don't like its design and interface.

1000possibleclaws
06-08-2009, 06:54 PM
The banner is the most minimal thing what needed for a site to be great I think. (Needed of course to be nice,but the content and speeds should be more important)

I adblock banners soo I can see more torrents on the page :lol:

cinephilia
06-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I don't use Goem much anymore because I don't like its design and interface.
lol...

i'm not member of both tracker but i'd recommend you to look closer at TehConnection: this is a very good movie tracker with a decent amount of torrents (8.397) and i have to say that i'm always impressed of how fast it's growing.

DarkLured
06-09-2009, 12:16 AM
[Deleted]